How to move a port from one vlan to another?

I have a Cisco 2900 XL router that has 2 VLAN's. I ran "show vlan
brief" and it has listed ports . I used set vlan [vlan#] [port#] but it
didn't work. The router think vlan keyword is a problem. Can anyone
tell me what is the correct way to move ports from one vlan to another?

Thanks for your help

comp.dcom.sys.cisco 25310 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

soup_or_power@yahoo.com writes:
>I have a Cisco 2900 XL router that has 2 VLAN's. I ran "show vlan
>brief" and it has listed ports . I used set vlan [vlan#] [port#] but it
>didn't work. The router think vlan keyword is a problem. Can anyone
>tell me what is the correct way to move ports from one vlan to another?

The 2900XL is a switch, not a router. It can't do anything on layer-3.

set vlan port# is a CatOS command. The 2924xl is an IOS device, you
need to use IOS commands.

int Faste 0/1
 switchport access vlan 2

0
Doug
6/23/2006 4:56:35 AM
Doug McIntyre wrote:
> soup_or_power@yahoo.com writes:
> >I have a Cisco 2900 XL router that has 2 VLAN's. I ran "show vlan
> >brief" and it has listed ports . I used set vlan [vlan#] [port#] but it
> >didn't work. The router think vlan keyword is a problem. Can anyone
> >tell me what is the correct way to move ports from one vlan to another?
>
> The 2900XL is a switch, not a router. It can't do anything on layer-3.
>
> set vlan port# is a CatOS command. The 2924xl is an IOS device, you
> need to use IOS commands.
>
> int Faste 0/1
>  switchport access vlan 2

Many thanks for your help

This is how I did it

Switch>enable
Switch#configure terminal
Switch(config)#interface Fa0/10
Switch(config-if)#switchport access vlan 3

Thanks again.

0
soup_or_power

Q? Reconfiguring Solaris x86 device trees after moving my USB disk from one port to another ...
Hi: After moving my USB drive from one USB port to another on my laptop, I need to reconfigure/re-order the Solaris 10 x86 (nv48) device trees so that it can boot again. Right now, it does not boot as attached to the new USB port. So as shown below, I performed the standard reconfiguration steps I have many times over the years, yet they do not seem to be enough on Solaris 10 x86. Here they are. What did I miss (TIA!): =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D Step 1) boot...

REPOST: Q? Reconfiguring Solaris x86 device trees after moving my USB disk from one port to another ...
Hi: (( BTW Thanks Juergen Keil for the "bootenv.rc" suggestion on my first posting. After incorporating that, I still have the problem, so here is the repost)).... After moving my USB drive from one USB port to another on my laptop, I need to reconfigure/re-order the Solaris 10 x86 (nv48) device trees so that it can boot again. Right now, it does not boot as attached to the new USB port. So as shown below, I performed the standard reconfiguration steps I have many times over the years, yet they do not seem to be enough on Solaris 10 x86. Here they are. What did I miss (TIA!): =3...

Q? Reconfiguring Solaris x86 device trees after moving my USB disk from one port to another ... #2
Hi: (( BTW Thanks Juergen Keil for the "bootenv.rc" suggestion on my first posting. After incorporating that, I still have the problem, so here is the repost)).... After moving my USB drive from one USB port to another on my laptop, I need to reconfigure/re-order the Solaris 10 x86 (nv48) device trees so that it can boot again. Right now, it does not boot as attached to the new USB port. So as shown below, I performed the standard reconfiguration steps I have many times over the years, yet they do not seem to be enough on Solaris 10 x86. Here they are. What did I miss (TIA!): =3...

Moving data from one table to another, (existing), one.
Hi, I have a table, TABLEA ( ROWA[int], ROWB[int] ) and I want to move all the data to another table, TABLEB ( ROWA[int], ROWB[string], ROWC[string] ) ROWC will be a constant string but ROWB will be converted to a string (VARCHAR 255) of the current INT value. How would you move the data from A to B? INSERT INTO TABLEB ( ROWA, ROWB, ROWC ) VALUES ( SELECT ROWA, ROWB FROM TABLEA, 'ROWC'.... ) Not sure how that would work. Thanks FFMG -- 'webmaster forum' (http://www.httppoint.com) | 'webmaster Directory' (http://www.webhostshunter.com/) | 'Recrea...

