cisco asa 8.4 + cisco vpn client

explain that I did not do so. need to arrange a remote connection, for
those who do not know, much has changed in 8.4.
this configuration of the docks from the site cisco.com

hostname(config)# interface ethernet0
hostname(config-if)# ip address 10.10.4.200 255.255.0.0
hostname(config-if)# nameif outside
hostname(config-if)# no shutdown
hostname(config)# crypto ikev1 policy 1
hostname(config-ikev1-policy)# authentication pre-share
hostname(config-ikev1-policy)# encryption 3des
hostname(config-ikev1-policy)# hash sha
hostname(config-ikev1-policy)# group 2
hostname(config-ikev1-policy)# lifetime 43200
hostname(config)# crypto ikev1 outside
hostname(config)# ip local pool testpool 192.168.0.10-192.168.0.15
hostname(config)# username testuser password 12345678
hostname(config)# crypto ipsec ikev1 transform set FirstSet esp-3des
esp-md5-hmac
hostname(config)# tunnel-group testgroup type remote-access
hostname(config)# tunnel-group testgroup general-attributes
hostname(config-general)# address-pool testpool
hostname(config)# tunnel-group testgroup ipsec-attributes
hostname(config-ipsec)# ikev1 pre-shared-key 44kkaol59636jnfx
hostname(config)# crypto dynamic-map dyn1 1 set ikev1 transform-set
FirstSet
hostname(config)# crypto dynamic-map dyn1 1 set reverse-route
hostname(config)# crypto map mymap 1 ipsec-isakmp dynamic dyn1
hostname(config)# crypto map mymap interface outside
nat (inside,outside) source static any any destination static
192.168.0.0 192.168.0.0 route-lookup
hostname(config)# write memory
n this case a config client connects, is assigned an address from the
pool, but local resources can not see, tell me, what is missing.
0
1vasya1 (2)
1/21/2012 10:42:35 AM
comp.dcom.sys.cisco 25313 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Trouble Installing Linux/Cisco VPN Client Has anyone had trouble compiling the linux cisco vpn client? Here is the output of the install script: # uname -rviosm Linux 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl #1
Has anyone had trouble compiling the linux cisco vpn client? Here is the output of the install script: # uname -rviosm Linux 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl #1 Wed Apr 21 20:19:18 EDT 2004 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux ../vpn_install Cisco Systems VPN Client Version 4.0.3 (B) Linux Installer Copyright (C) 1998-2001 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. By installing this product you agree that you have read the license.txt file (The VPN Client license) and will comply with its terms. Directory where binaries will be installed [/usr/local/bin] Automatically start the VPN service at boot time [yes] In order to build the VPN kernel module, you must have the kernel headers for the version of the kernel you are running. For RedHat 6.x users these files are installed in /usr/src/linux by default For RedHat 7.x users these files are installed in /usr/src/linux-2.4 by default For Suse 7.3 users these files are installed in /usr/src/linux-2.4.10.SuSE by de fault Directory containing linux kernel source code [/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2188.nptl/b uild] * Binaries will be installed in "/usr/local/bin". * Modules will be installed in "/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2188.nptl/CiscoVPN". * The VPN service will be started AUTOMATICALLY at boot time. * Kernel source from "/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2188.nptl/build" will be used to bui ld the module. Is the above correct [y] y Making module In file included from Cniapi.h:15, from linuxcniapi.c:24: GenDefs.h...

Cisco vpn client to Cisco 837 problem
hi, I have trouble to solve this issue and would like to get your help. I try to set up remote access vpn with cisco client software to a cisco 837 vpn server but I can only get the tunnel up but d'ont be able to ping router ethernet interface nor all computer in the LAN site. cisco client 4.0.2b--------Internet--------ADSL_Cisco 837_vpn_server-------LAN_Windows2003_terminal_server Building configuration... Current configuration : 3499 bytes version 12.3 no service pad service timestamps debug datetime msec service timestamps log datetime msec no service password-encryption ho...

Cisco VPN Client 4.6.00.0049 to Cisco router 12.3.8T5, ACL's ?
Hello, I regulary implement Cisco routers for our customers. About a year ago the demand for being able to VPN rose, and after some TAC calls I succeeded in configuring this on a Cisco router. At that time it were mostly 1700 series routers (running IOS 12.2.15Tx) with the Cisco 4.0x VPN Client. That configuration has been implemented at numerous sites since then, and works perfect. But since we started implementing routers with IOS 12.3.8Tx and the Cisco VPN Client 4.6.00.0049 I'm seeing differences in how the routers act in processing the VPN traffic. In my original config I ne...

