logging on ASA 5510

Hi All

I have some problem:

I'd like  set logging to my syslog  in that way:

notification -> send to local.2 in syslog

now i configure :
logging trap notification, but the traps are send to local4 or with flag
local4. I can't change it to another localx.

thx for clue

best regards
Ted
0
ted
3/25/2008 12:22:18 PM
comp.dcom.sys.cisco 25313 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Mar 25, 8:22 am, ted <t...@interia.eu> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have some problem:
>
> I'd like  set logging to my syslog  in that way:
>
> notification -> send to local.2 in syslog
>
> now i configure :
> logging trap notification, but the traps are send to local4 or with flag
> local4. I can't change it to another localx.

lookup up logging facility  command

To specify the logging facility used for messages sent to syslog
servers, use the logging facility command in global configuration
mode. To reset the logging facility to its default of 20, use the no
form of this command.

logging facility  <facility>

Syntax Description
 facility
 Specifies the logging facility; valid values are 16 through 23.

0
Merv