Valid nvram file name

When using the command 'copy running-config startup-config' you are present=
ed with a filename choice.  What format does this have to be in?  Are space=
s or alphanumeric characters allowed?  What file name extension is used?  S=
hould I choose a descriptive name?  When used through the GNS3 simulator th=
is is only going to save the file on the current router which is in the win=
dow correct?  Thanks in advance.
0
williambramirez
3/27/2016 1:29:15 PM
comp.dcom.sys.cisco 25313 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

williambramirez@gmail.com wrote:

> When using the command 'copy running-config startup-config' you are
> presented with a filename choice.  What format does this have to be in?
> Are spaces or alphanumeric characters allowed?  What file name extension
> is used?  Should I choose a descriptive name?  When used through the GNS3
> simulator this is only going to save the file on the current router which
> is in the window correct?  Thanks in advance.

 Don't know about GNS3 but these links should explain Cisco file handling:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/12_2/configfun/configuration/guide/ffun_c/fcf006.html

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/12_2/configfun/configuration/guide/ffun_c/fcf007.html

--
Rgds,
Martin

validating file names
We've generated our own small collection of expressions which tell us what is and is not a legal file name in uSWindows and UNIX. But we were wondering, has anyone published a collection of expressions to that purpose - validating file names? ...

automatic naming of files based on the readed file name?
Using "write labview measurement file" and "read labview measurement file". For example: Readed_file.dat Readed_file_written.dat I recommended u to try "Long Path Tool" program .before I have problem like this. and after I found long path tool and now my problem solved markian -- ...

making a valid file name...
Hi I'm writing a python script that creates directories from user input. Sometimes the user inputs characters that aren't valid characters for a file or directory name. Here are the characters that I consider to be valid characters... valid = ':./,^0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ ' if I have a string called fname I want to go through each character in the filename and if it is not a valid character, then I want to replace it with a space. This is what I have: def fixfilename(fname): valid = ':.\,^0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEF...

How to get short file name (8.3) from long file name
Hello Group, Any way in xHarbour to get the short file name, i.e. xxxxxx~1.ext, from a long file name? I want to use an old utility program that accepts only short file names with the RUN command. Klaus has a Clipper function in his LF_ library but since I am working with a large file, I want to see if xHarbour can process it faster. (btw, thanks again Klaus, for the LF_ library). Thanks, Ted On Mar 12, 7:27 am, Ted <ted.kobaya...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello Group, > > Any way in xHarbour to get the short file name, i.e. xxxxxx~1.ext, > from a long file name? I want to use an old utility program that > accepts only short file names with the RUN command. Klaus has a > Clipper function in his LF_ library but since I am working with a > large file, I want to see if xHarbour can process it faster. (btw, > thanks again Klaus, for the LF_ library). > > Thanks, > > Ted Hi Ted, Add the below code to the bottom of your PRG file; Call the function ? GetShortFileName( cSomeLongFileName ) Cheers Peter #pragma BEGINDUMP #include <windows.h> #include "hbapi.h" HB_FUNC( GETSHORTFILENAME ) { char pszReturn[ MAX_PATH ] ; pszReturn[0]= '\0' ; GetShortPathName( hb_parcx( 1 ), pszReturn, MAX_PATH - 1 ) ; hb_retc( pszReturn ) ; } Hello, I suggest you to download new Long Path Tool software that simply allows you to work easily on Long Path files. Thank you. ...