Trying to access the PDM of a Cisco pix over a Remote Access VPN with Cisco VPN Client
I am trying to configure the cisco pix (501) to allow access to the PDM over a Cisco VPN Client IPSEC tunnel. I found a situation for accessing the PDM ove a site-site tunnel but am not able to configure it for remote access VPN http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/netmgtsw/ps2032/products_configuration_example09186a0080094497.shtml I setup VPN by the wizard and enable split tunnel and excempt complete LAN from nat, so not the outside interface ip. Tried with management-access none, inside and outside I am running Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(5) Cisco PIX Device Manager Version 3.0(4)...

Cisco 837 and Cisco VPN client wierdness.. any ideas?
With my current configuration I can VPN connect from anywhere on the web and authenticate as a local user with an 837 router. Once auth'd the VPN client is allocated an IP from the vpn pool. From a VPN connected laptop I can ping any address on the LAN and any other machine on the LAN can ping the IP the VPN client has been allocated. However I can't access all resources via all protocols on all machines. This part is inconsistent and has me baffled. e.g. from a VPN client I can mount SMB shares on 192.168.16.250 but I can't see the webserver (:80) on the same IP). From a LAN connected laptop I can see the webserver running on the VPN client (192.168.17.x:80). However the VPN client can't see a webserver on the same LAN connected laptop (192.168.16.10:80). This is my first ever contact with Cisco gear and while i'm quite chuffed with getting as far as I have on setting this box up.. i'm now way out of my depth on working out what the problem is. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Client s/w is v4.6 (0045) on Mac OS 10.3.9 sh version reports: IOS (tm) C837 Software (C837-K9O3Y6-M), Version 12.2(13)ZH4 Router config (security edited) is cut/pasted below: ! version 12.2 no service pad service timestamps debug datetime msec service timestamps log datetime msec service password-encryption ! hostname xxxx ! logging queue-limit 100 no logging buffered enable secret 5 xxxx ! username xxxx password 7 xxxx username xxxx password 7 xxx...

Cisco vpn client 4.8 and zywall 1 problems
Hi My work pc just got upgraded to cisco vpn klient 4.8 (from 4.2). And now the Windows xp stuff does not work. HTTP protocol goes fine though. I get logged on to the network, but it does not run my login script. It takes aprox 30 min to get from boot/login to the desktop beein available. And when you try to access any applications - it takes forever before it tells me that it does not work. It seems to me that everything maybe just takes forever and then times out???? My router is a Zyxel Zywall 1. It worked fine with VPN 4.2 I cant go back to old VPN client (work says no cause of se...

Cisco 1750 Router Cisco QoS Device Manager Cisco VPN Device Manager
Hello can my tell who can find the installfiles for 1750 Router Qos Device Manager and Cisco VPN Device Manager!!! thanks R. Kuhn ...

asa 5505 + l2l vpn + cisco client vpn
Hi, I'm trying to replace PIX 506[working ok] with asa 5505. But just after swaping them some of the vpn links doesn't work. I can't ping sites. Cisco vpn client access doesn't work too. I was following few cisco manuals but I can't figure out what is missing in my config. Could you pls have a look at my config maybe sth obvious - I hope so. Many thanks. : Saved : Written by enable_15 at 01:48:02.989 UTC Tue Jan 13 2009 ! ASA Version 8.0(4) ! hostname pb domain-name zzzzzzz enable password zzzzzzzzzzzzzz encrypted passwd zzzzzzzzzzzz encrypted names ! interface Vlan1 nameif inside security-level 100 ip address 192.168.1.254 255.255.255.0 ! interface Vlan2 nameif outside security-level 0 ip address zzzzzzzzzzzzz 255.255.255.240 ! interface Ethernet0/0 switchport access vlan 2 ! interface Ethernet0/1 ! interface Ethernet0/2 ! interface Ethernet0/3 ! interface Ethernet0/4 ! interface Ethernet0/5 ! interface Ethernet0/6 ! interface Ethernet0/7 ! ftp mode passive dns server-group DefaultDNS domain-name zzzzzz access-list inside_nat0_outbound extended permit ip 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.5.0 255.255.255.0 access-list inside_nat0_outbound extended permit ip 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.2.0 255.255.255.0 access-list inside_nat0_outbound extended permit ip 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.9.0 255.255.255.0 access-list inside_nat0_outbound extended permit ip 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.12.0 255.255.255.0 access-list inside_nat0_outbound ...

MAC OS X using Cisco VPN Client through CISCO PIX 501
Hi, I have a bit of an issue driving me completely nuts here... I have a small home network using a Catalyst 1900 switch, PIX 501 and Window and Mac OS X laptops. All computers have the latest update in regards to OS's and Cisco VPN Client, and my PIX config allows any any connection to inside interface (access-list inside_out permit ip any any) Now, I can connect to my office's PIX using the windows laptop just fine, but when I try it with the MAC OS X, I do connect but no traffic passes through, and on top of it internet access o the mac dies instantly (there is a split tunnel a...

