Need assistance with Cisco VPN client and Linux FC4

I need someone with Linux and Cisco VPN expertise to help me work out
why the client can fails more often than not to reconnect to the same
host. Debug logs are not particularly helpful put would appear to
indicate that IKE can not send to the remote gateway.

Direct contact would be appreciated, please email me.

TIA.

0
godzone
12/29/2005 2:40:33 AM
comp.dcom.vpn 2307 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

godzone wrote:
> I need someone with Linux and Cisco VPN expertise to help me work out
> why the client can fails more often than not to reconnect to the same
> host. Debug logs are not particularly helpful put would appear to
> indicate that IKE can not send to the remote gateway.
>
> Direct contact would be appreciated, please email me.

Since the OP was only interested in helping himself and not letting the
group see the answers, I would appreciate any words on this, since I'm
trying to get this same type of thing going. No specific question yet,
the module load didn't seem to set the routing right, but I'm just
getting started in my spare time.

If you don't want to share the answers please keep the question out of
the group as well, googling for information is a good way to share
knowledge.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
   CTO TMR Associates, Inc

In the end I gave up with the VPN client on FC4, simply could not get
it working reliably.  However, for my project I backed out to FC3 and
all the VPN problems went away. My conclusion - there is a binary
incompatibility with the Cisco binaries, compiled with gcc 3.95 and the
libraries on FC4 compiled with gcc4.0

I had no intention of keeping any answers to myself.  I am a great
believer in 'the common knowledge'. I was anticipating having to send
debug files etc and posting such things to a group isn't a good idea.
Had I got to the bottom of the problem with help from someone in this
group, I would have posted a summary of activity.

0
godzone