Connect routers back to back with WIC-1DSU-T1

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Is it possible to connect two 2611 routers back to back using the
WIC-1DSU-T1 cards? I want to be able to use SER0/0 in my test
configs.

Thanks

Gordon Montgomery
Living Scriptures, Inc
gordon@lsi.com  (anti spam - replace lsi with livingscriptures)
(801) 627-2000
0
Reply gordon (12) 4/16/2005 1:37:10 AM

See related articles to this posting

Gordon Montgomery wrote:
> Is it possible to connect two 2611 routers back to back using the
> WIC-1DSU-T1 cards? I want to be able to use SER0/0 in my test
> configs.
>
> Thanks
>
> Gordon Montgomery
> Living Scriptures, Inc
> gordon@lsi.com  (anti spam - replace lsi with livingscriptures)
> (801) 627-2000

Yes, I need to look for the config but basically, you need to crimp a
cable with one side pins 1-8 and the other side swapping pins 1 & 2 with
pins 4 & 5.
Once you have it plugged in to the 2 routers, you need to set the clock
source to internal on 1 side and set it to remote on the other.

Like I said, I need to look for my configs to find the correct syntax
but its fairly easy except for the cable crimping (if you've never done
it before).
0
Reply nmajsa 4/16/2005 2:07:59 AM

To reply to myself:
  service-module t1 clock source internal
and
  service-module t1 clock source line

Everything else is set up the same
ie:
service-module t1 timeslots 1-24

nmajsa wrote:
> Gordon Montgomery wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to connect two 2611 routers back to back using the
>> WIC-1DSU-T1 cards? I want to be able to use SER0/0 in my test
>> configs.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Gordon Montgomery
>> Living Scriptures, Inc
>> gordon@lsi.com  (anti spam - replace lsi with livingscriptures)
>> (801) 627-2000
>

> Yes, I need to look for the config but basically, you need to crimp a
> cable with one side pins 1-8 and the other side swapping pins 1 & 2 with
> pins 4 & 5.
> Once you have it plugged in to the 2 routers, you need to set the clock
> source to internal on 1 side and set it to remote on the other.
>
> Like I said, I need to look for my configs to find the correct syntax
> but its fairly easy except for the cable crimping (if you've never done
> it before).

0
Reply nmajsa 4/16/2005 2:14:34 AM

In article <ey_7e.4602$dT4.2861@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, nmajsa <majsa@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>To reply to myself:
>  service-module t1 clock source internal
>and
>  service-module t1 clock source line
>
>Everything else is set up the same
>ie:
>service-module t1 timeslots 1-24

Thank you very much. I can make the cable too. Thanks again.

Gordon Montgomery
Living Scriptures, Inc
gordon@lsi.com  (anti spam - replace lsi with livingscriptures)
(801) 627-2000
0
Reply gordon 4/16/2005 2:31:35 AM

Hi Gordon,

You may wish to investigate the Black Box ( BB ) Custom Cable Wizard:

http://www.bradreese.com/index.htm#WIZARDS

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Worldwide
Toll Free: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272
Website:   http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-big-iron-repair.htm

0
Reply BradReeseCom 4/16/2005 2:33:22 AM
comp.dcom.sys.cisco 25144 articles. 24 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Connecting 2 Cisco Routers (back to back)
Hi everyone, This is probably a real novice question but I'm trying to connect two routers (2600's) back to back. Unfortunately I can't get them to see each other. I've set them up each serial interface with an ip address of: 10.50.0.1 10.50.0.2 I've enabled the serial ports, set encapsulation to FRAME RELAY, lmi type: CISCO. The problem is that when I run: SHOW INT S0/0 I keep getting SERIAL UP, LINE PROTOCOL DOWN I've notice when I do a SHOW FRAME-RELAY LMI it shows enquiries being sent but not received. Can anyone help me with this, i'm starting to get ...

