How To Reset A Westell Modem To Factory Defaults?

I went to the address of my modem eg.  xxx.xxx.x.x and logged in and changed
something. Now I can't get into that address for some reason to change it
back. Is there a way to reset factory defaults?

Thank-you

0
Dumb
2/28/2005 9:20:08 PM
comp.dcom.xdsl 1790 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

"Dumb & Dumber" <here@home.nu> writes:

>I went to the address of my modem eg.  xxx.xxx.x.x and logged in and changed
>something. Now I can't get into that address for some reason to change it
>back. Is there a way to reset factory defaults?

Isn't there a reset button?  (might need a bent paper clip to access it)

0
Neil
3/1/2005 3:39:10 AM
Theres a lil white reset butten just next to where the ehtenet cable
plugs in , press and hold for no longer then 30 sec , then logg into
the modem config page ONLY after the dsl light has gone steady. the
defualt username is admin and the default password is password. it
should then ask you to change the defaults . do so.

5
diesel

Reset or not to reset
What is the consensus of opinion regarding the use of a explicity coded global reset line that is driven by a power on reset circuit? I'm targeting Xilinx Virtex II and QuickLogic Eclipse (both are available in radiation hardened versions). The QL part resets all flops at reset. The Xilinx can set/reset a flop. Therefore, theoretically I wouldn't need a POR circuit and waste the routing resources. However, eliminating the explicitly coded reset makes the Verilog synthesis optimizer do strange things since it doesn't know what the initial value of the flop will...

TCP connection reset issue
Hello I am trying to resolve connection issues between a Linux box running Suse 10.0 2.6.16.21-0.25-default and a windows 2000 machine using VNC and the same Linux box and an Irix machine with an ssh -X session. below are the last parts of ethereal capture sessions which share the same pattern. The Linux box begins begins a set of TCP Retransmissions with what seems to be the appropriate delays. Then sends out an ARP request. Gets an answer back. Sends out a another TCP Retransmission. Both the Windows and Irix machines respond with a reset RST. The VNC viewer or X session close out genera...

PS/2E as a DSL/Cable modem router & WLAN access point?
Hi there, I'm back again and finally online. Pulled the mighty E out of the packing case last week and thought it'd might give a good DSL/Cable Modem router. Will this little guy be powerful enough to handle 4 MBit bandwith? Anyone tried setting up NAT/Firewall under FreeBSD with this one already? I have 2 PCMCIA network cards already and a 256 MB CF card, which, with an adapter, will replace the HD. Also I'm thinking about populating the 4th slot with a WLAN card, most likely an ancient Lucent WaveLAN so the E can serve as an access point for my Macintoshes as well. ...

US-TX-Austin: Business Support Spc., Master/Factory planning, MS Office; C-P (45320257610)
US-TX-Austin: Business Support Spc., Master/Factory planning, MS Office; C-P (45320257610) ========================================================================================== Position: Business Support Spc. Reference: SMC01635 Location: Austin TX Duration: C-P Skills: Bachelor Degree in Information Systems; Computer Science; Engineering; or related field. 5+ years direct IT/IS experience in business integration and system support. Strong understanding of master and factory planning in a semicond...

dsl and fax receiving on analog modem?
Hello, I have had dsl for about two years. The service has worked fine we have been able to have internet traffic and receive faxes through a analog modem simultaniously. Reciently, with in the last 2 - 3 weeks we have lost this ability. We can send faxes simultaniousaly but are not able to receive simultaniousaly. We spoke to our isp and the provider of the telephone line. Both parties say that their service has nothing to do with our problem. I don't think we have donHello, I have had dsl for about two years. The service has worked fine, I have been able to have internet traffic and r...

Default AD (in?)security
I'm looking at closing what I beleive to be a security issue by changing a default value in AD that allows authenticated users to add (up to) 10 workstations to a domain. The ms-ds-MachineAccountQuota attribute of the DC by default is set 10. I would like to change this value to 0. Has anyone done this? Does this change affect any users that by Policy (via the "add workstations to domain" permission or inherent rights (such as administrators) already have the ability to add workstations to a domain? mapstopper2000@whoever.com (Jose Padilla) wrote in message ne...

For ALSA Wizards: Modem
What kind of support ALSA driver intel8x0m provides? How do you use it? I cannot find anything about in the web or in the alsa Docs. Thank you in advance -- onofrio panzarino ICQ UIN: 147911980 for PGP pub key send me an email with 'send key pub' in the subject line On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:12:47 +0000, onofrio wrote: > What kind of support ALSA driver intel8x0m provides? How do you use it? > I cannot find anything about in the web or in the alsa Docs. Go here; http://www.smlink.com/main/item.php?ln=en&item_id=24&main_id=20 Agree to the end user license terms, follow ...

