AOL 9.0 don't do it just don't . Don't even think of it.

I had 8.0, and it ran fine. I downloaded 9.0 and that was the end of
my computer never having a problem. 3 years and no problems.  1 week
with AOL 9.0 and I've had 27 error messages , sign offs and other
problems.

AOL was no help. They can't even admit it has a problem.  So I had to
REFORMAT MY HARD DRIVE AND INSTALL ALL MY PROGRAMS AND ALL MY SAVED
FILES. Needless to say I no longer have AOL at all.  Reformat and get
rid of it.

0
whorunwerun
11/13/2003 2:39:15 AM
comp.dcom.telecom 29624 articles. 1 followers. nmclain (7) is leader. Post Follow

Re: AOL 9.0 Don't do it, Don't Even Think of it.
In a message dated 11/14/03 11:01:54 PM Eastern Standard Time, whorunwerun@aol.com (whorunwerun) wrote: > I had 8.0, and it ran fine. I downloaded 9.0 and that was the end of > my computer never having a problem. 3 years and no problems. 1 week > with AOL 9.0 and I've had 27 error messages , sign offs and other > problems. > AOL was no help. They can't even admit it has a problem. So I had to > REFORMAT MY HARD DRIVE AND INSTALL ALL MY PROGRAMS AND ALL MY SAVED > FILES. Needless to say I no longer have AOL at all. Reformat and get > rid of it. Perhaps, just perhaps, your problems were unique to your machine. I ran 8.0 without incident. I downloaded 9.0 several weeks ago and I've not had a single problem. ...

don't like, so don't waste your time thinking and buy them. You know, if you don't like one thing, it means nothing for you.</p>

I sell various items for Amiga on EBAY, if you don't agree don't read and don't break my balls, understand mr. user?
See on this link: http://search.ebay.it/_W0QQsassZmousemikiQQhtZ-1 P.s. not all items are for Amiga, simple don't see others! ...

I don't work for IBM and I don't make promises I can't deliver on
I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they have on the Internet now. I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. Robert. On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > have on the Internet now. > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > Robert. I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. If you are talking about the death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess. And I guess Ben chose not to print some more to pay for it. On Aug 24, 11:17=A0pm, Del Cecchi <delcec...@gmail.com> wrote: > On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > > > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > > have on the Internet now. > > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > > Robert. > > I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. =A0If you are talking about the > death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. > They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on > the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess= .. > > And I guess Ben chose not to print some mor...

Don't keep the .O's but Don't make everytime
I wish to make a executable from the prog1.c or the s.prog1.c files. And don't create the prog1.o files and certainly don't save them. Also, when I remake the module it would ONLY be remade if the s.prog1.c or prog1.c have been modified. I'm having little luck with this. Can anyone put some light on this issue? ...

Don't ask, don't tell...
While my son visited me for the day, after we went to the Hawks-Giants game and then to see Harry Potter he was still awake (12 years old) and so I put him in front of my Suse 10.0 machine and let him play Unreal Tournament 2004 in Linux. I let him set up the machine in Control Center first (he's a right hander and I'm a leftie), using KDE Control center, and then had him launch and run UT2004. I did't say anything about this being a Linux machine and I have no idea if he knows what Linux is even. I was about to "give the speech about Linux" and I decided, no, I woul...

don't tell don't ask
I'm still struggling with OO concepts. I've read several books and studied various OO languages, but I don't really feel I have a good grasp of the concepts. I like the sound of the "tell, don't ask" model, where networks of objects are asked to perform the work they are responsible for, rather than asking objects to give you information (like a string) that you do something with. But, I get confused when I try to apply the idea to a program design. The only way I can think of avoiding asking objecs for information is if the program consists of nothing but one objec...

I just don't get it, really, I don't getline(char*,streamsize);
I am trying to get character string from the user, to do that I use getline(char_type*, streamsize), but I get a segmentation fault??!! Can anyone give me a hand, what am I doing wrong? --snip char* cstr; std::cout << "House/Appartment # "; std::cin.getline(cstr, CHAR_MAX); //<<==seg fault TIA "jalkadir" <jalkadir@gosonic.ca> wrote in message news:1128529537.077563.247170@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I am trying to get character string from the user, to do that I use > getline(char_type*, streamsize), but I get a segmentation fau...

