cables(cross-over cable or not)....

We have two(2) Cisco3620 routers.

One is our gateway router with a FastEthernet
card facing inward.

The other has 2 FastEthernet cards in it, one
facing our internal network, and one facing
the gateway router.  This router is being used
to traffic shape.

How should the 2 FastEthernet cards be
connected?

ie. by a crossover cable, or
    both pluged into a 100-Mb switch?

Note, someone told me that a cross over cable
reduces the speed to 10-Mb single duplex, is this
true?

comp.dcom.sys.cisco 25313 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Captain wrote:

> How should the 2 FastEthernet cards be
> connected?
>
> ie. by a crossover cable, or
>     both pluged into a 100-Mb switch?

I'd use a crossover cable. One less box to fail.

> Note, someone told me that a cross over cable
> reduces the speed to 10-Mb single duplex, is this
> true?

No.

		Regards,

			Marco.