VPN from Cisco to VPN

Does anyone know how to create a VPN (ANy type) from a Cisco 1601 to a
Netscreen 100? Or where to get the information.
0
henrybilljones
12/19/2003 9:25:40 AM
comp.dcom.vpn 2307 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

I have emailed you a stepthrough

Dave Sinclair
NCSA NetScreen Certified Security Associate
NCSI NetScreen Certified Security Instructor

Equip Technology.com
NetScreen Authrorised Training Centre in the UK
0
dsinclair

VPN through VPN
I apologize if this question has been asked before. I have searched and the results did not lend what I was looking for, I have connected to my office VPN, the office is connected to the colo vpn. Is it possible to connect to our colo vpn from my current connection at home? I would think it is... perhaps I need some fancy routing/firewall rules? Anyone willing to field this one? Background info: Home to Office is 3des ike preshared key Office to Colo is aes ike preshared key Home & Office are different types of hardware Office & Colo are the same type of hardware All VPN access is b...

VPN in a VPN
hi man can build a different one VPN tunnel in a VPN tunnel via Cisco's. gru� joe In article <c7hthp$ljm$06$1@news.t-online.com>, joe <joe.sa@t-online.de> wrote: :man can build a different one VPN tunnel in a VPN tunnel via Cisco's. Not using a Cisco PIX. With IOS, you might be able to do it using a loopback interface. For both IOS and PIX, all crypto map policies applied to the same interface send out the IPSec packets directly to the peer, even if the peer is within an address range matched by the ACL for a different crypto map policy. I do not know what would h...

VPN over VPN?
Hi, i hope someone may help ... For internet i have to connect to our server at my place via VPN. --everything is fine -- And now my question: Is it possible to connect to an server in the internet via VPN too? Do i need some additional tools for that or is this impossible? Thanks in advance, Otto In article <3F17B586.4040102@domain.invalid>, Otto <user@domain.invalid> wrote: :For internet i have to connect to our server at my place via VPN. :--everything is fine -- :And now my question: :Is it possible to connect to an server in the internet via VPN too? :Do i need so...

vpn over vpn?
Hi, is it possible first connect to one vpn gateway and then connect through this tunnel to the next? AFAIK not, because the clients want exclusive access to the local port udp 500... do you agree? do you know a possible solution? please give me some thoughts... thomas btw: I tried openvpn, but this seems to be more complicated than the ipsec-tools and linux26 because I want to use the samba shares in the comany...also read a lot of docu there - but I think that�s crap ...

Cisco vpn server enabled / VPN and no-VPN connections mix
Hi guys, My request might seem confusing but I have a problem with one of my unix system : this is an old telecom box that we are not allowed to tweak, and no ssh connections are possible with it. The problem is that when the vendor needs to access it for maintenance (via telnet or ftp), they send the login and password crystal clear over the network, which is not allowed anymore by our management. We thought installing a VPN server enabled router in front of the box to be able to secure the connections to it, but I have an issue : I do not want to encrypt all the connections to this box, si...

Cisco Client VPN over VPN?
Hi, at one of the Hotspots I am using you must connect to a Cisco Concentrator using the VPN Client to get to the Internet. I also need to use the Cisco VPN client to connect to work. Is there any possibility to start a second vpn connection over the first one? Otherways it wont be possible to connect to work from that Hotspot. Jens Hi I don't think two Ipsec connections s from same PC will work . Probably if one the connection is Ipsec (using cisco vpn client ) and other is PPTP (windows client ) then this scenario might work . HTH S Jens Haase wrote: > Hi, > > at one...

VPN Throug VPN
I Use at my university a VPN Wlan Connection and i'll connect through this connection to another VPN (Company) Is it possible and how to do this?? BRGDS and Thanks, J ...

USB Keys and Cisco VPN Concentrator / Cisco VPN Client ?
I am aware of various USB type keys that work in conjunction with the Cisco VPN client and the Cisco VPN concentrator for added security. The two that come to mind are: Aladdin eToken RSA SecurID Can anyone think of and recommend any others ? Looking to evaluate various ones out there. Anyone know of anything along these lines but that also contain the Cisco VPN client? The idea being user has a USB key, that they can plug into any internet accessible windows pc, and launch the client from the key rather then having to install and setup the Cisco VPN client. Just trying to get a better...

vpn pix to Cisco VPN client
Hi to all I have a question on PIX Firewall when I try to connect with my Cisco VPN client 4.0.3 (c) to my PIX 525 with this settings for vpn crypto ipsec transform-set strong esp-3des esp-md5-hmac crypto dynamic-map PIPPO 10 set transform-set strong crypto map PIPPO-crypto 65535 ipsec-isakmp dynamic PIPPO crypto map PIPPO-crypto client authentication AuthClient crypto map PIPPO-crypto interface outside isakmp enable outside isakmp identity address isakmp policy 10 authentication pre-share isakmp policy 10 encryption 3des isakmp policy 10 hash md5 isakmp policy 10 group 2 i...