Lotus Notes: Don't Pass, Don't Pay! That's our Certification Guarantee.
Study with CertFX, the leader in Lotus, WebSphere and WebSphere Portal Certification practice tests. With CertFX practice tests, all purchases are available for immediate download. You also receive free support, lifetime maintenance and real-time updates with your purchase. CertFX has all Domino 8, WebSphere and WebSphere Portal practice tests available. We are fanatical about updating our content to ensure we provide you with the best, most accurate study materials on the market. Get started on your recertification today by visiting: http://www.dominonews.com/homepage.nsf...

Lotus Notes: Don't Pass, Don't Pay! That's our Certification Guarantee.
Study with CertFX, the leader in Lotus, WebSphere and WebSphere Portal Certification practice tests. With CertFX practice tests, all purchases are available for immediate download. You also receive free support, lifetime maintenance and real-time updates with your purchase. CertFX has all Domino 8, WebSphere and WebSphere Portal practice tests available. We are fanatical about updating our content to ensure we provide you with the best, most accurate study materials on the market. Get started on your recertification today by visiting: http://www.dominonews.com/homepage.nsf...

Don't Call. Don't Write. Let Me Be.
YOUR MONEY Don't Call. Don't Write. Let Me Be. By DAMON DARLIN The fears of the direct marketing industry came true. Once a do-not-call list was created, people did register, in droves. The list was created in 2003, not as a way to protect privacy, but to remove a powerful irritant from the lives of Americans. The Federal Trade Commission, which administers the list, says that more than 137 million phone numbers have been placed on the list by people tired of interruptions during dinner or their favorite TV show. The popularity of the do-not-call list unleashed a demand for other opt-out lists. A consumer can now opt out of the standard practice of their banks or loan companies selling their information to others. Other opt-outs stop credit card companies from soliciting consumers or end the flow of junk mail and catalogs. While most of the opt-outs are intended to make life less annoying, they can also have the side effect of protecting personal information that can be misused by identity thieves or unscrupulous merchants. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/20/business/20money.html?ex=1326949200&en=3efc9e8515a9ea4a&ei=5090 ...

Linux crapware victim: Mepis8 'collapsed'... webcams don't work on Ubuntu 12.04..."Don't tell me to build a kernel..."
"I need my webcam to work with flash on web pages so that I can speak to family members overseas (Kopete and suchlike). I used mepis8 for years and everything was perfect, my webcams (three different makes), printers and anything else I cared to plug in worked from the off. lovely!! Then mepis8 collapsed suddenly and nothing worked. I tried the newer mepis variants and every other linux distro that I came across to solve the problem, but nothing works. I'm now using ubuntu 12.04, because it's not windows I suppose, but it's far from what I need. ...

Don't like MSIE6? Don't like MS?
If you so dislike MS, do the minimal thing: advocate another browser on web pages you control. Example: http://masonc.home.netcom.com This is not a troll. Just go do what you're told and shut up. Mason C I will not respond Mason A. Clark wrote: > If you so dislike MS, do the minimal thing: advocate another > browser on web pages you control. > > Example: http://masonc.home.netcom.com > > This is not a troll. Just go do what you're told and shut up. > > Mason C I will not respond I don't advocate ...

X windows: don't install or don't run?
Reading a number of books and articles about security, it appears that there are many security issues with X windows. If I want to avoid X window-related security holes, is it enough to run my server with X not up (by, say, choosing an appropriate runlevel), or must I not even install X and related packages? TIA Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY ** ---------------------------------------------------------- http://...

Apples don't fall from the tree, don't you know
Apples don't fall from the tree, don't you know? On 3/23/2015 9:23 AM, John Gohde wrote: > Apples don't fall from the tree, don't you know? No, I don't know that. Nobody but you knows that, GodHesDumb. ..Apples don't fall FAR from the tree, don't you know? > > No, I don't know that. Nobody but you knows that LOL - In DooF..uS' case, they surely float up. On 23/03/2015 13:23, John Gohde wrote: > Apples don't fall from the tree, don't you know? > You might want to carefully read what you wrote unles...

