Tying up Port Login table entries with Port Table Entries in CISCO SNMP

In a monitoring app I am writing I plan on using SNMP to obtain
for each port on an MDS9000 CISCO switch the remote host WWN and
remote port WWN, with the aim of producing a table as follows:

   Port     Port     Remote      Remote
    No      WWN     Host WWN    Port WWN
     1     a.b.c     d.e.f        g.h.i
     2     j.k.l       -            -        <-- not connected
     3     m.n.o     p.q.r        s.t.u
       :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I _thought_ this information could be obtained by referring to
a couple of tables in CISCO-FC-FE-MIB:

 * The Port table, which is .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.289.1.1.2, i.e.
   ciscoFcFeMIB.ciscoFcFeObjects.cffFcFeConfig.fcIfTable.
   and has a single index.

 * The Port Login Table, .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.289.1.1.5, i.e.
   ciscoFcFeMIB.ciscoFcFeObjects.cffFcFeConfig.fcIfFLoginTable,
   which has three indexes.

The first table has an element for every port, and the second
table has elements only for connected ports. But, contrary to
what I initially expected, the index values don't match!

(Both these indexes are called 'ifIndex'; but it seems this is
just a generic name, i.e. index type.)

So can anyone suggest a way of tying up each Port Login Table
entry with the correct Port Table entry?

Cheers

John R Ramsden  (john_ramsden@sagitta-ps.cam)   <-- com not cam
0
john_ramsden
7/24/2004 4:03:41 PM
comp.dcom.sys.cisco 25313 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow