Connect routers back to back with WIC-1DSU-T1

Is it possible to connect two 2611 routers back to back using the
WIC-1DSU-T1 cards? I want to be able to use SER0/0 in my test
configs.

Thanks

Gordon Montgomery
Living Scriptures, Inc
gordon@lsi.com  (anti spam - replace lsi with livingscriptures)
(801) 627-2000
0
gordon (12)
4/16/2005 1:37:10 AM
comp.dcom.sys.cisco 25310 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Gordon Montgomery wrote:
> Is it possible to connect two 2611 routers back to back using the
> WIC-1DSU-T1 cards? I want to be able to use SER0/0 in my test
> configs.
>
> Thanks
>
> Gordon Montgomery
> Living Scriptures, Inc
> gordon@lsi.com  (anti spam - replace lsi with livingscriptures)
> (801) 627-2000

Yes, I need to look for the config but basically, you need to crimp a
cable with one side pins 1-8 and the other side swapping pins 1 & 2 with
pins 4 & 5.
Once you have it plugged in to the 2 routers, you need to set the clock
source to internal on 1 side and set it to remote on the other.

Like I said, I need to look for my configs to find the correct syntax
but its fairly easy except for the cable crimping (if you've never done
it before).
0
nmajsa
4/16/2005 2:07:59 AM
To reply to myself:
  service-module t1 clock source internal
and
  service-module t1 clock source line

Everything else is set up the same
ie:
service-module t1 timeslots 1-24

nmajsa wrote:
> Gordon Montgomery wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to connect two 2611 routers back to back using the
>> WIC-1DSU-T1 cards? I want to be able to use SER0/0 in my test
>> configs.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Gordon Montgomery
>> Living Scriptures, Inc
>> gordon@lsi.com  (anti spam - replace lsi with livingscriptures)
>> (801) 627-2000
>

> Yes, I need to look for the config but basically, you need to crimp a
> cable with one side pins 1-8 and the other side swapping pins 1 & 2 with
> pins 4 & 5.
> Once you have it plugged in to the 2 routers, you need to set the clock
> source to internal on 1 side and set it to remote on the other.
>
> Like I said, I need to look for my configs to find the correct syntax
> but its fairly easy except for the cable crimping (if you've never done
> it before).

0
nmajsa
4/16/2005 2:14:34 AM
In article <ey_7e.4602$dT4.2861@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, nmajsa <majsa@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>To reply to myself:
>  service-module t1 clock source internal
>and
>  service-module t1 clock source line
>
>Everything else is set up the same
>ie:
>service-module t1 timeslots 1-24

Thank you very much. I can make the cable too. Thanks again.

Gordon Montgomery
Living Scriptures, Inc
gordon@lsi.com  (anti spam - replace lsi with livingscriptures)
(801) 627-2000
0
gordon
4/16/2005 2:31:35 AM
Hi Gordon,

You may wish to investigate the Black Box ( BB ) Custom Cable Wizard:

http://www.bradreese.com/index.htm#WIZARDS

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Worldwide