Surplus DSL Modems & Routers
Hello, If you have any surplus lots of dsl modems or routers to sell feel free to email a list to me. Thank you -- John Martin IDPC 973-442-9990 Ext 12 jmartin@idpc.com -- +---------------------------------------------------------- | http://forums.cabling-design.com/ | *** a better way to USENET *** | no-spam Web and RSS interface to your favorite newsgroup | comp.dcom.xdsl - 3851 messages and counting! +---------------------------------------------------------- ...

The Factory Design Pattern
Hi Friends, Don't missout on these articles on design techniques: The Factory Design Pattern: http://javalive.com/modules/articles/article.php?id=18 Effective use of Interfaces and Abstract Classes: http://javalive.com/modules/articles/article.php?id=17 Why ORM Tools are not Recommended: http://javalive.com/modules/articles/article.php?id=16 Interfaces and Abstract Classes - the pillars of software design: http://javalive.com/modules/articles/article.php?id=15 How to Estimate Project Deadlines: http://javalive.com/modules/articles/article.php?id=14 Regards, Priya...

HP 930C ink level reset
After ink recharge, my printer alwais display low level ink. I've tried with printhead "contact cover" method, with "power-off without printheads" method (for 3 hours). Nothing to do. Can someone help me with a "sure" reset method ??? ...

Ink Level Reset
Hello have you got any suggestions how to reset ink level in Canon MP 150 br, rusiu rusiu wrote: > Hello > have you got any suggestions how to reset ink level in Canon MP 150 > > br, > rusiu ABSOLUTELY. BUY A NEW CANON OEM INK CART rusiu <rusiu@poczta.fm> wrote in news:du1h3u$n36$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl: > Hello > have you got any suggestions how to reset ink level in Canon MP 150 > > br, > rusiu Leave it. Manually monitor ink levels. On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 21:49:58 GMT, Gary Tait <classicsat@yahoo.com> wrote: >ru...

AW: factorial analysis
Hello Francisco, PrincipalComponents[data] can be found in the package: <<Statistics`MultiDescriptiveStatistics` I tried it, it works. Best regards, Matthias Bode Sal. Oppenheim jr. & Cie. KGaA Untermainanlage 1 D-60329 Frankfurt am Main GERMANY Tel.: +49(0)69 71 34 53 80 Mobile: +49(0)172 6 74 95 77 Fax: +49(0)69 71 34 95 380 E-mail: matthias.bode@oppenheim.de Internet: http://www.oppenheim.de -----Urspr´┐Żngliche Nachricht----- Von: Francisco Gutierrez [mailto:fgutiers2002@yahoo.com] Gesendet: Dienstag, 6. Juli 2004 09:35 An: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net B...

Seeking way to control default font size in ONLY MsgBox's in A97?
Without modifying the default font settings everywhere, is there any way to specify it for just message boxes? MsgBox "I would like this text to be larger for all message boxes." ??? On Mar 12, 4:56 pm, MLH <C...@NorthState.net> wrote: > Without modifying the default font settings everywhere, is there any > way to specify it for just message boxes? > > MsgBox "I would like this text to be larger for all message boxes." > > ??? Not that I'm aware of. Have you considered making you own? This would give you more control with the least amount of ...

factorial of very big number like 4096
Hi How to write a program to get the factorial of 4096. I am working on a Linux m/c. Best Regards, Subra mailursubbu@gmail.com wrote: > Hi > > How to write a program to get the factorial of 4096. > I am working on a Linux m/c. The simplest and ***out of topic*** answer is to write echo 'a=1 ; for (b=1;b<4097;b++) {a = a *b} ; a' | bc But since you posted here I assume that you want to do it with C. Then you can download a big numbers library and use that. (I'm assuming that you know how to write a programme which calculates a smaller factorial.) I have no...

how to change default zoom for Maple 10 ?
hello; I start maple 10, I select FIle->New (document mode). Next, I'd like to set the zoom to be say 120%. There is no easy way it seem to do that. The shown options are only 100%, 150%, etc... But I want something else. searching google, I found this: http://beta.mapleprimes.com/blog/joeriel/setting_nonstandard_default_zoom "Standard GUI This can be readily accomplished by modifying the proper Maple initialization file. Windows the file is maple10.ini (not maple.ini).... Edit this file (for a release other than Maple 10, adjust the...

