Cisco Pix 520(?) break character / sequence

Ok here's the problem.  I'm running Pix version 6.3.5, and am trying to
upgrade to 7.0.4.  When I copy from tftp to flash, it gives me an error
about not having enough space in flash.  Fine.  Looked up the error on
Google, Cisco says I have to get to monitor mode by hitting a break
sequence before it boots.  I should be seeing something like this on a
reboot:

Rebooting....
Cisco Secure PIX Firewall BIOS (4.0) #0:Thu Mar 2 22:59:20 PST 2000
Platform PIX-515
Flash=i28F640J5 @ 0x300
Use BREAK or ESC to interrupt flash boot.
Use SPACE to begin flash boot immediately.

But it never asks me to hit a key like it does above, as described at
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_70/pix_upgd/pixupgrd.htm#wp1790859.
 So, I tried every key combination I can think of, and a few console
programs, and I can't seem to get the correct break sequence on this
PIX.  All I'm trying to do is upgrade to 7.0!  Any ideas??  Thank you
all!

Blaze King
blazek@lake-coe.k12.ca.us

0
blazeking (2)
10/17/2005 6:04:30 PM
comp.dcom.sys.cisco 25310 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

<blazeking@gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse

> But it never asks me to hit a key like it does above, as described at
> http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_70/pix_upgd/pixupgrd.htm#wp1790859.
> So, I tried every key combination I can think of, and a few console

A good idea is to read the entire document before starting. From the
document you are linking to:
"The security appliance Version 7.0 runs on PIX 515/515E, PIX 525, and PIX
535, but is not supported on the PIX 501 or PIX 506/506E platforms at this
time. "

--
Best regards
Martin Kiefer

0
Martin
10/17/2005 6:19:09 PM
Yeah, I saw that, but (I thought) that was because of memory
constraints.  The minimum amount of flash memory is met with my PIX,
and it even has the workaround for the flash size problem...   But to
complete that workaround I have to enter the break sequence, which just
wasn't working.  I tried with my laptop, with the built-in keyboard.
I'll try a different computer with a standard keyboard, maybe the key
mapping was a problem.

Blaze King
blazek@lake-coe.k12.ca.us

0
blazeking
10/17/2005 6:33:44 PM
7.0 isn't supported on the 520.

0
Mark
10/17/2005 6:59:26 PM
Are you sure about that?  I thought 7.0 and newer worked just fine on
the 520.  I'm trying to contact Cisco right now to confirm that, but I
am hoping that you're wrong!  Cause if you're right that means a big
new purchase.  I'll post the answer back when I get one.  Thank you so
far everyone!

0
blazeking
10/17/2005 9:56:52 PM
In article <1129586212.883861.8280@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
 <blazeking@gmail.com> wrote:
:Are you sure about that?  I thought 7.0 and newer worked just fine on
:the 520.

No, the 520 is EOS, and will never be supported in 7.0.
--
  If you lie to the compiler, it will get its revenge. -- Eric Sosman
0