By default, which calling convention C55 compiler is using?

Which one? c55_std? c55_compat? c55_new?

TIA.

0
perry.yuan (20)
6/6/2006 8:12:56 PM
comp.dsp 20333 articles. 1 followers. allnor (8510) is leader. Post Follow

calling convention used by the avr-gcc compiler
Hi there, I want to know about the calling convention used by the avr-gcc compiler. Can anyone please refer any document or manual where I can look for the calling convention ? Thank you, Prinyanka ...

Forcing a call statement to use a fixed address call when compiling?
Hey guys, I have a very specific question regarding how to force a fixed address call instead of a fixed offset call. I am looking to force a fixed address call so that the location of the function bar() below can be modified at runtime. int foo() { return 0; } void bar() { foo(); <-- After compiling, this is translated into a fixed offset call instruction: call 0x(Offset to foo) } I know this is one way of solving the problem, but I was wondering if there is a better way of achieving this? int foo() { return 0; } void bar() { int(*fooPtr)() = foo; fooPtr(); <-- This will make a fix...

What is the different between c++ call convention and c call convention?
What is the different between c++ call convention and c call convention?Can some give some examples? On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 19:25:57 -0800 (PST), dolphin <jdxyw2004@gmail.com> wrote in comp.lang.c++: > What is the different between c++ call convention and c call > convention?Can some give some examples? Neither C nor C++ define a "calling convention". Particular compilers provide their own "calling conventions", generally based on the underlying processor architecture and usually also on the operating system that the code will run under. If you are interested i...

Can i use a compiler A to build an application that uses libraries built with compiler B ?
Hi I am facing a problem to build a c++ application. It uses libraries that are build with gcc. The libraries are C libraries and not C++ libraries( and i cannot build these C libraries using C++ compiler because i don't have the source code) The application that i am trying to build is being built with CC compiler of Sun on Solaris and the application is C++ application. I am facing linker errors.( of course the C headers provided with C libraries are using extern "C") My conjecture is that this is due to use of different compilers to build the application and the libraries being used by the application. I have read somewhere that C++ libraries are not portable in i.e i can't use c++ library built with compiler A in a application(C++) that is being built with application B and this is due to different calling conventions of different compilers. But i am not sure whether a C library is portable or not. Please correct me if i am wrong in any of my above statements. I have already read the faq http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/mixing-c-and-cpp.html and here also it is mentioned that the compiler should be from the same vendor( if you want to mix c and c++ code) But my colleague says that his application( with the same scenario) is being successfully built and mine is failing because of some other reason and not the one that i believe. Am i wrong ? Then how come that he is able to build their application using same libraries and my application is gi...

Help in using matlab in calling ni-daq function using direct DLL calls
I am new with matlab and i need your help in calling out an ni-daq function using matlab which is AI_Change_Parameter (deviceNum, 2, ND_DSA_EXCITATION, ND_ON); IEPE excitation generates a significant DC offset in the signal, and you will almost always want to enable AC coupling to remove this offset. Input coupling is also controlled using the AI_Change_Parameter function. To enable AC coupling on channel 2, you would make the following function call: which will enable me to control the Integrated Electronic Piezoelectric (IEPE) current excitation for my ni-4472 daq card. Can u please gu...

Using the GCCSDK to compile a compiler
Hi, Given that there is a port to ARM Linux (Debian) of Novell's Mono .NET package, I'm guessing that it should be possible to compile the source up using the gccsdk (I'm not saying that it would work without being able to generate RISC OS binaries of C# code, but the source should compile). Now, I've been hacking around with Mono for quite a while and know the internals - what I don't know is how I would use the gccsdk to compile up Mono - does anyone have any hints or tips for doing it? I'll need Peter's config scripts, but there in lies a potential problem - Mono doesn't use configure rather it uses autogen.sh. Will the scripts cope with this? TTFN Paul -- "Logic, my dear Zoe, is merely the ability to be wrong with authority" - Dr Who In message <1127318568.4043.35.camel@localhost.localdomain> Paul <paul@all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote: > Given that there is a port to ARM Linux (Debian) of Novell's Mono .NET > package, I'm guessing that it should be possible to compile the source > up using the gccsdk (I'm not saying that it would work without being > able to generate RISC OS binaries of C# code, but the source should > compile). > > Now, I've been hacking around with Mono for quite a while and know the > internals - what I don't know is how I would use the gccsdk to compile > up Mono - does anyone have any hints or tips for doing it? http://www.drobe.co....

