Printer sharing over wireless using Printopia - can't find printer

We are trying to share a printer for use by iPad users. The printer is dire=
ctly connected to a Mac running Printopia. Both the Mac and all of the iPad=
s are connected to the same WLAN. It's working fine at one location, but no=
t at all at another location (iPads cannot see the printer). The location i=
t works at has standalone APs (mostly 1131AGs). The site it does not work a=
t has lightweight APs (4402 WLC running 6.0.199.4, also with 1131AGs). The =
controller has multicast enabled, has multicast mode set to 'multicast', an=
d has a multicast address set to 239.21.0.1 (I've also tried 224.0.0.1). Th=
e Mac and iPads all have normal connectivity. What might the problem be?
comp.dcom.sys.cisco 25313 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

using shared deskjet 720c (win 98 se) on another computer computer (win XP) but printer isn't in list of printers
Hello. Is there another computer that could be selected from the list that comes with Windows 87 Second Edition? The Deskjet 720 c isn't on the list. I tried to install the software on win98se machine but the install program is looking for an LPT port but I want to install it as a network shared printer. If I use "Add Printer" it prompts me to select from a list. The closest HP Deskjet on this list is 690c, 692c, 693c, 694c, 850c, 855c, etc. Can I substitute a lower number? How should I proceed? Thanks! Rich Hollenbeck Oops! I know there is no Windows 87! Doh! I mean...

With a home wireless network should I be able to print documents from my PC laptop on to a printer that I have set up to share via my ethernet. Again I have all OS X Macs with printer sharing se
With a home wireless network should I be able to print documents from my PC laptop on to a printer that I have set up to share via my ethernet. Again I have all OS X Macs with printer sharing set to on. I am able to print from one Mac to another via sharing. What about the PC ? -- http://bergenbulldogradio.blogspot.com/ In article <il9Yg.1193$6D3.1191@trnddc01>, Marshall <notmkatzman@verizon.net> wrote: > With a home wireless network should I be able to print documents from my > PC laptop on to a printer that I have set up to share via my ethernet. > Again I have ...

Network Printer help: Use a Shared Printer on a WinXP machine
Hello, I am new to Linux. I have the Slackware flavor installed, version 9.1. I am trying to use a shared printer on a Windows XP machine. I have verified that I can access the machine (ADDIE) through the network with: smb://Addie in Konqueror (Note: THis requires a USername/Password). I do have CUPS installed. I tried adding the printer with the CUPS "Add Printer" method. Below is the infomation I added: <First Page> Name: Addie's Printer Location: //Addie Description: Addie's Printer <Second Page> Device: Unknown Network Device(smb) ...

Finding printers that aren't there
I have been unable to print for a while, so finally, I decided to remove all the plists and drivers for both printers and re-install. I have done most of the removing, but before Reinstalling, I decided to make sure the printer select utility list was clear. Two macs, one named Blueberry, this named Gray. Both printers have their USB cables disconnected. Print select utility shows FOUR hp 840C printers, two on Blueberry, two on Blueberry's IP address. Deleting them is easy--but they reappear within five seconds! The Brother (which was the last one to actually print anything) is not...

Printer Sharing -- Why isn't it working?
There are two of us, both running OS X 10.4, and both connected via a Linksys wireless router. Each of us has a printer, mine is a Canon ip8500 and hers is a HP-1300, and each of us has enabled printer sharing via the system preferences. The problem is that for reasons unbeknownst printer sharing has ceased to work. When she attempts to print to my printer she gets a beachball that spins for a long time and then when the spinning ceases nothing is printed. Her printer fails to show up for me as an available printer. Help and such will be greatly appreciated. -- James L. Ryan -- Talie...

necessary to install printer driver for shared printer on computer that is not attached to printer?
We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is it necessary to install the HP drivers on the Win 7 computer in addition to the XP computer? best, Aaron From: <aaronep@pacbell.net> > We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We > have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP > computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is > it necessary to in...

