Telecom in High Art [telecom]

I'm just listening to a classical radio program - this one featuring
the modern and rather hard-to-take composer Elliott Carter.  He set
three of Robert Frost's poems to music, one of them being "The Line
Gang"

Here come the line-gang pioneering by.
They throw a forest down less cut than broken.
They plant dead trees for living, and the dead
They string together with a living thread.
They string an instrument against the sky
Wherein words whether beaten out or spoken
Will run as hushed as when they were a thought
But in no hush they string it: they go past
With shouts afar to pull the cable taut,
To hold it hard until they make it fast,
To ease away--they have it. With a laugh,
An oath of towns that set the wild at naught
They bring the telephone and telegraph.
0
jhhaynes
8/13/2015 12:29:52 AM
comp.dcom.telecom 29624 articles. 1 followers. nmclain (7) is leader. Post Follow

funny telecom cartoon (telecom) [telecom]
For a bit of telecom humor, see: http://www.gocomics.com/offthemark/2014/02/18 -- Rich Greenberg Sarasota, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 941 378 2097 Eastern time. N6LRT I speak for myself & my dogs only. VM'er since CP-67 Canines: Val,Red,Shasta,Zero,Casey & Cinnar (At the bridge) Owner:Chinook-L Canines: Red & Max (Siberians) Retired at the beach Asst Owner:Sibernet-L ...

[telecom] Need some guidance on telecom easements [Telecom]
> ***** Moderator's Note ***** > > IANAL, and you need a good one, experienced in both easements and > tower leases. Don't go to the local guy: this is an area where new > precedents are being set almost daily, as cell towers and cellular > infrastructure pop up at every streetcorner. You need a firm that > does this all the time. > > You can start by getting some facts by yourself: > > 1. What frequencies will the transmitter(s) operator on? > 2. What company will hold the FCC license? > 3. What are the authorized emission types? &...

Verizon FIOS (telecom) [telecom]
This was originally posted to comp.dcom.telecom.tech in error, it was intended for cdt, so reposting to proper place with some followup added. During the recent FIOS discussion, I had nothing to add, so I didn't. Its been fine since it was installed 2+ years ago. Just recently, I had some issues, and I wanted to pass along what I encountered for the benefit of the group. At first, both wired and wireless went dead. A power cycle fixed it, and the wired connections had no furthur problems. The wireless was not working. The first time or 2 the Verizon "In Home Agent&qu...

[telecom]recorded telecom messages
an archive of recorded messages: http://www.payphone-directory.org/sounds.html Dave Garland wrote: > an archive of recorded messages: > http://www.payphone-directory.org/sounds.html > heh heh, those have some humor potential! Rick Merrill wrote: >Dave Garland wrote: >>an archive of recorded messages: >>http://www.payphone-directory.org/sounds.html >> >heh heh, those have some humor potential! Friend of mine had a very realistic sounding ring tone with perfect SIT (tone) sequence and "We're sorry due to call overload, our system ...

Need a telecom attorney [Telecom]
I'm looking for an attorney in the Philadelphia area who specializes in land easements. We have a telecom company looking to put some antenna's, and I guess transmitters on our property and want someone to review the agreements. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Michael Muderick ***** Moderator's Note ***** Michael, you're a very wise man. IANAL, and I'm sure the readers will offer suggestions, but let me add these suggestions to get you started: * How many antennas? How man transmitters? (It's NOT a one-to-one relationship!) * For _their_ radi...

[Telecom] Series on Telecom security
Bruce Schneier, who coined the term "Security Theater" and is the author of "Applied Cryptography", publishes a newletter called CRYPTO-GRAM, which I recommend to those who are interested in both cryptography and security issues. The January 15, 2010, issue includes these links: 'A very good four-part series: "Risk and Security in the Telecommunications Industry." ' http://tinyurl.com/yl6pg92 http://tinyurl.com/ykus3fh http://tinyurl.com/ye7qzhv http://tinyurl.com/ykmxam7 The series discusses the issues of survivability and resilience tha...

Cut Your Telecom Bills [telecom]
There is a good article called "Cut your telecom bills" in the May, 2011 issue of Consumer Reports magazine. There are several parts of it that caught my eye right away: a section titled "Some fiber really isn't", covering some of the physical-layer issues we've been discussing here, and a section on the "Ooma" VoIP service, plus a section on "The benefits of bundling and bargaining". I'm curious what the Digest's readers think about the article. Bill -- Bill Horne (Filter QRM for direct replies) Bill Horne wrote: ...

Telecom News in TELECOM Digest
No offense, but I read other sources of news, and I see the stuff below in several places where it's accurately sorted by topic. I read Telecom Digest to get *telecom* related information, not the latest Dish TV "special" or what Amazon is doing this week. Just a simple comment. -W > Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 12:10:52 -0500 > From: Monty Solomon <monty@roscom.com> > Subject: DISH Network $999 HDTV Promo > http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/products/system/ [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: And no offense taken. Monty Solomon is a sort of e...