compiling using native compiler
When I try to compile python 2.3.4 using SGI's native compiler ../configure --without-gcc followed by make I get error make c++ -o python \ Modules/python.o \ libpython2.3.a -ldl -lpthread -lmpc -lm ld32: WARNING 84 : /usr/lib32/libdl.so is not used for resolving any symbol. ld32: FATAL 9 : I/O error (-lmpc): No such file or directory collect2: ld returned 32 exit status *** Error code 1 (bu21) but I see it in /usr/lib ls -l /usr/lib/mpc -rwxrwxr-x 1 root sys 598996 May 20 17:10 /usr/lib/mpc "SS" <sridhara@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:95650bb5.0410050819.2f34f323@posting.google.com... > When I try to compile python 2.3.4 using SGI's native compiler > ./configure --without-gcc > followed by > make > > I get error > make > c++ -o python \ > Modules/python.o \ > libpython2.3.a -ldl -lpthread -lmpc -lm > ld32: WARNING 84 : /usr/lib32/libdl.so is not used for resolving any symbol. > ld32: FATAL 9 : I/O error (-lmpc): No such file or directory > collect2: ld returned 32 exit status > *** Error code 1 (bu21) > > but I see it in /usr/lib > > ls -l /usr/lib/mpc > -rwxrwxr-x 1 root sys 598996 May 20 17:10 /usr/lib/mpc The libraries in usr/lib are o32. You need n32 libs whichs comes from /usr/lib32 or a specified directory -L/usr/my/lib...

Using the default package
Hi, I know that it is illegal to use a class from the default package in a named package. But JBuilder 7 is able to somehome circumvent this problem even though it is set up with a recent sdk. Does anyone know if JBuilder sets a special flag that I can also set manually to get the same effect? I'm using badly written libraries that put some key classes in the default package. Thank you very much in advance. A positive response will make my life a whole lot easier. Bura Bura Tino wrote: > I know that it is illegal to use a class from the default package in a named > package. Bu...

Using/Calling C55-DLL's from C6
Hi Is it possible to call and use C55EE-DLL's from a C6EE-app. I wish to utilize the oletcl and pwcom-classes in my C6 app's Bjorn Kaustell ...

Trouble with Altera DSP Builder Licensing while trying to use Signal Compiler...
I have a DSP development kit, Stratix Edition. I obtained a license for the development kit, using the link: https://mysupport.altera.com/lic/devKitNic.asp?product=stratix I received the license, installed it per the instructions. Quartus II seems to work OK but when I try to run the Filtering Reference Design Lab, exercise 3, and run the Signal Compiler 2.1.3, I get the error message "! Unable to check a valid DSP Builder License". I was under the impression from the Altera Licensing web link that the DSB Builder License was included as a feature of the licensing file. I'v...

how to pre-compile and cache regex patterns in an Expect script for use between expect calls
Hello, Is it possible to pre-compile a regex pattern for expect, and then specify this pre-compiled version as a pattern directly within a Tcl/Expect script? I'm dealing with a script that is looking for the same pattern in volume quantities, and I'm wanting to make the script more efficient for the CPU. I've considered using string commands instead, but regex makes what I'm trying to match/capture easier, and so I wanted to see if this was possible. I'm looking at pg. 501 in Don Libe's Expect book, and wondering if I can use some form of "exp_compiled" tht is mentioned regarding use of the expect.h library directly in my Tcl/Expect scripts. Thanks in advance, David Basham David Basham wrote: > Is it possible to pre-compile a regex pattern for expect, and then > specify this pre-compiled version as a pattern directly within a > Tcl/Expect script? I'm dealing with a script that is looking for the Depending on the C code that expect is using, Tcl does cache regexps as objects. If you treat that always as a regexp, then it will only be compiled once at the C level. Of course, that assumes that Expect is using Tcl_GetRegexpFromObj (would have to verify). > more efficient for the CPU. I've considered using string commands > instead, but regex makes what I'm trying to match/capture easier, and String commands are much more efficient than regexps any way you cut it, because they are all restricted ops for a si...

how to compile in c++ using smc compiler
hi all, i was using the smc state machine compiler..i tried to compiler the example prog in the manual in java.. it ran with out any error.. but when i tried to compile in c++ i got errors the command i used was java -jar Smc.jar -c++ -d turnstile Turnstile.sm - "%header" missing.. can anyone please help me out ...