Cisco PIX vpn and vpn client
I have cisco pix 501 with IOS 6.3(4). and running Cisco VPN client 4.6.04.config is IPSEC over UDP I have a linksys router behind which the pix sits, I have forwarded UDP port 4500, 500, 10000, 50 to the pix. for some reason the vpn client connects from some internet connections and from some it does not and I do not get any error messages. I have attached the log file from the vpn client, when it was not connecting. Thanks for the help. MC -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1 23:42:27.997 12/14/0...

Netscreen VPN and Cisco 1601 VPN
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to connect to a Netcreen VPN server with the standard Windows 2000 or XP client. This is without using the Netscreen client. If it is possible, does anyone now how. Also is it possible to create a VPN peer to peer network from a Netscreen 100 to a Cisco 1601? (The 1601 has VPN caperbilities) Regards, Henry henrybilljones@hotmail.com You can connect a Windows 2000 or XP client VPN client with Netscreen box BUT: The MS client doesn't support aggressive mode VPN and therefore, when using preshared key authentication, each IPSec peer must use the same...

VPN Connection Problems between Cisco PIX 506E and Cisco VPN Concentrator 3005
Hello all, I got a problem with a vpn connection from a cisco pix 506E to a cisco 3005 concentrator. The problem is that the lan on the pix is also used to another remote side. so I tried to activate NAT on the pix to translate the ip adresses of the network. after that I entered the information at the concentrator which are nessassray for the lan-to-lan connection. But I did not get a connection. I tried to ping the outside address of the pix but I did not get a reply. I post the output of the logfile for that connection below: 29437 02/15/2005 14:25:21.890 SEV=4 IKE/41 RPT=43758 213.183...

Cisco VPN client and Linksys VPN compatibility?
I am pretty familiar with the Cisco VPN device (the one that used to be called Altiga), but I have no experience whatsoever with the Linksys VPN boxes. Can I use my Cisco VPN client to connect to a Linksys VPN box? Can I use my Cisco VPN client to connect to a Linux host running some sort of IPsec? TIA, -Ramon F Herrera In article <1170736893.135947.97630@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, Ramon F Herrera <ramon@conexus.net> wrote: >I am pretty familiar with the Cisco VPN device (the one that used to >be called Altiga), but I have no experience whatsoever with the >Linksy...

VPN via Cisco Remote VPN Client
Hi, I have the problem that I can't use the cisco remote vpn client. The problem is, that I'm sitting behind a Suse Linux Firewall with Masquerading. If I want to establish a connection my client pc sends a SYN-Packet to the destination server on port 264. I guess that the server wants to answer to my local ip which is in a 192.168.x.x subnet and not accessible from the internet. I think I have to make NAT via iptables on the suse linux firewall in my network, so that the server replaces the 192.168.x.x address witch my internet ip, but how can i do that? I also have to make some s...

Double VPN connection with Cisco VPN client
Hello, I use Cisco VPN client at work to connect to: 1. the *production* network, when I am in office 2. the *office* network, when I am out of office. Sometimes I need to connect to the production network when I am out of office. Ideally, I would like to connect to VPN 2 and then to VPN 1 (i.e. a VPN within another VPN). Is this feature supported by Cisco VPN client? [apparently, Windows XP integrated IPsec supports it, but then Windows XP does not support group authentication, which I need] Thanks, Federico <f.cozzi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:0fb8aaf1-babe-4c31-a832-7c074c95...

VPN concentrator/Cisco VPN client and UDP
We have a Cisco VPN concentrator that we use to connect to our network. The location of our concentrator dictates that we must use UDP to creat our ipsec tunnel (firewall in the path). This means we aren't using AH and ESP is configured to be the method of encryption. My question is that in the UDP only configuration what is the anti replay safety measure used and is this implementation based on an RFC or is it simply Cisco's way around VPN through PAT? Thanks, The mikester In article <69526397.0402060908.386c252d@posting.google.com>, mikester <submikester@yahoo.com> wr...

Trying to access the PDM of a Cisco pix over a Remote Access VPN with Cisco VPN Client
I am trying to configure the cisco pix (501) to allow access to the PDM over a Cisco VPN Client IPSEC tunnel. I found a situation for accessing the PDM ove a site-site tunnel but am not able to configure it for remote access VPN http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/netmgtsw/ps2032/products_configuration_example09186a0080094497.shtml I setup VPN by the wizard and enable split tunnel and excempt complete LAN from nat, so not the outside interface ip. Tried with management-access none, inside and outside I am running Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(5) Cisco PIX Device Manager Version 3.0(4)...

xp vpn client setup for cisco vpn server
Preamble... I'm a newbie, sorry if this is a repeat, blah blah blah Part 1: I would like to use the Windows XP VPN client to connect to a Cisco server. 1. Is this possible? 2. What are the settings? Part 2: I have a Cisco Client installed on a Dell Latitude D500 laptop. It will not connect over a wireless connection. Any thoughts? Any pointers on these questions are greatly appreciated. Doug Part 1 1 - yes 2 - if you mean as XP VPN Client a PPTP connection, you can configure the router as a PPTP server with latest firewall IOS or the firewall PIX with latest...

