Back to the LMS again

Hi all,
  I am currently trying to implement a simple LMS algorithm in C and on an
analog deviced blackfin ez-kit.  The only real problem is that I am trying
to implement it in a streaming manner and as close to real time as possible.
I have an implementation but it isn't working.
    I am wondering how many samples should I be looking at when estimating
the gradient?  The books I have been reading pretty much just use the
samples in the filter e.g. the last 32 samples for a 32nd order filter.
That is how I have been estimating the gradient, should it work?

Thanks for your help,
Zach

0
Zach
7/13/2003 2:18:06 AM
comp.dsp 20117 articles. 0 followers. allnor (8507) is leader. Post Follow

It should work. Try playing with the step size.
If you are doubtful about your implementation of the algorithm try it
in matlab or 'C' code on PC.

Navan

"Zach R." <zrimkunas@verizon.net> wrote in message news:<yj3Qa.11308$Kw1.8216@nwrdny02.gnilink.net>...
> Hi all,
>   I am currently trying to implement a simple LMS algorithm in C and on an
> analog deviced blackfin ez-kit.  The only real problem is that I am trying
> to implement it in a streaming manner and as close to real time as possible.
> I have an implementation but it isn't working.
>     I am wondering how many samples should I be looking at when estimating
> the gradient?  The books I have been reading pretty much just use the
> samples in the filter e.g. the last 32 samples for a 32nd order filter.
> That is how I have been estimating the gradient, should it work?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Zach
0
epowerx
7/14/2003 10:30:24 PM
I am a little confused by your ppost.  You seem to be saying that
since the filter is 32 samples long, you are iterating over 32
samples.  But I don't think that's what you mean.  If you are asking
how many samples it will take for the filter to converge, then that is
an exponential exp[-1/(mu  * lambda(m))], where mu is the gain, and
lambda(m) is the minimum eigenvalue.  The number of samples it will
take to converge is dependent on the sampling rate.

Maurice Givens

"Zach R." <zrimkunas@verizon.net> wrote in message news:<yj3Qa.11308$Kw1.8216@nwrdny02.gnilink.net>...
> Hi all,
>   I am currently trying to implement a simple LMS algorithm in C and on an
> analog deviced blackfin ez-kit.  The only real problem is that I am trying
> to implement it in a streaming manner and as close to real time as possible.
> I have an implementation but it isn't working.
>     I am wondering how many samples should I be looking at when estimating
> the gradient?  The books I have been reading pretty much just use the
> samples in the filter e.g. the last 32 samples for a 32nd order filter.
> That is how I have been estimating the gradient, should it work?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Zach
0
maurice

Novell giving back to OSS
'Giving back to OSS' - Novell Alastair Otter May 28 2004 - Novell this week said its involvement in the open source community is intended to foster greater development in the sector. Ed Anderson, Novell's vice president for enterprise, said during the opening address ofthe three day long Brainshare conference that the company is trying to "give back to the open source community more than we have taken from it." [..] "Open source also recognises that one size does not fit all and offers us the opportunity to make the software fit our and your needs." ... &qu...

I am Back!
After a much needed and lengthy rest, I have decided to return. So trolls, prepare to clear on out of Megakat City! On Friday, February 15, 2013 12:09:09 AM UTC-5, Chance Furlong wrote: > After a much needed and lengthy rest, I have decided to return. So > > trolls, prepare to clear on out of Megakat City! Early release. On 2/15/13 12:14 AM, MuahMan wrote: > On Friday, February 15, 2013 12:09:09 AM UTC-5, Chance Furlong wrote: >> After a much needed and lengthy rest, I have decided to return. So >> trolls, prepare to clear on out of Megakat City! >...

Backing store issue
I'm running IDL 6.2 on a SUN Blade 2000 running Solaris 8.0 I'm having a weird backing store problem. I have an application in which I sometimes display very large images (eg 23123 x 3193 pixels). What I do is create a scrolled draw widget of the same size as the image and tv the image into that window. Then, I get to scroll around the image very rapidly without having to issue any commands to redraw the parts that become visible. It seems this should work fine as long as the video card has enough memory. However, the behavoir I am seeing seems as though IDL thinks the vide...

A look back.
I was looking for some references as to when precisely the Radius Full Page Display was introduced and I found this: <http://www.archive.org/details/DesktopP1986> "The Computer Chronicles", the guest host of which was none other than Gary Kildall. Other guests on this show from October 16, 1986 included Michael Boich, President of Radius Inc. (there to show off their new Full Page Display) and Paul Brainerd of Aldus Corporation. They have a collection of the shows at archive.org, so that's just got to be worth a look! -- Alan Baker Vancouver, British Columbia &qu...