DSP using a non DSP processor
My requirement is to use a moderate controller (Non DSP) and take analog sinusoidal signals (half second cycle 50 hz) , take their samples, do a Fourier transform to remove harmonics and then multiply them to find instantaneous power. Then do a Low Power Filtering operation on this power signal. Is it possible? has anyone implemented anything similar or am I being too ambitious? please post your comments about its feasibility. Thanks, Rohan Rohan wrote: > My requirement is to use a moderate controller (Non DSP) and take > analog sinusoidal signals (half second cycle 50 hz) , take their > samples, do a Fourier transform to remove harmonics and then multiply > them to find instantaneous power. Then do a Low Power Filtering > operation on this power signal. > Is it possible? has anyone implemented anything similar or am I being > too ambitious? > please post your comments about its feasibility. > > Thanks, > Rohan > The big question is "in real time?". Do you want to do this in C ? So, Yea but, is your answer. Rohan wrote: > My requirement is to use a moderate controller (Non DSP) and take > analog sinusoidal signals (half second cycle 50 hz) , take their > samples, do a Fourier transform to remove harmonics and then multiply > them to find instantaneous power. Then do a Low Power Filtering > operation on this power signal. > Is it possible? has anyone implemented anything similar or am I being > too a...

Use DEFAULT CONSTRAINTs or BOUND DEFAULTs?
I am doing a little research on Google about this topic and I ran into this thread: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming/browse_thread/thread/63cce060ff152dcc/1dc13d4ee6758966?lnk=st&q=difference+constraint+sql+defaults&rnum=14#1dc13d4ee6758966 I read SQL Server MVP Louis Davidson's post saying: "Actually they are more likely to drop the concept of bound defaults. Constraints are the standard way to do this, and really should be the way you create defaults anyhow." Even I read in the Microsoft SQL Server Introduction (SQL 7 book page 244, however we're using SQL Server 2000): "Constraints define rules regarding the values allowed in columns and are the standard mechanism for enforcing integrity, preferred over triggers, rules, and defaults. They are also used by the query optimizer to improve performance in selectivity estimation, cost calculations, and query rewriting." Why constraint defaults are better? The second sentence about constraints having better optimization, I am guessing they don't mean this about Default Constraints, rather the other type of constraints? Because I don't see how a Default Constraint have anything to do with performance? Isn't default only to do with new records being created? At work we are setting all tables' columns to have constraint defaults of 0 or ' ' (space character) in order not to have any column with the NULL value. Therefore we have ...

calling convention
Hello, I'm experimenting with the c calling convention and I can't figure out the reason to increase the stack before calling printf. Below is the code that further explains my confusion. access_vars.c #include <stdio.h> int main(int argc, char* argv[]) { int a; int b[256]; int c; int d[16 * 1024 * 1024]; int e; int f; a = argc; b[0] = argc + argc; b[255] = a + b[0]; c = argc + b[1]; d[0] = argc + a; d[4095] = argc + b[255]; e = a + c; printf("%d %d %d %d %d", a, b[0], c, d[0], e); return 0; } access_vars.s [...] 1 movl %eax, -8(%ebp) 2 movl -67109904(%ebp), %eax 3 movl -1040(%ebp), %edx 4 subl $8, %esp 5 pushl -8(%ebp) 6 pushl %eax 7 pushl -12(%ebp) 8 pushl %edx 9 pushl -16(%ebp) 10 pushl $.LC0 11 call printf 12 addl $32, %esp 13 movl $0, %eax 14 leave 15 ret 16 .size main, .-main 17 .ident "GCC: (GNU) 4.0.2 20051125 (Red Hat 4.0.2-8)" 18 .section .note.GNU-stack,"",@progbits What is the purpose of the instruction on line 4, "subl %8, %esp"? The confusion comes here, when I change the printf statement to: printf("%d %d %d %d %d", a, b[0], c, d[0], e, f); the assembly produced is: access_vars.s [...] 1 movl -1040(%ebp), %edx 2 subl $4, %esp 3 pushl -4(%ebp) 4 pushl -8(%ebp) 5 pushl %eax 6 pushl -12(%ebp) 7 pushl %edx 8 pushl -16(%ebp) 9 pushl $.LC0 10 call printf 11 addl $32, %esp 12 movl $0, %eax 13 leave 14 ret 15 .size main, .-main 16 .ident "GCC: (GNU) 4.0.2 20051125 (Red...