VPN router-cisco vpn client routing issue
Hello I have problem with VPN connection. My configuration is: client (XP with Cisco VPN CLient 4.0.5)--->:Internet-->router 2621 with 12.3 Everything with VPN connections looks very good. I can succesfully establish new connection, but after that I can reach by ping only cisco router. PC gets static default route through the router, router adds static route to the PC (RRI - revers route), but I can reach only router from PC (from router PC is accessible too). I am waiting for some clue..... regards, Michal Below is attached current configuration. Pings between router and PC are ...

VPN to ASA from Cisco VPN Client Getting Error
Hi, I am trying to set up remote access VPNs and am having trouble. I used: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2120/products_configuration_example09186a00806de37e.shtml as a guide as was recommended by someone in a previous post. When I connect from the Cisco VPN client I am getting an error: "Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by client. Reason 412: The remote peer is no longer responding." My network looks like this. Router-----ASA----LAN I can see the traffic getting through my router when I attempt to connect. The IP connecting to is my outside inter...

Cisco VPN client through a Hotbrick VPN 600/2
Hi If i setup a vpn using the Cisco client on a pc behind the Hobrick it's not possible to start a remote desktop session. If i setup a vpn using the Cisco client on a pc NOT behind the Hobrick it is possible to start a remote desktop session. If i setup a vpn using Microsoft Windows XP network connection on a pc behind the Hobrick it is possible to start a remote desktop session. What could be the problem? Why isn't it possible to run a remote desktop session on a Cisco vpn behind the Hotbrick firewall? Thank's Perry ...

asa 5505 + l2l vpn + cisco client vpn
Hi, I'm trying to replace PIX 506[working ok] with asa 5505. But just after swaping them some of the vpn links doesn't work. I can't ping sites. Cisco vpn client access doesn't work too. I was following few cisco manuals but I can't figure out what is missing in my config. Could you pls have a look at my config maybe sth obvious - I hope so. Many thanks. : Saved : Written by enable_15 at 01:48:02.989 UTC Tue Jan 13 2009 ! ASA Version 8.0(4) ! hostname pb domain-name zzzzzzz enable password zzzzzzzzzzzzzz encrypted passwd zzzzzzzzzzzz encrypted names ! interface Vlan1 nam...

Cisco VPN client configuration
Hello, I want to be able to restrict access to my vpn users depending on the IP address assigned to them by the VPN server. I could do this by assigning different IPs to each of the different groups that access the vpn server so each group has a defined pool of IPs. My problem is, how can i define more than one vpn group using the same interface for the connection? I saw somebody made a configuration creating subinterfaces on the main interface and assigning different maps to each of them, is it possible to do it using only the main interface since I want everybody to connect to the same IP ad...

Cisco VPN Client vs MS VPN Client
I have to install vpn clients on 6 laptops. They will connect to PIX 515. What is the difference, whether I use Cisco or MS vpn clients ? regards Jarek Carnowski ...

Web resources about - VPN from Cisco to VPN - comp.dcom.vpn

思科中国 - Cisco Systems, Inc
思科公司中文网站 - 思科公司是全球领先的互联网解决方案供应商。今天,网络作为一个平台成为了商业、教育、政府和家庭通信不可或缺的一部分,思科的互联网技术正是这些网络的基础。

Cisco Systems, Inc
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate.

Cisco Cable - Compatible Cisco Cables
Buy compatible Cisco cables from original Cisco cable manufacturer directly with high quality, lifetime warranty and fast worldwide delivery. ...

Cisco Press: Source for Cisco Technology, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE Self-Study
Cisco Press is part of a recommended learning path from Cisco Systems that combines instructor-led training with hands-on instruction, e-learning, ...

Cisco Subnet: An independent Cisco community
Cisco Security Watch covers the latest in cisco related security news, expert blogs, resources, and more from Network World editors.

Cisco Systems, Inc
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate.

Cisco VNI Resources
This widget allows you to define specific parameters of Cisco VNI Forecast data and create custom views/charts that may be used in public/private ...

Home - Cisco London 2012 - Official Olympic Network Infrastructure Provider
Find out what the Cisco team are doing to create the most advanced network infrastructure in Olympic history and build a legacy for the UK.

Cisco Canada Blog - built for the human network
built for the human network Saviez-vous qu’à présent, Cisco a plus de 18 000 étudiants inscrits dans 244 Académies à travers le pays? Cisco Networking ...

Cisco Bridges - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
50°09′05″N 121°34′52″W  /  50.151505°N 121.581114°W  / 50.151505; -121.581114 Coordinates : 50°09′05″N 121°34′52″W  /  50.151505°N 121.581114°W ...