Appeals Court Backs Bush on Wiretaps
By PETE YOST, Associated Press Writer A federal appeals court sided with the Bush administration Friday on an electronic surveillance issue, making it easier to tap into Internet phone calls and broadband transmissions. The court ruled 2-1 in favor of the Federal Communications Commission, which says equipment using the new technologies must be able to accommodate police wiretaps under the 1994 Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act, known as CALEA. Judge David Sentelle called the agency's reading of the law a reasonable interpretation. In dissent, Judge Harry Edw...

pgsql-server/src backend/catalog/index.c backe ...
CVSROOT: /cvsroot Module name: pgsql-server Changes by: petere@svr1.postgresql.org 03/09/28 21:05:25 Modified files: src/backend/catalog: index.c pg_proc.c src/backend/commands: dbcommands.c functioncmds.c indexcmds.c tablecmds.c typecmds.c user.c vacuum.c src/backend/parser: parse_coerce.c parse_func.c src/backend/port: sysv_shmem.c src/backend/rewrite: rewriteDefine.c src/backend/storage/freespace: freespace.c src/backend/storage/page: bufpage.c src/backend/tcop: postgres.c src/backend/utils/adt: formatting.c geo_ops.c mac.c nabstime.c ...

back to the future! or the future is back?
synchronet BBS is running on ps2moussa telnet, or http use it with caution :-) Moussa -- The information contained in this post is copyright of the poster, and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com Hi Moussa ! > synchronet BBS is running on ps2moussa telnet, or http > use it with caution :-) Internet these days is largely business and entertainment. If it comes to exchange knowledge and informations nothing beats a newsgroup or a real BBS. And the more basic - the better. Keeping off the dancing balonies and HTML crap. Some...

Back Projection Kernel
Hi Does anyone know how to create the back projection kernel for the IP algorithm, I am referring to the Irani Peleg method for Super Resolution. ...

PyBackend: A simple RDBMS backed object persistence framework
Hi! I am glad to announce the availability of an RDBMS backed object persistence framework in Python. It is in beta version, which means some hidden bugs may be there. It is available under GNU LGPL. So you can try it in your commercial applications too. Following are some of its features, straight ripped out from the project page: * It can store (as well as retrieve) attributes of objects in (from) a relational database supporting atomic transactions. * It allows you to map individual classes to corresponding databases. Hence an application can use multiple databases ...

Back To Back Network
Hi Simple question. I have a desktop and a laptop both with network cards, and want to connect these two machines without using a hub, with a direct cable. I have rewired a net cable to do this, and both computers recognise the other, however, I seem unable to share files accross the connection. All I want to do is transfer files, I dont care about internet and printer shareing Anyone know what Im doing wrong? Thanks Jon Dallimore PS, not sure when I can get on here again due to work etc. Could people please email me? Dallimoj@coventry.ac.uk thanks On 21 Apr 2004 15:30:39 -0...

I'm back (almost)
Some of my friends on comp.arch have noticed my absence for several months. Nothing serious, just lots of work. Mindless, mind-numbing, non-fun, done in almost the most inefficient way possible - but work that consumes lots of hours anyway. Also, my comp-arch.net wiki was taken out of service. I am pretty sure it was hacked, because it occurred a few days to a week after the Microprocessor Reports and Adobe websites had security breaches. I wasn't using the same password, but I was using a password algorithm, and if the MPR password was broken, some of my other password...

Back Light/Inverter
Wanted: Working backlight kit with inverter compatible to Presario 900. Respond to rick.tobin@ns.sympatico.ca ...

Back on the scene- a few questions!
Had an A4000 from 1993 through to a few years ago when it rolled over & said no more Lemmings for me! Now I've got hold of an A3020, two RiscPC's and an A7000. I'm trying to get one of the RiscPC's online. It has the following spec: Arm710 13mb RAM 400mb HD Riscos 3.5 CDROM EtherLan 500 full podule network card. I want to hook up to my existing LAN via RJ45 and get online. Going into the config screen shows the network icon greyed out. Therefore I cannot setup the TCP/IP settings! I know RO3.5 doesn't have TCP/IP built in so downloaded the !Internet softw...

backing up mirrored root
I'm running Solaris 2.6, using Disksuite to mirror my root file system (2 drives). If I'm using ufsdump, what's the proper way to back up /? Can I just go to single-user and back up the metadevice (d0)? Or do I need to metadetach or metaoffline root first? I've tried to Google the answer, but there seem to be several lines of thought on this. Thanks, Harry Boswell Harry Boswell wrote: > I'm running Solaris 2.6, using Disksuite to mirror my root file system > (2 drives). If I'm using ufsdump, what's the proper way to back up /? > Can I just go to sin...

back to the start
Hello! I´m new here (also with matlab) and I would like to know if there is any command capable of getting back to the start, i.e.,the program reads the command, and the command sets the "reading" back to the beginning. Thank you for your help, Juan Carlos "Juan Carlos González" <neotorrejon@hotmail.com> wrote in message <iffjql$oqg$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hello! > > I´m new here (also with matlab) and I would like to know if there is any command capable of getting back to the start, i.e.,the program reads the command, and...

