Back to the LMS again

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi all,
  I am currently trying to implement a simple LMS algorithm in C and on an
analog deviced blackfin ez-kit.  The only real problem is that I am trying
to implement it in a streaming manner and as close to real time as possible.
I have an implementation but it isn't working.
    I am wondering how many samples should I be looking at when estimating
the gradient?  The books I have been reading pretty much just use the
samples in the filter e.g. the last 32 samples for a 32nd order filter.
That is how I have been estimating the gradient, should it work?

Thanks for your help,
Zach

0
Reply Zach 7/13/2003 2:18:06 AM

See related articles to this posting

It should work. Try playing with the step size.
If you are doubtful about your implementation of the algorithm try it
in matlab or 'C' code on PC.

Navan

"Zach R." <zrimkunas@verizon.net> wrote in message news:<yj3Qa.11308$Kw1.8216@nwrdny02.gnilink.net>...
> Hi all,
>   I am currently trying to implement a simple LMS algorithm in C and on an
> analog deviced blackfin ez-kit.  The only real problem is that I am trying
> to implement it in a streaming manner and as close to real time as possible.
> I have an implementation but it isn't working.
>     I am wondering how many samples should I be looking at when estimating
> the gradient?  The books I have been reading pretty much just use the
> samples in the filter e.g. the last 32 samples for a 32nd order filter.
> That is how I have been estimating the gradient, should it work?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Zach
0
Reply epowerx 7/14/2003 10:30:24 PM

I am a little confused by your ppost.  You seem to be saying that
since the filter is 32 samples long, you are iterating over 32
samples.  But I don't think that's what you mean.  If you are asking
how many samples it will take for the filter to converge, then that is
an exponential exp[-1/(mu  * lambda(m))], where mu is the gain, and
lambda(m) is the minimum eigenvalue.  The number of samples it will
take to converge is dependent on the sampling rate.

Maurice Givens

"Zach R." <zrimkunas@verizon.net> wrote in message news:<yj3Qa.11308$Kw1.8216@nwrdny02.gnilink.net>...
> Hi all,
>   I am currently trying to implement a simple LMS algorithm in C and on an
> analog deviced blackfin ez-kit.  The only real problem is that I am trying
> to implement it in a streaming manner and as close to real time as possible.
> I have an implementation but it isn't working.
>     I am wondering how many samples should I be looking at when estimating
> the gradient?  The books I have been reading pretty much just use the
> samples in the filter e.g. the last 32 samples for a 32nd order filter.
> That is how I have been estimating the gradient, should it work?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Zach
0
Reply maurice 7/15/2003 2:21:50 PM
comp.dsp 19890 articles. 25 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Back-to-back
Hello to everyone My name is Manolis.Here is what i want to do. I want to connect to routers directly with back to back connection.How can i do this?Where am i going to connect the cables?What are the commands?Which is the limit of the speed? Thank you for your time In article <1105753170.187883@athnrd02>, M.P <pitsilkas@lar.forthnet.gr> wrote: :Hello to everyone :My name is Manolis.Here is what i want to do. :I want to connect to routers directly with back to back connection.How can i :do this?Where am i going to connect the cables?What are the commands?Which :is the limit of t...

PIX back-to-back
Hi all, I a creating the following setup: Internet -- Router -- (NAT) PIX -- LAN -- (NAT) PIX -- LAN I have the following questions: * Is it possible to use SSH to connect to a published IP address on the first PIX to reach the second PIX for management purposes? * Is it possible to publish a webserver on the first Web server which is placed on the second LAN? Are there any other issues I should consider? TIA. Ikke In article <1149684604.045719.148000@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com>, <ikkemij@xs4all.nl> wrote: >I a creating the following setup: >Internet -- Router --...

back to back routers
I am having a problem creating a mock frame relay connection between two routers. Here is what i am trying to do: 10.1.1.0/24 | | Ethernet To Hub | 10.1.1.1 E0 RouterA S0 192.168.1.1 | | V.35 Serial Cable | S0 192.168.1.2 RouterB E0 192.168.102.2 | | Ethernet to Hub | 192.168.102.0/24 Here are my configs: Router A frame-relay switching interface Serial0 ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0 encapsulation frame-relay frame-relay map ip 192.168.1.2 101 broadcast clock rate 64000 frame-relay intf-type dce no shutdown Router B...

back-to-back with ISDN
Hello, it is possible to conect two routers back-to-back by ISDN ??? Thanks, FO Aaron Leonard wrote: > Yes, in recent IOS, assuming PRI (not BRI.) > Make one side be "isdn protocol-emulate network" > and the other be "isdn protocol-emulate user". > Use primary-net5 if E1 or primary-ni if T1. > I have BRI interface in both routers, any ideas ?? "Fiber Optic" <fiberoptic@go2.pl> wrote in message news:bflcoi$mv6$1@atlantis.news.tpi.pl... > Aaron Leonard wrote: > > > Yes, in recent IOS, assuming PRI (not BRI.) > > Make on...

back to back cable
Hi all - got a question for setting up a router lab. I have three 2524 routers and want to connect them with back to back cross over cables. Should I buy DB60 male to male V.35 cables? I don't have the routers in front of me but I think the serial interfaces on the routers are female. Any suggestions? I just connected two routers (WIC-1T on a 2621 and 8A/S on a 3640) using a pair of V.35 male and female cables, it worked fine. Wei > Hi all - got a question for setting up a router lab. I have three 2524 > routers and want to connect them with back to back cross over cables. &g...