how do I tell a browser the name of a file, for download, if the file has open space in its name?
I've got a music studio for a client. Their whole studio is run with Macintosh computers. Macintosh computers allow file names to have open white spaces, such as "animal hospital.mp3". I have a download script, so customers on the website can download MP3s to their harddrive (rather than merely listen to it in their browsers): $fileToBuy = $_GET["fileToBuy"]; if ($fileToBuy) { $pathToFile = "temporary_files/$fileToBuy"; if (!file_exists($pathToFile)) $pathToFile = "site_specific_files/ $fileToBuy"; if (!file_exists($pathToFile)) $pathToFile = "../httpdocs/ site_specific_files/$fileToBuy"; if (file_exists($pathToFile)) { $size = @ filesize($pathToFile); if ($size > 1) { header("Content-Type: application/octet-stream"); header("Content-Length: $size"); header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=$fileToBuy"); header("Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary"); $pathToFile = urlencode($pathToFile); $fh = fopen("$pathToFile", "r"); fpassthru($fh); } else { echo "Sorry, but we are unable to process this file at this time."; } } else { echo "Sorry, but we can not find a file named '$fileToBuy' at '$pathToFile'. "; } } else { echo "Sorry, but there doesn't seem to be a file named in the URL (fileToDownload needed in url)."; } This works fine except when it encounters a f...

How to get the file name from a String containing the path plus the file name?
Hi, I have a String "dirA/dirB/dirC/file.txt". How to use String manipulation technique to get "file.txt"? String fullName = "dirA/dirB/dirC/file.txt"; int index = fullName.lastIndexOf("\\"); //here is a problem, if I try lastIndexOf("\"), there is a compile error String fileName = fullName.subString(index); //but does not work Thank you very much. ps: I am working on linux. www wrote: > Hi, > > I have a String "dirA/dirB/dirC/file.txt". How to use String > manipulation technique to get "file.txt"? > > String fullName = "dirA/dirB/dirC/file.txt"; > > int index = fullName.lastIndexOf("\\"); //here is a problem, if I try > lastIndexOf("\"), there is a compile error > > String fileName = fullName.subString(index); //but does not work > > Thank you very much. > > ps: I am working on linux. Sorry. I got it work. It was a typo: int index = fullName.lastIndexOf("\\"); //typo int index = fullName.lastIndexOf("/"); //now it is correct www wrote: > www wrote: >> Hi, >> >> I have a String "dirA/dirB/dirC/file.txt". How to use String >> manipulation technique to get "file.txt"? >> >> String fullName = "dirA/dirB/dirC/file.txt"; >> >> int index = fullName.lastIndexOf("\\&quo...

logical puzzle: how to generate reasonable archive file names from file and directory names
I'm writing a module to convert between filesystem nodes (directory,file) and various archives (gz, zip, tgz). For this I want to automatically create reasonable file names for the archives where these file names depend from the type of the file system node to be archived and from the type of the archive to be created. I want the following transformations to take place: Dir abc =(gz)=> *not allowed* =(zip,tgz)=> abz.zip,abc.tgz abc.XY =(gz)=> *not allowed* =(zip,tgz)=> abc.XY.zip,abc.XY.tgz File abc =(gz)=> abc.gz...

Function to validate a Unix file name?
Hi, Can anyone provide a function that can validate if a string would pass as a valid Unix (specifically Fedora Core 8 Linux) file name? For example, I'm fairly certain one of the rules is that the file name cannot contain a "&" character. There are probably a lot of other rules I don't know about. Thanks, - Dave laredotornado <laredotornado@zipmail.com> writes: > Hi, > > Can anyone provide a function that can validate if a string would pass > as a valid Unix (specifically Fedora Core 8 Linux) file name? For > example, I'm fairly certain on...

rename all the file names in a directory so that the first character of each file name is lower case
How to rename all the file names in a directory so that the first character of each file name is lower case in the bash shell? e.g. old file names are: Certificates General Util.dsp new file names become: certificates general util.dsp On 2008-09-07, TsanChung wrote: > How to rename all the file names in a directory so that the first > character of each file name is lower case in the bash shell? > e.g. > old file names are: > Certificates > General > Util.dsp > > new file names become: > certificates > general > util.dsp _lwr() { _LWR= case $1 in ...

