anyone who help me about routing and switching.

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

hi all.
I don't have a router either hub :) , but I'm working the network integrated
company in korea.
I got some problem,
I passed the ccie written exam and remained ccie lab exam now.
How can I prepare ccie lab exam? boson router simulater is too bad.
that is many command restriction in using the boson router simulater.
what is the best router simulater ?
when I studying a routing protocol, how many router is need ?
please answer me.
and have fun :)

P.S Are there anyone who tell me that  connect thourth telnet to router on
FREE? :)

0
Reply PS2 6/1/2004 4:56:16 AM

See related articles to this posting

Unless you are an absolute genius and your job provides you with extensive
hands-on experience with a wide variety of complicated scenarios you will
never pass the CCIE lab exam!

In order to get the practice you need you will have to rent rack time, buy
your own rack, get access to Cisco provided racks, get your company to
provide you with a rack or some combination of the items listed above. The
point is you need live hardware to work on.

This is a test that can only be passed by entering commands into actual
routers not by reading books, web sites, rfc's whitepapers, etc.

There are no software based simulators that provide the capability you will
need to conquer the CCIE lab exam.

If you can afford it I would recommend at least 7-8 routers and two
switches. If you can't afford to obtain the expensive items like ATM, voice,
dual Catalyst 3550's, etc. then rent some rack time.

If you want more info and insight contact me directly. I have been working
with CCIE candidates for over 6 years.

Marc Russell
Network Learning, Inc.
www.ccbootcamp.com (Cisco training)
mrussell@ccbootcamp.com

"PS2 gamer" <jsycap@yahoo.co.kr> wrote in message
> hi all.
> I don't have a router either hub :) , but I'm working the network
integrated
> company in korea.
> I got some problem,
> I passed the ccie written exam and remained ccie lab exam now.
> How can I prepare ccie lab exam? boson router simulater is too bad.
> that is many command restriction in using the boson router simulater.
> what is the best router simulater ?
> when I studying a routing protocol, how many router is need ?
> please answer me.
> and have fun :)
>
> P.S Are there anyone who tell me that  connect thourth telnet to router on
> FREE? :)

0
Reply Marc 6/1/2004 5:40:19 AM
comp.dcom.sys.cisco 25145 articles. 24 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Help on Routing/VLANs with new 1712 and a 2950 switch
Hi There, this is my 1st try with VLANS and i'm using a 1712 (4 port switch, 1 fastethernet) which only support dot1q enacapsulation. HOWEVER the router is not what i expected, so I have done a wee test lab set-up with only 2 VLANs 1 and 3. All I want to do is have routing between the VLANs and gain Internet access for the PC (the router at 192.168.0.254 allow any access for this subnet). I Cannot ping the 192.168.0.254 address from the 1712 so something is wrong here, nothing to do with the switch - can someone help?? ( I can get telnet to the router on the 192.168.10.254 addres...

Help: Low-Cost Switch with VLAN routing / LAN Segmentation?
Hi All, We have a SonicWall 3060 Firewall with Zone support (Port-based LAN segmentation) and we like to connect a switch to this firewall. Zones on the firewall allow filtering of database between subnets - and this is very important for us. We like to use one switch to handle all the subnets. Are there any switches that support LAN segmentation by port? (i.e. Port 1 - 12 = 192.168.1.x, Ports 13 - 24 = 192.168.2.x?). Ideally we like to segment the switch phyiscally (i.e. split a switch in 2, 3, etc?). Unfortunately our firewall doesn't support VLANs... Can switches...

Oops Help switching field type in a table- Was Help Switching Table Types, Please
Sorry ...

help for switch to switch connection
Hi all, i have two 2950 switches, and i wanna to connect them with a Straight- Through cable. i know it should be easy to fixed by using cross cable, but my case is not easy to re-install cross cable =( so any idea, or can it be config a uplink port for one 2950 switch? thanks steve In article <1184727739.487187.124580@e9g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, STandard <standardhk@gmail.com> writes: > Hi all, > > i have two 2950 switches, and i wanna to connect them with a Straight- > Through cable. > > i know it should be easy to fixed by using cross cable, but my ...

NEED HELP WITH A PROGRAM....ANYONE PLEASE HELP!
QUESTION: Write a program that opens and read a text file and records how many times each word occurs in the file. Use a binary search tree modified to store both a word and the number of times it occurs. After the program has read the file, it should offer a menu with three choices. the first is to list all the words along with the number of occurences. The second is to let you enter a word, with the program reporting how many times the word occured in the file. The third is to quit. This quesiton is from the book C Primer Plus 5th edition by Stephen Prata. Chapter 17 question 7. I read the ...

Need some quick help (Anyone can help)
I want to get the results for the following for each version of common lisp (sort '("zyzzyva" "zyzzyvas") #'string<) For Clisp: >> ("zyzzyva" "zyzzyvas") For SBCL: >> ?? For CMUCL: >> ?? For Allegro: >> ?? Thanks guys! Mike ACL81 (Win32): CG-USER(1): (sort '("zyzzyva" "zyzzyvas") #'string<) ("zyzzyva" "zyzzyvas") GNU CLISP 2.41 (2006-10-13) (Win32): [1]> (sort '("zyzzyva" "zyzzyvas") #'string<) ("zyzzyva" "...

WAN, Routing and Switching: Route some IP traffic over tunnel
Hi, i would like to be able to route some internet trafic over my normal adsl connection, and some other trafic (defined by port or ip address) over a tunnel of some sort to a remote site, which would then perform routing of its own. Now i am totaly new to VPNs but would these work? Would we need to set the internal network addresses to different subnets between the two sites? Are there other easier solutions for me to do this? Many thanks, Chris Hi Chris, You may wish to investigate the following online Cisco VPN Tutorials: http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le31/le46/products/product...

Need Immediate help in SIMULINK....plzzz anyone help me!!!
I'm Srikanth........user of MATLAB in our college.........we've recently bought new version tooo................ Problem: I'm doin my final yr B.Tech proj in Simulink .....i cant find some of the components .......i've searched in entire tools............still i could nt find it???? I cant post the image of the Block diagram using in our project............ It looks like a small hyphen under which two dots used for an incoming connection...........it's just some sort of relay or arrester???? finally it's in SimPowerSystems of Simulink........or it's also in Pow...

help with routing
hello, I need some help with routing. It's like this: pc1(192.168.0.11/24)<-->(eth1-192.168.0.1/24)linux(eth0-192.168.1.100/24)<-->pc2(192.168.1.1/24) I would like to connect from pc1 to pc2 without masquerading and souch, so I want pc2 to see ip, not the ip from linux computer, but from pc1. root@skum:/etc# route -n | grep eth[0,1] 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth0 192.168.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth1 is it something like this? ip route add 192.168.1.0/24 via 192.168.0.1 1 ip route add 1...