Back to back converter
hello all, can anyone point me in the direction of an ac/dc/ac converter in simulink? i know i can build one from an inverter and a rectifier, just didnt know if anyone had it already as a model. i have found a ac/dc, but can find an inverter: dc/ac. i'm feeding a three pase power to it and need it only for the perposes of frequency alteration. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks, robert. "robert marney" wrote in message <gff34a$seg$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > hello all, > > can anyone point me in the direction of an ac/dc/ac converter in simuli...

Back To Back Network
Hi Simple question. I have a desktop and a laptop both with network cards, and want to connect these two machines without using a hub, with a direct cable. I have rewired a net cable to do this, and both computers recognise the other, however, I seem unable to share files accross the connection. All I want to do is transfer files, I dont care about internet and printer shareing Anyone know what Im doing wrong? Thanks Jon Dallimore PS, not sure when I can get on here again due to work etc. Could people please email me? Dallimoj@coventry.ac.uk thanks On 21 Apr 2004 15:30:39 -0...

CSU/DSU Back to Back
I have two black Box CSU/DSU MS using a crossover cable(pin 1,2 & 7,8 crossed to 7,8 & 1,2) connected back to back in my home networking LAB. The boxes are still booting up in an error mode. They are not connected to the switch or router, just each other. The boxes are for DDS lines. Will they work back to back between two routers in a LAB setting? Howard Huntley <hhuntleyjr@comcast.net> wrote in news:ngear05tf22qcd0f2qe0ngud2msi5po78i@4ax.com: > I have two black Box CSU/DSU MS using a crossover cable(pin 1,2 & 7,8 > crossed to 7,8 & 1,2) connected back to back ...

Serial Back-to-Back Connection
I am putting together a lab with two 2600 routers. I have two serial WICs: WIC 1DSU T1 and WIC 2T but I do not have a Smart Serial cable. If I buy one, can these two cards be used without an external CSU to connect two routers back-to-back? Does it matter which side provides clock? If I use an RS-232 break out box to verfiy I have the correct leads mapped to RJ45 pins, does it mattter whether I get a DCE or DTE Smart Serial cable? Bob Simon <nobody@nowhere.com> writes: >I am putting together a lab with two 2600 routers. I have two serial >WICs: WIC 1DSU T1 and WIC 2T but I do...

Back (history.back()) after refresh
Hi ... I have a webpage popup (lets call it POPUP) which refreshes the opener window (this one we call PARENT) when we close it, saying we want to save data. For this, we use top.oWndOpener.refresh(); When we don't want to save the POPUP data, we just close the popup and don't refresh the PARENT. In the PARENT we have a "Back" link which executes a simple history.back() The problem is: If we refresh parent, we need to go back 2 pages, because the refresh method adds another page to the history. But we have no (easy) way of knowing in the PARENT if it had been refreshed...

SHDSL routers back-to-back
I'm trying to connect two SHDSL routers, a Cisco 828 (IOS 12.3(6e)) and a ZyXEL Prestige 791R. I have very limited experience with ATM, and would appreciate any insight. The physical interfaces go up on both sides, but I can't seem to get any IP traffic through the VC. This is what I've done on the Cisco side: interface ATM0 no shutdown ip address 192.168.252.2 255.255.255.252 no atm ilmi-keepalive dsl equipment-type CPE dsl operating-mode GSHDSL symmetric annex B dsl linerate AUTO pvc 8/35 encapsulation aal5mux ip protocol ip 192.168.252.1 ! ! The Pres...

back to the future! or the future is back?
synchronet BBS is running on ps2moussa telnet, or http use it with caution :-) Moussa -- The information contained in this post is copyright of the poster, and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com Hi Moussa ! > synchronet BBS is running on ps2moussa telnet, or http > use it with caution :-) Internet these days is largely business and entertainment. If it comes to exchange knowledge and informations nothing beats a newsgroup or a real BBS. And the more basic - the better. Keeping off the dancing balonies and HTML crap. Some...

MII back-to-back interface?
Hi, Is it possible to connect MII interface back-to-back? (I mean not through transceiver, just MII to MII) Thanks in advance, novice from far east. ...

back
how to disable back button in browser using asp me5202 said the following on 3/13/2007 8:41 AM: > how to disable back button in browser using asp Open a new window/tab. -- Randy Chance Favors The Prepared Mind comp.lang.javascript FAQ - http://jibbering.com/faq/index.html Javascript Best Practices - http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com/bestpractices/ ...

