Telecom News in TELECOM Digest

No offense, but I read other sources of news, and I see the stuff
below in several places where it's accurately sorted by topic.  I read
Telecom Digest to get *telecom* related information, not the latest
Dish TV "special" or what Amazon is doing this week.  Just a simple
comment.

-W

> Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 12:10:52 -0500
> From: Monty Solomon <monty@roscom.com>
> Subject: DISH Network $999 HDTV Promo

>   http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/products/system/

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: And no offense taken. Monty Solomon is
a sort of exceptional case among my various correspondents. He works
for free, mind you, with his e-press clipping service, sending me just
tons of good items for the Digest, stuff I would never be able to sit
around investigating and looking at own my own given my own limited
resources. Not all strictly, absolutely telecom related, except often
times in a very peripheral way. At one point in time -- maybe until a
year ago more or less -- I was simply taking all his material and
running it as one large 'column' of news in each issue. But then
several readers suggested breaking his stuff into individusl items,
as he sent it, and run each piece separately, so that people could
quickly sort through it and take only want they wanted to read, and
after some discussion here in the Digest, that is how it wound up
coming down. Use your key to move forward and skip what of his was
not wanted.

To improve on this plan slightly, last week with the help of our
reader jmat@mac.com (a guy named Mattox out of Madison, WI I think)
we 'colorized' the web-based newsletter published here in the
http://telecom-digest.org 'latest issue' file, making the subject
lines come out in red and emphasized slightly, so that people who
choose to read that version and can slide their mouse rapidly down
the screen picking through things to read (a lot like when you can
through a printed newspaper and scan for headlines of interest), they
can speed right along looking for the occassional red emphasized line
of print. Likewise, the notes I insert from time to time (too often
and too long in the opinion of some readers) are also offset with a
different color for the few of you who like to read my words of
wisdom (or tons of balogna if you prefer, so you can skip over those
as well.) The coloring is only for that file, which is usually set
in place with a 'pre' command and dismissed with a '/pre' command at
the end of each issue. The coloring is not in the archives, and not
on this ascii-text based edition many of you are reading now. I hope
that helps many of you sort through what you want and don't want to
see in the Digest each issue.   PAT]

0
Christopher
1/25/2004 11:12:38 PM
comp.dcom.telecom 29624 articles. 1 followers. nmclain (7) is leader. Post Follow

funny telecom cartoon (telecom) [telecom]
For a bit of telecom humor, see: http://www.gocomics.com/offthemark/2014/02/18 -- Rich Greenberg Sarasota, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 941 378 2097 Eastern time. N6LRT I speak for myself & my dogs only. VM'er since CP-67 Canines: Val,Red,Shasta,Zero,Casey & Cinnar (At the bridge) Owner:Chinook-L Canines: Red & Max (Siberians) Retired at the beach Asst Owner:Sibernet-L ...

[telecom] Need some guidance on telecom easements [Telecom]
> ***** Moderator's Note ***** > > IANAL, and you need a good one, experienced in both easements and > tower leases. Don't go to the local guy: this is an area where new > precedents are being set almost daily, as cell towers and cellular > infrastructure pop up at every streetcorner. You need a firm that > does this all the time. > > You can start by getting some facts by yourself: > > 1. What frequencies will the transmitter(s) operator on? > 2. What company will hold the FCC license? > 3. What are the authorized emission types? &...

Digium Responses for Telecom Digest [Telecom]
Moderator's Note: After a recent thread that brought up the subject of Asterisk PBX's, I decided to get some more information to share with the readers. I wrote to Digium sales, and submitted a list of questions. Herewith, the answers from Digium: because their response contained Microsoft character remnants, I had to redo the numbering. I also repositioned some questions and answers to make the topics more clear: any confusion is my fault. Bill Horne Temporary Moderator - - - - - - - - - Subject: Digium Responses for Telecom Digest Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 16...

Nice interface to Telecom-Digest [Telecom]
I spent quite a bit of time digging around for the instructions to change my email address on this list. Yesterday, I found: http://lists.services.net/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr/domain=telecom-digest.org For whatever reason, this site made more sense to me than what I found on http://telecom-digest.org Hope this helps someone.... ...

Telecom Digest F.A.Q. [telecom]
This is the list of frequently-asked questions for The Telecom Digest, and it is sent to new subscribers automatically. It is also posted in the Digest whenever the contents change, and once per quarter even if the contents have not changed. Q. What is The Telecom Digest? A. The Telecom Digest is the oldest continuously published mailing list on the Internet. It was started before Usenet existed, but is now available via the Usenet group comp.dcom.telecom. Q. Who's in charge? A. The current Moderator is Bill Horne, and you may reach him by sending email to teleco...

Telecom Digest archives questions [TELECOM]
All, I had a discussion tonight with Bill about our archives. As most of you are aware we have long maintained our own set of archives here: http://massis.lcs.mit.edu/telecom-archives/. This forum started in 1981 when Sergey and Larry were doing whatever 8 year-olds did in 1981 and Google Groups did not exist. If we wanted an archive we had to do it ourselves. I can't speak for everyone, but going back and reading the old archives has been like a trip down memory lane. I remember when we had The Phone Company and would wait until 11 PM to call our grandparents to save on to...

Telecom Digest Info file [telecom]
This is the "Info" document for The Telecom Digest. It is sent automatically to new subscribers, and posted occasionally in the Digest. The Telecom Digest is an electronic magazine, or e-zine, devoted mostly to telecommunications, and mostly to the Companies, technology, regulations, politics, and people that affect, create, maintain, and govern the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) of the world. This is, as the above paragraph no doubt implies, much easier to _do_ than to _explain_. We cover any subject that's related to the telephone network, including Voi...