Default & non-default compilation semantics
In http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/forth/dpans-html/comment-semantics.html in the Implementations strategies section, there's a statement that intrigues (that is, confuses) me. In a traditional xt is CFA, immediate flag forth; "Words without interpretation semantics and with default compilation semantics (e.g., EXIT) can be implemented as non-immediate; you cannot implement them as immediate words if you support [COMPILE]." Does this mean "you cannot [COMPILE] EXIT" if EXIT is immediate? Clarification of the definition of "non-default compilation semantics" might help; I can't see the difference between IF and EXIT. Neither have interpretation semantics; why are the compilation semantics of IF non-default? -- Regards Alex McDonald "Alex McDonald" <alex_mcd@btopenworld.com> writes: >In >http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/forth/dpans-html/comment-semantics.html >in the Implementations strategies section, there's a statement that >intrigues (that is, confuses) me. In a traditional xt is CFA, immediate >flag forth; > >"Words without interpretation semantics and with default compilation >semantics (e.g., EXIT) can be implemented as non-immediate; you cannot >implement them as immediate words if you support [COMPILE]." > >Does this mean "you cannot [COMPILE] EXIT" if EXIT is immediate? What the system will do in that case is not what the standard requires (though I ...

Error compiling file using lcc compiler
Hi I'm using the lcc compiler for win32. I tried compiling a program but there's an error stating: "cpp: Can't open input file clrscr()" I don't get it - I've included <tcconio.h>. (strange why they couldn't have just left it as <conio.h>?): #include <tcconio.h> // code ---- Albert Albert wrote: > Hi > I'm using the lcc compiler for win32. I tried compiling a program but > there's an error stating: "cpp: Can't open input file clrscr()" > > I don't get it - I've included <tcconio.h>. ...

system call using gzip or using rubyzip?
How do I duplicate this gzip -f call in Ruby? require 'rubygems' require 'zip/zip' require 'ftools' File.makedirs("devlogs_zipped") \ or raise StandardError, "Make dir failed to ~aevrlog/devlogs_zipped!" if ( array1.length >= 1 ) array1.each { |file| if (File.size?(file) > FSIZE) countr+=1 File.copy(file, "#{file}.#{countr}") File.move("#{file}.#{countr}","/cygdrive/c/temp/log/devlogs_zipped") `gzip -f "/cygdrive/c/temp/log/devlogs_zipped/#{fi...

Compiling Python using the Portland Group compiler
I am trying to install Python 2.4.3 on an AMD Opteron system using =20 the Portland Group's compiler (pgcc). Using CC=3D"pgcc -DNCURSES_ENABLE_STDBOOL_H=3D0" OPT=3D"-O0" = LINKFORSHARED=3D"-Wl,-=20 export-dynamic" ./configure --without-cxx I finally managed to obtain an executable that would start and work, =20 but it fails a couple of test cases: 1) test_coercion reports wrong results for operations with complex =20 numbers. For example, 2**(2.+0j) yields (1+0j). 2) test_compare reports some wrong results, such as (2+0j) !=3D (2+0j) However, typing (...

Calling a C-calling convention function in a DLL
Hi all, Is there a problem with calling a function out of a library ? I have the following description: "All functions use the C calling convention, not Pascal convention" #define XLIB_API __declspec(dllexport) typedef struct { long general; /* General return code */ long system; /* System error */ long pcsc; /* PC/SC error */ BYTE cardSW[2]; /* Card status word*/ BYTE rfu[6]; } X_Status; XLIB_API X_Status X_Exit(); ==> My question : How to declare this function in VO ???? Whe...

Putting call/2 and call/3 to some extreme use
Dear All Just noticed some funny use of call/2 and call/3. Namely call/2 can be used to implement is/2 as follows: X is Y :- number(Y), !, X=Y. X is Y :- call(Y,X). +(A,B,C) :- X is A, Y is B, sys_add(A,B,C). etc... And call/3 can be used to implement phrase/3 as follows: phrase(A,I,O) :- call(A,I,O). ,(A,B,I,O) :- phrase(A,I,H), phrase(B,H,O). '[]'(I,I). '.'(A,B,[A|I],O) :- phrase(B,I,O). etc.. Anybody following the above path in implementing is/2 or phrase/3?? Some danger in overloading operators/predicates such as +/2 and ,/2 with other arity?? Seems to highlight th...