[telecom] Harassed by robocalls [Telecom]
On Saturday, November 15, 2008 10:20 PM "Steven Lichter" <diespammers@ikillspammers.com> wrote: [ snip ] > the Golf Course in Lon Beach. What was happening was when the hunt > group was busy the next call would go to another hunt group, which had > out number on it; I would tell them they reached the wrong number, most > were understanding and would try again. I passed the problem to our > customer service office and they contacted the golf course and told > them that they needed to add more numbers to their hunt group because > they w...

Telecom
We Pay You Cash For Your Telecom Equipment Located in Deerfield Beach, Telenet Systems pays top dollar for all types o= f used telephone systems, parts, pieces and data network gear nationwide. T= oday's new business telephone systems are designed to improve communication= , reduce your communication cost and, most importantly, increase productivi= ty. If you're considering upgrading the phone systems in your office, consider = selling them first to Telenet Systems. The company refurbishes and sells a = variety of phone equipment including telephone systems, transmission, swi...

Digital bonanza for telecoms historians [telecom]
http://www.itwire.com/it-industry-news/development/52118-digital-bonanza-for-telecoms-historians Digital bonanza for telecoms historians Stuart Corner Thursday, 12 January 2012 12:06 IT Industry - Development The UK's National Archive is to digitise 165 years worth of British Telecom's and its predecessors' historical documents. The project is a collaboration between Coventry University, BT Heritage and The National Archive and aims to catalogue, digitise and develop a searchable online archive of almost half a million photographs, images, documents and correspo...

Telecom challenge: Hurricane Irene [telecom]
Hurricane Irene is expected to hit the eastern US this weekend with very heavy rains and high winds. Considerable flooding is expected. Also expected are many power failures. This is because the ground is already saturated from recent rain storms, the hurricane will add considerable rain, and high winds will knock many trees into wires. It is expected to take a few days to restore power. It will be interesting to see how the telecom providers react to the storm to keep service running in terms of landlines, cellular, and Internet traffic. Will traditional landline central office...

Re: [telecom] Cellphones and driving [Telecom]
In a message dated 7/3/2009 9:15:12 AM Central Daylight Time, sam@coldmail.com writes: > I think a first-rate hands free system, although of some > distraction, is far, far less hazardous than holding a phone to > one's Repeated studies have shown their is no difference in the distraction caused by cellphone to your ear or hands-free. It's apparently the conversation, not the holding of the phone to your ear. Wes Leatherock wesrock@aol.com wleathus@yahoo.com Wesrock@aol.com wrote: > In a message dated 7/3/2009 9:15:12 AM Central Daylight Time...

The perfect Telecom conversation piece [telecom]
Here's a perfect conversation piece for those awkward social situations when someone asks what you did for a living in the dark ages before computers: http://tinyurl.com/ygltn8r . If you wind up buying it, feel free to invite me over to hook it up. ;-) Of course, if you _do_ want to hook something up to a computer for demonstrations, something more "modern" may be in order, so here's some info on other equipment that is available for pickup in New Jersey. (This is from the "Greenkeys" mailing list). The seller's email is joewvu@remove-this.verizo...

Web resources about - Telecom in High Art [telecom] - comp.dcom.telecom

Cubic Telecom - Home
... that travels could communicate through mobile technology - but without crippling roaming or network costs. That's the vision which Cubic Telecom ...

Telecom News, Telecom Companies, Telecom Industry - Fierce Telecom
FierceTelecom is the leading telecom news source for Telcos and telecom industry insiders. Get updated on top telecom companies, NGN, WiMAX, ...

Home - Global Telecoms Business
Global Telecoms Business is the leading intelligence source for senior managers who run telecoms carriers worldwide. It provides business people, ...

Become a CLEC - ISG-Telecom Consultants - #1 US regulatory firm ISG-Telecom Consultants is the #1 CLEC ...
ISG-Telecom is devoted to creating new CLEC's and IXC's. Turn Key CLEC Strategies with full regulatory filing at the PUC & FCC levels. CLEC legal ...

Telecom Italia - Telecom Italia
Telecom Italia offers infrastructures, platforms and services for mobile and fixed phones, internet, ICT solutions and media content.

Telecompaper – Telecom news and research – News Home
tp:news tp:research tp:events Edition: International Nederlands Log in Register Products 0 Article Binder Telecompaper Loading... 0 Home Mobile ...

Telecompetitor - Providing insight, analysis, and commentary on the evolving telecom competitive landscape ...
With shipments of residential gateways rising but revenue dropping, service providers are looking to expand beyond traditional triple play services, ...

Telecom Reseller - The Voice of Unified Communication and Collaboration
The Voice of Unified Communication and Collaboration

Telecoms Korea - Since 2004
Telecoms Korea Since 2004 Contact

Bienvenue sur le site du GER Télécom - GER Télécom
Depuis 1981, plus de 700 contrats ont prouvé notre savoir-faire et ont fait du GER Télécom l'une des grandes Junior-Entreprises françaises. Implantée ...