How to move a port from one vlan to another?

I have a Cisco 2900 XL router that has 2 VLAN's. I ran "show vlan
brief" and it has listed ports . I used set vlan [vlan#] [port#] but it
didn't work. The router think vlan keyword is a problem. Can anyone
tell me what is the correct way to move ports from one vlan to another?

Thanks for your help

comp.dcom.sys.cisco 25293 articles. 25 followers. Post Follow

soup_or_power@yahoo.com writes:
>I have a Cisco 2900 XL router that has 2 VLAN's. I ran "show vlan
>brief" and it has listed ports . I used set vlan [vlan#] [port#] but it
>didn't work. The router think vlan keyword is a problem. Can anyone
>tell me what is the correct way to move ports from one vlan to another?

The 2900XL is a switch, not a router. It can't do anything on layer-3.

set vlan port# is a CatOS command. The 2924xl is an IOS device, you
need to use IOS commands.

int Faste 0/1
 switchport access vlan 2

0
Doug
6/23/2006 4:56:35 AM
Doug McIntyre wrote:
> soup_or_power@yahoo.com writes:
> >I have a Cisco 2900 XL router that has 2 VLAN's. I ran "show vlan
> >brief" and it has listed ports . I used set vlan [vlan#] [port#] but it
> >didn't work. The router think vlan keyword is a problem. Can anyone
> >tell me what is the correct way to move ports from one vlan to another?
>
> The 2900XL is a switch, not a router. It can't do anything on layer-3.
>
> set vlan port# is a CatOS command. The 2924xl is an IOS device, you
> need to use IOS commands.
>
> int Faste 0/1
>  switchport access vlan 2

Many thanks for your help

This is how I did it

Switch>enable
Switch#configure terminal
Switch(config)#interface Fa0/10
Switch(config-if)#switchport access vlan 3

Thanks again.

0
soup_or_power

How to move a port from one vlan to another?
I have a Cisco 2900 XL router that has 2 VLAN's. I ran "show vlan brief" and it has listed ports . I used set vlan [vlan#] [port#] but it didn't work. The router think vlan keyword is a problem. Can anyone tell me what is the correct way to move ports from one vlan to another? Thanks for your help soup_or_power@yahoo.com writes: >I have a Cisco 2900 XL router that has 2 VLAN's. I ran "show vlan >brief" and it has listed ports . I used set vlan [vlan#] [port#] but it >didn't work. The router think vlan keyword is a problem. Can anyone >tell me ...

Q? Reconfiguring Solaris x86 device trees after moving my USB disk from one port to another ...
Hi: After moving my USB drive from one USB port to another on my laptop, I need to reconfigure/re-order the Solaris 10 x86 (nv48) device trees so that it can boot again. Right now, it does not boot as attached to the new USB port. So as shown below, I performed the standard reconfiguration steps I have many times over the years, yet they do not seem to be enough on Solaris 10 x86. Here they are. What did I miss (TIA!): =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D Step 1) boot...

REPOST: Q? Reconfiguring Solaris x86 device trees after moving my USB disk from one port to another ...
Hi: (( BTW Thanks Juergen Keil for the "bootenv.rc" suggestion on my first posting. After incorporating that, I still have the problem, so here is the repost)).... After moving my USB drive from one USB port to another on my laptop, I need to reconfigure/re-order the Solaris 10 x86 (nv48) device trees so that it can boot again. Right now, it does not boot as attached to the new USB port. So as shown below, I performed the standard reconfiguration steps I have many times over the years, yet they do not seem to be enough on Solaris 10 x86. Here they are. What did I miss (TIA!): =3...

Q? Reconfiguring Solaris x86 device trees after moving my USB disk from one port to another ... #2
Hi: (( BTW Thanks Juergen Keil for the "bootenv.rc" suggestion on my first posting. After incorporating that, I still have the problem, so here is the repost)).... After moving my USB drive from one USB port to another on my laptop, I need to reconfigure/re-order the Solaris 10 x86 (nv48) device trees so that it can boot again. Right now, it does not boot as attached to the new USB port. So as shown below, I performed the standard reconfiguration steps I have many times over the years, yet they do not seem to be enough on Solaris 10 x86. Here they are. What did I miss (TIA!): =3...