Downloading blob will save the file by the procedure name and not the actual file name
Hi, I am using PL/SQL web toolkit to open documents in a browser. The documents are stored as BLOB data types. I am using the below procedure "viewer.sql" to open the documents based on the mime types. My question: When I try to save the opened document, I see that the file name is that of the procedure name in the URL and not the actual filename. I have the filename stored in the database. Is there a way to change the filename? Actual code.... CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE VIEWER (DOC_LOC IN NUMBER,D_ID IN NUMBER) AS V_file_ext VARCHAR2(5) V_blob BLOB; buffer raw(32767); buffer_size integer := 32767; offset integer := 1; length number; BEGIN THEN BEGIN SELECT FILE_EXT,ATTACHMENT INTO V_file_ext,V_blob FROM RBCMS_INBOX WHERE MAIL_ID= D_ID; EXCEPTION WHEN NO_DATA_FOUND THEN htp.p('Documents not found'); END; ELSIF doc_loc = 2 THEN BEGIN SELECT DOC_EXT,DOCUMENT INTO V_file_ext,V_blob FROM RBCMS_DOCUMENTS WHERE DOC_ID = D_ID; EXCEPTION WHEN NO_DATA_FOUND THEN htp.p('Documents not found'); END; ELSE NULL; END IF; /*********** Determines the mime type for the document to be displayed***********/ IF UPPER(V_FILE_EXT)='PDF' THEN owa_util.mime_header('application/pdf'); ELSIF UPPER(V_FILE_EXT)='DOC&#...

Extracting variables from multiple *.txt files and having the variable name dependent on the name of the *.txt file
I have about 30 *.txt files that have contain data in the same format. I'd like to extract a certain set of data from each of these files, and store them as their own variables, not in a matrix. Each file name is structured in the following way: name_20xx_yy.txt where xx reflects the 2-digit year and yy reflects the 2-digit month of each data set. I'd like to be able to create column vectors from the data set that reflect the different data sets that they come from, i.e. var_20xx_yy= name_20xx_yy(:,3) This way I will have 30 different var_xx_yy variables each reflect...

Generic file I/O error, the file is not a valid labview file
Hi, &nbsp; I have created a project in LV 8.0. Now I am&nbsp;getting the following error when I try to open it...'Generic file I/O error, the file xxxxx.vi is not a valid labview file.' I have tried to open all the subvi's used in my application and I am able to open all of them. I found that this condition may occur if the hard disk is full. So I tried to open my vi from another PC but I am getting the same error everywhere. What am I supposed&nbsp; to do ?? Please help me out if anyone has a solution to this... &nbsp; Regards, Divya Hi Mike... Thank you for your reply... I get this error when opening the main vi in my application. I can't recall anything which may have corrupted the file. The earlier version of the main vi of which I had saved&nbsp;a copy does not give any problems while opening.&nbsp;I had made many changes in the next version of my application which is lost now... Do you think that the file may be corrupted? Is there no way to retrieve it? I do have a system&nbsp;running LabView 8.2 and I have tried to open this file with that version. But I am still getting the same error. DivyaMessage Edited by divya on 03-22-2007 10:42 PM Hi Divya, Check if the VI's size is &gt; the one U re stating as Ur earlier version, without that so many changes. If it &gt;, it may not ve got corrupted. Problem could be something else. Else, if it shows some drastically low size ( like too less kb ), then it has got goof...

LDB files and file names
Hi, Just wondering if there are any issues involved with using the same names for access files of different types, ex. filename.MDW and filename.MDB. When these are both in use and reside in the same directory, Access creates one LDB file, filename.LDB. Are there any potential problems with this scenario? Tons. You should not do this. -- MichKa [MS] NLS Collation/Locale/Keyboard Development Globalization Infrastructure and Font Technologies Windows International Division This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "TR" <t_NoSpam_redick@Mind_NoSpam_spring.com> wrote in message news:40E16C57.7463E3C3@Mind_NoSpam_spring.com... > Hi, > Just wondering if there are any issues involved with using the same > names for access files of different types, ex. filename.MDW and > filename.MDB. When these are both in use and reside in the same > directory, Access creates one LDB file, filename.LDB. Are there any > potential problems with this scenario? > Thats what I figured. Its not what I would normally do. But I've just been assigned to make some changes to a legacy Access 95 application (yes, really). The application is working as far as I know (I really no very little about the app, its huge, I'm just adding some fields to some pre-existing reports). Are there any particular reasons I can provide for suggesting they change their naming convention? Thanks, Tom "Michael (michka) Kaplan ...