Cisco VPN client 4
Hi there, Can I be on my home ISP network doing internet browsing while launching Cisco VPN client to connect to my company network? Are these 2 activities compatible, is there any documentation? Thanks, Calin Hi Calin, You may wish to investigate Cisco VPN Client Documentation: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2308/tsd_products_support_series_home.html Sincerely, Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Technical Forums http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-technical-newsgroups.htm 1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-268...

Cisco VPN Client 4.0.3, 4.6 Fails MacOSX Panther 10.3.4.
Apple Mac PB G4 1.25GHz 512 RAM 80GB Toshiba IDE HDD Panasonic UJ-816 DVD-RW Mac OS X 10.3.4 My VPN is broken after installing Cisco VPN Client v4.6 release 45. Is there a way to re-install the Panther VPN stack? Was running Cisco VPN Client v4.0.1. Upgraded to 4.0.3. Still no problems. Installed v4.6 release 45. Now I get 'deviceIOcontrol failed' from the connection log. Uninstalled 4.6 and went back to v4.0.3. Now I get 'Warning 201: The necessary VPN sub-system is not available' I have tried - sudo /usr/bin/local/vpn_uninstall - OnyX to clean all caches VPN...

Solved: Cisco VPN Client 4.0.3, 4.6 Fails MacOSX Panther 10.3.4.
Solution found. Please see first in thread for hardware/OS info. 1) Uninstall Cisco VPN Client - Macintosh HD-->Applications-->Utilities-->Terminal - execute 'sudo /usr/local/bin/vpn_uninstall' 2) Download and install MacOSXUpdateCombo10.3.6.dmg (latest update available) 3) Reboot. 4) Install Cisco VPN Client 4.6 release 45. 5) Reboot. 6) Start up VPN client, import .pcf files,certificates, set configurations/passwords manually, etc. geishaslave I have Cisco VPN Client 4.0 running here and it is doing fine. Since the installation was quite a hassle- beca...

Remote access fun with Cisco 837 and locally auth'd Cisco VPN client
Hi Folks, Through a fair amount of googling, usenet trawling and blind hacking i've managed to get a Cisco 837 connected to the net. I'm now able to browse the net 100% and the router has several port forwards setup to expose a webserver along with RDP and Windows VPN services from a Win2k3 server. Now.. while all of those work, just having windows VPN and RDP ports exposed to the world at large isn't that secure. I'd prefer to use the 837's VPN capabilities to access internal LAN resources securely from anywhere on the net when i'm in the office or away travel...

Easy VPN Server and Cisco VPN Client 4.0.3
Hi: I am using an 827 configured as an Easy VPN Server (running 12.3). I am successfully able to establish a VPN client running on my laptop. I am also using split tunneling and while the tunnel is up, I am able to browse the internet and talk with my local LAN without any problems. The problem is that I cannot ping any client on the inside (192.168.1.x) when the VPN connection is established. The client gets an ip from the pool i have configured on 827 (192.168.1.240-247). On the 827, the reverse-route injection is also enabled. Once the tunnel is up, I can see the /32 route to the client...

Error connecting using CISCO VPN Client 4.0.4(D)
Hi, When i try to connect using the VPN Client 4.0.4(D) the following error message shows up. Any ideas??? Cisco Systems VPN Client Version 4.0.4 (D) Copyright (C) 1998-2003 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Client Type(s): Windows, WinNT Running on: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 1 16:13:22.644 07/08/05 Sev=Warning/2 CVPND/0xE3400003 Function RegOpenKey failed with an error code of 0x00000002(WindowsVirtualAdapter:557) 2 16:13:22.644 07/08/05 Sev=Warning/3 CVPND/0xE340000C The Client was unable to enable the Virtual Adapter because it could not open the device. 3 16:13...

Cisco VPN Client vs MS VPN Client
I have to install vpn clients on 6 laptops. They will connect to PIX 515. What is the difference, whether I use Cisco or MS vpn clients ? regards Jarek Carnowski ...

Cisco VPN client 4.x
Hi, I am using a cisco 501 with 3DES 10 user. I know you can set a 3DES VPN connection between 2 site, but can you use 3DES with the client VPN sofware? I am using the Cisco VPN client 4.x. Is IPSEC the best way to go? We are a small office and would like to gain access to the intranet securely, thanks for your help. Brian; The 4.x client does support 3des to a pix. There are plenty of examples on the Cisco site. This link should point you in the right direction. I would use IPSEC, I have a lot of clients using the 3.6 and 4.01 client with ipsec and no noticeable performance issues. Go...

