How To Reset A Westell Modem To Factory Defaults?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I went to the address of my modem eg.  xxx.xxx.x.x and logged in and changed
something. Now I can't get into that address for some reason to change it
back. Is there a way to reset factory defaults?

Thank-you

0
Reply Dumb 2/28/2005 9:20:08 PM

See related articles to this posting

"Dumb & Dumber" <here@home.nu> writes:

>I went to the address of my modem eg.  xxx.xxx.x.x and logged in and changed
>something. Now I can't get into that address for some reason to change it
>back. Is there a way to reset factory defaults?

Isn't there a reset button?  (might need a bent paper clip to access it)

0
Reply Neil 3/1/2005 3:39:10 AM

Theres a lil white reset butten just next to where the ehtenet cable
plugs in , press and hold for no longer then 30 sec , then logg into
the modem config page ONLY after the dsl light has gone steady. the
defualt username is admin and the default password is password. it
should then ask you to change the defaults . do so.

5
Reply diesel 3/4/2005 4:13:57 PM
comp.dcom.xdsl 1790 articles. 1 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

CISCO 7XX / 761 password reset or reset to factory defaults
Hi! How can I bring my old router to the default values using the serial cable? Some weeks ago I read something about reflashing the firmware, but I haven't got any. Is that the only solution? Philipp Philipp Flesch schrieb: > Hi! > How can I bring my old router to the default values using the serial cable? > > Some weeks ago I read something about reflashing the firmware, but I > haven't got any. Is that the only solution? I have found http://cio.cisco.com/warp/public/458/44.html - but where to buy the IOS for the 761? Hi Philipp, For Cisco Software Relicens...

Reset Ciscos to factory defaults
Hello All - I don't have very much cisco experience, so I hope someone can answer this question. We recently switched over many of our PTP T1's to VPN's. So now we have lots of extra cisco routers. I am wanting to sell them on ebay, but I am not sure how to reset the routers to factory defaults. Is there an easy command that will reset the routers to defaults? Any help would be appreicated. Thanks henning.drew@gmail.com schrieb: > Hello All - I don't have very much cisco experience, so I hope someone > can answer this question. We recently switched over many of ...

cisco340 reset to factory defaults
I have a cisco 340 access point that will not respond to the reset button on the back. Do these buttons actually work or are they just a leftover from an earlier chassis? Is there some special way to reset using this button? My 340AP is in a right mess and I need to reset it. When I start the CLI in hyperterminal I get: System ID: 004096329D29 Motherboard: MPC860 50MHz, 2048KB FLASH, 16384KB DRAM, Revision 21 Bootstrap Ver. 1.01: FLASH, CRC AB31F5C0 (OK) Initialization: Improper Motherboard Config so I click l for l -- downLoad file into DRAM and then I get l Using Xmodem (type <ctrl-X&g...

Reset HP49g+ to factory defaults.
Hi everyone, I know this will seem a bit silly, but I need to reset an HP49g+ to its factory default flag settings for all functions. Someone borrowed the calculator and went to town trying to change all kinds of things and it has changed the way things were previously working and I just cannot seem to get it to go back to the modes that it was in. I found the reset modes for the CAS system and calculator modes but there are still some issues with working with some undefined variables and symbols such as pi. I used to get the symbol pi integrated within the equation until I used the e...

dsl modem and factory reset
Mandrake 10 Dlink dsl-302g I always assumed a factory reset would return the modem to default settings AND clear the username and password. I discovered that this was not so during a general despair after a connect failure. Is the factory reset just to clear all settings except username and password? -- faeychild faeychild wrote: > Mandrake 10 Dlink dsl-302g > I always assumed a factory reset would return the modem to default > settings AND clear the username and password. I discovered that this was > not so during a general despair after a connect failure. &g...

Reset Cisco 1841 to factory default
Hi, What is the easiest way to reset a Cisco 1841 router to factory default ? I want to sell it on eBay. Thanks. ThePro wrote: > Hi, > > What is the easiest way to reset a Cisco 1841 router to factory > default ? I want to sell it on eBay. > > Thanks. > Write erase I believe is the command On Mar 14, 11:24 am, Smokey <smo...@aol.com> wrote: > ThePro wrote: > > Hi, > > > What is the easiest way to reset a Cisco 1841 router to factory > > default ? I want to sell it on eBay. > > > Thanks. > > Write erase I believe is the ...

