Site-to-Site VPN & VPN Server

We currently have a site-to-site VPN.  We would like to also setup our own
VPN so our agents can work from home.  When I use the SDM to setup the VPN
server, it takes down the site-to-site.

Questions are:
1) Is this possible, if so, then thats great :-)
2) If it is possible, is SDM the best in setting up this?  Can I have the
same IP Sec Policy for both vpns?

0
Frank
9/11/2007 4:02:11 PM
comp.dcom.sys.cisco 25313 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

I haven't had any luck using SDM.  Best to go on to CCO and look for some
sample configs to help you with this.  If you cannot find any, then post
your config, and take out the IP"s and passwords so we are not tempted to
hack you.  <Grin>

ME

"Frank D" <fderenne@nospam.sterlingcg.com> wrote in message
> We currently have a site-to-site VPN.  We would like to also setup our own
> VPN so our agents can work from home.  When I use the SDM to setup the VPN
> server, it takes down the site-to-site.
>
> Questions are:
> 1) Is this possible, if so, then thats great :-)
> 2) If it is possible, is SDM the best in setting up this?  Can I have the
> same IP Sec Policy for both vpns?

0
Mr
9/11/2007 8:07:01 PM
On Sep 11, 11:07 pm, "Mr. Nobody" <n...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> I haven't had any luck using SDM.  Best to go on to CCO and look for some
> sample configs to help you with this.  If you cannot find any, then post
> your config, and take out the IP"s and passwords so we are not tempted to
> hack you.  <Grin>
>
> ME
>
> "Frank D" <fdere...@nospam.sterlingcg.com> wrote in message

> > We currently have a site-to-site VPN.  We would like to also setup our own
> > VPN so our agents can work from home.  When I use the SDM to setup the VPN
> > server, it takes down the site-to-site.
>
> > Questions are:
> > 1) Is this possible, if so, then thats great :-)
> > 2) If it is possible, is SDM the best in setting up this?  Can I have the
> > same IP Sec Policy for both vpns?

Hi,

yes, it is possible to have at the same time server and site to site
VPN.
You need to configure Easy VPN server  first and then reconfigure the
site to site VPN. Use SDM, it's much more easier than the CLI.

hope this helps

Nikos

0
sek
9/12/2007 10:22:36 AM
I have actually done that at first: configure easy VPN server then
Site-to-site.  I had to remove a couple of lines to get the site to site to
work.

Can both VPN's use the same IP Sec policy?

"sek" <nsekeris@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Sep 11, 11:07 pm, "Mr. Nobody" <n...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>> I haven't had any luck using SDM.  Best to go on to CCO and look for some
>> sample configs to help you with this.  If you cannot find any, then post
>> your config, and take out the IP"s and passwords so we are not tempted to
>> hack you.  <Grin>
>>
>> ME
>>
>> "Frank D" <fdere...@nospam.sterlingcg.com> wrote in message

>> > We currently have a site-to-site VPN.  We would like to also setup our
>> > own
>> > VPN so our agents can work from home.  When I use the SDM to setup the
>> > VPN
>> > server, it takes down the site-to-site.
>>
>> > Questions are:
>> > 1) Is this possible, if so, then thats great :-)
>> > 2) If it is possible, is SDM the best in setting up this?  Can I have
>> > the
>> > same IP Sec Policy for both vpns?
>
> Hi,
>
> yes, it is possible to have at the same time server and site to site
> VPN.
> You need to configure Easy VPN server  first and then reconfigure the
> site to site VPN. Use SDM, it's much more easier than the CLI.
>
> hope this helps
>
> Nikos

0
Frank
9/13/2007 5:41:24 PM
Suggest you post info regarding the equipment being used - models and
software versions to assist responders.

You may also want to post sanitized configs.

0
Merv