File Name and Path Name
Dear reader, The function: Dim refCurr as Reference refCurr.Name Gives you a name, sometimes the pathname + filename and sometimes the filename only. I can't find whey this differences, I am looking for the filename only. Tanks for any help. Kind regard, Simon References(1).Name should return the abbreviated name for the library, assuming one is registered. This is the case for these libriares: - Access - VBA - DAO - ADODB - ADOX - Office but it probably depends on how the library is registered with Windows. Note that the Name of the library does not match its file name. For example, the VBA reference is probably VBA6.DLL. If you want the file name, try: Dir(References(1).FullPath) -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Simon" <SvanBeekNL@Versatel.nl> wrote in message news:45760d32$0$595$bf4948fe@news.tele2.nl... > > The function: > > Dim refCurr as Reference > > refCurr.Name > > Gives you a name, sometimes the pathname + filename and sometimes the > filename only. > > I can't find whey this differences, I am looking for the filename only. ...

File name from file description
Hi, I am new to this group. I had just one small question Is it possible to get the file name back from file descriptor. i.e. I have written a function to overload the libc write using LD_PRELOAD my_write(int fd, void *buf, size_t nbytes) In this function is it possible to find the filename from "fd". thanks amit poddar007@gmail.com writes: > Hi, > > I am new to this group. I had just one small question > > Is it possible to get the file name back from file descriptor. No. There is no such thing as "the filename". On some Unixes you can get a fil...

Getting the file name from a FILE *
Hi We are rewriting the libc for the 64 bit version of lcc-win and we have added a new field in the FILE structure: char *FileName; fopen() will save the file name and an accessor function will return the file name given a FILE *. Questions: What would be the best name for this function? char *fname(FILE *); // lower case, short, similar to other // file functions // clear name but maybe too long? char *FileNameFromFileP(FILE *); What problems could arise with this function? Why is not in the C API? We are considering extending our file functions to handle file attributes that many file systems support. We will have two pointers that point to extended attributes and a "user" pointer, i.e. a pointer that would be set by the user and would carry user defined data that we would not touch. An accessor/setter function would allow the user to set/retrieve data. Note that the FILE structure is now a completely opaque structure. No definition for FILE will be available to the user but struct __FILE; typedef struct __FILE FILE; -- jacob navia jacob at jacob point remcomp point fr logiciels/informatique http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32 On Jun 20, 6:11 pm, jacob navia <ja...@nospam.com> wrote: > Hi > We are rewriting the libc for the 64 bit version of lcc-win > and we have added a new field in the FILE structure: > char *FileName; > fopen() will save the file name and an accessor function > will ...

How to validate file name in VB 5.0?
I am getting an input file name from a dialog box. What's the best way to ensure it is a valid file name? The only way I know of is to try to open the file an trap the error. Looks like the error code is 75. Do the error codes have symbolic names? Thanks! Did you try to use the Dir statement? "tom" <tadamsmar@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1179944749.328109.7260@w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I am getting an input file name from a dialog box. > > What's the best way to ensure it is a valid file name? > > The only way I know of is to try to open the file an trap the error. > > Looks like the error code is 75. > > Do the error codes have symbolic names? > > Thanks! > What kind of dialog box? A CommonDialog open file dialog? If so, there is a OFN_FILEMUSTEXIST flag you can use... Const OFN_FILEMUSTEXIST As Long = &H1000 BTW, for open file dialogs I go directly to the horse's mouth and use the GetOpenFileName API function of comdlg32.dll and not the control. If you're using the CommonDialog control, I'm pretty sure it has the Flags parameter (can you tell I haven't used the control in quite awhile? <g>). "tom" <tadamsmar@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1179944749.328109.7260@w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > I am getting an input file name from a dialog box. > > What's the best way to ensure it is a valid file name? > > The only way I k...

