What is the NVI0 interface?

I created a NAT pool and this message appeared on the console.

I get no hits at all on the cisco web site or google.

R2(config)#$ NP.TFTP_from_R2 10.1.0.8 10.1.0.254 netmask 255.255.255.0
R2(config)#
*Sep  6 20:53:24.527: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol
on Interface NVI0, changed state to up

#sh ip int br
Serial1/7                  unassigned      YES NVRAM  administratively
down down
NVI0                       unassigned      NO  unset  up
    up

0
Bod43 (9)
9/6/2006 8:51:01 PM
comp.dcom.sys.cisco 25313 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Bod43@hotmail.co.uk wrote:
> I created a NAT pool and this message appeared on the console.
>
> I get no hits at all on the cisco web site or google.
>

> R2(config)#$ NP.TFTP_from_R2 10.1.0.8 10.1.0.254 netmask 255.255.255.0
> R2(config)#
> *Sep  6 20:53:24.527: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol
> on Interface NVI0, changed state to up
>
> #sh ip int br
> Serial1/7                  unassigned      YES NVRAM  administratively
> down down
> NVI0                       unassigned      NO  unset  up    up

for information on NAT Virtual Interfaces see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US//products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a008041d91a.html

0
Merv

Cisco!! Cisco!! Cisco!!
From http://groups.google.com/group/comp.dcom.sys.cisco/about Top posters This month 18 mer...@geeks.org 11 alagmy 10 bo...@hotmail.co.uk 9 galt...@hotmail.com 9 nom...@example.com 8 troffa...@hotmail.com 8 igor.mamuzicmakni_...@zg.t-com.hr 7 pfisterf...@gmail.com 7 darfun....@gmail.com 6 jfmezei.spam...@vaxination.ca All time 4799 rober...@ibd.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca 2930 aaron@cisco.com 2813 Merv 2370 t...@cisco.com 2356 vcjo...@networkingunlimited.com 1984 b...@cisco.com 1959 bar...@genuity.net 1898 hb...@_nyc.rr.com.remove_ 1745 u...@alp.ee.pbz 1670 bar...@bbnplanet.com -- ...

interface to interface
Can I write a program to read packet from one interface and output packet to another interface? I wonder if os identify the two IP belong to interface in local machine, transmitting the packet in IP layer,and no packet goes out the interface. Is it possible to happen? In article <7d4caedb.0410181756.627370d@posting.google.com>, te0543@giga.net.tw (Joseph) wrote: > Can I write a program to read packet from one interface and output > packet to another interface? If you can write a program to read from one interface, and you can write a program to write to the other interface, wh...

How to convert a fast ethernet interface in a Cisco Router to behave like a serial interface
Please provide update on how to convert a fast ethernet interface in a Cisco Router to behave like a serial interface; i.e. it will accept clock rate, have encapsulation as HDLC/PPP and can be connected to a CSU/DSU google for "Ethernet to Serial converter" ...

cisco interface problems
I have a cisco 1720 router that has been showing a very large amount of interface output errors (100's of thousands), along with that, there seems to be a problem with underruns and input errors, though not as bad. 2 of the 3 interface's are also having a problem with excessive collisions. Would this most likely be a physical interface problem, or router (hardware/software) problem. I have a feeling it might be a problem with autonegotiation, but am unsure. Thank you Tyler IF you suspect the AUTONEGOTIATE as the problem DISABLE IT. I never let any of machines, r...

Cisco Switch interface usage
Ques - has anyone got a script or application that will walk a switch and output the switchports that haven't been used since a reboot. I know I can use GetIF of snmpwalk to get the seperate bits of data etc but I would just like to input the IP of the switch and press a button and output the answer? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers Simon Partridge <simon_partridge@hotmail.com> wrote: > Ques - has anyone got a script or application that will walk a switch > and output the switchports that haven't been used since a reboot. I > know I can use GetIF of...

CISCO interfaces, modules and ram
Hy all, is there a way to get the number and type of modules installed on a catalyst, the amount of ram and the interface type? I'm brwosing the MIB variables within the Cisco product line but unsuccessfully. i got a quick'n dirty shell script that only returns the system name, type and ios version. thanks in advance Jug In article <1129221373.019369.139290@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, <tarantatu@gmail.com> wrote: :Hy all, is there a way to get the number and type of modules installed :on a catalyst, the amount of ram and the interface type? I'm br...

