Route command

Hi,

I am posting a question here because a google groups search revealed
there had been a discussion of static IP addresses and the route command
in this group.

Question: Preamble: I use static addresses in my home PC farm with a
five port Ethernet switch. Addresses look like 192.168.1.X
For WiFi, and to connect to my wireless printer in the bedroom I use an
MK802 IIIs created Wifi hot spot. It creates a subnet in which addresses
look like 192.168.43.Z I would like a simpler way of printing from the
192.168.1.X subnet to 192.168.43.220 using the route command. (?) The
same issue applies to the printer device page at 192.168.43.220

The help for the route command in Windows is written as a refresher for
an expert. I don't understand.

Thanks in advance.
0
Norm
1/16/2016 1:01:01 AM
comp.dcom.sys.cisco 25313 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Have you thought about just giving you wndows device a 2nd IP? Her is how you do it: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8944860/how-to-create-an-ip-alias-on-windows

Tom
0
thomasjarseneault
1/17/2016 8:24:40 PM
On 2016-01-17 12:24 PM, thomasjarseneault@gmail.com wrote:
> Have you thought about just giving you wndows device a 2nd IP?

Her is how you do it: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/

8944860/how-to-create-an-ip-alias-on-windows

> Tom

[lines shortened for NNTP server]

Thanks Tom, but that solution does not appear to work. I tried it on two
Windows machines. I used the IP address that the hot spot at
192.168.43.1, would have assigned and it, as a second gateway and DNS. I
guess that Windows is not able to find a route. I use WiFi adapters to
access the printer but that solution appears to lack network hygiene.
Also in my network I use a Linux machine with both Ethernet cable
connection and WiFi to connect to my two networks. It is able to find
the wireless printer but not able to find a USB printer connected to a
Windows machine. I guess that may be a different problem, but it seems
to me that the Linux route command might help and give better network
hygiene.
0
Norm
1/19/2016 5:05:02 AM
Remember that the printer itself has to have a default route set up (192.168.43.1?) in order to route off-net.

A Windows static route would look like

route add 192.168.43.0 mask 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.X metric 2

Where X is replaced by the address of the router that knows how to reach the 192.168.43.x network.

Why place the printer on a diffrent subnet? An access point/bridge is probably a better choice.
0
remaker

Cisco!! Cisco!! Cisco!!
From http://groups.google.com/group/comp.dcom.sys.cisco/about Top posters This month 18 mer...@geeks.org 11 alagmy 10 bo...@hotmail.co.uk 9 galt...@hotmail.com 9 nom...@example.com 8 troffa...@hotmail.com 8 igor.mamuzicmakni_...@zg.t-com.hr 7 pfisterf...@gmail.com 7 darfun....@gmail.com 6 jfmezei.spam...@vaxination.ca All time 4799 rober...@ibd.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca 2930 aaron@cisco.com 2813 Merv 2370 t...@cisco.com 2356 vcjo...@networkingunlimited.com 1984 b...@cisco.com 1959 bar...@genuity.net 1898 hb...@_nyc.rr.com.remove_ 1745 u...@alp.ee.pbz 1670 bar...@bbnplanet.com -- ...

Cisco newbie with a routing problem with Cisco 2621
We recently changed providers, which has caused all sorts of headaches for me. The new ISP does not provide routers, but the sales rep found us a Cisco 2621 and someone to program it. Seeing as how I have had to have the programming corrected a couple of times already, I suspect my routing problem might stem from the Cisco. We have 4 concurrent Class C addresses, and all but one of the Class C's are working fine. The last one, xxx.xxx.208.1, will not allow access to certain (not all) websites or ftp servers. I have eliminated the DNS and DHCP on my end as the culprit (I believe), so I...

