How to move a port from one vlan to another?

I have a Cisco 2900 XL router that has 2 VLAN's. I ran "show vlan
brief" and it has listed ports . I used set vlan [vlan#] [port#] but it
didn't work. The router think vlan keyword is a problem. Can anyone
tell me what is the correct way to move ports from one vlan to another?

Thanks for your help

comp.dcom.sys.cisco 25296 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

soup_or_power@yahoo.com writes:
>I have a Cisco 2900 XL router that has 2 VLAN's. I ran "show vlan
>brief" and it has listed ports . I used set vlan [vlan#] [port#] but it
>didn't work. The router think vlan keyword is a problem. Can anyone
>tell me what is the correct way to move ports from one vlan to another?

The 2900XL is a switch, not a router. It can't do anything on layer-3.

set vlan port# is a CatOS command. The 2924xl is an IOS device, you
need to use IOS commands.

int Faste 0/1
 switchport access vlan 2

0
Doug
6/23/2006 4:56:35 AM
Doug McIntyre wrote:
> soup_or_power@yahoo.com writes:
> >I have a Cisco 2900 XL router that has 2 VLAN's. I ran "show vlan
> >brief" and it has listed ports . I used set vlan [vlan#] [port#] but it
> >didn't work. The router think vlan keyword is a problem. Can anyone
> >tell me what is the correct way to move ports from one vlan to another?
>
> The 2900XL is a switch, not a router. It can't do anything on layer-3.
>
> set vlan port# is a CatOS command. The 2924xl is an IOS device, you
> need to use IOS commands.
>
> int Faste 0/1
>  switchport access vlan 2

Many thanks for your help

This is how I did it

Switch>enable
Switch#configure terminal
Switch(config)#interface Fa0/10
Switch(config-if)#switchport access vlan 3

Thanks again.

0
soup_or_power

wish list Boinc client in port or pkg
I admit I am not a coder. At one time you could download the pkg and install the Seti@home and run it. Now you have to compile and a lot of other stuff just to get the client to run and I have yet to figure it out. It woud be great for people like me to have a pkg or port to compile and configure the Boinc client program. I have several OpenBSD severs that just sit idle 18 hours a day and 24 hours on weekends. thanks DRX never@found.can wrote: > I admit I am not a coder. At one time you could download the pkg and > install the Seti@home and run it. Now you have to co...

Hi, I had an installed Mandraked9.1 Linux on one machine and like to moved it to another machine. I checked the messages output and it seems to look into the previous machine's /etc/modules.conf to configure the new mahcine. The result was linux unable to configure the new machine hardwares such as the etho, vedio card etc. What is the required changed in order to use the pre-installed linux to the new hardware system? Thanks for helping in advance - Mike On 4 Feb 2004 18:32:25 -0800, Mike wrote: > Hi, > > I had an installed Mandraked9.1 Linux on on...

SV: Port connection rules for interfaces!
SystemVerilog LRM says "An interface port can not be left unconnected" Accordingly in VCS the following code won't compile interface inf; logic l0; endinterface module m(inf i); endmodule //module top(); // inf i(); // m m0(i); //endmodule If the commented out portion above is included, SV gets satisfied. So it means.. If I write a piece of SV... I should also be ready with a top to compile it!. Right? Wrong? Any other work around if I am just trying to see the compilability of the above piece of code? -Ravi Hi Ravi, Yes you are corr...

moving from small to big programs
So I'm learning objectiveC/Cocoa, writing cute little programs per the Hillegass book. Then I'm gonna want to write a big program. How do I learn how to do that? When planning this ask yourself is this "big" program really a bunch of smaller ones jamed together haphazardly. Too many functions in one program are not good idea and they confuse the user and make the program unstable. A program should do one thing and do it well and not try to be the kitchen sink. Also most big programs in Cocoa/Objective C are not huge like stuff in C or C++ because so much is al...