Printer won't print, messages won't delete in WindowsXP Pro
I'm running Windows XP Pro with a Lexmark Z22 printer. Often when I try to print, the printing notification widow pops up. As usual, I hear "Printing started," but nothing happens while the seconds are ticking away on the clock. If I try to cancel the job, then check the printing queue, the job is still there, marked "Deleting." The only way to get it to print is to restart, then it works (until the next time). The only way to delete the unsuccessful print job is to go into task manager under Processes and try to guess which process to delete. This works, when I g...

printer won't use black ink with this PostScript
The below PS on several printers prints as expected either black toner or CMY process black toner. However on one printer it prints only CMY process black toner. The printer can print with black toner as we have a PDF file that works but I can not share this file. Thanks! Ed %! /Helvetica findfont 36 scalefont setfont 36 140 moveto 0 0 0 1 setcmykcolor (Hello Black 0 0 0 1) show 36 172 moveto 1 1 1 0 setcmykcolor (Hello CMY Black 1 1 1 0) show % These are used in 3 color (RGB HSB) to CMYK conversion %{} dup setblackgeneration setundercolorremoval {pop 1} dup setblackgeneration setunderc...

Computer won't allow Printer To Be Added... and dies when HP Network Printer Wizard Runss..
One of my WIN98SE networked printers won't add printers. Two other computers on the network nicely added the new printer with no problems. There is a DirectJet 500 printer server on the network which is functional For the troublesome computer, the Printer applet in Control Pannel and in My Computer just won't run. These run on the other networked computers. When I run HP Network Printer Setup Wizard, it dies or claims the printer isn't networked, on this particular computer. The wizard runs fine on the other networked computers. The network protocols active are TCP/IP and IPX. I have downloaded and reinstalled the latest version of the Wizard. -- ................................ Keepsake gift for young girls. Unique and personal one-of-a-kind. Builds strong minds 12 ways. Guaranteed satisfaction - courteous money back - keep bonus gifts http://www.alicebook.com ...

Are there wireless printers that don't require software running on the laptop?
I am considering purchasing a wireless all-in-one printer. I have some experience with a friend's HP J4680 and Brother MFC-390CW and both of them require specific software programs to be running on any laptop that is to try to print wirelessly through the Wi-Fi printer connection. Is this typical of wireless printers? Is there a company that makes a wireless printer which doesn't require a memory hogging software program from the printer manufacturer to be running on the laptop to be able to print wirelessly? Bud H "Bud H" <budh9534@gmail.com> wrote ...

Looking for a new printer that doesn't clog, used much, etc.
Hello. I think I need to replace Epson Stylus Color 880 printer because every time I print, I get black wheel/roller marks and blobs. I tried clean every places, but no go. It seems fine if I am only feeding paper without printing. Maybe the printer head went bad and leaks when printing? Oh well, I only paid about 70 bucks for it back in September 2001. What's the best printer brand and model that doesn't clog often, easy to maintain, etc. I also don't use the printer much as I used to do as a student. I will print a few pages maybe once a month so the ink catridges need to stay in shape for a longer period of time especially during heat waves in Southern CA. I also still want to be able to print photographs in colors on glossy papers. This will be rare as well. The printer should work in Windows 95 to XP, Linux, and MacOS X (10.2.8; PowerBook G4 15" 1 Ghz). Parallel support would be nice for my old Pentium 150 MMX laptop with Windows 95 OSR2, but I doubt that parallel support still exists these days. Any printer sales happening in my area at Costco, Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA, Office Depot, Staples, etc.? I don't want to spend a lot of money on a new printer. It doesn't need to be the newest model either. Thank you in advance. :) -- "When I am at my lowest, that is when I see things the clearest. It's hard to care about ants when you're soaring with eagles." --unknown /\___/\ ...

Appleworks won't print shared printer 10.4.8
Just recently (within weeks) updated to 10.4.8 combo updater. I am still using Appleworks 6.29. Yes I know Apple has largely orphaned it. A shame as it was a nice basic software package. Handwriting on wall may indicate I should just abandon Appleworks. It has refused to print to a shared printer (not directly connected to this G4 iMac but another running 10.4.8). It simply does not see the shared printer. Eudora 6.24 on same Mac does see remote shared printer & prints fine. Shared printer shows up fine in list of printers in printer setup dialogs and System Prefs Print & Fax ...

does Canon have a printer that doesn't use a "FINE" cartridge?
Hello, i need to replace my second Canon printer and notice that the newer ones (Pixmas) have this "FINE" system. I don't need photo, just good color, and preferably an AIO type (one with a flatbed copier capability). Looked at an MP160, MP180, MP460.. They have this "FINE" cartridge system and I'd prefer as few cartridges as absolutely necessary... Anybody with an idea of a model still available that still uses the three-colors + 1-black cartridge configuration like the i series ones? Really appreciate any help you can suggest... Thanks!! Mike ...