Move from one table to another one value is wrong
After parsing i move the values form tblcustomer to tblRequest. There are too many spaces in all the field of tblcustomer but they all move good accept field Account number. Below is the query which i use to move values but it still give me last 4 digit from tblcustomers. tblcustomers AccountNum Text 100 Value: 07836-105575-02 Input Mask: CCCCCC\-CC tblRequest AcctCustNum Text 15 Value: 75-02 INSERT INTO tblRequest ( AcctCustNum, CableDataDate, CreditRequested, ZipCode, CorpNum, BoxType, Comments, CustFName, CustLName, NewRequest, BoxQty, ReturnMethod, DateLoaded, ConverterNum, RequestR...

VLAN port with internet access can access only one vlan?
I've been searching around for a while and have come up with more questions than answers I have two cisco switches (2950 and 3500) which are connected to eachother with a vlan 1 (default) and vlan 22. The vlan aspect is working fine as it should be, each switch is basically divied in half w/ half the ports on vlan 22 and half on vlan 1. I have them trunked together and that works fine. Now on one switch I have my internet connection on a port. If I set the port to access mode and put in vlan 22 then vlan 22 has an internet connection If I put in vlan 1 then vlan 1 has the internet con...

moving oracle database 9 from another computer to another one
hello, i am not an expert in orace, that's why am here. i need to move all a database (structure+data) from another computer to another one, and i need also to place the database in the same directory in the new pc as it was in the old pc. what is the best way to do this? please try to explain point by point. thank you! "noumian" <n.noumia@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1e751a0c-d5ca-4f2c-a126-d97ad842da61@f3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > hello, i am not an expert in orace, that's why am here. > i need to move all a database (structure+data) from another compu...

How to move focus from one JTree node to another one and then back again?
Hi all! Say I have a very simple JTree ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ package main; import java.awt.BorderLayout; import java.awt.Container; import java.awt.event.WindowAdapter; import java.awt.event.WindowEvent; import javax.swing.JFrame; import javax.swing.JScrollPane; import javax.swing.JTextField; import javax.swing.JTree; import javax.swing.event.TreeSelectionEvent; import javax.swing.event.TreeSelectionListener; import javax.swing.tree.DefaultMutableTreeNode; public class SelectableTree extends JFrame implements TreeSelectionListener { public static void main(...

How to move my bought iPhone Apps from one computer to another one?
Dear friends: How to move my bought iPhone Apps from one computer to another one? I need to replace my old Ms-Windows computer by a new Mac one. I could move my music library without any problem to the new one, but I don't know how to move the Apps I have bought previously from Apple Store. Any hint? Thanks Juan I. Cahis Santiago de Chile (South America) Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it! In article <vpmc45hd9v6mg381lnsnhv6q7kcm35apk9@4ax.com>, Juan I. Cahis <jiclbchSINBASURA@attglobal.net> wrote: > I need to replace my old Ms-Window...

Send traffic from one serial port out to another serial port
Hi, We've got a system where we need to occasionally in effect link two serial ports together on our system which is running linux. Scenario (/dev/ttyS1) <radio> --- rs232 -- [linux system] --- rs232 -- <terminal> (/dev/ttyS0) Normally the terminal talks to the linux system which sends traffic if needed to the radio. However for certain situations we need to make sure any traffic on /dev/ttyS0 is sent straight out on /dev/ttyS1 and vice-versa with no alterations etc. On a stock distribution (debian) I can't see an easy way to accomplish this short of using socat. ...

Moving a drawing view from one sheet to another non-related one
I have two drawings. One is a sheet metal flat pattern and the other is an assembly with the formed sheet metal as one of the parts. I would like to move the dimensioned flat pattern to one of the sheets in the assembly. Is this possible, or do I have to recreate the views? Thanks in advance. Bruce B. On May 8, 12:06 pm, Bruce Bretschneider <bruce...@cox.net> wrote: > I have two drawings. One is a sheet metal flat pattern and the other is > an assembly with the formed sheet metal as one of the parts. I would > like to move the dimensioned flat pattern to one of the sh...