Moving data from one table to another, (existing), one.
Hi, I have a table, TABLEA ( ROWA[int], ROWB[int] ) and I want to move all the data to another table, TABLEB ( ROWA[int], ROWB[string], ROWC[string] ) ROWC will be a constant string but ROWB will be converted to a string (VARCHAR 255) of the current INT value. How would you move the data from A to B? INSERT INTO TABLEB ( ROWA, ROWB, ROWC ) VALUES ( SELECT ROWA, ROWB FROM TABLEA, 'ROWC'.... ) Not sure how that would work. Thanks FFMG -- 'webmaster forum' (http://www.httppoint.com) | 'webmaster Directory' (http://www.webhostshunter.com/) | 'Recrea...

Move from one table to another one value is wrong
After parsing i move the values form tblcustomer to tblRequest. There are too many spaces in all the field of tblcustomer but they all move good accept field Account number. Below is the query which i use to move values but it still give me last 4 digit from tblcustomers. tblcustomers AccountNum Text 100 Value: 07836-105575-02 Input Mask: CCCCCC\-CC tblRequest AcctCustNum Text 15 Value: 75-02 INSERT INTO tblRequest ( AcctCustNum, CableDataDate, CreditRequested, ZipCode, CorpNum, BoxType, Comments, CustFName, CustLName, NewRequest, BoxQty, ReturnMethod, DateLoaded, ConverterNum, RequestR...

VLAN port with internet access can access only one vlan?
I've been searching around for a while and have come up with more questions than answers I have two cisco switches (2950 and 3500) which are connected to eachother with a vlan 1 (default) and vlan 22. The vlan aspect is working fine as it should be, each switch is basically divied in half w/ half the ports on vlan 22 and half on vlan 1. I have them trunked together and that works fine. Now on one switch I have my internet connection on a port. If I set the port to access mode and put in vlan 22 then vlan 22 has an internet connection If I put in vlan 1 then vlan 1 has the internet con...

Send traffic from one serial port out to another serial port
Hi, We've got a system where we need to occasionally in effect link two serial ports together on our system which is running linux. Scenario (/dev/ttyS1) <radio> --- rs232 -- [linux system] --- rs232 -- <terminal> (/dev/ttyS0) Normally the terminal talks to the linux system which sends traffic if needed to the radio. However for certain situations we need to make sure any traffic on /dev/ttyS0 is sent straight out on /dev/ttyS1 and vice-versa with no alterations etc. On a stock distribution (debian) I can't see an easy way to accomplish this short of using socat. ...

How to move my bought iPhone Apps from one computer to another one?
Dear friends: How to move my bought iPhone Apps from one computer to another one? I need to replace my old Ms-Windows computer by a new Mac one. I could move my music library without any problem to the new one, but I don't know how to move the Apps I have bought previously from Apple Store. Any hint? Thanks Juan I. Cahis Santiago de Chile (South America) Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it! In article <vpmc45hd9v6mg381lnsnhv6q7kcm35apk9@4ax.com>, Juan I. Cahis <jiclbchSINBASURA@attglobal.net> wrote: > I need to replace my old Ms-Window...

How to move focus from one JTree node to another one and then back again?
Hi all! Say I have a very simple JTree ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ package main; import java.awt.BorderLayout; import java.awt.Container; import java.awt.event.WindowAdapter; import java.awt.event.WindowEvent; import javax.swing.JFrame; import javax.swing.JScrollPane; import javax.swing.JTextField; import javax.swing.JTree; import javax.swing.event.TreeSelectionEvent; import javax.swing.event.TreeSelectionListener; import javax.swing.tree.DefaultMutableTreeNode; public class SelectableTree extends JFrame implements TreeSelectionListener { public static void main(...

moving oracle database 9 from another computer to another one
hello, i am not an expert in orace, that's why am here. i need to move all a database (structure+data) from another computer to another one, and i need also to place the database in the same directory in the new pc as it was in the old pc. what is the best way to do this? please try to explain point by point. thank you! "noumian" <n.noumia@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1e751a0c-d5ca-4f2c-a126-d97ad842da61@f3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > hello, i am not an expert in orace, that's why am here. > i need to move all a database (structure+data) from another compu...

