Pinch-Hitter needed for the digest [NFP]

I'm in the hospital, and I'm having surgery today.

The Digest will be off-line during my recovery unless one of the
readers can pinch-hit and approve posts. If you're available to
pinch-hit for a few days, please contact John Levine <johnl@iecc.com>.

Thanks for considering it.

Bill

--
Bill Horne
Moderator

0
redacted (5)
11/16/2009 2:03:06 PM
comp.dcom.telecom 29624 articles. 1 followers. nmclain (7) is leader. Post Follow

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 09:03:06 -0500, Telecom digest moderator
<redacted@invalid.telecom.csail.mit.edu> wrote:

>I'm in the hospital, and I'm having surgery today.
>
>The Digest will be off-line during my recovery unless one of the
>readers can pinch-hit and approve posts. If you're available to
>pinch-hit for a few days, please contact John Levine <johnl@iecc.com>.
>
>Thanks for considering it.

  Considered and done - Which is why this little batch of messages is
showing up in your mailboxes and Usenet browsers right now.

  The Spam Bucket is cleaned out so Bill doesn't have to deal with it
when he gets back, and if the submitted posts are on-topic I'll pass
them through.  You know what's acceptable.

  There isn't anything waiting in the Obfuscate or Anonymous queue,
and I strongly suggest it stay that way.  I'm winging it, so please
mung it before you send it.  And now I get to go through the Digest
Generation process - cross your fingers.

  Of course I opened the editor in mutt to append a real Moderator's
Note online (three times) but for the life of me I can't figure out
how to save the edited message and get back to the command line to
follow the rest of the routine (bounce to the outgoing aliases).  And
John uses alpine not mutt - Help!

  I'm a MS-DOS and WinTel person...   So I'll compose this in Forte
Agent like normal, and send it to myself to authorize.

  If it works, it wasn't a dumb idea.  :-)

  Should you know the magic keystroke in mutt, I'm all ears.

   --<< Bruce Bergman>>--

0
Bruce