Convert many Sinc and Cos to one Cos ?
I have say A1 cos(x+a1) + A2 cos(x+a2) + ... + B1 sin(x+b1) + ... I want to express the answer in the form to A cos (x + P ) Thanks. In article <c35ec8e4-e35f-45c8-b7f7-241c336a8e5b@f63g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, mike <rotchm@gmail.com> wrote: >I have say A1 cos(x+a1) + A2 cos(x+a2) + ... + B1 sin(x+b1) + ... >I want to express the answer in the form to A cos (x + P ) The general case only has the trivial solution, A = anything non-zero P = -x + arccos(the left hand side / A) Are there restrictions on the variables such that you have reason to e...

Ports Patch Avalanche?
Why were there 6497 patches in my "portsnap fetch update" from July 2nd to slightly later on July 6th? I'm not aware of any new version releases,EOLs,or exploits, but should I be? -=-=- The World Trade Center towers MUST rise again, at least as tall as before...or terror has triumphed. Louis Epstein wrote: > Why were there 6497 patches in my "portsnap fetch update" > from July 2nd to slightly later on July 6th? > I'm not aware of any new version releases,EOLs,or exploits, > but should I be? Perl 5.12.3->5.12.4, portrevsions bumped a...

Moving the ledmac textblock
I am trying to set a facing-column translation with ledmac/ledpar as part of a larger essay. The essay has large outer margins with marginal notes, and I would like the ledmac sections to expand to fill a space \textarea + \marginparsep + \marginparwidth. I have seen this sort of textblock readjustment done many times for figures and tables, but ledmac just won't budge. I've tried using the ledgroupsized environment in the package, as well as the list environment (and derived commands in the memoir package), which correctly allow the ledgroup to expand to the right on recto pages, but ...

Will running multiple stations with one copy on the network affect performance?
We have been distributing our built applications by sving them locally&nbsp;at each computer.&nbsp; In an effort to keep all systems equal, we would like to keep all our applications on the server, and just use short cuts to point to them.&nbsp;&nbsp; It would also make upgrades easier. &nbsp; Is there a performance issue if 20 computers load the same executable.&nbsp; At what point does it become a performance issue (5,10,50)? &nbsp; My question is this.&nbsp; Is the software running from the server.&nbsp; Or is it being loaded into machine memory and being...

Iptables and Port Forwarding Issues.
I am trying to forward a single port from the outside box (linux) to the inside box (win2k3 server). The service on the inside machine is a webserver on a nonstandard port. I have tried these iptables lines and they have failed me. iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -i eth0 -d 65.xx.xx.xx --dport 188 -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.xxx:188 iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -i eth0 -d 192.168.1.xxx --dport 188 -j ACCEPT My setup. internt <---> 65.*.*.* eth0 <linux box> 192.168.1.1 eth0:0 <---> 192.168.1.* <win2k3 server> >From the linux machine I can request pages from the 19...

Bluetooth headphones are definitely one in the most important gadgets beats by dre
Bluetooth headphones are definitely 1 in the most significant gadgets that can be utilised with your Bluetooth enabled mobile handset. You'll be able to appreciate distinct sound high quality and excellent stereo impact with top-quality Bluetooth headphones. Etymotic has manufactured one in the finest in-ear Bluetooth headphones in market. The <a href=http://www.cheap-monsterbeatsbydre-uk.com/>Beats By Dr.Dre</a> headphones are obtainable with iPod adapter for fantastic accessibility. Wireless Bluetooth operation has a great range with out any kind of disturbance of...

FAQ moved?
Has the FAQ moved from http://home.comcast.net/~j.p.h/cus-faq.html? I haven't been able to access it there for several days ("PAGE UNAVAILABLE This URL you typed is unavailable at this time.")... Ed. On 2007-05-10, Ed Morton wrote: > Has the FAQ moved from http://home.comcast.net/~j.p.h/cus-faq.html? I > haven't been able to access it there for several days ("PAGE UNAVAILABLE > This URL you typed is unavailable at this time.")... For now, I have put it on my site: <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/shell/cus-faq.html> -- Chris F.A. Johnso...

