VPN Clients can't see internal network

I'm using XP Pro as a VPN Server and when a client logs in, it cannot
ping other machines on the network, only the VPN Server.  My searches on
google have produced reams of discussions, but nothing that seems
pertinent.  My experience is that complex problems have simple solutions
but I don't even know where to start looking.  Anybody have some ideas
for me to try?

Thanks,

--
Gerald
0

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 18:08:31 GMT, Gerald Meazell <gmeazell@swbell.net>
wrote:

>I'm using XP Pro as a VPN Server and when a client logs in, it cannot
>ping other machines on the network, only the VPN Server.  My searches on
>google have produced reams of discussions, but nothing that seems
>pertinent.  My experience is that complex problems have simple solutions
>but I don't even know where to start looking.  Anybody have some ideas
>for me to try?

I have run into this in the past and have been able to rix it as
follows:

Under the VPN Client go to

Properties|Networking|TCP/IP|Properties|General|Advanced|General|

"Use Default Gateway on Remote Network"

Uncheck it.

--

Map Of The Vast Right Wing Conspiracy:
http://www.freewebs.com/vrwc/

"You can all go to hell, and I will go to Texas."
--David Crockett

0
spam
4/20/2004 8:46:31 PM
Bob wrote:

>I have run into this in the past and have been able to rix it as
>follows:
>
>Under the VPN Client go to
>
>Properties|Networking|TCP/IP|Properties|General|Advanced|General|
>
>"Use Default Gateway on Remote Network"
>
>Uncheck it.

Already got that.

--
Gerald
0
wrote:

>>I have run into this in the past and have been able to fix it as
>>follows:

>>Under the VPN Client go to

>>Properties|Networking|TCP/IP|Properties|General|Advanced|General|

>>"Use Default Gateway on Remote Network"

>>Uncheck it.

>Already got that.

Then all I can recommend is to get a ZyWall. MS PPTP VPN is a
tinkertoy.