SYS$COMMAND
From the OpenVMS system documentation: "Although you can redefine SYS$COMMAND, DCL ignores your definition. DCL always uses the default definition for your initial input stream. However, if you execute an image that references SYS$COMMAND, the image can use your new definition." http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/731final/6489/6489pro_029.html It should probably read "the image will use your new definition". This is why DCL is guaranteed to react to ctrl-Y and it's hard to ensure that the image sees ctrl-Y. It's hard to get an image to ignore your definition...

What is the command/Is there a command...
to run a proc stored in a file other than the MD? If it is a Data Basic (Pick Basic) or Flash basic program at TCL you enter "run [filename][programname]" and the program executes. What if the "program" is a proc? Is there a tcl command that passes the tcl level excution command to another file? I am running a VB program and using the TclCommand object to run a tcl command which is actually a proc. the proc is stored in a file named "procs" Therefore, to run a proc I have to have an item in the MD thus: md,example 001 pq 002 [procs exa...

Cisco pix 515+ static routes between 2 cisco pix
Hello everybody... I have a big problem with static routes... i have 2 cisco pix 515 with ios 6.3 and 2 interfaces A) cisco pix "A" have 3 VPN tunnels to 3 diferent remotes office Network A (remote office 1) Network B (remote office 2) Network C (remote office 3) B) Cisco pix "B" has no vpn tunnels, but i need to those guys which are connected to this pix... have access to vpn`s tunnel (Network A-Network B-Network C) on PIX "A". C) internal interfaces of Pix "A" and "B" are in the same network and have connectivity eachother (i can ping int...

Route-Command
Hello, I thought it to be soo easy, but I can't get it working . . This is my easy routing table: Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface 192.168.1.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth0 default 192.168.1.1 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth0 There is temporarly one Workstation on the same switch with a different IP: 192.168.17.1 I understand, why I can't reach it. But which route-command can make me reach this host, too? Greetz, Heinrich On 2005-08-26, Heinrich L�pric...

About the route command
I've a doubt with route. I get this output when I run "route -n" : Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface 127.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 U 0 0 0 lo Shouldn't be the flag UH instead?, since localhost is a host, isn't it? TIA On 22 Apr 2007 06:26:36 -0700, Neroku <n370ku@gmail.com> wrote: > > > I've a doubt with route. I get this output when I run "route -n" : > > Kernel IP routing table > Destination Gateway Genmas...

Cisco commands
Hi all, just wondering if I have the correct newsgroup for this. I'm looking for great cisco commands on the routers; I mean commands that we can't find 123 so meaning Undocumented Cisco Commands / Unix Commands. Thanking you in advance, Terry Terry Mitchell wrote: > Hi all, > > just wondering if I have the correct newsgroup for this. > > I'm looking for great cisco commands on the routers; I mean commands that > we can't find 123 so meaning Undocumented Cisco Commands / Unix Commands. > > Thanking you in advance, > > Terry It sound...

Command Routing
Can anyone please give me a series of Messages( in sequence) processed in an MDI right from the time the aaplication gets started, user interaction( Ex. File Open/Save) till the point the user exits the application? It would be of great help to me. Thanks! Buddy, I'm assuming that you are asking about Command routing in MDI App. When any command is passed to framework 1.CView class(your derived class from CView)get the message and tries to handle.If it couldn't then 2.CDocument could handle. if not 3.CMDIFrameWnd 4.CWinApp Note- This is applicable only to commands pa...

Route Command
X-No-Archive: yes Greetz! How do you redirect the output of the 'route.exe' command to stdout for use with 'more.com' or outputting to a file? Thx! "Lamers Goin' Down" <CupCheck@Staples.Center> wrote in message news:q_F%b.5469$qo.2387@fe1.texas.rr.com... > X-No-Archive: yes > > Greetz! > > How do you redirect the output of the 'route.exe' command to stdout for use > with 'more.com' or outputting to a file? > > Thx! Ahhhhhhhh, n'mind. I couldn't wait for a reply so I figgered out a c...

command to list ALL the commands within Cisco IOS 12.1
Folks: What is th syntax of the command to list ALL the commands within Cisco IOS 12.1 Thanks, John. In article <pUcwb.214270$mZ5.1610909@attbi_s54>, JohnNews <johncarryl@comcast.net> wrote: :What is th syntax of the command to list ALL the commands within Cisco IOS :12.1 As far as I know, no such command exists. There are some hidden undocumented commands that do not show up via any mechanism that I have heard of. -- I was very young in those days, but I was also rather dim. -- Christopher Priest ...

