Can't get 'CONNECT' response

I have an NEC laptop with an AGERE modem.

I have a comms program which requires a CONNECT response after connecting to
a remote modem. The modem dials and connects correctly but there is no
response string. Have tried ATQ0, ATV1 but the modem still does not respond.

Any ideas welcome!

Thanks,
Arthur

0
Arthur
10/20/2003 11:22:46 PM
comp.dcom.modems 1644 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"Arthur Richards" <fake@address.com.au> wrote in message
> I have an NEC laptop with an AGERE modem.
>
> I have a comms program which requires a CONNECT response after connecting
> a remote modem. The modem dials and connects correctly but there is no
> response string. Have tried ATQ0, ATV1 but the modem still does not
respond.

Show us the actual init string you are using and the exact response you
want. The modem, by default, should provide at least the basic CONNECT
response, additional info in that response usually requires a change.

--

Hooda Gest
"The only thing I do immediately is procrastinate."

0
Hooda
10/21/2003 4:30:06 AM
Thanks for your reply. The solution was to set the PC RTS hi ( I guess the
modem is set for hardware handshaking )

Regards,
Arthur