Comcast - how to hook up cable modem when using non-digital cable

My house previously had digital cable TV but we are now using basic and
extended cable (A & B side with an old Jerrolds box). If I buy a self-
install cable modem kit, will it have all the necessary connectors that I
would need to get the cable modem working? Would I need to plug the cable
modem into the A or B side cable (and if so would a regular splitter work
for that)?

Thanks.
0
DBB
11/29/2003 3:57:21 PM
comp.dcom.modems.cable 1799 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

I think that the most dual cable systems use B for analog only and A for
analog and digital services.  I would connect the cable modem to the A
side and it will most likely work.  If you're picking your kit up at the
cable company's office, they can tell you for sure.

CIAO!

Ed Nielsen
CENCOM
http://www.cencom94.com

DBB wrote:
> My house previously had digital cable TV but we are now using basic and
> extended cable (A & B side with an old Jerrolds box). If I buy a self-
> install cable modem kit, will it have all the necessary connectors that I
> would need to get the cable modem working? Would I need to plug the cable
> modem into the A or B side cable (and if so would a regular splitter work
> for that)?
>
> Thanks.

0
Ed
11/29/2003 4:15:47 PM
Ed Nielsen <egnlsn@comcast.net> wrote in

> I think that the most dual cable systems use B for analog only and A
> for analog and digital services.  I would connect the cable modem to
> the A side and it will most likely work.  If you're picking your kit
> up at the cable company's office, they can tell you for sure.

Thanks Ed. So I would need to put a splitter between the A cable and the
cable box, correct?

> DBB wrote:
>> My house previously had digital cable TV but we are now using basic
>> and extended cable (A & B side with an old Jerrolds box). If I buy a
>> self- install cable modem kit, will it have all the necessary
>> connectors that I would need to get the cable modem working? Would I
>> need to plug the cable modem into the A or B side cable (and if so
>> would a regular splitter work for that)?
>>
>> Thanks.

0
DBB
11/29/2003 6:37:55 PM
Yes.

CIAO!

Ed Nielsen
CENCOM
http://www.cencom94.com

DBB wrote:

> Ed Nielsen <egnlsn@comcast.net> wrote in
>

>>I think that the most dual cable systems use B for analog only and A
>>for analog and digital services.  I would connect the cable modem to
>>the A side and it will most likely work.  If you're picking your kit
>>up at the cable company's office, they can tell you for sure.
>>

> Thanks Ed. So I would need to put a splitter between the A cable and the
> cable box, correct?
>

>>DBB wrote:
>>
>>>My house previously had digital cable TV but we are now using basic
>>>and extended cable (A & B side with an old Jerrolds box). If I buy a
>>>self- install cable modem kit, will it have all the necessary
>>>connectors that I would need to get the cable modem working? Would I
>>>need to plug the cable modem into the A or B side cable (and if so
>>>would a regular splitter work for that)?
>>>
>>>Thanks.

0
Ed