Site to Site Question

Hi, All,
I try to set up a site to site VPN connection to a bank office. The remote
site ( the bank) uses Cicso VPN router and give me all their info that
needed for setup. They told me that some of their partners use NetGear VPN
router and sucessfully connected. So, I bought a NetGear VPN router, but am
unable to make the connection. The bank said may be we need to buy a CISCO
VPN router.
Is this true the both end should use the same router.
GL

comp.dcom.vpn 2307 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

G L wrote:
> Hi, All,
> I try to set up a site to site VPN connection to a bank office. The remote
> site ( the bank) uses Cicso VPN router and give me all their info that
> needed for setup. They told me that some of their partners use NetGear VPN
> router and sucessfully connected. So, I bought a NetGear VPN router, but am
> unable to make the connection. The bank said may be we need to buy a CISCO
> VPN router.
> Is this true the both end should use the same router.
> GL

No you should be able to mix different equipment vendors.  Just don't
expect as much support.

--
WARNING!  Email address has been altered for spam resistance.
Mike Drechsler (mike-newsgroup@-deletethispart-.upcraft.com)

Good luck,

Edgar
0