Cisco VPN client 4.03A
I often get error when trying to get VPN connexion trought any Internet high speed connexion. The error 413, 412. For some other error message code like 201, 433, I sometimes delete profile into the connexion or stop de service Cisco VPN and restart it and most of the time it resolve the issue. But for the 413 or 412 error code I don't found any documentation about troubleshooting it? Does someone have an idea of how I could resolve this issue? ...

Cisco 831 VPN to Cisco 3030 Security
I'm planning on deploying Cisco 831 VPN routers and having them connect to the Corp office over a DSL connection to a Cisco 3030. I'm curious how others handled security to keep unwanted users out. This of course assumes you have split tunneling off and there is a branch office type setup. I'm trying to figure out how to have some sort of login/password challenge to keep one of our remote users family members from plugging in a laptop or similar system and connecting to our network. The DHCP will only serve up one usable IP address from the 831 but you never know. Any help is m...

Cisco VPN client OK
Hi, I have my PIX set up allowing VPN clients in. A Cisco VPN client (v4.0.3D) can get in OK but a Checkpoint client (R56 Build 311) can't. The Checkpoint client never appears to hit the outside interface of the PIX as no debug info appears when he tries to connect. I hardly need to deinstall my Cisco client sw beofre firing up the Checkpoint - do I? TIA, Ned ...

CISCO VPN client blocks DCOM communication
Hi I installed the CISCO VPN client on my windows 2000 professional edition. After that, the applcation using DCOM communications is not working any more. I uninstalled the VPN but afterwards, the DCOM application is still not working. Just wonder if you can provide any advise on how to fix that problem. Thanks a lot ...

AOL 8.0 and Cisco VPN Client
Hi, I have the same problem as descibed below. The only difference is that I'm using AOL 8.0 (DSL). Does someboday made the same experience? I'm using Cisco VPN CLient 4.0.1 with a Cisco PIX 501 - ISDN works fine... -------------------------------------www.cisco.com------------------------------------------ AOL 7 Disconnects after VPN Authentication When making a dialup connection with AOL 7.0 Revision 4114.537 (for Windows 95, 98, ME, Windows 2000 and XP), then attempting to connect with the VPN Client, AOL might disconnect while the user is being authenticated. This is an AOL iss...

Cisco VPN Client 4.0.5
When I try to connect to the office using the firewall address 209.178.198.242, I get the error message "Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the Client. Reason 403: Unable to contact the security gateway." I started having this problem since I changed the IP address of the firewall. Please drop me a word on how to fix this. Thanks Martin Heusinger, Cisco CCIE No. 5980, offers: Email: martin.heusinger *at* globalknowledge.de "This usally means that there are no packets received from the IPSec gateway. Might be a routing issue or a firewall/NAT issue. Can you pin...

Cisco VPN client 4.04 under WinXP
Hi, I have got a big problem with the above mentioned software. I tried to install it with the MSN Installer, but during installation my machine crashed. Afterwards, since nothing worked I tried to deinstall it which was not possible and ended with an error "Remove plugin failed." This error caused a rollback of the uninstall process so far making it impossible to uninstall the software cleanly. Reinstalling is not possible either and ends with a similar message (some error with some plugin - not named precisly). The biggest problem: My whole networking is not working...

Web resources about - cisco asa 8.4 + cisco vpn client - comp.dcom.sys.cisco

Fat client - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
the name is contrasted to thin client , which describes a computer heavily dependent on a server's applications. A fat client still requires ...

Facebook Forms EMEA Client Council
Facebook announced the formation of its EMEA Client Council in a post in Spanish on the Facebook for Business page by vice president for Europe, ...

Facebook India Client Council - Facebook for Business
The India Client Council provides a forum for leading marketers to discuss the future of business and marketing in India.

Gallop Labs hires former Facebook Client Partner as Director of Sales
Gallop Labs , a social marketing and analytics firm, announced that it has hired former Facebook Client Partner Andrew Peebles as the company’s ...

CommInsure feels the heat from super fund clients
CommInsure risks losing contracts worth hundreds of millions of dollars after claims of unethical practices.

Morgan Stanley: Ami Forte accused of sleeping with client, milking account for fees
A TOP Morgan Stanley financial adviser accused of churning the account of a married client — while carrying on a 12-year affair with the man ...

CommInsure feels the heat from super fund clients
CommInsure risks losing contracts worth hundreds of millions of dollars after claims of unethical practices.

Lloyd Rayney returns with win as client's drug case collapses
Perth barrister Lloyd Rayney has chalked up a win in his first case since returning to the legal profession, with his client acquitted on drug ...

Will Jones Day Drop Donald Trump As A Client?
Probably not but many lawyers at the firm wouldn't mind saying "you're fired" to the controversial candidate.

Macquarie Bank licence curbed by ASIC after client accounts breach
Macquarie will have restrictions on its banking licence after ASIC said it broke rules on withdrawals from client trust accounts.