anyone who help me about routing and switching.

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

hi all.
I don't have a router either hub :) , but I'm working the network integrated
company in korea.
I got some problem,
I passed the ccie written exam and remained ccie lab exam now.
How can I prepare ccie lab exam? boson router simulater is too bad.
that is many command restriction in using the boson router simulater.
what is the best router simulater ?
when I studying a routing protocol, how many router is need ?
please answer me.
and have fun :)

P.S Are there anyone who tell me that  connect thourth telnet to router on
FREE? :)

0
Reply PS2 6/1/2004 4:56:16 AM

See related articles to this posting

Unless you are an absolute genius and your job provides you with extensive
hands-on experience with a wide variety of complicated scenarios you will
never pass the CCIE lab exam!

In order to get the practice you need you will have to rent rack time, buy
your own rack, get access to Cisco provided racks, get your company to
provide you with a rack or some combination of the items listed above. The
point is you need live hardware to work on.

This is a test that can only be passed by entering commands into actual
routers not by reading books, web sites, rfc's whitepapers, etc.

There are no software based simulators that provide the capability you will
need to conquer the CCIE lab exam.

If you can afford it I would recommend at least 7-8 routers and two
switches. If you can't afford to obtain the expensive items like ATM, voice,
dual Catalyst 3550's, etc. then rent some rack time.

If you want more info and insight contact me directly. I have been working
with CCIE candidates for over 6 years.

Marc Russell
Network Learning, Inc.
www.ccbootcamp.com (Cisco training)
mrussell@ccbootcamp.com

"PS2 gamer" <jsycap@yahoo.co.kr> wrote in message
> hi all.
> I don't have a router either hub :) , but I'm working the network
integrated
> company in korea.
> I got some problem,
> I passed the ccie written exam and remained ccie lab exam now.
> How can I prepare ccie lab exam? boson router simulater is too bad.
> that is many command restriction in using the boson router simulater.
> what is the best router simulater ?
> when I studying a routing protocol, how many router is need ?
> please answer me.
> and have fun :)
>
> P.S Are there anyone who tell me that  connect thourth telnet to router on
> FREE? :)

0
Reply Marc 6/1/2004 5:40:19 AM
comp.dcom.sys.cisco 25197 articles. 25 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Help on Routing/VLANs with new 1712 and a 2950 switch
Hi There, this is my 1st try with VLANS and i'm using a 1712 (4 port switch, 1 fastethernet) which only support dot1q enacapsulation. HOWEVER the router is not what i expected, so I have done a wee test lab set-up with only 2 VLANs 1 and 3. All I want to do is have routing between the VLANs and gain Internet access for the PC (the router at 192.168.0.254 allow any access for this subnet). I Cannot ping the 192.168.0.254 address from the 1712 so something is wrong here, nothing to do with the switch - can someone help?? ( I can get telnet to the router on the 192.168.10.254 addres...

Help: Low-Cost Switch with VLAN routing / LAN Segmentation?
Hi All, We have a SonicWall 3060 Firewall with Zone support (Port-based LAN segmentation) and we like to connect a switch to this firewall. Zones on the firewall allow filtering of database between subnets - and this is very important for us. We like to use one switch to handle all the subnets. Are there any switches that support LAN segmentation by port? (i.e. Port 1 - 12 = 192.168.1.x, Ports 13 - 24 = 192.168.2.x?). Ideally we like to segment the switch phyiscally (i.e. split a switch in 2, 3, etc?). Unfortunately our firewall doesn't support VLANs... Can switches...

Oops Help switching field type in a table- Was Help Switching Table Types, Please
Sorry ...

help for switch to switch connection
Hi all, i have two 2950 switches, and i wanna to connect them with a Straight- Through cable. i know it should be easy to fixed by using cross cable, but my case is not easy to re-install cross cable =( so any idea, or can it be config a uplink port for one 2950 switch? thanks steve In article <1184727739.487187.124580@e9g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, STandard <standardhk@gmail.com> writes: > Hi all, > > i have two 2950 switches, and i wanna to connect them with a Straight- > Through cable. > > i know it should be easy to fixed by using cross cable, but my ...

NEED HELP WITH A PROGRAM....ANYONE PLEASE HELP!
QUESTION: Write a program that opens and read a text file and records how many times each word occurs in the file. Use a binary search tree modified to store both a word and the number of times it occurs. After the program has read the file, it should offer a menu with three choices. the first is to list all the words along with the number of occurences. The second is to let you enter a word, with the program reporting how many times the word occured in the file. The third is to quit. This quesiton is from the book C Primer Plus 5th edition by Stephen Prata. Chapter 17 question 7. I read the ...

