Router always Starting in ROMMON mode

If power fails then when my router starts always starting in rommon
mode.
Then when i type rommon1>reset router works fine.
How can i repair it.
I need it normally starts.
-1
ts.8060 (1)
11/17/2009 5:11:47 AM
comp.dcom.sys.cisco 25313 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

You need to change the configuration register.

rommon 1 >confreg 0x2102

Then you should reset.

Giorgos

--

NetPros Community
Connecting IT Pros from all over the World

On 17 =CD=EF=DD, 07:11, Ts8060 <ts.8...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If power fails then when my router starts always starting in rommon
> mode.
> Then when i type rommon1>reset router works fine.
> How can i repair it.
> I need it normally starts.

1
geoar75
11/17/2009 7:20:06 AM
Hi Ts8060,

check your register controller, what s the value, in the normal working way,
it have to be x02102,..
you can see the registers value in the ( show version command )
Have a good day

"Ts8060" <ts.8060@gmail.com> wrote in message
> If power fails then when my router starts always starting in rommon
> mode.
> Then when i type rommon1>reset router works fine.
> How can i repair it.
> I need it normally starts.

0
Fathi
11/18/2009 3:43:16 PM
On Nov 18, 7:43=A0am, "Fathi" <fath...@nortel.com> wrote:
> Hi Ts8060,
>
> check your register controller, what s the value, in the normal working w=
ay,
> it have to be x02102,..
> you can see the registers value in the ( show version command )
> Have a good day
>
> "Ts8060" <ts.8...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > If power fails then when my router starts always starting in rommon
> > mode.
> > Then when i type rommon1>reset router works fine.
> > How can i repair it.
> > I need it normally starts.

In Show Version command My Register Value is 0x2102.
But when power fails then router starts in rommon mode.
Can i fix it.
0
Ts8060
11/19/2009 1:03:40 AM
Ts8060 wrote:

> If power fails then when my router starts always starting in rommon
> mode.
> Then when i type rommon1>reset router works fine.
> How can i repair it.
> I need it normally starts.

Perhaps you have something connected to the console port which starts up
at the same time and sends the break signal.

--
http://www.mailtrap.org.uk/

0
Bob
11/22/2009 8:16:27 PM
In article <7mtkgrF3je7ojU1@mid.individual.net>, numpty@
1.individual.mailtrap.org.uk says...
> Ts8060 wrote:
>
> > If power fails then when my router starts always starting in rommon
> > mode.
> > Then when i type rommon1>reset router works fine.
> > How can i repair it.
> > I need it normally starts.
>
> Perhaps you have something connected to the console port which starts up
> at the same time and sends the break signal.

That was my thought as well.  I found that leaving the console port
connnected to Windows NT when they both were coming up after a power
loss would put the router into rommon mode.  I just scripted up the
commands to reset the router, and set the script to run at OS startup.
That slightly delays the router coming on line, but it worked fine.
(once we changed OSs on the computer, it wasn't an issue any more).

--
/~\ The ASCII
\ / Ribbon Campaign

newsgroups if possible).

0
David

Cisco 6500
We have a Catalyst 6500 that arrived in router mode and we need it in switch mode. Any suggestions on how to get the SUP to consistently load in Switch or hybrid mode? Thanks in advance. W artykule <ds6re19hos2713nupbpcl5jshrj22u9dp7@4ax.com> tubagod@mesanetworks.net napisa�(a): > > We have a Catalyst 6500 that arrived in router mode and we need it in > switch mode. > > Any suggestions on how to get the SUP to consistently load in Switch > or hybrid mode? On Sup720 by default all interfaces work in router mode. If you'd like to change it,just add switchp...

oracle service always at starting mode
hi, I've created database in oracle 8i, after created database, the service was started, after i restart the pc, the status for this service is always Starting, it cant start and stop. Is there any setting need to be done? skyloon wrote: > hi, > I've created database in oracle 8i, after created database, the service > was started, after i restart the pc, the status for this service is > always Starting, it cant start and stop. Is there any setting need to > be done? I can't imagine why you would install an unsupported antique like 8i. But given that you did go int...

cisco isdn router 26xx series problem with routing to another cisco router
Hello, we got ve' got a short problem with a router. this router shut make a dialup connection to another router. the dialin connection works fine and there is no problem. this router with the address 10.10.18.254 shut make a connection to the remote router with the ip 10.40.1.254 . when we send a ping to the 10.40.1.100 then is there no activity, but we can't see if the router dials or not. and so we not able to detect the failure. any Ideas ???? and here is the config file: Current configuration : 1835 bytes ! version 12.3 no service pad service timestamps debug uptime serv...