Moving a drawing view from one sheet to another non-related one
I have two drawings. One is a sheet metal flat pattern and the other is an assembly with the formed sheet metal as one of the parts. I would like to move the dimensioned flat pattern to one of the sheets in the assembly. Is this possible, or do I have to recreate the views? Thanks in advance. Bruce B. On May 8, 12:06 pm, Bruce Bretschneider <bruce...@cox.net> wrote: > I have two drawings. One is a sheet metal flat pattern and the other is > an assembly with the formed sheet metal as one of the parts. I would > like to move the dimensioned flat pattern to one of the sh...

How to move Oracle Express 10 database form one machine to another one.
It seems the backup and restore method does not work. On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 23:19:54 -0700, Amber wrote: > It seems the backup and restore method does not work. Have you tried bioenery methods or just beaming the database up? -- Mladen Gogala http://mgogala.byethost5.com On Apr 17, 2:57=A0pm, Mladen Gogala <mgog...@yahoo.com> wrote: > On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 23:19:54 -0700, Amber wrote: > > It seems the backup and restore method does not work. > > Have you tried bioenery methods or just beaming the database up? > > -- > Mladen Gogalahttp://mgogala.byethost5.com...

Script to move files with one occurence of a string to one directory, and other files to another directory?
I could use a script for the bash shell to look through a group of files (s= elected from one directory by a wildcard expression) and move any of those = files with exactly one occurrence of the string Path: to a different direct= ory, usually a subdirectory of the first directory. The rest of the files = selected by the wildcard expression are move to a third directory, also usu= ally a subdirectory of the first directory. I'm currently doing this manua= lly, but with grep commands to count the number of occurrences. NOT homework - I'm retired. Actually using Cygwin (an em...

Is imp/exp the best way to move one schema from one inst to another? Please help!
Using oracle 9.2.0.3.0, on two Sun Starfire Servers both running Sun Unix, 8 Sparc CPUs, 2 TB each. We have a schema AP on an instance A1 on a UNIX server A1. The schema has tables, views, constraints, no triggers, functions, procs, indexes etc. We have another schema AP on an instance T1 on a UNIX server T1. The schema has tables, views, constraints, no triggers, functions, procs, indexes etc. We have made major changes to AP on A1 and we want to blow away AP on T1 and replace it completely with AP from A1. What is the best method of doing this? Will an export/import do it, export ...

How does one copy all datas from an old memory card to another one? Also, move Palm GPS Navigator program?
Hello, My father would like to copy all of his datas from his old 1 GB memory expansion card to his new 2 GB memory expansion card (unopened too). I know on computer, it is easy if you have multiple drives installed. How do we do this on a Palm Treo 680 that only has one expansion memory card? Do we have to buy two of those memory card readers for PCs (Windows 2000 SP4, XP Pro. SP2 and XP Media Center 2004 SP2) or something? Also, my father just bought one of those Palm GPS Navigator. He got to install and make the program work on his PDA (didn't install the CD software in Windows...

moving one box over another
I would like to design a web page as follows: There is a box (box A) with some things in it that the user can click on. When an item is clicked, another box (box B) moves in from the right side of box A. I don't want box B to exist outside of A, simply start on the right side and then cover up all of B. I am going to be targetting Firefox 2.x only, well if it works in IE7 and Safari 3, great, but the kiosk is going to be running Firefox, so I would like to use the latest techniques. I get the impression that what I want to do might be acheivable with CSS2 and limited JavaSc...

