troubleshoot port forwarding problem

I am using a cisco 831 for my home office dsl connect to the internet.
The port forwarding I am setting up on the router does not appear to be
working.  I have connected a PC to the service port of the 831.

Is there a command I can run thru the service port that would help me
trace down my port forwarding problem?  What would be neat is if the
router could tell me that, yes, inbound traffic was received on port
3008 and this is what was done with that traffic.

thanks,

-Steve

comp.dcom.sys.cisco 25313 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Steve,

"show ip nat translations"

Will give you all the NAT translations configured on the box.

Post your config if you like, might get a better idea.

Rob

0
RobO
5/9/2005 4:37:59 PM
RobO wrote:
> Steve,
>
> "show ip nat translations"
>
> Will give you all the NAT translations configured on the box.
>
> Post your config if you like, might get a better idea.
>
> Rob

hope this is readable:

Router>show ip nat translations
Pro Inside global      Inside local       Outside local      Outside
global
tcp 138.89.132.103:3202 10.10.10.2:3202   193.195.69.20:80
193.195.69.20:80
tcp 138.89.132.103:3008 10.10.10.160:3008 ---                ---
tcp 138.89.132.103:1521 10.10.10.2:1521   216.73.86.58:80
216.73.86.58:80
tcp 138.89.132.103:4620 10.10.10.2:4620   64.233.161.147:80
64.233.161.147:80
tcp 138.89.132.103:1049 10.10.10.2:1049   192.168.1.160:139
192.168.1.160:139
tcp 138.89.132.103:1057 10.10.10.2:1057   192.168.1.160:445
192.168.1.160:445
tcp 138.89.132.103:1142 10.10.10.2:1142   66.28.209.210:80
66.28.209.210:80

-------------------------------------

the port 3008 is the one I am trying to forward.  What is "outside
local" and "outside global"?  Is that for outbound traffic?

I want a socket program running on my godaddy hosted web site to be
able to connect to a socket program on a system inside my network.  The
error I get is "the connected party has failed to respond"

Can I run a trace on the cisco 831 which will show me if the router is
receiving any traffic on port 3008 and what it is doing with it?

thanks,

-Steve

0
Steve
5/9/2005 7:52:19 PM
Steve,

Does that PC(10.10.10.160) listen on port 3008???

The inside global is your external IP address.
The inside local is the internal IP address to which the port is being
mapped.
The outside global/local is the source IP address which is connecting
to your router.

NB!!!

***What is the program you want to connect TO? and what port does this
use?
You mentioned a web server?
According to your last post the mapping is to internal port 3008 on
10.10.10.160 does that listen on TCP port 3008?

***Do you have any access-lists in place that could be blocking port
3008?

Maybe just post your whole config if you dont mind (remove all
passwords etc) so I can have a look.

Rob

0
RobO

Problem with nat and port forwarding with Cisco 877W
Hi!! I have just finished my personal configuration, everything works pretty, but the nat does not forward any port... so that emule or voip doesn't work. Can you check my config and tell me what is wrong? I have a Cisco 877W with IOS 12-24.15T6. My config: ******************************************** no service pad service timestamps debug datetime msec service timestamps log datetime msec no service password-encryption ! hostname Router ! boot-start-marker boot system flash c870-advipservicesk9-mz.124-15.T6.bin boot-end-marker ! logging buffered 4096 ! no aaa new-model clock timezone...

To Port Forward or Not To Port Forward
System: DP MDD G4, OS 10.4.9 Inet connection: DSL with static i.p.,Broadcom Gateway to Linksys WRT54G Wireless Router using DHCP, 1 computer connected via enet, 3 connected wirelessly, basic home use only Wireless security is very basic: Unique router name and pw, SSID disabled, and connections allowed by MAC addresses only, Linksys firewall is enabled with all the other features set to their defaults, Mac OS firewall is disabled I recently purchased a Logitec QuickCam Pro 5000 webcam that works just fine with iChat right out of the box. Learning how to use it I found some Apple docs and ot...

port forwarding problem
Hi all-- I cannot seem to get my webserver seen by the outside world. I've set up a tomcat 6.0 webserver on port 8080 on my WinXP laptop. If I browse http://localhost:8080, the tomcat init page pops up, no problem. However, If I go to an external network on my mobile cellphone and browse XXXX:8080, timeout occurs, no dice. I've checked all the forums and have gone through what I see as the main culprits, but to no avail. To me, there are three steps the request has to take where it could be breaking down: 1) from external webbrowser to my router This works, because ...