3600 boots always in rommon mode
Hello folks! I upgrade my 3600 image (to 12.3(17b)) and now the router enters always in rommon mode after a reload command or power off-on. I've got 2 solutions to boots up ok: 1) If I write "rommon> boot (+ Enter)" using Hyperterminal the router starts up OK, but 'show version' shows 'configuration register 0x0' (doesn't keep the register value I order it before reload) 2) Other solution to boots the image: rommon1>confreg boot: rom monitor console speed: 9600 . . rommon1> confreg 0x2102 rommon1> reset And the router boots up...

Squid in transperent Mode with Cisco Router
Hi, I have a Squid running in a Swell Box ( Redhat Linux as OS).Wants to use it as a transparent proxy in my network. I have a Cisco Router 3845 ( IOS 12.3(11r)T2.) connected to the ISP. I uses live ip addreses in my internal network. Wants to use the Squid for Caching. But don't wants to point to the Proxy in Internet Explorer. By default i should be able to use the Caching facility. Also wants to keep the individual Live IP identity. In short wants to run in transperent mode. Please suggest config for both. Thanks a ton in advance :) Kind Regards, SD "SD" <Dey.Saroj@g...

Cisco!! Cisco!! Cisco!!
From http://groups.google.com/group/comp.dcom.sys.cisco/about Top posters This month 18 mer...@geeks.org 11 alagmy 10 bo...@hotmail.co.uk 9 galt...@hotmail.com 9 nom...@example.com 8 troffa...@hotmail.com 8 igor.mamuzicmakni_...@zg.t-com.hr 7 pfisterf...@gmail.com 7 darfun....@gmail.com 6 jfmezei.spam...@vaxination.ca All time 4799 rober...@ibd.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca 2930 aaron@cisco.com 2813 Merv 2370 t...@cisco.com 2356 vcjo...@networkingunlimited.com 1984 b...@cisco.com 1959 bar...@genuity.net 1898 hb...@_nyc.rr.com.remove_ 1745 u...@alp.ee.pbz 1670 bar...@bbnplanet.com -- ...

net/ssh for enable mode on cisco router
I am having trouble getting into enable mode and running commands on a cisco router using ssh. The following code allows me to successfully login and run a command and display the output: ----------------------------------- require "rubygems" require "net/ssh" Net::SSH.start( '10.1.1.1', 'jackster', :password => "my_password" ) do |ssh_connection| ssh_connection.open_channel do |channel| channel.on_data do |ch, data| puts data end channel.exec "sh arp" do |ch, success| if success puts "command has begun executing...

cisco routers and netgear routers
Currently we have a VPN that uses a C2621 as the hub and 1721 and 837 as spokes. A client wants to add a NetGear 328 in the VPN, which is fine with us, but from what their engineer is saying there are problems with having a NetGear as a spoke in the VPN. Since the VPN is using eigrp does anyone know if this is the cause of the NetGear issue. In other words do all routers handle eigrp protocol or is this strictly a cisco protocol to be used by Cisco routers. Is the a fix to get the Netgear to work? Most of NetGear routers have pass-thru VPN, but this one is supposed to be a terminating rou...

Used Cisco Used Cisco Router Used Cisco Switch At LinkWaves Corp
Hello Guys, Please let me know if you need Cisco. Will take offers WS-X6704-10GE $8390 (CFC) WS-X6724-SFP $7300 ( CFC) PA-MC-8TE1+ $5295 PA-MC-STM-1SMI $12900 4GE-SFP-LC $21995 WS-F6700-DFC3BXL $7400 SA-VAM, $1199/each WS-C3750G-24PS-S, $3599/each 6E3-SMB, $5500/each 8FE-FX-SC-B, $899/each PA-A3-E3, $799/each PA-MC-8T1 $1500/each OSM-8OC3-POS-MM $3500/each OSM-2OC12-POS-MM $3499/each OSM-2OC12-POS-SI $5599/each WS-X6502-10GE $1995/each PA-A3-8E1-IMA $1550/each PA-A3-8T1-IMA $1440/each PA-MCX-8TE1-M $6200/each PA-MC-8TE1+ $5500/each PA-MC-STM-1SMI $12900/each NM-8T1-IMA $750/each NM-1GE $2200/...