What are files Z80.SYS, Z80CCP.SYS and PRMTVPVT.SYS for?
Had a good Christmas this weekend? I came across diskettes with "Mailmerge 3.0 and Calcstar version 1.45 for CP/M 8080", that seem to be for a Dec Rainbow machine. Besides a Mailmerge overlay and the Calcstar files, some CP/M and some CP/M-86 files, there are three files on the diskettes that I never have heard of before: Z80.SYS, Z80CCP.SYS and PRMTVPVT.SYS. There are no ASCII texts in PRMTVPVT.SYS. The only ASCII text in Z80.SYS (at the end of the file) is "EI SPHLDI XCHGPCHLXTHLRET HLT CMC STC CMA DAA RAR RAL RRC RLC NOP CPI ORI XRI ANI SBI IN SUI OUT ACI ADI CALLJMP LDA...

Cisco NAT on ethernet interface
Hello.I need to setup NAT on a Cisco router in which the dialer interface is the private and the ethernet interface is the public interface. The remote end is a 3com ISDN Lan Modem which dials in to the Cisco. The remote lan is 10.15.127.0/24 while the lan in which cisco is in is 10.15.126.0/24. I have the following configuration on the Cisco(801)which doesn't seem to work: ! hostname Cisco801 ! enable password 7 xxxx ! username filfak password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ! ! ! ! ip subnet-zero ! no ip domain-lookup no ip finger isdn switch-type basic-net3 ! ! ! interface Ethernet0 description connected to EthernetLAN ip address 10.15.126.6 255.255.255.0 ip nat outside ! interface BRI0 no ip address encapsulation ppp dialer pool-member 1 isdn switch-type basic-net3 ppp authentication pap chap ! interface Dialer1 ip unnumbered Ethernet0 ip nat inside encapsulation ppp no ip split-horizon dialer pool 1 dialer remote-name filfak dialer-group 1 no cdp enable ppp authentication pap chap ! ip nat inside source list 10 interface Ethernet0 overload no ip http server ip classless ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.15.126.1 ip route 10.15.127.0 255.255.255.0 Dialer1 ! access-list 10 permit 10.15.127.0 0.0.0.255 dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit Can anyone tell me what am i doing wrong. Thanks very much, Damjan. In article <42244ac6@news.mt.net.mk>, damjand@gmail.com says... > Can anyone tell me what am i doing wrong. > Why do you have Dialer unnumbered to use...

Cisco or not Cisco for IDS
Hi, I need your point of view on this. I have to setup a IDS network and I do not know how to start my investigations on it. Well, it seems that Cisco has IDS appliances but everybody around me says that I also have to have a look at ISS Proventia ( www.iss.net/proventia ). Is the Cisco Management Application for IDS as easy as Site_Protector? How are the signature updates provided, by Cisco itself or through the CERT? If the bandwidth I have to monitor is about 200Mbits, what would be your choice is the Cisco catalogue? In the ISS catalogue? Many thanks, Alabama Alabama Circus wrote: &...

Cisco ASA
Perhaps a dumb question, but I need clarification on it. Many times on the Internet you can find articles describing different configurations (VPN, access lists etc.) where they refer to the interface as "outside" or "inside" (these words are being used in the device configuration itself.) How is this associated with physical firewall interfaces. I do not see binding between physical interface and the "outside" and "inside" keywords. Does one need to define the interfaces like: interface Ethernet0/0 nameif outside interface Ethernet0/1 nameif i...

Interface Event Interfaces
I am attempting to utilize a HID device which provides a DLL which includes a type library which I import into Delphi via Project | Import Type Library. This imported _TLB.pas includes the definition of an event interface for the device. I have previously done a similar task similarly importing a type library and then using Binh Ly=92s (of Tech Vanguards) Event Implementor to end up providing Delphi events which work fine. The _TLB provides an inteface declaration for the device event. And AFAICS Binh Ly=92s code provides a Delphi class for the event interface and connects via a Con...

Cisco 7500 and virtual interfaces
I have a cisco 7500 providing dsl. I'm trying to monitor each virtual interface for traffic using snmp. But whenever a users logs out then back in, they have a different virtual interface. Is it possible to assign a static virtual interface per user. Kevin ...

Cisco Network Interface Cards
Anyone know the model lines for Cisco's Ethernet NIC's both 10/100 and Gigabit as well? I keep looking at cisco.com and I cannot find products anywhere. Thanks in advance all, D.H. "David Halpern" <photonicbandgap@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:gZUXb.5157$WW3.4641@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net... > Anyone know the model lines for Cisco's Ethernet NIC's both 10/100 and > Gigabit as well? > > I keep looking at cisco.com and I cannot find products anywhere. > > Thanks in advance all, > > D.H. Boy for a bit I was really confus...