Moving from one server to another
Hi all, I have been given the task of moving an sql database from one server to another. These servers are not on the same network. I know I can detach the database, copy it to a new location, then FTP it to the new server and re-attach it. My question is, is this the best way to do this? Or is there another way? I have access to both servers through Enterprise Manager. TIA GuyInTn (christopher@NOSPAMreardenweb.com) writes: > I have been given the task of moving an sql database from one server > to another. These servers are not on the same network. I know I can > detach the datab...

Porting from one server to another
Currently got some apps running on an old Sunfire V240 which we are replacing with a T2000. Is there any easy way to port directly onto the new server? For instance, ufsdump/ufsrestore onto the new disks. I'd imagine this would cause problems booting the new server (since its different hardware)? I vaguely remember there is a way around this? Or is complete re-install easier? In article <1011d99a-19aa-4aad-bf1b-e656e1072758@m7g2000vbc.googlegroups.com>, BertieBigBollox@gmail.com <bertiebigbollox@gmail.com> wrote: >Is there any easy way to port directly onto ...

I have 10/100/1000 Mbps ports one side and two switches connected to each port, one is 10Mbps and other one is 100Mbps does auto-negotians will automatic?.
I have one Router with each port 10/100/1000 Mbps, I need to connect two switches where one switch ports are at 100 Mbps only and where as second switch ports are at 10 Mbps only. When I plugin my two switches to Router ports, can be the ports auto-negotiated at their maximum speed?. In article <1107745719.881503.73700@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>, <santa19992000@yahoo.com> wrote: :I have one Router with each port 10/100/1000 Mbps, I need to connect :two switches where one switch ports are at 100 Mbps only and where as :second switch ports are at 10 Mbps only. When I ...

moving system from one disk to another
Good Afternoon Everyone! I need some advice regarding how to transfer an entire FreeBSD 5.4 system from one harddisk to another. I had to install a FreeBSD system for a friend who lives far-far away, but we meet in every 2-3 weeks. I have a spare, old and used harddisk, and to save time I installed the system on my PC using this spare disk. Compiled a custom kernel, built required apps from ports, etc. All I need now is to somehow transfer everything from my old spare disk to the shiny new big disk in my friends PC in a way that it will be able to boot and use the pre-built s...

Moving data from one machine to another
I have some SQL that extracts data from a database into a text file (it's run by a cron job), the text file is then emailed to another machine where the data will be used. I did look at running the SQL from the final destination machine so that I don't have to massage the data twice but I can't install the module required (DBD::Unify) without a 'working environment' - which is on the other machine. So I'm exporting the data to perl sticking it into a hash, exporting with Storable and emailing the file to another machine where procmail hands the file off to another per...

Erroe during move from one table to another
When i run my query it transfer last 4 digits of account number from one table to another and its wrong. There are two tables one i use for parsing. Second thru query i use to move data from temp table to actual table with some little changes in temp table. I use the same code in two different databases One database works fine and another database wont move the account number with 9 digit size. Difference is only the structre of text files so parsing is little different. But after parsing same method i use to move from temp table to actual table. when it parse it move the account number from t...

Move Notes from one computer to another ?
Is there any way to completly move a Lotus Notes configuration from an Windows 95 Laptop to a new Windows 2000 Laptop. It's not an upgrade of the OS, the user gets a brand new computer but needs the same notes configuration. The notes client is NOT used for mail.. The notes version on both OS : 5.0.9 Please help... If you need any more info, feel free to ask.. Regards Kenneth Johansen On 10 Feb 2004 02:52:28 -0800, Kenneth Johansen <kjo007@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there any way to completly move a Lotus Notes configuration from an > Windows 95 Lapto...

moving a database from one server to another.
NT 4.0, IDS 7.3 Hi all I'm moving a small database (4gb) from one server to another as a favour to a mate. I'm savvy with IDS on Unix but have never used it on Windows. The database doesn't have any blobs. And the source and target operating systems and Informix versions are identical. The target machine has much more disk and memory. Looking through the manual it looks a little different to Unix. May I ask you a few questions? (Pardon my ignorance in advance). Should I use onunload/ onload or dbexport/dbimport? Do I need to run these commands through a comm...