SIP and end-to-end

Common wisdom says that for a SIP-based telephony session the media
stream is directly end to end.
However, for both FWD and sipgate.de I figured that the media stream
goes via the respective provider. I would assume the sip proxy to
manipulate the Invite messages accordingly.
Is this being done to better cope with NAT devices and firewalls?

--
Georg Schwarz    http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
 georg.schwarz@freenet.de  +49 178 8545053

Hello,

> Common wisdom says that for a SIP-based telephony session the media
> stream is directly end to end.
> However, for both FWD and sipgate.de I figured that the media stream
> goes via the respective provider. I would assume the sip proxy to
> manipulate the Invite messages accordingly.
> Is this being done to better cope with NAT devices and firewalls?
Exactly. For instance see PortaSIP User Guide, "NAT traversal" chapter for
more details.
http://www.portaone.com/resources/docs/PortaSIP/m-r-11/PortaSIP_User_Guide_MR11.pdf

With best regards,
Andriy Zhylenko
--
Andrew Zhilenko
Please remove "hide-email." from my email address when replying,

end to end testing
when doing end to end testing wheather we stop the testing and contact some other testing? anand4180 wrote: > when doing end to end testing wheather we stop the testing and > contact some other testing? You never stop testing. You "analyze" (meaning "guess") how much of each kind to do, and then you release whenever the program passes all tests and has new features. And most of your tests should be automated. Again, you "analyze" to discover how many. -- Phlip http://www.greencheese.us/ZeekLand <-- NOT a blog!!! On Mar 17, 6:13 am, &qu...

end to end security
hi what exactly does end to end security mean?? is SSL considered as an end to end security product? Besides using SSL in web servers/browsers, in what other ways can we make use of SSL? can it be used in file transfers and how to do it?? thanks mike wrote: > > hi > what exactly does end to end security mean?? is SSL considered as an > end to end security product? End-to-end means that the communicating parties en/decrypt themselves. No party along the path is able to decrypt the messages. In this sense SSL is end-to-end. > Besides using SSL in web servers/browsers, in what...

End-to-End VOIP
I just bought a pair of Grandstreams Budgettone 100's for $65 from Pulver for a cross-country test. Boy am I impressed. The test was between the SF, CA area to Northampton, MA. The most striking thing was how quiet the connection was. (Sort of like going from phonographs to well-recorded CD's.) The fact that the phone doesn't need any 2-wire to 4-wire hybrid can't hurt either. Lets hear it for true uni-directional talk paths without any transformers in the way to saturate and add other distortions and coloration. The raw ping times between the endpoints was noisy wi...

This is the End... My Only Friend, The End...
Hi Pals, I got two days ago a phone call from a friend from SW Engineering in the U.S. He spent 29 years and six months at DEC/CPQ/HP (PDP, VAX, Alpha, Itanium). He terminated his current project last week, then was called by his manager. The manager said (more or less) "good job, now, I'm sorry but "Business has changed" (sic). You may leave the Company. Good bye, good luck and thank you for all the coding". I do not think that a Company can fire people from Engineering with such skills if the Product is not going to be phased out soon. D. -- Didier MORANDI...

NGN Signaling: Revenue Protection for End-to-End IP Networks
Hi, Country "A" has a plan on implementing three things (mostly regulatory) a. Mandatory interconnectivity between phone companies. b. Cheaper International calls to user. c. Easy MNP implementation. 1. All the phone companies will be connected to Interconnection Exchanges. These Interconnection Exchanges should offer services like MNP, ENUM-assisted routing etc. These Interconnection Exchanges will have to connect to International (VoIP) gateways. You might consult the total layout at the end of this document. What can be the interfaces between these two layers? Currently all the...

Getting client ip address with apache front end and tomcat back end
Hi all, I had the following code in my httpd.conf which does not work. When I google it, I found somebody else has exact same problem. I am wondering if any one know any other way to do it... RewriteEngine on RewriteLog "/tmp/rewrite.log" RewriteLogLevel 9 RewriteRule ^(.*)&(.*)$ $1&$2 [S=1] RewriteRule (.*) $1&%{HTTP_COOKIE} # If there's a '; ' then there is more than one variable left RewriteRule ^(.*);.(.*)=(.*)$ $1 [E=$2:$3,N] # Now there's only one variable left RewriteRule ^(.*)&(.*)=(.*)$ $1 [E=$2:$3] RewriteRule ^(.*)&$ $1 ...