Cisco pix 515 + static routes between 2 cisco pix
Hello everybody... I have a big problem with static routes... i have 2 cisco pix 515 with ios 6.3 and 2 interfaces A) cisco pix "A" have 3 VPN tunnels to 3 diferent remotes office Network A (remote office 1) Network B (remote office 2) Network C (remote office 3) B) Cisco pix "B" has no vpn tunnels, but i need to those guys which are connected to this pix... have access to vpn`s tunnel (Network A-Network B-Network C) on PIX "A". C) internal interfaces of Pix "A" and "B" are in the same network and have connectivity eachother (i can ping int...

what is . command and : command?
hello, I am confused with . command and : command usage. can anybody help me to understand it with simple examples? Thanks in advance. regards, rahul On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 13:15:14 -0400, <rahul8143@gmail.com> wrote: > hello, > I am confused with . command and : command usage. can anybody help me > to understand it with simple examples? > Thanks in advance. > regards, > rahul > > .. means execute the following script in "this" shell as if it were a part of this shell's input or script that is currently running. One use is ...

route command
Sir, I am using Sun Solaris5.8 OS with ingres database. Now i want permantly add one route command in my OS. but now i am using , after root login , then add route command. Kindly give one solutions. Shakthiwala At 2:46 AM -0700 9/25/03, Shakthi wrote: >Sir, > >I am using Sun Solaris5.8 OS with ingres database. > >Now i want permantly add one route command in my OS. > man defaultrouter You need an /etc/defaultrouter file containing the static route(s). -- Karl R. Schendel, Jr. schendel@kbcomputer.com K/B Computer Associates ...

Web resources about - Route command - comp.dcom.sys.cisco

Command - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mercedes S-Cabrio commands 11 percent premium over coupe
Filed under: Mercedes-Benz , Car Buying , Convertible , Luxury Mercedes released pricing for the new S-Class Cabriolet in Europe, which tells ...

How to start using Google app voice commands to make your life easier
... last time I used Siri for anything but to hear it beatbox (which is tragically awful), but as CNET points out in a new video, the voice commands ...

A rescue puppy is an internet star after learning to smile on command
... video that was viewed over 13 million times . The video was posted by Amanda Robles, his temporary foster owner. It shows him smiling on command, ...

Alabama Probate Judge Faces Conflicting Commands In Same-Sex Marriage Cases
A federal judge refuses to put an order striking down the state's ban on same-sex marriages on hold. Mobile County Probate Judge Don Davis now ...

North American Aerospace Defense Command Tracks Santa’s Flight « CBS New York
The North American Aerospace Defense Command is continuing its tradition of telling youngsters the location of Santa Claus on his annual storybook ...

Rescue puppy flashes "cheesy" grin on command
Video of American Staffordshire Terrier puppy smiling after being told to "Say Cheese" goes viral

IDG Contributor Network: Monkeying around on the bash command line in 2016
... quick-witted, optimistic, ambitious, etc. So, let's see what quick-witted, optimistic, ambitious things we can do to monkey around on the command ...

Germany’s Second In Command Denounces Saudi Funding Of Radical Islam Abroad
Germany’s Second In Command Denounces Saudi Funding Of Radical Islam Abroad

Disney Channel Commands Biggest Cable Crowd In Total Day For 2015
Disney Channel today boasted it had edged out Nickelodeon as the No. 1 ranked cable TV network in total viewers for total day for 2015. Disney ...