Changing the default hourglass cursor
Hi, I'm using an activex component (whose source code I don't have) that changes the cursor of my application to the hourglass very often and unnecessarily. I'd like to hide this from the user. My plan was to: a) Get a copy of the current arrow cursor b) Change the system WAIT cursor by the arrow one c) Run the activex d) Undo the change Here's my code: ----------------------------------------------------------------- m_hSavCursor = LoadCursor(0, OCR_WAIT) ' load a new cursor m_hNewCursor = LoadCursor(0, IDC_ARROW) ' make it the ...

How do I reset the "System Registration"?
Hi, I've installed S10u4 on a laptop, and, because it didn't have a functioning NIC at the time I didn't register it. Bunged in the Broadcom driver from <http://homepage2.nifty.com/mrym3/taiyodo/eng/>, so I have connectivity, but the registration thing is asking for a Service Plan Number, and I can't find up a variant that has the "No Service Plan at this time" option. And, somehow, I must have managed not to hit the "Register Later" option, so I don't have that available. Of course, I could just re-install it, but if I don't have to... Ch...

RE: default print format for floats
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C3FFC1.24C72DB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable beliavsky wrote: #- By default, Python prints many floating point numbers with 17 digits #- after the decimal place. I would like to make the DEFAULT 4 decimal #- places. Is this possible? #-=20 #- For example, the code=20 #-=20 #- from string import join #- x =3D [1.0,0.3,0.4] #- print x #- print join(["%4.1f&qu...

virtex4 software reset problem.
HI I made a small amendment to a tutorial I found online "http://www.fpgadeveloper.com/2008/02/integrating-vhdl-design-into-peripheral-2.html" (which worked fine), but it is not working as one could expect. Can anyone tell me why? Please see my C code area with asterisk to find the problem. I am guessing the problem is with software reset. If yes, How do I fix this? library ieee; use ieee.std_logic_1164.all; use ieee.std_logic_arith.all; use ieee.std_logic_unsigned.all; entity multiplier is port( clk : in std_logic; rst : in std_logic; a : in std...

Apple USB modem causes iMac core duo kernel panic.
Apple USB modem causes iMac core duo kernel panic. This is a problem that I called Apple tech support about shortly after I bought my iMac 20" core duo. This is the second Apple USB modem that I have bought and both of them cause the same problems. The Apple USB external modem always causes a kernel panic when attempting to dial out. I can plug in the modem before power up or after and this always happens. Whenever the external USB modem is plugged in, the system will have unpredictable freezes and lock ups and always causes a kernel panic when attempting to dial out. I hear n...

Samsung toner reset?
I bought a Samsung SCX-4016 laser printer and have figured out that I can refill the toner very easy......one problem though. They must have a chip in them to limit the number of prints. The printer is showing the toner is empty when in fact it's full. Does anyone know of a way around this? Is there a fix or trick or am I screwed into buying a new one every 3000 prints? ...

How do you reset Spotlight?
A lot of stuff is missing, how do you make Spotlight make a new index? In article <1117774645.142202.215530@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, "-oo0-GoldTrader-0oo-" <nomads_05@yahoo.com> wrote: > A lot of stuff is missing, how do you make Spotlight make a new index? I'm not sure, but if you go to the spotlight preference pane, you should be able to check all the items you want displayed. Then, Spotlight should automatically index you hard drive(s). -- Dave Fritzinger Honolulu, HI In comp.sys.mac.system -oo0-GoldTrader-0oo- <nomads_05@yahoo.com> wrote: ...

Intel 536EP V.92 56k modem problems
Hi, When I first got my computer about a year ago. Whenever I connected to the internet and started surfing it would disconnect. Then I changed from At&t to Verizon Dial-Up. It quit disconnecting. Untill, yesterday. It started doing it again. I updated the drivers, and whole lot of other things. Also, it never disconnects while its loading a page. It will only disconect after you click a link. It wont disconect while downloading, unless I click a link. And it wont disconnect while its just sitting there, or if Im playing a game online. I cant figure out what the problem is. Thanks ...

Cisco 2504 Password reset
I have a 2504 router, that is password protected. How do I reset this, not worried about keeping config data. Any advice appreciated. Cheers, Kristian In article <bp09s7$g13$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk>, Kristian Davies <Post@tonewsgroup.com> wrote: :I have a 2504 router, that is password protected. :How do I reset this, not worried about keeping config data. Search www.cisco.com for 2500 password reset and you should find complete instructions (probably involving a connection to the serial port, a power cycle, sending break within a few seconds, changing the config regist...

default MakeModal(false) on close
Just wondering if I'm missing something here. If I call MakeModal() on a dialog, then close the dialog (Alt-F4 on windoze or hit the X on Linux), I have to manually catch the OnClose event and call MakeModal(false) to make the app work again. Is there any reason this isn't default behaviour in say the wxWindow class? In case it's been done since, I'm using wxWindows 2.4.2 Cheers Troy ...