Cisco Port forwarding
I have a Cisco 2600 set up for nat. I just set up a Linux box and would like to do port forwarding on the cisco so I can access it via ssh, but don't know how to configure it. I have cable so that has a dynamic address going to the Cisco. ...

Port forwarding problem
Hi i'm running a video server using vlc, the video server do multicast in 239.x.x.x port 11111, here everything is ok, the streaming is reached in a stb amino, and i can get the streaming directly to my tv without problems, but when i try to get the streaming outside my LAN can't get it, i do port trigger to 11111 in the router, and in the stb i use igmp://mywanipaddress:11111, i tried to do a port forwarding, but my router (Linksys BEFW11S4) only let me do port forwarding to 192.168.x.x address, that's why i decided to do a port trigger, can anyboy tell me what am i doing wrong?, ...

port forwarding problem
Ok I am stumped. I used port forwarding on my Netgear rp614 router. But when I try to verify the port through GRC sight it tells me it is stealth. I know that the problem is not the router since I tried it on another computer and it works fine, port is opened. Both systems have winxp sp2, they both have the same virus checker and both have windows firewall turned off. So why am I getting stealth mode on one computer and opened port on another with same router. I need these ports opened in order to use VNC. Thanks in advance "Sal" <erables40@gmail.com> wrote in message news:f57...

Port forwarding problem
Hi i'm running a video server using vlc, the video server do multicast in 239.x.x.x port 11111, here everything is ok, the streaming is reached in a stb amino, and i can get the streaming directly to my tv without problems, but when i try to get the streaming outside my LAN can't get it, i do port trigger to 11111 in the router, and in the stb i use igmp://mywanipaddress:11111, i tried to do a port forwarding, but my router (Linksys BEFW11S4) only let me do port forwarding to 192.168.x.x address, that's why i decided to do a port trigger, can anyboy tell me what am i doing wrong?, ...

Problem with port forwarding
We currently have a setup like this: Firewall/Mail server dual homed. Machines on the internal network are setup to go to a proxy of 192.168.1.2 port 8002. Due to server load we moved the caching/filter service off the 192.168.1.2 server to another dedicated server on the same network about 4-5 years ago. This server runs Dansguardian/Squid and is on 192.168.1.50 port 8080. With iptables the 192.168.1.2:8002 was forwarded to 192.168.1.50:8080. This works beautiful, and has for 5 years. We are upgrading to SmoothWall / School Guardian and have it installed on another server within the 192.168...

problem with port forwarding
hi there, I have following problem with ssh port forwarding: - ssh and sftp sessions are functional - it is "SSH Secure Shell 3.2.9" to "OpenSSH_3.4p1" on SuSe 8.1 - port forwarding can be defined and the client listens to the specified port - when a connection is requested, a channel is opened and the daemon tries to establish connection on the server side. - the server sees "connection refused" (?), and closes the channel - if I try connection to the same local port on the server withing the same ssh session with telnet - it works - it is unclear to me why sshd would not be able to establish the connection. - sshd in debug-mode gives following output: -----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<----- 21822: debug1: server_request_direct_tcpip: originator 127.0.0.1 port 1403, target localhost port 3306 21822: debug1: fd 11 setting TCP_NODELAY 21822: debug2: fd 11 is O_NONBLOCK 21822: debug2: fd 11 is O_NONBLOCK 21822: debug1: channel 2: new [direct-tcpip] 21822: debug1: server_input_channel_open: confirm direct-tcpip 21822: debug1: channel 2: not connected: Connection refused 21822: debug1: channel 2: zombie 21822: debug1: channel 2: garbage collecting 21822: debug1: channel_free: channel 2: direct-tcpip, nchannels 3 -----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<----- telnet (on the client side, using port forwarding): ~> telnet localhost 3306 Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to silver. Escape character is '^]'. ...