[rfc-dist] RFC 6076 on Basic Telephony SIP End-to-End Performance Metrics
A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries. RFC 6076 Title: Basic Telephony SIP End-to-End Performance Metrics Author: D. Malas, A. Morton Status: Standards Track Stream: IETF Date: January 2011 Mailbox: d.malas@cablelabs.com, acmorton@att.com Pages: 27 Characters: 61559 Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None I-D Tag: draft-ietf-pmol-sip-perf-metrics-07.txt URL: h...

what is the meaning of "end" when using num2str(y1(end)
i have a few functions and i would like to display error as y1-y2 on the graph....it only works when i type num2str(y1(end)-y2(end)) ..but doesnt work when i type num2str(y1-y2).It says matrix dimensions dont agree. So what is this "end" mean? can i make it work without using "end"? "whatever name" <changed_now@hotmail.com> wrote in message <fes4ca$68m$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > i have a few functions and i would like to display error as > y1-y2 on the graph....it only works when i type > num2str(y1(end)-y2(end)) ..but doesnt work when i typ...

\csname @@end\endcsname\end
Hello all, I often see that sequence: \csname @@end\endcsname\end Can somebody explain it to me? TIA -- Christophe Christophe Jorssen wrote, On 2011-06-21 13:45: > Hello all, > > I often see that sequence: > > \csname @@end\endcsname\end > > Can somebody explain it to me? > > TIA > seen where? -- /daleif (remove RTFSIGNATURE from email address) Memoir and mh bundle maintainer LaTeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq LaTeX book: http://www.imf.au.dk/system/latex/bog/ (in Danish) Remember to post minimal examples, see URL below http://www.minim...

Measur End To End Performance
Hallo, does anybody know a Testing tool to measure the lantency of the client, server and application. I used Net.Medic from VitalSigns, but there is only GUI Interface for the network traffic. But I�m looking for a tool which you can save the data which you have measuered. I hope somebody can help me. Stefan Gabel ...

end to end and regression testing.
What is the difference between end to end and regression testing ? Can we call regression testing as a part of end to end testing ? Let me put my question with an example: We have a release planned with 3 new features. 1st feature is implemented and we have tested it, by the time or some time later we finish testing feature 1, we get feature 2 for testing. We test feature 2 along with regression on feature one. Again, by the time or some time later we finish testing feature 2, we get feature 3 for testing. We test feature 3 along with regression on feature 1 and 2. Once the third feature is t...

Back -end Front-end
I just read these terms a few posts ago and have come across them in a database I inherited recently. Could someone please explain what this/these mean(s)? Brian Keanie wrote: > I just read these terms a few posts ago and have come across them in a > database I inherited recently. Could someone please explain what > this/these mean(s)? In the context of an Access app the front end is the application file that contains forms, reports, queries, code. The back end contains the data. In some cases the back end is another Access/Jet file and in others it is a server database like ...

The beginning of the end, or the end of the beginning?
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_4747497 The beginning of the end, almost certainly. The cases will drag on into 2008 irrespective, but I'd be very surprised if SCO itself doesn't gone into administration during 2007. They must be almost out of cash by now, and all their assets are probably owed to Novell anyway. We should know more about the cash situation in a couple of weeks. On Sun, 3 Dec 2006, jezlinux wrote: > The beginning of the end, almost certainly. The cases will drag on > into 2008 irrespective, but I'd be very surprised if SCO itself doesn't > gone int...

do...end vs. begin..end
I realize what the difference between these two block delimiters is, but I can't seem to put it in words. I realize that you only use do..end when you are passing a block to a method, and that you can use begin..end to create a block expression with a specific return value (and rescue/ensure clauses). How would I explain to someone what the difference is, though? I've been reading through "Programming Ruby" and they just call both of them "block"s. Anyone with a better way of explaining it? -Kurt Hi Kurt, "Brian Candler" <B.Candler@pobox.com>...

Front End / Back End
I originally had my DB in MS Access 2000 split into a frontend and backend. I have now merged them so they are together. Nonetheless, some of the setting and scripts I had no longer work. I keep on getting an error with the following script when I try to run a report:- "Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) Dim lngSource As Integer Dim lngTarget As Integer Dim strFilter As String intLoop = 1 If IsLoaded("Translators") Then" There is more to this script, however this is the part which gets highlighted. Any ideas? What is the error message? And, which spec...

it == c.end() || ++it == c.end()
Hello, Simple question: I have an iterator "it" and a container "c". Does the following code yield undefined behaviour, or is there a sequence point? if (it == c.end() || ++it == c.end()) // whatever regards, Thomas [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/clcm.htm for info about ] [ comp.lang.c++.moderated. First time posters: Do this! ] Thomas Mang wrote: > > I have an iterator "it" and a container "c". > Does the following code yield undefined behaviour, or is there a > sequence point? > > if (it == c.end() || ++it ...

