Generic network service/Application network service

Hi folks,

Can anybody give me some pointers as to

What are generic network services/ what they do etc
What application network services are/ what they do
What is the difference between low and high level network service

any help will be much appreciated...

comp.dcom.net-management 985 articles. 0 followers. ysoc.gamez (1) is leader. Post Follow

Generic networks/Application networks
Hi folks, Can anybody give me some pointers as to What are generic network services/ what they do etc What application network services are/ what they do What is the difference between low and high level network service any help will be much appreciated... ...

Manager, Network Services
Position: Manager, Network Services Department: Information Technology Start date: ASAP Salary: Pay is 90-95k + 20% bonus aprx...manage team of 15 consisting of network admin, desktop/LAN support and security analysts... Downtown Toronto The Network Manager's role is to plan, direct, and coordinate the design, installation, and connectivity of server and network systems to ensure the stable operation of the organization's IT assets. This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all new and existing server and network infrastructure. The Netw...

Network Services
With today=92s new methods for making your business stand out, it is really important that you start investing in different areas. http://www.phrixus.com On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 21:37:42 -0800 (PST), Stephanie Allen wrote: > With today�s new methods for making your business stand out, it is > really important that you start investing in different areas. > http://www.phrixus.com Buy real estate..... It's cheap now and will eventually go back up again. ...

SN#12113 Sun[SM] Services Updates Network Identity Consulting Services
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 71 Issue 4 2004-01-26 Article 12113 from section "Features" Offering Ranges from Introduction to Implementation Sun[SM] Services has produced updates to its consulting services for identity management. The three-fold service comprises a two-day Architecture Workshop for Network Identity Service, a two week Quick Start for Network Identity Services and a two-month Architecture Roadmap for Network Identity Services. - Architecture Workshop for Network Identity (fixed price): A ...

Applications, services, and service settings
I work on an client/server database application. A new feature is being added and this requires one machine on the same network as the server to run a Windows Service. We're currently designing a dialog to collect information about the machine on which the service is to run. Does anyone know of any easily obtainable examples of similar dialogs so that we can avoid wheel reinvention? ...

SN#12113 Sun[SM] Services Updates Network Identity Consulting Services #2
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 71 Issue 4 2004-01-26 Article 12113 from section "Features" Offering Ranges from Introduction to Implementation Sun[SM] Services has produced updates to its consulting services for identity management. The three-fold service comprises a two-day Architecture Workshop for Network Identity Service, a two week Quick Start for Network Identity Services and a two-month Architecture Roadmap for Network Identity Services. - Architecture Workshop for Network Identity (fixed price): A ...

VB.Net - Windows Service
Hi Guys, I have written a Windows Service which has Timer and Event Log Controls. After every 3 seconds, the service must write the list of files in a mapped directory on the network to the Event Log. Here is the part of the code that I am trying to get working.... Private Sub Timer1_Elapsed(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Timers.ElapsedEventArgs) Handles Timer1.Elapsed Dim di As New DirectoryInfo("u:\pro\inv-reports") ' Create an array representing the files in the current directory. Dim fi As FileInfo() = di.GetFiles() ' Print out the name...

Network traffic crashing built application; services to disable?
We have a deployed application built with 7.0/7.1 LV. One computer, out of 100 or so, has frequent (1-2/day) crashes of the application.The machine has been rebuilt from the OS (XP) up.  Our hypothesis is that somethingon the network was causing the crash, so we inserted a NAT'ing router in front, which helpedbut caused other problems.  The network has lots of non-LV traffic, and is really beyond our control.After removing the router, the crashes resumed.  We added the following tokens to ourapplication.ini file:server.tcp.enabled=falseserver.ole.enabled=falseWeb...

Study Management Service Class and Results Management Service Class
Greetings, Since " Study Management Service Class" , "Results Management Service Class" are retired, could some suggest ( direct) what has replaced them in the standard. Regards, Masood ...