Port Forwarding: Device:Port = Router:Port?
- Webcam's IP addr = 10.0.0.140, and it's set up to use port 8000 - Router's IP addr = 1.0.0.1, and it's port forwarding is set up to forward port 8000 to 10.0.140. - I can view the camera using 10.0.0.140:8000, no problem. The Question: Should I be able to view the camera using 10.0.0.1:8000? -- PeteCresswell On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 08:13:01 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)" <x@y.Invalid> wrote: > - Webcam's IP addr = 10.0.0.140, and it's set up to > use port 8000 > > - Router's IP addr = 1.0.0.1, and...

Port forwarding on Cisco 837

Small port forwarding problem
My network consists of an ADSL router on 192.168.2.1, feeding into my FreeBSD 4.5 box (192.168.2.2 and 192.168.1.1). The 192.168.1.x is the internal LAN range and the ADSL router is forwarding all traffic to 192.168.1.1, where it's handled by the FreeBSD box. What I'd like to do is forward all traffic on port 3455 UDP to 192.168.1.14. I've added the rule: $fwcmd add divert 3455 udp from any to 192.168.1.14 which I thought would do it, but isn't, so I'm missing something simple somewhere. The ultimate aim of this is to be able to play Painkiller online, and it needs port 3455 udp to be open. Which it is. Any thoughts? Thanks. Jim -- Find me at http://www.ursaminorbeta.co.uk AIM/iChatAV: JCAndrew2 "We deal in the moral equivalent of black holes, where the normal laws of right and wrong break down; beyond those metaphysical event horizons there exist ... special circumstances" - Use Of Weapons "Jim" <jim@magrathea.plus.com> wrote in message news:1ggcssh.14r457b1xyu94eN%jim@magrathea.plus.com... > I've added the rule: > > $fwcmd add divert 3455 udp from any to 192.168.1.14 Not like this. http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-natd.html natd_flags="-f /etc/natd.conf" # to rc.conf /etc/natd.conf: redirect_port tcp 10.0.0.5:6881-6900 6881-6900 Pertti Kosunen <pertti.kosunen@pp.nic.fi> wrote: > > $fwcmd...

dynamic port forwarding problem
Hi all, I am using cygwin+openssh(3.8.1p1) to get access from my office(Windows XP) to home(FreeBSD) and I have some problems to use SSH dynamic port forwarding. In the office, there is a firewall and a proxy server. Every FTP and HTTP access to the internet must use that server. Since I don't want to leave all my footprint on the server, I started to use the dynamic port forwarding of openssh. In my Windows machine in office, I type: % ssh -D 5008 homehost -l homeuser otp-md5 229 na3625 ext S/Key Password: otp-md5 232 na0815 ext S/Key Password: otp-md5 232 na0815 ext S/Key Password: homeuser@homehost's password: -- welcome message -- $ Then, I set the proxies of the Internet Explorer as follows: http: secure: ftp: gopher: socks: localhost port: 5008 I left the http/secure/ftp/gopher settings blank. Then I started to surfing the network. Some web page seems OK, but most are not accessable. For example, www.whitehouse.gov is OK, but www.google.com is not. The Internet Explorer seems waiting there for the response from the web server. In my SSH prompt window, I checked the network connection. % netstat Active Internet connections Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address (state) tcp4 0 0 homehost.3911 216.239.53.99.http ESTABLISHED .... 216.239.53.99 is the address of www.google.com. The connection seems to be established but no response shows on my Windows machine. Is there anybody know the reason? Th...