How to move Oracle Express 10 database form one machine to another one.
It seems the backup and restore method does not work. On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 23:19:54 -0700, Amber wrote: > It seems the backup and restore method does not work. Have you tried bioenery methods or just beaming the database up? -- Mladen Gogala http://mgogala.byethost5.com On Apr 17, 2:57=A0pm, Mladen Gogala <mgog...@yahoo.com> wrote: > On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 23:19:54 -0700, Amber wrote: > > It seems the backup and restore method does not work. > > Have you tried bioenery methods or just beaming the database up? > > -- > Mladen Gogalahttp://mgogala.byethost5.com...

Cisco ASA 5510/5520 and VLAN ? Affect IPSEC Remote User at one vlan
Hi anyone know if it's possible that configure a lot of VLAN on a Cisco ASA 5510/5520 LAN Interface and affect a Pool + User right at one vlan ? Internet ==> 80.xx.xx.xx => Cisco ASA5510 Wan Interface |==> Vlan 10 - 172.20.10.0/24 => |==> Vlan 20 - 172.20.11.0/24 => ASA 5510 LAN |==> Vlan 30 - 172.20.12.0/24 => |==> Vlan 40 - 172.20.13.0/24 => |==> Vlan 50 - 172.20.14.0/24 => One Pool IPSec Remote per Vlan: User_Groupe_1 => Pool 172.21.10.0/24 Can access only Vlan 10 Network User_Groupe_2 => Pool 172.21.20.0/24 Can access only ...

Script to move files with one occurence of a string to one directory, and other files to another directory?
I could use a script for the bash shell to look through a group of files (s= elected from one directory by a wildcard expression) and move any of those = files with exactly one occurrence of the string Path: to a different direct= ory, usually a subdirectory of the first directory. The rest of the files = selected by the wildcard expression are move to a third directory, also usu= ally a subdirectory of the first directory. I'm currently doing this manua= lly, but with grep commands to count the number of occurrences. NOT homework - I'm retired. Actually using Cygwin (an em...

Web resources about - How to move a port from one vlan to another? - comp.dcom.sys.cisco

Microsoft recalls fire-risk power cord
Microsoft is recalling more than two million power cords sold with Surface tablets worldwide after 56 reports of them overheating and emitting ...

Donald Trump combined with Dolores Umbridge is as disturbing as you'd expect
LONDON — Prepare yourselves for this one. There are some celebrity mashups that end up working so eerily well that they get sort of ingrained ...

Yahoo to cut 1,700 workers as CEO tries to save her own job
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Yahoo is laying off about 1,700 employees and shedding some of its excess baggage in a shake-up likely to determine whether ...

Report finds record number of US exonerations in 2015
WTOP Report finds record number of US exonerations in 2015 WTOP Luis Vargas, who has been in prison for 16 years, breaks down in court as ...

This woman is raising 200 dogs she saved from death in South Korea
Puppies bark and wag their tails as they follow a gray-haired woman through a hillside compound that shelters more than 200 dogs. "Hey, my babies. ...

Europe and the U.S. Have Reached a New Agreement on Data-Sharing
More Yahoo Will Lay Off 15% of Workforce IKEA Really Wants You to Put Your Phone Away and Enjoy Your Life Here’s Why Twitter’s Stock Is Surging ...

Star Wars as a Grindhouse Film
Mashable remixed the original Star Wars to more resemble a Grindhouse movie. While the effect is jarring, this trailer makes the movie look like ...

How to share files in Windows 10
Introducing HomeGroups One of the easiest - and quickest - ways to share files amongst your computers running Windows 10 is by using HomeGroups. ...

'American Crime Story' cast: Where they were during O.J. Bronco chase
The low-speed police pursuit of NFL great O.J. Simpson through the streets and freeways of Southern California on Sept. 17, 1994, might not be ...

Judge could rule on Cosby bid to toss sex-assault charges
NORRISTOWN, Pa. (AP) — A suburban Philadelphia judge hopes to decide whether to dismiss a sexual assault case against actor Bill Cosby over an ...