Connecting (2) WIC-1DSU-T1 WIC T1
If I add a WIC-1DSU-T1 WIC T1 to a 2650 router and another to a 3620 router can I pin a cable to make a dte/dce connection to simulate a wan? "swpa" <swp@nxspam.flame999.com> writes: >If I add a WIC-1DSU-T1 WIC T1 to a 2650 router and another to a 3620 router >can I pin a cable to make a dte/dce connection to simulate a wan? Yes. Google on 'Cross-over T1 cable'. There'll be a ton of hits. You are beyond having a DTE or DCE once you have it encoded up to T1, but having a point-to-point T1 that is 6" long works exactly just the same as having a real...

dual router back to back serial connection (2501 <-> 2620)
Thanks in advance. Is it possible to run a back to back serial connection between a 2501 and 2620? If so, what cabling would I require? If not, is there an alternative configuration for the topology below, or should I pickup another 2620? Purpose: simulate a WAN connection between the two routers. Reason: one router would be dhcp client for cable modem, WAN serial to second router WAN serial, which acts as gateway for LAN. zelator418@gmail.com writes: >Is it possible to run a back to back serial connection between a 2501 >and 2620? >If so, what cabling would I require? >If...

Setting up back-up for Internet Connection through T1 line.
Hello all. I want to find out if it is feasible and possble to set up a backup connection to the Internet going through the T1 line between two offices and through the other ISP connection. This is my Network diagram : ISP1 --------Office 1 || || || || ISP2---------Office 2 ---- : Fast Ethernet connection to ISP || : Frame Relay T1 I want to set it up so that if Office 1 loses Internet Connectivity the traffic can go through the T1 to the Office 2 and then out to the Internet. I have Cisco 1721 and 3620 routers connecting the two offices. And Cisco PIX-515e's g...

New series routers wic-1dsu-t1 WARNING
The new ISR (1800, 2800, and 3800) routers will not work with the old wic-1dsu-t1. You must use the new wic-1dsu-t1-v2. -- ------------------------- Paul Stewart Lexnet Inc. Email address is in ROT13 I just put one in a 2801 and it detected it properly. I suppose you could be saying it detects it but it does not function properly. I ask because if it will not work then I need to purchase a proper card ASAP. MCScrapE wrote: > I just put one in a 2801 and it detected it properly. I suppose you > could be saying it detects it but it does not function properly. I a...

Cisco 2811 router
Or do you have to have the WIC-1DSU-T1-V2? Our current router uses the non-V2 version and we want to know if we can bring those over or if we need to order all new WICs. Thanks, Mick Mick.Bergman@gmail.com wrote: > Or do you have to have the WIC-1DSU-T1-V2? Our current router uses the > non-V2 version and we want to know if we can bring those over or if we > need to order all new WICs. > > Thanks, > Mick > Hi Mick, I just bought a 2821 and replaced a 2600 and was in the same position, the answer is no it will not take anything but a V2 WIC. It is a shame because it...

back to back routers
I am having a problem creating a mock frame relay connection between two routers. Here is what i am trying to do: 10.1.1.0/24 | | Ethernet To Hub | 10.1.1.1 E0 RouterA S0 192.168.1.1 | | V.35 Serial Cable | S0 192.168.1.2 RouterB E0 192.168.102.2 | | Ethernet to Hub | 192.168.102.0/24 Here are my configs: Router A frame-relay switching interface Serial0 ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0 encapsulation frame-relay frame-relay map ip 192.168.1.2 101 broadcast clock rate 64000 frame-relay intf-type dce no shutdown Router B...

WIC-1DSU-T1 and WIC-1DSU-T1-V2
What is the difference between the two modules WIC-1DSU-T1 and WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 ? I need to connect two T1 lines for double bandwith and backup if one T1 fails. Do I have to get the V2 or any of them will do what I need ? Thanks, DT The WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 is an updated version of the WIC-1DSU-T1 interface card (which has reached End-of-Life [EoL]/End-of-Sale [EoS]), that offers additional supported features with the same performance: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps3129/products_tech_note09186a0080093d70.shtml Sincerely, Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Resource Center Toll Fr...

SHDSL routers back-to-back
I'm trying to connect two SHDSL routers, a Cisco 828 (IOS 12.3(6e)) and a ZyXEL Prestige 791R. I have very limited experience with ATM, and would appreciate any insight. The physical interfaces go up on both sides, but I can't seem to get any IP traffic through the VC. This is what I've done on the Cisco side: interface ATM0 no shutdown ip address 192.168.252.2 255.255.255.252 no atm ilmi-keepalive dsl equipment-type CPE dsl operating-mode GSHDSL symmetric annex B dsl linerate AUTO pvc 8/35 encapsulation aal5mux ip protocol ip 192.168.252.1 ! ! The Pres...