Re: Don't Call. Don't Write. Let Me Be.
Monty Solomon wrote: > YOUR MONEY > Don't Call. Don't Write. Let Me Be. > By DAMON DARLIN > The fears of the direct marketing industry came true. Once a > do-not-call list was created, people did register, in droves. Unfortunately, there are too many exceptions. Non-profit organizations and politicians can still make unwanted soliciting calls and they do so in droves. Past contacts may call as well, and "past contact" is a very loose definition. Some callers simply disregard the law, knowing they'll get away with it. ...

Don't you feel bad when you don't finish up a game??
I own a lot of games that I did not finish. Most current let downs are deus ex 2 and warcraft 3 expansion. I always feel that it is my fault that i dont finish the games. The reason: I lost interest because 1)another cool game came out and bought it and lost interest in the old one or 2) The game sucks (aka deus ex 2) or 3) to hard to finish. Somehow I feel bad altough most of the times I shall not since the designers f***ed the product this time around. Do you guys feel the same way???? Of course you might say that i could wait until I read all the reviews, played the demo amd read t...

Bush: I don't care about anything I don't want
Bush clarifies: If I want, I get and I wanted that man. I usually get everything I want. I wanted a lot of control of oil too, I mean that's what its all about, its that simple. But that's my personal business, mine alone and resistence is futile. I decide, as I am the boss. I am everybody's boss. And you better get it, you two legged multiplying come and go world worms. For whatever its worth (nothing of course), just masochism. Anyway eat shit Bush, I have noting to share with that man. ...

Re: Don't Call. Don't Write. Let Me Be. #3
On Jan 22, 1:01 pm, DevilsPGD <spam_narf_s...@crazyhat.net> wrote: > In message <telecom26.22...@telecom-digest.org>: > Not so much that they get away with it, paying the fines is just a > cost of business. The vast, vast majority of the consumers will not go to the trouble of carefully tracking and reporting illegal solicitation calls. So the solicitors never get into trouble in the first place and thus there is no fine. They use techniques that mask their caller-ID. VOIP carrier?. "Fly-by-night" long distance carrier that simply doesn't pass along the data? Even if a consumer does report a complaint, the authorities only act upon receiving a great many complaints that are solidly substantiated. Again, the chance that will happen is very small. It was a common trick in the old days for scammers to rent a storefront and fake a busy business, do their thing for a few months, then take off before the victims and authorities could react. By the time they do, they only find an empty store, the criminals are long gone. In the modern world, it's a lot easier, no physical property (and expense) is required. Just create a website or telephone carrier, which thanks to deregulation and our beloved "open world*" is very easy to do. Remember the problem with illegal long distance carrier switching? *See Pat's comments on this in a separate post issued today. In my opinion, the problems we ha...

Re: Don't Call. Don't Write. Let Me Be. #2
In message <telecom26.22.10@telecom-digest.org> hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com wrote: > Some callers simply disregard the law, knowing they'll get away with it. Not so much that they get away with it, paying the fines is just a cost of business. 'Tis far better to have snipped too much than to never have snipped at all. [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: The fines should increase each time they are imposed until the company could no longer afford the cost. PAT] ...

OS X
after a bit of reading, it looks like I did a veeeeery shtupid thing... (I'm copying my post to this newsgroup, as the alt.sys.mac.newuser-help group didn't look quite as highly-trafficked...) anyways, here's what I did... ----------------------------------- in an effort to help the owner of a nice shiny new eMac 'clean up' their personal folder, I moved a few items... including the Library folder! it appears.... correct me if I'm wrong... that Mac OS X then created a NEW library... so we restarted it, and all the Quicken data, dialup info, (etc.) was gone... so we ...

Do You Want To Know For Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? The reason some people don't know for sure if they are going to Heaven when they die is because they just don't know. The good news is
The reason some people don't know for sure if they are going to Heaven when they die is because they just don't know. The good news is that you can know for sure that you are going to Heaven which is described in the Holy Bible as a beautiful place with no death, sorrow, sickness or pain. God tells us in the Holy Bible how simple it is to be saved so that we can live forever with Him in Heaven. "For if you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you WILL BE SAVED." (Romans 10:9) Over 2000 years ago God came from ...

[...]

Web resources about - AOL 9.0 don't do it just don't . Don't even think of it. - comp.dcom.telecom