LMS
Greetz, Can someone point me to an actual coded implementation of an RLS filter? I've dug all over the net and all I keep turning up is professorial papers full of maths, or ads for student DSP toolboxes. TIA, Rob VK3XVK SDR-1000 project http://www.flex-radio.com Matlab code is all I have at the moment...pick your way through that lot. Aren't I nice? col function [y,h,e]=adapt_rls(x,desired,gamma,sigma,len,Ntrain,lock,init,wghts,M,chnl_len); % Adaptive RLS Filter % % [y,h,e]=adapt_rls(x,desired,gamma,sigma,len,Ntrain,lock,init,wghts,M,chnl_len) % % y = output signal...

Back
Hello everyone, I have been away for years (some of you may remember me as the developer of gnuplotfortran). Its nice to see some old names pop up. It so happens that I am working on something that requires Fortran again, and so I decided to add the group to my favorites again. However, there seem to be a truckload of spam messages floating around. Any idea on how to get rid of this ? Thanks. > However, there seem to be a truckload of spam messages floating around. > Any idea on how to get rid of this ? See the discussion "Google Groups Killfile for spam" from septem...

Back
I did as I said - I went 24 hours to let things die down a bit in here. While I said I would not respond during those 24 hours, I hope it is seen as OK to respond now to a couple of posts that I did read - for the most part I barely skimmed the group, but a few posts did jump out ... First, Elizabot, you are right about the fact that I should accept your answers and move on. Even if I do not agree with your answers, it is a double standard to ask others to do so for me and then for me not to do so for you. Second, Steve, I owe you an apology. In re-reading my recent post to you where I...

back
I'm back. :-) -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com On Nov 23, 10:42 am, "ProteanThread" <rt...@rtdos.com> wrote: > I'm back. :-) > > -- > Posted via a free Usenet account fromhttp://www.teranews.com welcome ...

pagemaker does not print back to back on XP
Earlier, I used to print long documents back to back on all pages on a Windows98 machine. a 10 pages document would print on 5 pages back to back. Recently, I have installed pagemaker 6.5 on an XP machine. However, Now when I print any document from Pagemaker in XP, It prints only one one side. Also, another extra blank page comes out at the end. This does not hapen with MW-word documents, PDFs etc. Has anyone faced such a problem? Please help me guys. Thanks in advance, Fenisa fenisa wrote: > Earlier, I used to print long documents back to back on all pages on a > Windows98 mac...

Reading a file twice, back to back ?
Hi, I have a question regarding reading a file. I like to read a file (let's say FILE1) line by line and print the lines that match a certain criteria to another file. The question is, on second pass do I need to first close FILE1 and then reopen it (with read access). Or is there a better way to do it, to basically go back to the beginning of the file as if I am opening it for reading for the second time. Thanks. Martin martin wrote: > Hi, I have a question regarding reading a file. > > I like to read a file (let's say FILE1) line by line and print the > lines that m...

Daisy chaining and back-to-back connections
Good to see the group active again :-). Thanks Huub, Bert and others... Usually during our testing we use daisy chaining / loop back at far end / Back to Back connection due to lack of test set. Is these techniques used in real time scenario also? Hello Cijo Ceazer, You wrote: > Usually during our testing we use daisy chaining / loop back at far > end / Back to Back connection due to lack of test set. Is these > techniques used in real time scenario also? Yes, the creativity of system and network testers is very good. Be carefull with too many loopbacks, because the jitter and...

learning- back to back with a 2500 and a 1600
playing with a 2500 and a 1600 , both with serial0 and e0; bought a dce/dte cable and am trying, obviously , to connect them such that I can learn WAN protocols ; could someone post the most *SIMPLE* of commands for setting up ppp or hldc ? many thanks .... "barrett bonden" <arthurheyman@yahoo.com> writes: >playing with a 2500 and a 1600 , both with serial0 and e0; bought a dce/dte >cable and am trying, obviously , to connect them such that I can learn WAN >protocols ; could someone post the most *SIMPLE* of commands for setting up >ppp or hldc ? many thanks...

Efficient 5851 sdsl back to back
I have two 5851 modems that I have flashed with 5851-005 firmware. I have followed Efficient's documentation to setup a point-to-point sdsl configuration. Once the modems sync up, the link light goes solid green, but then starts a slow flash, and then goes to a solid amber, and then it goes through the same thing again. Does anyone know/ has anyone had success flashing any of the 5851 modems to a certain firmware in order to acheive the desired point-to-point setup? My thoughts were that the 5851-xxx modems were all the same hardware wise, they just had different configs and firmware fo...

Ligatures dropping out, then back in, then back out.....wtf
Has anyone encountered a problem with ligatures dropping in, then coming back, then dropping out? I'm having this problem. It seems like switching back and forth between xelatex and latex seems to help, but not always. The problem only recently started, and I've not changed any settings that I know of. On Mar 12, 1:42=A0pm, "Ed \"Memoir Class\" Roche" <edward.ro...@gmail.com> wrote: > Has anyone encountered a problem with ligatures dropping in, then > coming back, then dropping out? I'm having this problem. It seems like > switching back and fort...