Cisco 350 adapters and Draytek 2600/2900 routers and WPA modes?
Hi, Does anyone have any application data on this subject? I've done searches without much success. Basically, I am trying to get several laptops, *some* of which have the 350 adapter and others have the Linksys WPC54G, to work with these Draytek routers, using something stronger than plain WEP. The computers run winXP Pro, or win2000. There is no "domain" so presumably domain based authentication isn't feasible. In addition to wide open, the Drayteks support the following modes (quoted verbatim): WEP WEP/802.1x only WEP or WPA/PSK WEP 802.1x or WPA 802.1x WPA/PSK only ...

Cisco router with multiple paths non BGP & failover mode
I have an odd setup. I have a Cisco router with a T1 connected to it, and Ethernet 100 doing routing. I've added a 54Mb/s line of site long haul network extender. This extends my logical network all the way out to the Cisco router. So now the router has FA1 plugged into this long haul device with a network on my local LAN. I've setup the VLAN and routing so that traffic flows from Fast Ethernet 0 to Fast Ethernet 1 with no metric, and then through the T1 as a higher metric. I've configured my router at my main facility to route to the remote logical network via the IP addre...

Cisco 1750 Router Cisco QoS Device Manager Cisco VPN Device Manager
Hello can my tell who can find the installfiles for 1750 Router Qos Device Manager and Cisco VPN Device Manager!!! thanks R. Kuhn ...

Connecting a Cisco Router to a Lucent Router
I'm trying to connect a Cisco2610XM using a PRI WAN Module to a Lucent MAX6000 router. I can connect to the MAX6000 but get dropped straight away. have verified E1 (line)connection is good, Cisco configuration is good and Lucent config is good. Any ideas geekmachine64@yahoo.com.au (Geek) wrote in message news:<1061534e.0311152313.5f98fd88@posting.google.com>... > I'm trying to connect a Cisco2610XM using a PRI WAN Module to a Lucent > MAX6000 router. > > I can connect to the MAX6000 but get dropped straight away. have > verified E1 (line)connecti...

Cisco IOS for Cisco router 2503.
Hi Folks, I have purchased the above-mentioned router from ebay and I want to upgrade the IOS to version 12.3.19. I have contacted Cisco systems to sell the IOS image to me, but their answer was that since it is a discontinued product, it is not supported and hence they cannot provide me the IOS cdrom for the above-mentioned router. Basically the image I am looking for is: c2500-i-I.123.bin. If a anybody has a copy of this image archived on their TFTP server, can you please let me know. Any suggestions are also welcomed. Note: I am building a CCNP lab at home and this router is it...

Web resources about - Router always Starting in ROMMON mode - comp.dcom.sys.cisco

Starting Over (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Six women at a time work to overcome obstacles and meet personal goals. When it is determined that a woman has met all her goals, she "graduates" ...

Wikipedia:Starting an article - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a page about writing a new article, not the place to actually write it! If you would like to experiment, please use the sandbox or your ...

Facebook Aims To Curb App Spam: Starting Oct. 2, Developers Can No Longer Use API To Post Directly To ...
Starting Oct. 2, applications on Facebook will no longer be able to use its application-programming interfaces to post stories directly to the ...

Starting work on Luleå building 2
It’s been less than a year since we first started serving traffic from our Luleå data center; one of the greenest, most cutting-edge facilities ...

ImplementingScrum - Starting Tough Conversations about Software Development
Scrum Cartoons. Scrum Teams are made up of a ScrumMaster, Product Owner & Team Members. Start those difficult conversations today.

Facebook starting rollout of image-focused sidebar ads
In April, Facebook announced that it is making the images in sidebar ads much bigger . The company recently notified Preferred Marketing Developers ...

Iowa Starting Line (@IAStartingLine) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Iowa Starting Line @ IAStartingLine ...

Starting Anew
... At some point in your career, maybe you too have made the life-altering decision to start anew. If so, you know firsthand how exciting, Starting ...

Barry Lehrer: Over 50 and just starting up
How I started a human resources tech startup at the age of 52 which attracted $2 million in investment and turns over more than $200,000 a year. ...

The starting gun is fired on a new political year in Canberra
The political year begins in earnest on Tuesday with speculation about an election date already off and running.