ENUM IN INTERFACE (SYS VLOG)
Hi This is about usage of enum in interface..im seeing strange errors !!! pls see the following code interface xclr; typedef enum {red,blue,green} color; color type1,type2; modports tr1 (input type1,output type2....) ..... endinterface module tr1_type (xclr x,...); typedef x.color clr; // here i am seeing an error saying x.color is not visible clr c1,c2,c3...; //usage assgin xyz = c1.blue ; // can i do this ?? (i want to assign ethe value to some internal code) assign x.type2 = 2; // output assignement (assign the output in the interface with some value) endmodu...

Mrtg and Cisco POS interfaces
Hello, all! I was curious if anyone has run into reporting problems on Cisco 7200 series routers with POS interfaces. I believe I ran cfgmaker correctly to use SNMPv2. syntax: cfgmaker community@device:::::2 --output yadda.cfg When I look at the output, my current stats are still incorrect. The utilization reported is much lower than actual. I'm using SNMPv2 from suggestions I had searched for. Thanks! Jon Hi Jonathan, Jonathan DiVita schrieb: > I believe I ran cfgmaker correctly to use SNMPv2. > > syntax: > cfgmaker community@device:::::2 --output yadda.cfg I use...

Cisco firewall
Hi, I know that it has been stated here frequently that it is not possible to route out the same interface as traffic has come in on with a Pix however it the same possible on an IOS firewall. I have in mind. Internet InsideNetA---IOSfw1------------------------IOSfw2---IsideNetB \ \ Internet \ VPN-CLient Each firewall has only a single inerface to the internet. Permanent VPN between IOSfw1 and IOSfw2 such that devices on InsideNetA can talk to those on InsideNetB. VPN-Client on Internet with VPN to IOS-fw1. Is it possible to configure the above such that the VPN client can also talk to Inside-NetB? If this is not possible, is there a classic solution to the problem, or will I have to make one up myself? In article <3adc58e4.0407260538.5993d56d@posting.google.com>, AnyBody43 <anybody43@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I know that it has been stated here frequently that it is not possible >to route out the same interface as traffic has come in on with a Pix >however it the same possible on an IOS firewall. Yes. In fact, the challenge is writing the policy routing to prevent it. > Internet >InsideNetA---IOSfw1------------------------IOSfw2---IsideNetB > \ > \ Internet > \ > VPN-CLient &...

Cisco 2621XM interface metrics
All right guys I am totally brain dead today. I am in need of assistance with routing metrics. My company just added a satellite internet fail over for internet service in case our cable modem goes down. I need to keep this as simple as possible. I can't run BGP or dial backup asneither the cable modem nor the sat modem support these. The setup is a cisco into a 5 port switch via FE 0/0 cable modem and sat modem into the same 5 port switch This unfortunately can't be changed, it needs to stay this way for now. Serial0/0 into LAN gateway. The soul purpose of this router is for inter...

sys-filesystem interface advice
Hi, I'm going to add the Filesystem.mount_point method. It will simply return the mount point associated with the given file. Example: Filesystem.mount_point('/home/djberge/foo.txt') # => '/home' (RHEL Linux) My dilemma is what I should do when I can't find an associated mount point. For example, the device number for '/dev' on our RHEL box at work doesn't match the device number of any of the mount points. Which of these options seems most appropriate? 1 - Return nil 2 - Return '/' 3 - Return itself, e.g. '/dev' would return '/d...

Block DHCP on Cisco Interface?
Hi, I have a Cisco 7206 that has seven interfaces. I want to pass out 192.168.2 addresses via dhcp on the 192.168.2.1 interface and 192.168.1 addresses on the 192.168.1.1 interface. As it is, as soon as I configure it to pass out 192.168.1 dhcp addresses, it passes them out to clients on all seven interfaces. If someone could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. My email address is: ataylor at crowncollege dot edu Thanks, -Aaron Taylor "Aaron Taylor" <a@a.com> wrote in message news:JvqdnacrwIdX2BDdRVn_iw@giganews.com... > I have a Cisc...