IDS 4215 reset to factory default
Hi, I'm looking for the way to reset an IDS 4215 to factory default. Or at least do a password recovery. These units are running v4.1 of the IDS OS. I'm not finding much on CCO, although the page titled "Password Recovery Procedure for the Cisco IDS Sensor..." has a section titled "Re-image IDS Applicance Running Version 4", but it talks about a Recovery CD. I don't see a CD drive in any pictures of the 4215 (I haven't seen one in the flesh- I'm using remotely). So I would appreciate any info as to how to get back to factory default or at least do a pa...

Reset Cisco uBR904 to factory defaults
Hi, I bought myself a used uBR904 cable router. I hooked it up to the network and was hoping that the DHCP server would be running and would assign an IP to my laptop. That way, I would have had telnet access to the router. It seems though that the DHCP has been disabled. The router only has the RJ45 port to hook up a terminal and I don't have a "rollover" cable. So I read all the documentation available on this router in order to figure out how to reset it to factory defaults. But all I was able to find was the console commands to do that. Not really an option for me at this...

Reset contivity 1010 to factory defaults
How to reset Contivity 1010 to factory defaults? Push a paperclip into the hole on the back named Rec. Turn on the power while doing this. This will start up recovery mode. Now point browser to management IP and follow instructions to factory reset it. Rossi Raigo wrote: > How to reset Contivity 1010 to factory defaults? ...

Default font defaults to italics in ALL programs
Hello! Having a strange problem here. I searched previous posts, but found nothing. My Windows2000 computer - the default TYPING font has change to italics. In EVERY program (Word, IE forms, etc), when I type, it types in italics. What happened? How can I change this? Thanks! -Mike --- *If you want to email me directly: 1) Remove the 1st letter, so it starts with K 2) and switch the 2-digit number to number format. ("64") ----== Posted via Newsfeed.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 ...

Reset Supervisor Engine 720 to factory defaults ??
Hello, how do i reset a Supervisor Engine 720 to the factory defaults ? Thank you very much in advance, Tobias Tobias, You can just erase startup config and reboot the card. It will bring the card to the "factory default" state. If you have a card in "hybrid" mode, you need to remove the main startup config (in this mode you have one interface to both, switch and router functionality). If you have a card in the Native mode, then you have to remove configs in both modes - in the router and in the switch. Good luck, Mike www.ciscoheadsetadapter.com "Tobias K...

Reset restore Mathematica factory defaults settings
Reply to Nov 7 2000 comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica post by Will Self Will, There is a quick and easy way to reset one's copy of Mathematica to the "factory settings". Close out of Mathematica. Then, hold down the "Ctrl" and "Shift" keys at the same time. Continue holding them for five seconds as you double click the Mathematica icon and start up the application. Mathematica will then display "Starting with Clean Preferences". Regards, Diana Mecum search keywords: reset restore Mathematica factory defaults settings -- "G...

Reset Cisco 1005 router to factory defaults?
We have a Cisco 1005 router that is not booting up properly and we'd like to troubleshoot it before declaring it defective. During boot, the console connection simply keeps repeating the same two line message over and over again. (It isn't connected and I don't have the message handy). I will be connecting up to it this evening and add more details regarding the issue. IOS is v10.3 and is supposedly good. Is there a way to reset this unit to factory defaults? The message that keeps repeating is: System Bootstrap, Version 5.3.2(9) [vatran 9], RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) Copyright (...

How do i reset a Mitel IP phone to Factory Defaults
Hi I have several Mitel IP phones that i need to reset to their factory defaults. Do anyone know what is the process for doing this? Rgds Phil In article <e4a1f745-8b05-4cdb-addd-fa32dcdda8d4@v3g2000hsc.googlegroups.com> Big Phil <phil.bartlett@comtek.co.uk> writes: >Hi > >I have several Mitel IP phones that i need to reset to their factory >defaults. Do anyone know what is the process for doing this? Depends somewhat on the model of phone Try rebooting with the star (*) key held down (until it tells you to release it). If you've corr...

Reset Tasman 1450 router to factory default
Newbie here. We recently purchased a used Tasman 1450 router and I need to reset this unit to factory default. I've checked documentation from Nortel's website but could not find anything. Does anyone here know how to do this? The previous user never cleared their admin login so I can't even login to the router, and hte factory default username/password doesn't work. I appreciate any advice. Thanks ...