Port Forwarding: Troubleshooting Strategy?
Somehow, I've messed up port forwarding, but can't figure out how to localize the problem. Just changed from a Verizon DSL modem/router to a Comcast Cable modem (Arris TG862) which, judging from various threads I've come across, is somewhat infamous for it's port forwarding - or lack thereof. It *looks* like I have port forwarding is properly config'd on the TG862, but it's not happening when I try to get to the device in question over the WAN. I can ping the modem but, AFAIK, there is no way to ping the device to which the port is supposed tb forwarded....

ssh port forwarding problem
Hi, I want to forward a local port from mysystem to a webserver on port 80. I use OpenSSH (OpenSSH_3.0.2p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090601f) on all my systems. The command I use is: ssh -L 9110:webserver:80 mysystem The problem is that an interactive session with mysystem is started. I added some debug, and this is what it shows: " debug1: Sent encrypted session key. debug1: Installing crc compensation attack detector. debug1: Received encrypted confirmation. debug1: Trying RSA authentication via agent with 'me' debug1: Remote: Adding to environment: SSH_USER=me debug1: Received RSA challenge from server. debug1: Sending response to RSA challenge. debug1: Remote: RSA authentication accepted. debug1: RSA authentication accepted by server. debug1: Requesting pty. debug1: Connections to local port 9110 forwarded to remote address webserver:80 debug1: Local forwarding listening on 127.0.0.1 port 9110. debug1: fd 6 setting O_NONBLOCK debug2: fd 6 is O_NONBLOCK debug1: channel 0: new [port listener] debug1: Requesting shell. debug1: Entering interactive session. " As you can see, the forwarding starts but an interactive session is started???? I am doing something wrong here? Any help much appreciated. Kris Hi! AFAIK, this is correct. If you don't want an interactive shell use -N option. BTW, RTFM... dompie wrote: > Hi, > > I want to forward a local port from mysystem to a webserver on port > 80. > I use OpenSSH (OpenSSH_3.0...

Small port forwarding problem
Hello, I am having a small problem with my port forwarding setup on my computer. I essentially want to forward incoming connections to my linux server to a port on a local machine behind the server. I have read that this is a quite common thing to do. I was having some problems with getting that working, so i decided to test the idea on my stand-alone machine, just using the local loopback. I want to forward incomming connections to an arbitary port (say, 4444) to port 23, which (according to my limited theory of the internet) should mean that I can get to my telnet service on my local mach...

Vnc problem with port forwarding
Hi, I could not connect to the vnc server through port forwaring . I have a linux_server (on which sshd server is running) and vnc_server(vnc server is running) 1. Run the vncserver on the vnc_server(In my case terminal four is running its list). 2. Configure the linux_server /etc/ssh/sshd_config with "GatewayPorts yes" then restart the sshd. 3. Configure the vncserver machine for remote listening with ssh -R 5904:localhost:5900 linux_server .(My vnc_server is running on the 5904 and i m executing command from the vnc_server ) 4. Then i try to connect to the vnc_serve...

sonicwall problem with port forwarding
I'm trying to forward port 800 from the net to a local ip in my network. i can't seem to connect at all even though the local pc is running the server looking on port 800 and the sonicwall seems to be set up properly. I've got in the sonicwall network a rule set up to forward and it seems everything is set proper. I'm running the TZ150 with SonicOS standard 3.0.0.0.23s i go like this. 1: firewall 2: firewall rules 3: add 4: action allow, always, service port 800 special rule i created 5: source wan, destination wan, source * lan 192.168.168.7 both fields start and stop 6...

Port forwarding on a cisco 827
Hello. I have a CISCO 827 connected to my network. I has a dynamic IP supplyied by my ISP, and it is connected to the LAN with an IP 10.0.0.81. I need that every access to this 827 from the Internet, through port 3389 (Terminal Sever) will be forwarded to a Terminal Server in my LAN with the IP 10.0.0.3. How do I configure the 827 to accomplish this? Thanks in advanced for any answer, ArielM This is how I forward port 80 to 192.168.1.3 on my 806 router. you should be able to do the same. ip nat inside source static TCP 192.168.1.3 80 interface Ethernet1 80 Best regards Johnny "...

Port forwarding with Cisco 837
Hi All. Got a wierd issue here, I'm hoping someone has seen this one. I've got a Cisco 837 Router, running IOS 12.3(7)XR3. I have a DSL connection through Bellsouth, connecting through a Dialer interface. I have currently configured port forwarding to allow PC Anywhere traffic from the internet into a specific inside host. After applying the Access-List and NAT statements, port-forwarding works as it should. I have no trouble accessing the inside hosts via PC Anywhere. When the router is rebooted, upon the successful boot, I am no longer able to connect remotly using PC Anywhere. I g...