Cisco 3620, interfaces question
I have a 3620 router that hase 2 ethernet Interface but for some reason I only can see one of them, physically its there and if I connect a cable the led will be on, on both interface. Can someone tell me how to access it. Thanks-Rob Building configuration... Current configuration: ! version 12.0 service timestamps debug uptime service timestamps log uptime no service password-encryption ! hostname Router ! ! ip subnet-zero no ip routing ! ! ! interface FastEthernet1/0 ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.0.0 no ip directed-broadcast no ip route-cache no ip mroute-cache full-duplex ! ip cla...

Cisco Nexus 5000 interfaces
Hi all. =BFAnybody knows how can i connect a Cisco switch Nexus 5000 with a Cisco switch 3750-E at 10 Gpbs of bandwith? 3750 switches has a TwinGig module (10Gpbs, SFP interface), and i think also has a X2-10GB-CX4 transceiver module(?). Cisco Nexus 5000 has SFP+ interfaces. =BFIs it possible? =BFCan i connect sfp to sfp+ and achieve 10Gbps? =BFWitc= h modules, transceivers, cables, or whatever else to use? Thanks. ...

Cisco 871 : NAT virtual interface
According to this: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a008041d91a.html This: 1. enable 2. configure terminal 3. interface type number 4. ip nat enable 5. exit 6. ip nat pool name start-ip end-ip netmask netmask add-route 7. ip nat source list access-list- number pool name vrf name 8. ip nat source list access-list- number pool name vrf name overload should do the trick. But I don't have a vrf spaciffied which is a problem when it comes to step 7. How can I specify a correct vrf? What I'm trying to do. Make nat work on FastErthernet othe...

Interfaces FE on Cisco 2821 problem
Hello, I have a Cisco 2821 router. It has 2 GigabitEthernet interfaces and 8 FastEthernet interfaces. But FE interfaces don't allow for assigning them IP addresses ("IP addresses may not be configured on L2 links."). Is there any possibility to do this? Other words - I want them to behave the same as GE. And the second thing. Trying to walkaround this, I made a VLAN, assigned it an IP address and make one of FE interefaces a member of it. I was hoping that, when I ping that address, the answer will be from the assigned interface. But it wasn't happen (there was no pi...

Ethernet interface question Cisco 1841
Hi, Want to replace/simplify the network setup we have in our WAN today. We have 10 branchoffices who are bridged by our isp in our WAN on 512kb links, up to our HQ on a 1mbit wanlink. From HQ, they and the residents at the HQ-office connect to the internet through a 2mbit link. ## Branchoffices ## Each branchoffice consists of 5-20 hosts, with this ip-setup: gw: 10.10.1.1 sub: 255.255.255.0 host: 10.10.1.2-x gw: 10.10.2.1 sub: 255.255.255.0 host: 10.10.2.2-x etc.. The branchoffice-gw's are Cisco 1603 routers, with 1 eth-interface: They are set up with eg: interface Ethernet0 ip add...

Web resources about - What is the NVI0 interface? - comp.dcom.sys.cisco

Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PayPal for iOS updated w/ completely new iPhone 6-optimized interface, much more
At long last PayPal has updated its iOS app with a completely redesigned interface that optimizes the experience for iPhone 6/iPhone 6s and 6 ...

Weather Underground gets interface improvements on iOS
The popular online weather service Weather Underground has just updated its official iOS app with a number of interface enhancements, thereby ...

Pale Moon adopts new Goanna browser engine, fine-tunes interface
... build, also available in 64-bit , sees Pale Moon unveil its own browser rendering engine, Goanna, plus further fine-tune the browser user interface ...

ERP software gets modern data, mobile and social user interface
The user interface is one area where ERP software vendors are differentiating themselves, according to a Technology Evaluation Centers analyst. ...

ERP software gets modern data, mobile and social user interface
... tied to its mainframe-era roots. But in recent years, ERP vendors have tried mightily to overcome that reputation by modernizing the user interface, ...

DNews: Brain-Computer Interfaces: Move Stuff with Your Mind
It's slow going, but science continues apace toward a day when brain waves can reliably be used to move physical objects.

Opera adds mute tab option and better download interface
Opera may be lagging behind the more popular browser choices today, but it hasn't given up on rewarding its loyal users with new features. Version ...

OpenMarket Launches Global SMS Programming Interface
With Automatic Originator Selection, OpenMarket will automatically select the correct messaging originator per the destination address.

AMD is supposedly planning a 32-core CPU with an eight-channel DDR4 interface
AMD may be planning a new 32-core server CPU once Zen launches but whether that's a good thing or not depends on whether its an Intel bunker ...