Yet another SMS sender
Hi to all ! Im trying to make multiple SMS sender. A want to send SMS from computer thru cellular phone ( beetwean computer and cellular phone is a cable). Basicly, i hate to write SMS directly on my cellular, and thefore a want to make all this (write message, send message and maybe recieve message ) from my computer (thru normal cable connection). I know that there are some solutions for this "problem" , but a want to make my own. JEA BABY :--) So, please ( guys and girls) if you now, write down some basic steps what shoud i do to make this work and where to start. ...

moving FBSD to other factory-new harddrives
Hello NG, i have installed a good system (for my opinion of course ;-) . Now i want to have exactly the same system on more computers. How do i make these copies to factory-new harddisks? The goal is to put in the new harddisk in my existing system. Do something (???). Put the new (ready with all partitions) harddisk into the othe computer. Thanks for any hints! Peter Peter Pippinger <peter.pippinger@gmx.de> wrote: > Hello NG, > > i have installed a good system (for my opinion of course ;-) . Now i > want to have exactly the same system on more comput...

Cisco PIX Port Forwarding
Hi, How to translate something like : rdr x10 192.168.10.15/32 port 16024 -> 192.168.177.24 port 6502 udp rdr x10 192.168.10.15/32 port 16025 -> 192.168.177.25 port 6502 udp rdr x10 192.168.10.15/32 port 16026 -> 192.168.177.26 port 6502 udp rdr x10 192.168.10.15/32 port 16027 -> 192.168.177.27 port 6502 udp rdr x10 192.168.10.15/32 port 16028 -> 192.168.177.28 port 6502 udp rdr xl0 192.168.10.15/32 port 16031 -> 192.168.177.31 port 6502 udp rdr x10 192.168.10.15/32 port 16041 -> 192.168.177.41 port 6502 udp rdr x10 192.168.10.15/32 port 16042 -> 192.168.177.42 port 6...

What are key ports in a MSN messenger test?
What are key ports in a MSN messenger test? Using XP Home, the Presario will connect in SAFE Mode but not in normal mode. using a Bell South Westell Modem. Connected direct to the NIC card. No router, hub or wireless. The BellSouth DSL stopped working last night. Opened Control Panel. Network and Internet Connections. scan your system [00000001] VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter (FAILED) IPAddress = 192.168.1.97 (FAILED) Pinging 192.168.1.97 with 32 bytes of data: Request timed out. Request timed out. Request timed out. Request timed out. Ping statistics for 192.168.1...

ZFS move pool
I have a x86 server with 10 06/06 which has one dedicated disk for users (/export/home) c0d0 built with zpool/zfs. Now I want to replace that with two new larger disks (c1d0 and c2d0) for more space and redundancy. /etc/auto_home +auto_home * localhost:/export/home/& Is this a workable approach to use in full operation? zpool replace tank c0d0 c1d0 zpool attach tank c1d0 c2d0 /Thommy M. Thommy, If your hardware will allow, I would consider creating a new mirrored pool with the 2 new drives, then use zfs send & receive to migrate the data over. Just my $.02 -Shane Thommy M...

Vlan question on Catalyst 2900 XL
Hi, Does anyone know how I can make sure that I created .q1 vlan and not isl. I used: switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q and that one was the only place I used dot1q insted isl in my configuation. I am creating Vlan 832 as the legacy (untagged) and 911 as the tagged one both should be .1q. and now if I look at the settings I have: VLAN Name Status Ports ---- -------------------------------- --------- ---------------------------- --- 1 default active Fa0/2, Fa0/3, Fa0/4, Fa0/5, Fa0/...

flatten a level one list
Is there some smart/fast way to flatten a level one list using the latest iterator/generator idioms. The problem arises in coneverting lists of (x,y) coordinates into a single list of coordinates eg f([(x0,y0),(x1,y1),....]) --> [x0,y0,x1,y1,....] or g([x0,x1,x2,......],[y0,y1,y2,....]) --> [x0,y0,x1,y1,....] clearly if f is doable then g can be done using zip. I suppose this is a special case flatten, but can flatten be done fast? The python recipes seem rather slow compared to the builtin functions. -- Robin Becker Robin Becker wrote: > Is there some smart/fast way to f...