Epson Stylus Color 900 - took out a full color cartridge to test in another printer
I downloaded and installed sscserve.exe from http://ssclg.com/epsone.shtml but I can't get that program to work or I still can't get the printer to print - not sure which (but there is NO ink printing from the printer now). Anyone use that app on this printer successfully? OR is there another app that will work? OR a hardware fix? Thanks! Brad ...

I have a Canon PIXMA ip4000 printer attached via USB to my PC. My Mac can see it and add it but it cannot load the right driver. I installed the printer on the Mac as well then re connected it to the PC hoping that after the Mac would be able to locate or display the proper Canon driver. Any idea how to get the correct driver assigned to this shared printer? Thanks, Om Mac- G4/450 w 512MB RAM 10.3.8, Canon driver 2.6.0 PC- Win2K Pro- printer shared Both machines network flawlessly together ...

Wireless Printer Server and USB printer?
I just bought a Netgear WGPS606 wireless print server to connect my USB Canon BJC-8200 printer. It works fine. I could see and print to the printer over wireless but the big problem is that there is no printer status information returned (paper out, ink empty etc...). This same printer works fine (and displayed all printer information) as a direct-connect printer or shared network printer when it was connected directly to my desktop and print from my laptop. Am I missing something? I would think that a printer server just pass data from computer to the printer and vice versa. It seem...

Wireless Printer Server and USB printer?
I just bought a Netgear WGPS606 wireless print server to connect my USB Canon BJC-8200 printer. It works fine. I could see and print to the printer over wireless but the big problem is that there is no printer status information returned (paper out, ink empty etc...). This same printer works fine (and displayed all printer information) as a direct-connect printer or shared network printer when it was connected directly to my desktop and print from my laptop. Am I missing something? I would think that a printer server just pass data from computer to the printer and vice versa. It seems that the printer server didn't pass data back to my laptop? Thanks for any suggestions! -mike- <johndoe_rider@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1119894720.500131.110780@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > I just bought a Netgear WGPS606 wireless print server to connect my USB > Canon BJC-8200 printer. It works fine. I could see and print to the > printer over wireless but the big problem is that there is no printer > status information returned (paper out, ink empty etc...). I believe this is a common problem with printer servers. Before you buy you have to check two things: a) That it supports your printer. b) How well it supports your printer. The lack of support for the "back channel" is quite common. "CWatters" <colin.watters@pandoraBOX.be> wrote in message news:xlXve.131568$Qy4.7039020@phobos.telenet-...

HELP: OS X.3.9 won't let my Epson R2400 be a Wireless Printer!
HELP: OS X.3.9 won't let my Epson R2400 be a Wireless Printer! I'm trying to make my Epson R2400 a wireless printer. I have Airport Express and USB. The R2400 prints perfect through corded FireWire. It shows up on the Airport and Print Pages as a Rendezvous printer, but won't let it be added as a USEABLE PRINTER. It hangs forever when it tries to "CREATING PRINTER". What can I do? ................................................................. Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at htt...

HELP: OS X.3.9 won't let my Epson R2400 be a Wireless Printer!
HELP: OS X.3.9 won't let my Epson R2400 be a Wireless Printer! I'm trying to make my Epson R2400 a wireless printer. I have Airport Express and USB. The R2400 prints perfect through corded FireWire. It shows up on the Airport and Print Pages as a Rendezvous printer, but won't let it be added as a USEABLE PRINTER. It hangs forever when it tries to "CREATING PRINTER". What can I do? ................................................................. Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com...

How Do I enable Windows XP Pro file and printer sharing resources using a Linksys wireless G Router
Can anyone help me enable Windows XP Pro file and printer sharing resources using a Linksys Wireless G Router (WRT54G)? So far, all the computers are able to connect to the internet and receive email. Also could the VPN Check Point firewall (www.checkpoint.com) hinder the file and printer sharing? My wireless network consists of one computer connected to... 1 Computer connected through the Linksys Wireless G Router which is wired through a CAT5e cable. 1 Computer using a Linksys Wireless-G PCI adapter (WMP54G) 1 Laptop using a Linksys Wireless-G Notebook adapter (WPC54G) Cheers t...