Telecom Digest Reader Survey [telecom]
An invitation, from the Moderator: > In an effort to improve both the quality of The Telecom Digest and the > skill of its moderator, you are invited to take part in a survey. The > survey results will be used to help guide the Moderator's choices when > he decides what posts are appropriate, and to give him a better idea of > the interests, likes, dislikes, and tastes of the Digest audience. > > The introduction to the survey is somewhat lengthy, but please bear with > it -- you are entitled to know how your responses will be handled, and > that ...

Telecom Digest Reader Survey [telecom] #2
An invitation, from the Moderator: > In an effort to improve both the quality of The Telecom Digest and the > skill of its moderator, you are invited to take part in a survey. The > survey results will be used to help guide the Moderator's choices when > he decides what posts are appropriate, and to give him a better idea of > the interests, likes, dislikes, and tastes of the Digest audience. > > The introduction to the survey is somewhat lengthy, but please bear with > it -- you are entitled to know how your responses will be handled, and > that ...

Re: The Telecom Digest (1 messages) [TELECOM]
> Per T: >>> It's not going to happen. Most phone services allow call-block now. And >>> on my phone I use Blacklist for Android - MetroPCS wants to charge me a >>> buck a month for phone block. A $2 app does it forever and I don't need >>> to pay MetroPCS for the privilege. >> But don't Call-Block services depend on a blacklist? If so, who >> maintains the blacklist? >> >> What data does the Android app work from? Does it just block >> anything where the calling number is not in your phonebook? > ...

CORRECTED! Telecom Digest Reader Survey [telecom]
From the survey analyst -- I GOOFED!! If you haven't already responded to the original survery, please DO NOT! The original survey went out with errors in the email addresses. Any response to the original survey will bounce. If you did already respond to the original, and you have a bounce message with the full text of your message, you can simply send that bounce to 'survey@survey.dyndns-mail.com'. I will fish the responses out of the bounce message. A corrected copy of the complete survey message follows: An invitation, from the Moderator: > In a...

Re: The Telecom Digest (16 messages) [telecom]
Sat, 25 Sep 2010 23:23:21 -0400 Monty Solomon <monty@roscom.com> noted the article: <<Smartphones encourage mobile user churn Owners of high end handsets are the least loyal, bad news for AT&T CAROLINE GABRIEL Published: 22 September, 2010 High end smartphones not only bring operators' networks crashing down with their high rates of data consumption, but they breed fickle consumers who will worsen churn levels, especially as users get more hostile to two-year contract lock-ins. The downside of the smartphone boom is highlighted in a survey by Nokia Siemen...

LAST CALL for comments! Telecom Digest Survey [telecom]
The submission period for responses to this survey is about to end. If you have not responded yet, you are strongly encouraged to do so. If you read this as a newsgroup -- 'comp.dcom.telecom' -- PLEASE, even you do not chose to answer any of the questions in the survey, send a _minimal_ response to this message so that I can give the moderator some idea of how many people actually read the newsgroup. At this point, responses from newsgroup readers are a single-digit number. I *hope* (and believe) there are many more of you out there than have been heard from, _so_far_. ...

Please help to reconstruct the Telecom Digest Archives [telecom]
Thanks for reading this: Robert Bonomi and I are working on updating the Telecom Digest archives, and we need your help. We're looking for original Usenet posts and Digest emails sent out from July 15, 2007 to August 16, 2008. If you have any of them, please write to me offline, and let me know what is available. Bill -- Bill Horne (Filter QRM for direct replies) ...

Web resources about - Telecom News in TELECOM Digest - comp.dcom.telecom

Cubic Telecom - Home
... that travels could communicate through mobile technology - but without crippling roaming or network costs. That's the vision which Cubic Telecom ...

Telecom News, Telecom Companies, Telecom Industry - Fierce Telecom
Free Telecom Daily Newsletter Get the latest news on Telcos, Next Generation Networks, Broadband, and other critical service provider topics ...

Home - Global Telecoms Business
Global Telecoms Business is the leading intelligence source for senior managers who run telecoms carriers worldwide. It provides business people, ...

Become a CLEC - ISG-Telecom Consultants - #1 US regulatory firm ISG-Telecom Consultants is the #1 CLEC ...
ISG-Telecom is devoted to creating new CLEC's and IXC's. Turn Key CLEC Strategies with full regulatory filing at the PUC & FCC levels. CLEC legal ...

Telecom Italia - Telecom Italia
Telecom Italia offers infrastructures, platforms and services for mobile and fixed phones, internet, ICT solutions and media content.

Telecompaper – Telecom news and research – News Home
tp:news tp:research tp:events Edition: International Nederlands Log in Register Products 0 Article Binder Telecompaper Loading... 0 Home Mobile ...

Telecompetitor - Providing insight, analysis, and commentary on the evolving telecom competitive landscape ...
U.S. wireless subscriber connections increased 7% between 2010 and 2011 , reaching 331.6 million, according to CTIA - The Wireless Industry Association. ...

Telecom Reseller
The News Source for UC, Cloud, Collaboration and Mobility

Telecoms Korea - Since 2004
Telecoms Korea Since 2004 Contact

Bienvenue sur le site du GER Télécom - GER Télécom
Depuis 1981, plus de 700 contrats ont prouvé notre savoir-faire et ont fait du GER Télécom l'une des grandes Junior-Entreprises françaises. Implantée ...