UNDEFINED DATA BLOCK MAP BY NAME FOR FILE:<file name> in Tandem server
Hi, I have compiled a C program in Tandem server. (This program was successfully compiled and tested in windows environment.) However while trying to run the object file generated in Tandem (ofcourse in a Tandem server), I get the below error UNDEFINED DATA BLOCK MAP BY NAME FOR FILE: <object file name> NAME $_ctype _ctype_local Can some one let me know the remedy for this please? JK On 12/17/2012 12:53 PM, jk__c wrote: > Hi, > > I have compiled a C program in Tandem server. (This program was successfully compiled and tested in windows environment.) However while trying to run the object file generated in Tandem (ofcourse in a Tandem server), I get the below error > UNDEFINED DATA BLOCK MAP BY NAME FOR FILE: <object file name> > > NAME > > $_ctype > _ctype_local > > Can some one let me know the remedy for this please? > JK Possibly - but if so, they may need more information. Is that the full exact text of the error message? Even the "object file name" part? If not, please provide the full error message. The options you passed to the compiler would also be helpful. The single most helpful thing you could provide, however, would be a version of the code that fails to compile, which has been trimmed to be as small as possible while still demonstrating that failure. Make sure, before posting, that the simplified version you're posting does indeed still fail to...

File name from file description
Hi, I am new to this group. I had just one small question Is it possible to get the file name back from file descriptor. i.e. I have written a function to overload the libc write using LD_PRELOAD my_write(int fd, void *buf, size_t nbytes) In this function is it possible to find the filename from "fd". thanks amit On 28 Mar 2006 11:45:02 -0800, in comp.lang.c , "poddar" <poddar007@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am new to this group. I had just one small question > >Is it possible to get the file name back from file descriptor. C doesn't have ...

Getting a File Name from a FILE *
I find myself in the odd situation of trying to determine the name of a file that has been opened somewhere else with an fopen call, so all I have is the FILE * from that fopen call. I perused my favorite online C API reference and did not find a method, but hopefully that means I did not look in the right places (we all know how easy it is to find stuff once you know where to acutally look). So, the question, given a FILE *, can one get back to the name/path of the file that was opened, and if so, how ? Thanks for the assist, Dale Pennington Dale Pennington wrote: > So, the question, given a FILE *, can one get back to the name/path of the > file that was opened, and if so, how ? No. A FILE * may have many names/paths in the filesystem that refer to the underlying file, or none at all, and there's no way in standard C to go from a FILE * to a list of zero or more filenames that correspond to it. offtopic: Depending on your platform and needs, you might look at something like lsof if you really need to do this. You're really best off eliminating the need, though. Dale Pennington wrote On 08/22/06 17:14,: > I find myself in the odd situation of trying to determine the name of a file > that has been opened somewhere else with an fopen call, so all I have is the > FILE * from that fopen call. I perused my favorite online C API reference > and did not find a method, but hopefully that means I did not look in the > right place...

how build package dll for freewrap with virtual lib file names instead of real lib file names
Hello, I have been using Freewrap for a program that runs on Windows systems. I have a number of utility vc++ programs that I call but I would like them integrated into freewrap as a tcl package. Tcl_CreateCommand is used in this code. Used vc++ 6 and Visual Studio and created the dll package file that works when running the code as a wish script with a load command giving the location of the dll and the name of the package. This does not work with the code in a freewrap exe. I understand that this is because of the problem of the required files for tcl/tk being in a virtual stor...

Bash: strip file path and file extension from a file name in a $string?
It appears that Bash supports stripping a match of $substring from $string from the front and from the back of $string through the following commands: ${string#substring} ${string%substring} Yet, it doesn't appear that it is possible to simultaneously strip a couple of substrings from the front and from the back of a string, which is a bit of a problem if a user intends to strip the path and file extension from a file listing. Nonetheless, this is certainly possible. So, is it possible to strip both the path and the file extension from a file? If so, can anyone prov...