Switching back and forth from Protected and Real mode from lesser previlage process
Hi All, We are writing a 16 bit dos driver for an ethernet card. The registers of the card are mapped to 32 bit address space. Hence as a first step in our driver we changed the interrupt handler of INT13, which changes the GDT limit to 4GB. Hence we were able to read and write to our registers in the 32 bit address space. Due to some unavoidable reasons we need to change the GDT limit to 4GB at the beginning of our functions and revert it back to 64KB before returing back from our code. Since earlier changing the limit 4GB was done in the context of interrupt handler (Highest Pre...

Changing back to original System.mdw Workgroup file
Hello, I have just read through the MS Access Security FAQ, and had a go at securing my database, but now I am stuck. I successfully set up a new .mdw file, say DEPARTMENT.MDW. With this file, I set up users and groups, and then the permissions to objects in my db. Now, I would like to reverse the situation I am in now, i.e. no matter what db I open from my PC, it doesn't ask me for a username and password. I assume that I must used the Workgroup admin and join the original SYSTEM.MDW file, but when I do this, I still get prompted for username and password when opening a db, with the us...

Back-to-back
Hello to everyone My name is Manolis.Here is what i want to do. I want to connect to routers directly with back to back connection.How can i do this?Where am i going to connect the cables?What are the commands?Which is the limit of the speed? Thank you for your time In article <1105753170.187883@athnrd02>, M.P <pitsilkas@lar.forthnet.gr> wrote: :Hello to everyone :My name is Manolis.Here is what i want to do. :I want to connect to routers directly with back to back connection.How can i :do this?Where am i going to connect the cables?What are the commands?Which :is the limit of t...

Backing up Eudora mail to database
Hi All--any suggestions on a downloadable solution to backing up Eudora mail to some offline solution that allows me to store and search a backup without actually running Eudora? (I don't care whether free, donationware, shareware, for paid license, whatever, I'll consider anything reasonably priced if it saves me time.) I still run Eudora 6.x, which has been running fine (notwithstanding an occasional crash, and being a bit fragile to parsing/crashing problems when somebody using a non-western character set sends me email). But it won't run forever. I'd love ...

Back to the past, Lands of Lore
Ok I've read posts speaking of this old time favorite. I wasn't playing CRPGs back in the early 90's and had missed this gem. Found it on underdog's and and installed and figured out Dos-box. What a great game! It might be missing a few of the later crpg refinements, but the story pulls you right in. I've quit playing my newer games for this 12yr old classic. If you like the old style rpg's and don't mind tinkering a bit to get it to run, give this one a try. -- John-C "John-C" <reply.usenet@only.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1bfc364468f0a0a1...

What is the best way to roll back a long sequence of transactions?
Hi, Let's assume I've been making thousands of inserts, deletes, and updates to a table and find that there is an error in the data, and would like to undo these inserts, deletes, and updates. What is the procedure for the best way to do this? Is there anything I should do beforehand to make this easier? Thank you, Steven Kurlander Steve Kurlande wrote: > Hi, > > Let's assume I've been making thousands of inserts, deletes, and updates to > a table and find that there is an error in the data, and would like to > undo these inserts, deletes,...

Re: Wyell is back !!
Welcome back old friend... glad you could join the bread lines. -Craig ----- Original Message ---- From: Wyell Grunwald <wyellhp3000l@COMCAST.NET> To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 11:27:42 AM Subject: Wyell is back !! Wyell Grunwald is back on the list, and, more importantly, back on a HP3000 after being away for almost 2 years ! Author of WEDIT and WIDED from the old Interex days. * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * * To join/leave th...

how to get a file from the Switch6509 back to Unix server ?
Hi all, This question is related to Cisco Catalyst6509 and AIX Server. what i'd like to do is: from the AIX Server, i telnet to the switch, run show command on the switch, then output to the file, then get the file back to AIX server. do you know how to get the AIX 5L 5.3 server talks to the switch(Cat6509) then output all the info to the file and save this file on AIX server ? thanks Tony Tony wrote: > Hi all, > > This question is related to Cisco Catalyst6509 and AIX Server. > what i'd like to do is: > from the AIX Server, i telnet to the switch, run show command o...

Ada Reddit back on-ine
There's still a problem with a number of the sub-reddits, which the admins say is going to take a week to fully resolve, but a little manual intervention from an admin brought the Ada reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/ada/) back early. Marc A. Criley Moderator, Ada Sub-Reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/ada/ ...

back
how to disable back button in browser using asp me5202 said the following on 3/13/2007 8:41 AM: > how to disable back button in browser using asp Open a new window/tab. -- Randy Chance Favors The Prepared Mind comp.lang.javascript FAQ - http://jibbering.com/faq/index.html Javascript Best Practices - http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com/bestpractices/ ...