Moving average
Does anyone know a simple way to create the n-point moving average of a set of numbers in a file in a shell script? I would think awk might be able to do it in some way, though I don't have a clue how. dave On 2010-04-13, Dr. David Kirkby <david.kirkby@onetel.net> wrote: > Does anyone know a simple way to create the n-point moving average of > a set of numbers in a file in a shell script? I am not sure this is the right tool for the job. > I would think awk might be able to do it in some way, though I don't > have a clue how. awk -v points=3 -f...

Oracle chief architect says there ought to be one Linux distribution: Red Hat 111594
"One Oracle exec said there should be only one Linux distribution =97 Red Hat =97 and claimed there will be no fragmentation of that code base. In an interview with the Linux Foundation recently, Oracle=92s chief corporate architect said Oracle Unbreakable Linux is not a product but a support program and he believes that there ought to be only one Linux distribution =97 his rival=92s code base." [...] http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=3D2393 -RFH On May 7, 8:27=A0pm, Ramon F Herrera <ra...@conexus.net> wrote: > "One Oracle exec said there should be only one L...

NEED C64 EXPANSION PORT INFO
I have the pinout, I figured out the connector wants 0.062 thickness, but what is the power budget??? I know the connector itself is rated at 3A cont, the 5VDC from the C64 power supply is 7.5A, but what is actually left available in let's say, a 4 peripheral serial system? Assuming one is active and the rest are idle? What does a typical cartdrige take in power consumption? What does one typically take in to consideration when doing a design on this port? I am asking because the card I would design could possibly run 1.2A at max power. Are there are HW guys out there who have some g...

Efficient Moving Average and Moving Variance Calculations
Steven Smith in "Digital Signal Processing" describes an efficient algorithm for computing a moving average. This algorithm is also mentioned in the Wikipedia article describing Moving Average: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_average Rick Lyons once asked in this newsgroup about an efficient algorithm for computing "moving variance": http://groups.google.com/group/comp.dsp/browse_frm/thread/330ac90a92f8dfaf/02a3b89dcf21fdcc?hl=en&lnk=st&q=variance+group%3Acomp.dsp+author%3AHadstate#02a3b89dcf21fdcc With minimal effort, one can modify the "Moving Averag...

Read from game port
Hi! I try to read data from game port using inb() (there is device connected to game port). Below is my code (user space): unsigned char c; /* set pormissions */ if(-1 == ioperm(port, 1, 7)) { printf("Error: can not set permissions (%s)\n", strerror(errno)); return; } /* read value */ outb(0xff, port); do { c = inb(port); } while(c == 0xff); printf("Read from port 0x%x: 0x%x\n", port, (int) c); It reads always ...

Porting guide
Hi everyone, My current job is porting assembler sources to C. So currently I spend a lot of time for fighting with assembler... Is there any document, book or something about porting guide ? Or there is good book about low level C programming to interoperate with assembler ? Thank you for your reading and help. Have a nice day. bye. > Is there any document, book or something about porting guide ? > Or there is good book about low level C programming > to interoperate with assembler ? My book discusses assembly language in a way that is heavily influenced by C (calling conven...

how to get mouse move
Hi, O/S: RedHat 9 OpenInventor from TGS. I would like to get mouse move action, without button down while moving (SoLocation2Event). Any help is appriciated. SoThanks, -Shooki Shooki <joshxki@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<40157198$0$43849$39cecf19@news.twtelecom.net>... > Hi, > > O/S: RedHat 9 > OpenInventor from TGS. > > I would like to get mouse move action, without button down while moving > (SoLocation2Event). > > Any help is appriciated. > > SoThanks, > -Shooki Try this: in your callback function, d...