Cisco X2-10GB-CX4

According to the Cisco 10-Gigabit Ethernet Transceiver Modules Compatibility Matrix the only 10GE module with copper interface that will plug into a 3750E is the X2-10GB-CX4.  This has an InfiniBand 4X connector and is designed to use CX4 cable.

I'm trying to find a 10GE NIC that is compatible with this module.  Has anyone here successfully connected something to this module?

Do I need a 10 GE NIC or a Host Channel Adapter such as this?  http://www.memory4less.com/m4l_itemdetail.aspx?itemid=1438221695

Is the Infiniband 4x connector also known as CX4/SFF-8470?

Any help you can provide will be most appreciated.
Bob Simon
New Orleans

0
Bob
7/14/2016 8:51:32 PM
comp.dcom.sys.cisco 25313 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 3:51:36 PM UTC-5, Bob Simon wrote:
> According to the Cisco 10-Gigabit Ethernet Transceiver Modules Compatibility Matrix the only 10GE module with copper interface that will plug into a 3750E is the X2-10GB-CX4.  This has an InfiniBand 4X connector and is designed to use CX4 cable.
>
> I'm trying to find a 10GE NIC that is compatible with this module.  Has anyone here successfully connected something to this module?
>
> Do I need a 10 GE NIC or a Host Channel Adapter such as this?  http://www.memory4less.com/m4l_itemdetail.aspx?itemid=1438221695
>
> Is the Infiniband 4x connector also known as CX4/SFF-8470?
>
> Any help you can provide will be most appreciated.
> Bob Simon
> New Orleans

I think I found another solution.  I believe I can plug a CVR-X2-SFP10G converter into the X2 slot and then use a SFP-H10GB-CU1M cable to connect to an SFP+ 10GE NIC in the server.

Can anyone confirm that this will work?
Bob
0
Bob
7/15/2016 10:47:19 PM
On Friday, July 15, 2016 at 5:47:30 PM UTC-5, Bob Simon wrote:
> On Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 3:51:36 PM UTC-5, Bob Simon wrote:
> > According to the Cisco 10-Gigabit Ethernet Transceiver Modules Compatibility Matrix the only 10GE module with copper interface that will plug into a 3750E is the X2-10GB-CX4.  This has an InfiniBand 4X connector and is designed to use CX4 cable.
> >
> > I'm trying to find a 10GE NIC that is compatible with this module.  Has anyone here successfully connected something to this module?
> >
> > Do I need a 10 GE NIC or a Host Channel Adapter such as this?  http://www.memory4less.com/m4l_itemdetail.aspx?itemid=1438221695
> >
> > Is the Infiniband 4x connector also known as CX4/SFF-8470?
> >
> > Any help you can provide will be most appreciated.
> > Bob Simon
> > New Orleans
>
> I think I found another solution.  I believe I can plug a CVR-X2-SFP10G converter into the X2 slot and then use a SFP-H10GB-CU1M cable to connect to an SFP+ 10GE NIC in the server.
>
> Can anyone confirm that this will work?
> Bob

I've moved over to the Cisco support community so no need to respond because I won't see it.
Bob
0
Bob