Port Forwarding with Cisco 871??
I hope somebody has some ideas on this, cause it's making me crazy. It's probably something dirt simple I'm overlooking. We have a Netopia DSL "modem", which provides us with four static IP's. We take one of those IPs, and run it to a CISCO 871 (which provides a VPN that I don't think is pertinent to the problem.). The CISCO is also doing DHCP, and NATing to a 192.168.0.x LAN. All seems to be working fine, until I try to "Port forward" Ports 25, 80, and 110 from the outside WAN through to a server on the LAN. The Netopia seems to be doing it's...

Which ports to forward on my linksys to cisco
Hi, My office has a cisco router which has been setup to allow VPN connections. This has been working for 4+years. At home, I have a router from Adelphia which works for connecting through vpn to my office using a Windows 2000 PC with the MS vpn client software. I just purchased a Linksys router (Model BEFSR41) so that I can have a number of PCs and servers setup in my home which can connect to the internet. I am using static IPs internally due to Sun Servers and not really interested in doing DHCP with those. Everything seems to be working except with the VPN connection to work. ...

Cisco and Playstation Port forwarding
Hello One and All, To all those Playstation geeks who also use Cisco equipment too..... I am basically asking for your comments on a little tutorial I have written on how to perform port forwarding specifically for Playstation2 games using a Cisco routers. Oh my website http://www.jlsnet.co.uk/index.php?tab=2&page=cc_playstation2 (or see below) I have written what I think are a few possibilities on how to setup a Cisco router to help with port forwarding for Multiplayer Games such as Medal of Honour, SOCOM etc... I would greatly appreciate your comments on this tutorial, do ...

PIX Port Forwarding Problem
I've been trying for some time to get my PIX 515 firewall to allow HTTP requests to pass through and go to a web server hosted on my internal network.Unfortunately I have not managed to get this working - even after reading numerous articles.The scenario is that the outside interface is connected to a cable modem and the WAN IP address is assigned through DHCP by my ISP.My PIX config is shown below, I want www requests to my dynamic IP address to be passed through to an internal web server at 192.168.1.150?Can anyone see what is wrong with my configuration?asdm image flash:/asdm-50...

Web resources about - troubleshoot port forwarding problem - comp.dcom.sys.cisco

Measure, optimize, and troubleshoot your Facebook Platform integrations with Platform Insights.
Measure, optimize, and troubleshoot your Facebook Platform integrations with Platform Insights.

App Store - AT&T U-verse Troubleshoot & Resolve Mobile
Get AT&T U-verse Troubleshoot & Resolve Mobile on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Roger Penske makes flying visit to troubleshoot V8 problems
Even by the standard of his famously relentless schedule, American magnate Roger&nbsp;Penske's visit to Perth last weekend to review his racing ...

Troubleshoot - English Premier League - Fox Sports
Since 2004, Fox Sports staff have been invited to participate in our workplace giving program, On Air Care, raising valuable funds for the community. ...

How To Troubleshoot a Failing Home-based Business
... built your eCommerce business. Unfortunately, you only made a little money. You made more than enough to take the […] The post How To Troubleshoot ...

White House aide arrives to troubleshoot Phoenix VA
President Barack Obama's emissary went to the Carl T. Hayden Medical Center Thursday to review Phoenix VA operations.

Troubleshoot application launch issues with WinPrefetchView
... startup, though even if you weren’t there. It’s also small, portable and easy to use, and we think it deserves a place in everyone’s troubleshooting ...

Troubleshoot your Wi-Fi connection with 86% off NetSpot Pro
... favorite show on Netflix, and about an hour before you need to submit something to your boss. Until now, that is. We're making it easy to troubleshoot ...

SpaceX launch up in the air as NASA troubleshoots glitch aboard space lab
Power knocked out to backup computer unit; NASA managers approve contingency spacewalk to replace "black box"

The BYOD Troubleshoot: Security and Cost-Savings
Bring-your-own-device, or BYOD, programs in the enterprise can liberate employees and trim the bottom line. But it also brings hidden costs and ...