RE: This is the End... My Only Friend, The End...
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C51E37.E93660D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I apologise to anyone when I try to "reply" to an info-vax message if they = get a personal copy. I am now having to go through "Outlook Web Access", s= ince an upgrade to the exchange server has lost me access via Mozilla, over= which I had a small amount of control. This BG stuff is absolutely the bi= ggest cr*p on this planet -- in this universe (there *might* be life on Mar= s, or o...

pasting files end to end
I've got a series of data files organized in a directory structure by month and day, like this: may06/1, may06/2 ... june06/1, june06/2 ... oct06/16, oct06/17 Each file consists of anywhere from 500 to 5,000 records. Each record is 87 fields long. Fields may contain an arbitrary length of text, but the vast majority are either empty or consists of short strings, like name, address, email, phone, etc. Individual records can be as long as 5,000 characters. (These are registration records, kept as CSV files, but we are getting overwhelmed.) I need to stick all the files together end to end ...

The failings of end-to-end model
There are two models in this industry: The iTunes/iPod end-to-end model where a single vendor provides the hardware, software and services, and the Windows component model where each component is made by a different vendor who specializes in that area. Which is better? For simple gadgets like iPod, it has become clear that the iTunes/iPod model is better. Apple owns the entire user experience, consumers love it, and the model has proved to be a huge success. But for more complex devices like a personal notebook computer? The jury is still out on that. I love Mac OS X. But the hardware from A...

End to End Performance Measurement
We have two DSL-connected sites that connect to each other often. Performance is very intermittent, and we are trying to determine which connection is the bad one. I think one of the two DSL lines is probably giving terrible performance. What would be the best tool for monitoring performance of these lines? I think a program that runs as a Windows service and did pings to public web sites and graphed the latency over time would reveal a lot. Who has such a tool? What program could be used to trace end to end performance of the various systems, keeping in mind that there are...

Measure delay end-to-end
How can I measure the delay end-to-end over a WAN link? Thanks to all! Dave A quick and dirty way is to use ping. There are also some free tools out there to collect data for a period of time and give you an average delay. ...

Aesthetics of while ... do ... end versus while ...: ... end

\verb ended by end of line.
Bonjour, J'aimerais d=E9finir une nouvelle commande prenant en param=E8tre un argument qui sera une fois affich=E9 sans interpr=E9tation de latex (en verbatim) et une nouvelle foit affich=E9 normalement (c'est =E0 dire interpr=E9t=E9 normalement par latex). J'ai donc d=E9finit cette nouvelle commande de cette mani=E8re: \documentclass{article} \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc} % codage des caract=E8res et coupures cyrilliques \usepackage{verbatim} \usepackage{listings} \usepackage{alltt} \newcommand\nomDeMaCommande[1]{\verb|#1| #1} \begin{document} \nomDeMaCommande{\emph{toto} tit...

Measure End to End Performance
Hallo, does anybody know a testing tool which you can measure and breakdown the latency into server and network componets. I found a white paper, who describes how you can measure this things. I also found a tool from Vitalsign called Net.Medic. But this doesn't have a export interface which I want to use to make a nice diagramm. This tool only have a GUI Interface. Anybody also want to measure this stuff? It should be only a Client installation to measure this data. I would be great if somebody could help me. Best regards Stefan Gabel. Stefan Gabel wrote: > Hallo, > > doe...

Web resources about - SIP and end-to-end - comp.dcom.voice-over-ip

End-to-end principle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The end-to-end principle states that application-specific functions ought to reside in the end hosts of a network rather than in intermediary ...

End to End with Polymer (The Polymer Summit 2015) - YouTube
Polymer and Web Components are exciting, but developers are not always sure how to connect the dots to get a full blown, production-ready app. ...

End-to-End Ethernet Connectivity Bundle
The source for IT industry news, views and analysis across the channel, business and technology

FBI wants companies to back off end-to-end encryption
U.S. tech companies should retain access to the encrypted information of their customers, instead of providing end-to-end encryption, in order ...

Google steps up bid to stop emailing snooping with End-to-End software tool
GOOGLE has stepped up its effort to make it tougher for spies or anyone else to snoop on email, unveiling Chrome browser software for scrambling ...

Gazzang buy gives end-to-end encryption for Cloudera Hadoop
Cloudera will incorporate technology from its acquisition of encryption software provider Gazzang into Apache Hadoop so that industries with ...

Cisco starts again with 1 Mainstream end to end OTT service
... in the workings of our new ROI service (Rethink OTT Intelligence) we have found a number of deals which were press released as going to Cisco ...

Google announces Android ‘M’ with a focus on ‘quality end to end,’ developer preview coming soon (Update ...
... preview images of Android M for Nexus 5 (GSM/LTE), Nexus 6, Nexus 9, and Nexus Player on the Preview SDK page. Google has said updates to the ...

Whatsapp brings strong end-to-end crypto to the masses
Wikipedia In a coup for privacy advocates, strong end-to-end encryption is coming to Whatsapp, a cross-platform instant messaging app with more ...

End To End Encryption
I’ve been trying to figure out what I think about a bunch of things that keep cropping up. Yesterday it was ad blocking. Today it is end to end ...