File, Find References, Copy Files: Truncating Long File Names
Hello All- I just experienced this behavior this morning. It was repeatable. Has anyone else seen this? The file Name was cut off after 57 characters. XP Pro SP2 2006 SP0 Office XP 2003 Pro Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell www.3-ddesignsolutions.com How long was the path name in total? Total including the file extension (.SLDASM) = 174. The file Extension was retained, just the Name was chopped off. These are my customer's files. Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell www.3-ddesignsolutions.com "TOP" <kellnerp@cbd.net> wrote in message news:1128364278.638472.150320@f14g2000...

[9fans] Max file name lengths in /sys/src/cmd/srv.c
Should I worry that % grep -n '\.28s' /sys/src/cmd/srv.c produces 130: snprint(srv, sizeof(srv), "/srv/%.28s", p); 133: snprint(mtpt, sizeof(mtpt), "/n/%.28s", p2); 136: snprint(srv, sizeof(srv), "/srv/%.28s", argv[1]); 141: snprint(mtpt, sizeof(mtpt), "/n/%.28s", p2); 146: snprint(srv, sizeof(srv), "/srv/%.28s", argv[1]); 147: snprint(mtpt, sizeof(mtpt), "%.28s", argv[2]); ? ++L This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --upas-gebwmjsuuafscduhegieiuugex Content-Disposition: inline Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'll fix it tonight. There hasn't been a reason for it for since we did the 9p2000 conversion and got rid of NAMELEN in the kernel. --upas-gebwmjsuuafscduhegieiuugex Content-Type: message/rfc822 Content-Disposition: inline Received: from plan9.cs.bell-labs.com ([135.104.9.2]) by plan9; Sat Jan 17 10:11:40 EST 2004 Received: from mail.cse.psu.edu ([130.203.4.6]) by plan9; Sat Jan 17 10:11:37 EST 2004 Received: by mail.cse.psu.edu (CSE Mail Server, from userid 60001) id C74F619C7B; Sat, 17 Jan 2004 10:11:23 -0500 (EST) Received: from psuvax1.cse.psu.edu (psuvax1.cse.psu.edu [130.203.4.6]) by mail.cse.psu.edu (CSE Mail Server) with ESMTP id 6E9FC19C35; Sat, 17 Jan 2004 10:11:09 -0500 (EST) X-Original-To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu Delivered-To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu Received: by mail.cse.psu.edu (CSE Mail Server, from userid...

Web resources about - Valid nvram file name - comp.dcom.sys.cisco

VALID - A TWiB! Publication
A TWiB! Publication

File:Fencing foil valid surfaces 2009.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License , Version 1.2 or ...

Worker’s UAE Ministry of Labour contract says one thing, company contract another - which is valid?
Keren Bobker advises a Dubai worker who thinks he has both a limited and unlimited contract and is about to leave.

Nomads bikies to fight charges after High Court rules consorting laws are valid
A day after the High Court declared the state's controversial consorting laws valid, two members of the Nomads bikie gang have said they will ...

Why the 'I was drunk' excuse is no longer valid
... texting your ex, we’ve all blamed alcohol for our actions at some point. It turns out, the age-old excuse, “I was drunk”, is no longer valid ...

Council refuses to overturn parking fine despite driver’s valid dashboard ticket - HeraldSun Search Search ...
AN OUTRAGED driver has been left reeling because a council is refusing to overturn a parking fine after a dashboard ticket was displayed the ...

Dick Smith extended warranties still valid
Dick Smith extended warranties will be honoured, according to the company that provided the warranties.

COMMENT: Is A.KOR’s Kemy’s diss track on 2NE1’s Park Bom valid?
The k-pop world is spinning at the moment after the release of rookie rapper A.KOR's Kemy’s diss track on 2NE1’s Park Bom entitled “Do the right ...

NSW election 2015: 19,000 electronic votes considered valid despite error on ballot paper
About 19,000 votes cast for the NSW upper house will be considered valid, despite two parties being left off part of the ballot paper, electoral ...

The Iraq deaths study was valid and correct
There is no sound reason to doubt a medical study of deaths since the invasion. -