SCO 5.0.7 & HP Network Print Services Manager
I'm attempting to install a 'Fresh' install of SCO 5.0.7 onto a new system, and go to run "scoadmin / printers / HP Network Print Services Manager" and it comes up to the correct "Do you want to install or remove network printing (i/r/q)? [q]:", but when I go to "Install", the program exits and I get a "Error while executing: 'HP Network Print Services Manager' (exit code: 1) ". Anyone have an idea what might be causing this or a way to run this the "installer' manually so I can find the 'true' error, or ?. All of m...

(215) US-PA-Philadelphia: Network Engineer - Managed Services
********************************************************************** This job posting is brought to you by ISHUNTER.COM, offering computer jobs for programmers, engineers, systems analysts, network administrators and other high technology professionals. Search over 3,000 IS/IT jobs in the United States by clicking on http://www.ISHunter.com ********************************************************************** Title ...... Network Engineer - Managed Services - 2nd shift Skills ..... firewalls, routers, switches, DNS Location ... Philadelphia, PA Area Code .. 215 ...

[rfc-dist] RFC 5178 on Generic Security Service Application Program Interface (GSS-API) Internationalization and Domain-Based Service Names and Name Type
A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries. RFC 5178 Title: Generic Security Service Application Program Interface (GSS-API) Internationalization and Domain-Based Service Names and Name Type Author: N. Williams, A. Melnikov Status: Standards Track Date: May 2008 Mailbox: Nicolas.Williams@sun.com, Alexey.Melnikov@isode.com Pages: 9 Characters: 17262 Updates/Obso...

SN#14473 "Sun[SM] Connection � IT Management Delivered as a Network Service"
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 87 Issue 3 2005-05-16 Article 14473 from section "SysAdmin's Section" Learn About Nine Integrated Services, Business Benefits Available Sun has produced a white paper outlining its Sun[TM] Connection service, which was released during its Network Computing '05 Q2 product launch and aimed at fixing the expanding costs and complexities rampant in IT management. This document defines this service, explaining how it works and the resulting business benefits that can be achieved. Details at http...

windows service not showing up in service manager
Hi, I am writing a windows service using vb.net. I created a new windows service, added a project installer, and then created a setup project to go along with my service project. Problem is, when I run the setup the service name doesn't appear in my service manager. I have run installutil.exe to get the service to show up. I have created other services in the past using C# and I have not had this problem. I have also recreated the package numerous times and still cannot get the service to show up. Is there something really simple I am missing? Any help would be appriciated. Thank...

Web resources about - Generic network service/Application network service - comp.dcom.net-management

Miller accused's bail application adjourned until Friday
One of the two men charged with causing the one-punch death of Brisbane teenager Cole Miller will stay behind bars until at least Friday.

Apple Stores planned for India as application is filed with regulators
... India Times , the company has recently taken a major step in accomplishing that goal. According to the report, Apple has just filed an application ...

Tech City UK received just 37 applications for a visa scheme that could allow 200 tech immigrants to ...
Tech City UK, a taxpayer-funded government organisation, has received just 37 applications since April 2015 for a dedicated technology visa that ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 22% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase as Rates Continue to Drop in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 8.8 percent ...

Mortgage applications up 8.8%
Defying expectations for the start of 2016, mortgage rates spiraled down further last week, spurring more applications.

The USPTO updates their refusal of Sony's 'Let's Play' trademark application
... and Trademarks Office shot them down. What was interesting was the USPTO’s justification for doing so. They didn’t originally deny the application ...

Capacitive touch demand on the rise for most applications
The proportion of capacitive touch is growing in segments including smartphone, tablet, notebook and all-in-one PC applications, due to reduced ...

Application Security Lacking in Health, Finance Apps
The survey also revealed 82 percent of app users said they would change providers if a similar provider offered a more secure mobile app.

Trends In Food, Applications In Wine: Tips From The Fancy Food Show
The $109 billion specialty food category has something to teach the wine industry. Here’s a look at prominent trends that are driving that growth, ...