disable error correction & compression

I am a newbie with this modem stuff. We have an application that uses
JH.CommBase the C-sharp dotNet wrapper for win32 Communications
Functions. Our App calls different modems automatically without user
intervention. For every modem it has the correct parity and baud rate,
etc. that it configures the port with and then connects the modem and
dials the remote modem sends a couple of commands and hangs up. One of
the remote modems now require Error checking and compression to be
disabled. I know how to do this manually using the modem config page's
Data connection preferences. But how do I disable it on the fly either
programmatically thru the C-sharp dotNet wrapper or how can I do it
using windows IO SDK, or is there a way to do it by sending some AT
command to the modem once I'm attached to it that can accomplish this?

Thanks for any response I am desperate

0
zfeld100
6/27/2005 11:07:16 PM
comp.dcom.modems 1644 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 27 Jun 2005 16:07:16 -0700, zfeld100@hotmail.com put finger to
keyboard and composed:

>I am a newbie with this modem stuff. We have an application that uses
>JH.CommBase the C-sharp dotNet wrapper for win32 Communications
>Functions. Our App calls different modems automatically without user
>intervention. For every modem it has the correct parity and baud rate,
>etc. that it configures the port with and then connects the modem and
>dials the remote modem sends a couple of commands and hangs up. One of
>the remote modems now require Error checking and compression to be
>disabled. I know how to do this manually using the modem config page's
>Data connection preferences. But how do I disable it on the fly either
>programmatically thru the C-sharp dotNet wrapper or how can I do it
>using windows IO SDK, or is there a way to do it by sending some AT
>command to the modem once I'm attached to it that can accomplish this?
>
>Thanks for any response I am desperate

If you have an external modem attached to a serial port, then it
should be possible to configure two such modems in Device Manager,
each with its own config page and data connection preferences. Your
app could then switch between the EC and non-EC modems as required.

- Franc Zabkar
Franc
6/30/2005 11:30:25 PM
On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 09:30:25 +1000, Franc Zabkar
<fzabkar@optussnet.com.au> put finger to keyboard and composed:

>On 27 Jun 2005 16:07:16 -0700, zfeld100@hotmail.com put finger to
>keyboard and composed:
>
>>I am a newbie with this modem stuff. We have an application that uses
>>JH.CommBase the C-sharp dotNet wrapper for win32 Communications
>>Functions. Our App calls different modems automatically without user
>>intervention. For every modem it has the correct parity and baud rate,
>>etc. that it configures the port with and then connects the modem and
>>dials the remote modem sends a couple of commands and hangs up. One of
>>the remote modems now require Error checking and compression to be
>>disabled. I know how to do this manually using the modem config page's
>>Data connection preferences. But how do I disable it on the fly either
>>programmatically thru the C-sharp dotNet wrapper or how can I do it
>>using windows IO SDK, or is there a way to do it by sending some AT
>>command to the modem once I'm attached to it that can accomplish this?
>>
>>Thanks for any response I am desperate
>
>If you have an external modem attached to a serial port, then it
>should be possible to configure two such modems in Device Manager,
>each with its own config page and data connection preferences. Your
>app could then switch between the EC and non-EC modems as required.

In case my post was ambiguous, I meant that it should be possible to
configure two instances of the one physical modem in Device Manager.

- Franc Zabkar
Franc