Need some quick help (Anyone can help)
I want to get the results for the following for each version of common lisp (sort '("zyzzyva" "zyzzyvas") #'string<) For Clisp: >> ("zyzzyva" "zyzzyvas") For SBCL: >> ?? For CMUCL: >> ?? For Allegro: >> ?? Thanks guys! Mike ACL81 (Win32): CG-USER(1): (sort '("zyzzyva" "zyzzyvas") #'string<) ("zyzzyva" "zyzzyvas") GNU CLISP 2.41 (2006-10-13) (Win32): [1]> (sort '("zyzzyva" "zyzzyvas") #'string<) ("zyzzyva" "...

WAN, Routing and Switching: Route some IP traffic over tunnel
Hi, i would like to be able to route some internet trafic over my normal adsl connection, and some other trafic (defined by port or ip address) over a tunnel of some sort to a remote site, which would then perform routing of its own. Now i am totaly new to VPNs but would these work? Would we need to set the internal network addresses to different subnets between the two sites? Are there other easier solutions for me to do this? Many thanks, Chris Hi Chris, You may wish to investigate the following online Cisco VPN Tutorials: http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le31/le46/products/product...

Need Immediate help in SIMULINK....plzzz anyone help me!!!
I'm Srikanth........user of MATLAB in our college.........we've recently bought new version tooo................ Problem: I'm doin my final yr B.Tech proj in Simulink .....i cant find some of the components .......i've searched in entire tools............still i could nt find it???? I cant post the image of the Block diagram using in our project............ It looks like a small hyphen under which two dots used for an incoming connection...........it's just some sort of relay or arrester???? finally it's in SimPowerSystems of Simulink........or it's also in Pow...

anyone help?

I really need help with this so if anyone can help me out that would be really great of you.
I am a student studying in college this is my first year and i am taking Computer Science as my Major but i am having a hard time with my course. I have no idea of whats going on in class so if any 1 knows anything about this things i have to do please help me out. the professor gave us this to do and i am having some trouble with this so plz help me out on what to do here. Part I Write a program that prints the following pattern: * *** ***** ******* ***** *** * Part II To make a profit a local store marks up the prices of its items by 25%...

help with routing
hello, I need some help with routing. It's like this: pc1(192.168.0.11/24)<-->(eth1-192.168.0.1/24)linux(eth0-192.168.1.100/24)<-->pc2(192.168.1.1/24) I would like to connect from pc1 to pc2 without masquerading and souch, so I want pc2 to see ip, not the ip from linux computer, but from pc1. root@skum:/etc# route -n | grep eth[0,1] 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth0 192.168.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth1 is it something like this? ip route add 192.168.1.0/24 via 192.168.0.1 1 ip route add 1...

Switch Help
I have a 1900 running Cisco Catalyst 1900/2820 Enterprise Edition Software Version V8.01.02. I have to make alot of changes to the ports, going from half duplex to full duplex. Is there a command that I can do this with instead of doing it one by one? CLI only!! Many thanks F. -- ---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v3.5 Beta 1 * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ---------------------------------------------- I do not believe so. There is a command in recent version of IOS, which is : interface range ethernet0/0 ...

Routing in a switch
Hi Folks, I have a basic question regarding a l3 switch behaviour. Normally, any ethernet packet that comes into a L3 switch will come to l2 which does a lookup and if there is no entry in the l2 table forwards the packet onto all but the incoming port. Now my question is, when does the switch get to route a packet? Thanks, Arut On Feb 5, 1:03=A0pm, "syuga2...@gmail.com" <syuga2...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi Folks, > > I have a basic question regarding a l3 switch behaviour. > > Normally, any ethernet packet that comes into a L3 switch will come to > l2 whic...

Help on routing
Hi, I have a network with 2 providers, and I want to split the traffic up in two. My problem is that when I tcpdump like this: tcpdump -n -i eth1 net 192.168.44.0/24 I fetch packages that are not suppose to the routed to eth1=( Can anyone please debug my routing script??? #!/bin/sh IF1=eth1 IP1=192.168.43.2 P1=192.168.43.1 P1_NET=192.168.43.0/24 T1=adsl43 IF2=...

routing help
I have Concentrator 2005 on network 10.1.2.0/34. This is VLAN2 off a 6513 switch.There is a router on 10.1.0.0/24 connected to the 6513. That router connects via PTP to a site network of 10.5.1.0/24 (no VLANs The PTP routers can talk fine. My desktop (on yet anotehr VLAN off the 6513) can talk just fine to the router and desktops on the 10.5.1.0/24 network The concentrator can ping the router at 10.5.1.1, but the router at 10.5.1.1 cannot ping the concentrator (10.1.2.3), even though it can ping the concentrators gateway (10.1.2.1) whcih si the 6513. I think this is causing a rout...