Ubuntu Lurid crapware: "hibernate hangs...ethernet disabled...no network...shutdown hangs...CD won't write...printer won't print"
"I wanted to upgrade but couldn't, for reasons not understood having to do with repository stuff. So I installed new ubuntu in dual boot with old ubuntu. Installed OK on my old e-machine. Then I decided to hibernate. Hung. Turned off power. Now the ethernet card is disabled on boot and I cannot get to network. Even if I ifconfig the card. Also, shutdown hangs like hibernate did. I have no clue how to fix this. Fortunately, old ubuntu still comes up and gets to network or I wouldn't be here. Unfortunately, cd rw won't write and printer won't print since ...

help in enabling Windows XP Pro file and printer sharing resources using a Linksys Wireless G Router?
Can anyone help me enable Windows XP Pro file and printer sharing resources using a Linksys Wireless G Router (WRT54G)? So far, all the computers are able to connect to the internet and receive email. Also could the VPN Check Point firewall (www.checkpoint.com) hinder the file and printer sharing? My wireless network consists of one computer connected to... 1 Computer connected through the Linksys Wireless G Router which is wired through a CAT5e cable. 1 Computer using a Linksys Wireless-G PCI adapter (WMP54G) 1 Laptop using a Linksys Wireless-G Notebook adapter (WPC54G) Cheers t...

OT: Network Printer 'NET USE ...'
Dear Friends: As the Admin user (and only user) on my development machine, at the CMD prompt on my WinXP Pro (sp2) machine, I use the following command (in a batch file): C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\NET USE LPT1 \\mycomputername\HP5650 /PERSISTENT:YES If I embed this same line in my autoexec.nt file, the command does *not* take effect ?? Question: Why does the above command work at the Command Prompt level (within a batch file), but does *not* work in autoexec.nt ? TIA, -Mel Smith Dear Mel Smith: "Mel Smith" <medsyntel@aol.com> wrote in message new...

Wireless printer sharing
Hi I've an Edimax wireless 11g ADSL Router with Edimax wireless LAN PCI cards in 3 PCs all running Win XP Pro. Wireless Internet access is no prob. but I have a Lexmark printer installed as shared on 1 PC. I cannot get the other 2 PCs to see the Lexmark printer over the network. The 2 PCs have local printers (Kyocera laser) installed no prob. Help would be much appreciated - I have looked through earlier threads-honest! Roger (UK) ...

Use a shared printer
How can I define and use a shared printer (printer: ThisPrt; Windows node: //MyNode) from a Linux node? Use Samba: http://samba.org It's an implementation of Windows File and Printer Sharing mechanism for Linux "PiEmme" <pmoro@optec-srl.com> wrote in message news:4d059c13.0307030725.2eae77da@posting.google.com... > How can I define and use a shared printer (printer: ThisPrt; Windows > node: //MyNode) from a Linux node? PiEmme wrote: > How can I define and use a shared printer (printer: ThisPrt; Windows > node: //MyNode) from a Linux n...

Web resources about - Printer sharing over wireless using Printopia - can't find printer - comp.dcom.sys.cisco

Printopia Pro - Enterprise class mobile printing
... AirPrint mobile printing for iPads and iPhones across your entire organization without rethinking your network or buying new printers. Printopia ...

Ending today:$49 iStack Mac Bundle – FX Photo Studio Pro, Camtasia, Crossover, Little Snapper, Printopia ...
... the bundles we’ve covered this holiday season , few have the headliners like FX Photo Studio Pro, Camtasia, Crossover, Little Snapper and Printopia ...

Printopia
My thanks to Ecamm Network for sponsoring this week’s DF RSS feed to promote Printopia. Printopia is a terrific Mac utility that makes any printer ...

Ecamm releases Printopia Pro for corporate users
Ecamm already makes the popular Printopia app; it's a Mac-based solution for printing from iOS devices (and other connected Macs) for those that ...

AirPrint for everyone goes corporate with Printopia Pro
Ecamm Software's Printopia is an excellent utility for Mac users who want to be able to print from iOS devices but don't want to invest in an ...

'Printopia' and 'FingerPrint' Bring AirPrint Functionality to Shared Printers
Last week, it was revealed that Apple had pulled support for using the forthcoming AirPrint wireless printing functionality for iOS 4.2 devices ...

Printopia Utility Software Review - Macworld
Printopia lets you print from any print-capable iOS app to any of your Mac's printers. Printopia also makes it easy to "print to PDF," saving ...

AirPrint on steroids: first look at Printopia, bringing shared printer support for iPad
When Apple removed AirPrint shared printer support from Mac OS X 10.6.5, it created a functionality gap that developers moved quickly to fill. ...

MacHeist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
MacHeist is a website that resells Mac OS X software . The site has become known for its marketing tactics. These tactics include challenges ...

ratb3rt - Android Central
Android BlackBerry iPhone / iPad Windows Phone webOS SIGN UP - LOG IN Android Central Forums News Reviews Help & how to Apps Devices Search Search ...