How do i reset a Mitel IP phone to Factory Defaults
Hi I have several Mitel IP phones that i need to reset to their factory defaults. Do anyone know what is the process for doing this? Rgds Phil On Mar 10, 11:56=A0am, Big Phil <phil.bartl...@comtek.co.uk> wrote: > Hi > > I have severalMitelIPphones that i need to reset to their factory > defaults. Do anyone know what is the process for doing this? > > Rgds > > Phil Hold down the # key while powering on the phone. Answer yes to modify setting, no to just view the setting. When you get to network setting, I think it is press 0 to reset ...

How to reset Access Point SMC2755W to factory defaults???
Hi all! I just bougth on Ebay an used SMC Access Point (SMC2755W). It was previously configured by someone, and so I don't know the IP address and probably the Login and password have been changed from defaults. I tried to press the reset button on the rear of the unit, the Access Point seems to reboot, but the factory defaults are not restored. I tried to press it for more than 5 seconds, but with the same results. I can say the factory default settings are not restored because: 1) The SSID is not restored to the default (should be "ANY", and it's still &qu...

reset router to factory defaults w/o reboot
Is there a way to reset a Cisco router to factory defaults (aka erase start, reload) w/o the need to reboot? (like PIX/ASA do with 'clear configure all'.) Bod43@hotmail.co.uk wrote: > Thomas Pani wrote: >> Is there a way to reset a Cisco router to factory defaults (aka erase >> start, reload) w/o the need to reboot? (like PIX/ASA do with 'clear >> configure all'.) > > Not that I am aware of except that you could clearly > reset all of the configuration elements back to their factory > state. > > On the other hand I can find no reason t...

How can I reset a single switch Interface to factory default?
Dear Concerned, How can I reset a single switch or router Interface to factory defalt?? Suppose need to reset only port number Fast Ethernet 0/25 out of 48th port of Catalyst 3550 switch. But not the whole switch. Can any one tell me the answer?? mof44 E-mail: ofahim@gmail.com ofahim@gmail.com schrieb: > Dear Concerned, > > How can I reset a single switch or router Interface to factory defalt?? > > Suppose need to reset only port number Fast Ethernet 0/25 out of 48th > port of Catalyst 3550 switch. But not the whole switch. > > Can any one tell me the answer?? ...

Brother MFC 8840D
Hi, I want to sell my Brother MFC-8840D laser printer multifunction system. But how do I reset the system completely? My fax numbers I called are still inside the journal. Also my last fax page. Any ideas how to clear the whole system settings to factory deafults? Many thanks! Steven if you call brother tech support they will tell you how to do it. Steven Munlo wrote: > Hi, > > I want to sell my Brother MFC-8840D laser printer multifunction > system. But how do I reset the system completely? My fax numbers I > called are still inside the journal. Also m...

Cisco 7960 can't reset to factory default
Hi, I just got my hands on a cisco 7960 SIP IP phone. I tried following http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/7960_default.html#topic1 and http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_ipphon/sip7960/sipadm30/maintain.htm#93250 but when I press **# nothing happens (the icon still stays in the locked state). There has to be something I can do to reset this damn thing. I don't see a reset switch anywhere and I looked in my DHCP log, it picks up an address but then I can't http into it. I nmaped the thing but nothing is open. anyone? ...

How to reset SunFire V280R NVRAM to "factory defaults"?
Hi, We have several SunFire V280Rs, and I need to reset their NVRAM to "factory default". I've seen info about going to a safe mode by double-clicking the power button during power-on, but I think that is just temporary. I need to find a way to reset the NVRAM so that the machines are "like they came from the factory". Is there any way to do this? And, if so, can anyone tell me how? What would be perfect if I could get a pointer to a Sun document that describes the procedure. Thanks in advance! Jim ohaya wrote: > Hi, > > We have several SunFire V280Rs...

Need to Reset Remote Office 9150 to Factory Default Login/Password
I have a 9150 that our former distributor changed the administration password on. I understand from the Admin Guide that the guest login cannot be changed but its password can (and has been). Can anyone help me restore my 9150 to its factory state or suggest another workaround to recover the password please? (My new distributor doesn't know how and says Nortel will charge them USD 3000 for a support ticket). ...

use reset-nvram to reset modem?
Apple Support once told me that the way to reset my G4's internal modem was to do this: boot into open firmware, and type: reset-nvram reset-all Trouble is, that resets my time and monitor resolution, as well. Isn't there a simpler and more direct way to reset the modem than this? -JScott On 2005-04-24 08:21:52 +0300, JScott <jss@domain.invalid> said: > Apple Support once told me that the way to reset my G4's internal modem > was to do this: boot into open firmware, and type: > > reset-nvram > reset-all > > Trouble is, that resets my time and monit...