anyone help?
Hi, A few weeks ago my computer strarted behaving strangely. I turned it on one morning and it started up as usual, and showed the desktop screen, but then seemed to be completely pre-occupied 'doing something'. I could not get it to open a program, or even move the mouse pointer at all. In fact it was rendered useless. I assume a virus is to blame, or some other type of malicious program. My question is what can I do about it? I have tried re-installing the system disks, but on switch on it isnt reading or responding to the CD drive. Is there some sort of software I can use ...

anyone help
I am trying to find a solution to my problem I am a newbie and stuck at a simple problem hope fully some can help james __________________________________________________________________ James Edmond ICQ#: 340913136 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me __________________________________________________________________ On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 18:52:27 -0000, james wrote: > I am trying to find a solution to my problem I am a newbie and stuck > at a simple problem hope fully some can help Step 1: Ask a question. What kind of help are you hoping to get when you don't say what y...

Anyone help
Im after any sort of hardware and software for amigas, Ataris, Spectrums etc as im setting up a shop aimed at retro gaming Im also after any old arcade machine... I know e-bay is the place to buy but im looking for any other places.. Can anyone help??? > Im after any sort of hardware and software for amigas, Ataris, > Spectrums etc as im setting up a shop aimed at retro gaming > What part of the world do you live in? Hi, > Im after any sort of hardware and software for amigas, Ataris, Spectrums > etc > as im setting up a shop aimed at retro gam...

Routing help...
Need some help here. I have two networks A and B. VPN Server we can call A.1 and VPN client in B network will be B.1. Little more background info, the VPN machines are NOT the gateways in there respective networks. This is what I've managed to get done so far. B.1 create VPN connection to A.1 - DONE, WOOT! B.1 ping A.x computer on A private subnet - DONE, WOOT! B.x ping A.x computer on A private subnet - NOT DONE, HELP! B.1 making the VPN connection is WinXP with registry hack to let it route tcp/ip packets. I've taken B.2 and made it's gateway B.1, so when I tr...

Could anyone help me?
Hi, I know that everyone is probably really busy and dislikes people like me asking for help, but I really need some. I have to analyze some spss output for a research project and I have no idea how to. I'm so unfamiliar with spss. I have put in my data and want to test some hypotheses. Does anyone know how to do this and then how to reject or accept the hypothesis based on the results? Any help would be amazing. Thank you On Apr 23, 10:27 am, "KELLIE1805 <Juma's Mum>" <kelliedray...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, I know that everyone is probably ...

could anyone help me ..?
Hi all, I would like to make a text editor using the C language. Please anyone give me the source code for it. Thanks in advance, nsh nsh4all wrote: > I would like to make a text editor using the C language. > Please anyone give me the source code for it. STFW? ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs http://www.vim.org/ http://www.sourceforge.net/ What does this have to do with standard C anyway? -- Jonathan Leffler #include <disclaimer.h> Email: jleffler@earthlink.net, jleffler@us.ibm.com Guardian of DBD::Informix v2005.02 -- http://db...

Routing Help
I recently ran into a routing issue that has baffled me. Making a long story short, when someone from the 202 NPA (DC) is trying to call someone in 703-871 (VA) -- a Local/IntraLATA call -- the Verizon designers are telling me I need to route that traffic to ARTNVAAR78T. They say that information is in the LERG. Well when I look in the LERG for 703-871, I see that it is owned by Cavalier and is homed to end office switch WASJDCDBDS1. When I cross reference WASJDCDBDS1 into LERG 7 SHA, I do not find an entry for H-TRM LOCAL TDM or H-TRM INTRA-L TDM nor do I find ANY reference to...

Could anyone help with this?
I would be most grateful if someone could suggest what is wrong with this code. It compiles without errors but does not appear to retrieve any data and pace in the grid bound to dataset1. I have this code on a button testvalue := '142'; Self.BdpDataAdapter1.Active := false; Self.BdpDataAdapter1.SelectCommand.CommandText := 'SELECT * FROM netregheader WHERE regno = ?'; Self.BdpDataAdapter1.SelectCommand.Parameters.Add('regno',DbType.&String); Self.BdpDataAdapter1.SelectCommand.Parameters['regno'].value := testvalue.ToString;...

help routing
Scenario: i have one router, and 8 static ip from my isp i want to assign to a windows machine behind the router, all avaiable public ip (knowing that one is for the net, one for the broadcast, one for the remote router and one for the wan interface on my router). The router is a Telindus 9100, but i need help on the logic of the configuration, not the real setup of the router. One of my friends told me that i have to assign another public ip to the LAN interface of the router. Then i can assign the remaining ip (3) to the windows machine. My problem is that the router does...