CRWS Don't work

I just got a Cisco 837, I'm happy with the CLI but would like to take a look
at the CRWS just to see what it has to offer.
The 837 Assigns my PC an address OK, and I can ping and telnet fine, but the
CRWS just does not want to know. I see from other postings it's a bit flaky,
but surly it should work straight out the box with a vanilla config.

Any idea's on this?

Regards
Michael

0
Michael
5/19/2004 9:41:48 AM
comp.dcom.sys.cisco 25310 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Earlier versions of IOS are compatible with the CRWS, after upgrading my IOS
I noticed a loss of CRWS, to be honest I disable it as its useless, your not
missing much, only the basic setup function for the WAN Side.

If you wanna look at it make sure you got

ip http server

Ta

AJ

"Michael" <michael.groves@-I hate spam-valuelink.co.uk> wrote in message
> I just got a Cisco 837, I'm happy with the CLI but would like to take a
look
> at the CRWS just to see what it has to offer.
> The 837 Assigns my PC an address OK, and I can ping and telnet fine, but
the
> CRWS just does not want to know. I see from other postings it's a bit
flaky,
> but surly it should work straight out the box with a vanilla config.
>
> Any idea's on this?
>
> Regards
> Michael

0
Fatman
5/19/2004 10:02:05 AM
I'm running ip http server

Interesting thought on the IOS, I was running 12.3(2) and upgraded to
12.3(7)
However, it did not work on either version.

Has anyone been able to get it to work on either of these IOS ?

Regards
Michael

"Fatman Superstar" <fatman.superstar@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Earlier versions of IOS are compatible with the CRWS, after upgrading my
IOS
> I noticed a loss of CRWS, to be honest I disable it as its useless, your
not
> missing much, only the basic setup function for the WAN Side.
>
> If you wanna look at it make sure you got
>
> ip http server
>
> Ta
>
> AJ
>
> "Michael" <michael.groves@-I hate spam-valuelink.co.uk> wrote in message
> > I just got a Cisco 837, I'm happy with the CLI but would like to take a
> look
> > at the CRWS just to see what it has to offer.
> > The 837 Assigns my PC an address OK, and I can ping and telnet fine, but
> the
> > CRWS just does not want to know. I see from other postings it's a bit
> flaky,
> > but surly it should work straight out the box with a vanilla config.
> >
> > Any idea's on this?
> >
> > Regards
> > Michael

0
Michael
5/19/2004 10:41:25 AM
Hi

Cisco Security Device Manager is what you need. Its the latest device
manager for c830 routers available free of cost.

www.cisco.com/go/sdm

Regards,
Ravikumar

Michael wrote:
> I'm running ip http server
>
> Interesting thought on the IOS, I was running 12.3(2) and upgraded to
> 12.3(7)
> However, it did not work on either version.
>
> Has anyone been able to get it to work on either of these IOS ?
>
> Regards
> Michael
>

> "Fatman Superstar" <fatman.superstar@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>Earlier versions of IOS are compatible with the CRWS, after upgrading my
>
> IOS
>
>>I noticed a loss of CRWS, to be honest I disable it as its useless, your
>
> not
>
>>missing much, only the basic setup function for the WAN Side.
>>
>>If you wanna look at it make sure you got
>>
>>ip http server
>>
>>Ta
>>
>>AJ
>>
>>"Michael" <michael.groves@-I hate spam-valuelink.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>>>I just got a Cisco 837, I'm happy with the CLI but would like to take a
>>
>>look
>>
>>>at the CRWS just to see what it has to offer.
>>>The 837 Assigns my PC an address OK, and I can ping and telnet fine, but
>>
>>the
>>
>>>CRWS just does not want to know. I see from other postings it's a bit
>>
>>flaky,
>>
>>>but surly it should work straight out the box with a vanilla config.
>>>
>>>Any idea's on this?
>>>
>>>Regards
>>>Michael

0
Ravikumar
5/19/2004 12:12:35 PM
This might be of some use:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5318/prod_installation_guide09186a008017dcc8.html

Regards

"Michael" <michael.groves@-I hate spam-valuelink.co.uk> wrote in message news:<40ab2bdd$0$25319$ed9e5944@reading.news.pipex.net>...
> I just got a Cisco 837, I'm happy with the CLI but would like to take a look
> at the CRWS just to see what it has to offer.
> The 837 Assigns my PC an address OK, and I can ping and telnet fine, but the
> CRWS just does not want to know. I see from other postings it's a bit flaky,
> but surly it should work straight out the box with a vanilla config.
>
> Any idea's on this?
>
> Regards
> Michael
0
jspecoli
5/19/2004 3:36:54 PM
I downloaded SDM, but this did not work also.

I finally worked out that Windows XP service pack 1a had the JVM taken out
for legal reasons.
I downloaded the latest version from www.java.com and now everything works
fine.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Michael

"Jeff Specoli" <jspecoli@msn.com> wrote in message
> This might be of some use:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5318/prod_installation_guide09186a008017dcc8.html

> Regards
>
> "Michael" <michael.groves@-I hate spam-valuelink.co.uk> wrote in message
> > I just got a Cisco 837, I'm happy with the CLI but would like to take a
look
> > at the CRWS just to see what it has to offer.
> > The 837 Assigns my PC an address OK, and I can ping and telnet fine, but
the
> > CRWS just does not want to know. I see from other postings it's a bit
flaky,
> > but surly it should work straight out the box with a vanilla config.
> >
> > Any idea's on this?
> >
> > Regards
> > Michael

0