[ace-users] ACE compilation using g++ compiler
------=_Part_214835_277658.1167314722266 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Hi, Below is my PRF ACE VERSION: 5.3a_p16 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: SunOS dev45-sls 5.10 Generic_118855-14 i86pc i386 i86pc TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): Same machine CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h [if you use a link to a platform- specific file, simply state which one]: #define ACE_USES_STD_NAMESPACE_FOR_STDCPP_LIB 1 #define ACE_HAS_STANDARD_CPP_LIBRARY 1 #include "ace/config-sunos5.9.h" CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU (unless this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft Visual C++): ========================================================== # $Id: platform_linux.GNU,v 1.1.1.3.2.2 2004/06/17 19:42:39 seibel_r Exp $ # According to Bryon G. Rigg <bgrigg@opus.bcbnet.com>, this file # should allow ACE to be built on Linux. # debug = 1 # optimize = 1 exceptions=1 inline=1 ami=1 rt_corba=1 smart_proxies=1 interceptors=1 interface_repo=1 corba_messaging=1 shared_libs_only=1 threads=1 stlport=1 ifndef exceptions exceptions = 1 endif ifeq (,$(debug)) debug = 1 endif ifeq (,$(optimize)) optimize = 1 endif ifeq (,$(threads)) threads ...

Older gcc using a library compiled with a different compiler?
I have an application that has me forced to use gcc 2.95.3 on solaris/ SPARC. I am wondering, is there any problem with and older gcc like this using a library that was compiled with gcc 3.4? What if I get a version of this library compiled with sun pro? Is it an issue then if I use this old gcc and attempt to call functions in this library? Thanks much, mohan Mohan Khurana <mohankhurana@gmail.com> writes: > I have an application that has me forced to use gcc 2.95.3 on solaris/ > SPARC. How can an application force you to do anything? Did it put a gun to your head? Now, if...

Ada compiler using a M2 compiler as back-end
Hi, Just saw that a Modula-2 compiler (Stony Brook) has been recently released as freeware: http://modula2.org/adwm2/ IIRC it is reputed to produce very compact and fast machine code. A nice project would be to plug an Ada front-end to it and see the result... _________________________ Gautier's Ada programming http://gautiersblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Ada NB: follow the above link for a valid e-mail address Le Wed, 08 Feb 2012 04:29:23 +0100, Gautier write-only = <gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com> a =C3=A9crit: > Hi, > Just saw that a Modula-2 compiler (Stony Brook) has been recently > released as freeware: > > http://modula2.org/adwm2/ > I wondered why Modula=E2=80=912 instead of Modula=E2=80=913. A quick sea= rch on the web = suggest Modula=E2=80=913 was not widely adopted as an industry standard.= Does that = mean Modula=E2=80=912 is really widely adopted ? -- = =E2=80=9CSyntactic sugar causes cancer of the semi-colons.=E2=80=9D [1] =E2=80=9CStructured Programming supports the law of the excluded muddle.= =E2=80=9D [1] [1]: Epigrams on Programming =E2=80=94 Alan J. =E2=80=94 P. Yale Univers= ity On 2012-02-07, Yannick Duch�ne <yannick_duchene@yahoo.fr> wrote: > Le Wed, 08 Feb 2012 04:29:23 +0100, Gautier write-only ><gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com> a �crit: > >> Hi, >> Just saw that a Modula-2 compiler (Stony Brook) has been recently >> released as freeware: >> >> http://mod...

Web resources about - By default, which calling convention C55 compiler is using? - comp.dsp

European Patent Convention - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Convention on the Grant of European Patents of 5 October 1973, commonly known as the European Patent Convention (EPC), is a multilateral ...

Donald Trump to 'study fine print' of petition to allow guns at Republican National Convention
... backs gun rights, in an awkward position. More than 35,000 people have signed a petition to allow firearms inside the Republican National Convention ...

Donald Trump to 'study fine print' of petition to allow guns at Republican National Convention
... in an awkward position. Doug Stanglin More than 35,000 people have signed a petition to allow firearms inside the Republican National Convention ...

GOP Is Pro-Guns — Just Not At Its Convention
ABC Action News GOP Is Pro-Guns — Just Not At Its Convention ABC Action News In the gun-control debate, Republicans generally side with pro-Second ...

It's going to be an RNC rumble even before the convention
It's going to be an RNC rumble even before the convention by digby This piece by Ed Kilgore about the probable chaos at the RNC convention planning ...

Sign The Petition To Allow GOP Convention Goers To Shoot Each Other
... and get drunk and shoot everyone in it. The theory is that everyone in the bar is safer if they all have guns. But not at a Republican convention. ...

Trump Hires Reagan, Ford Delegate Manager to Stave Off Establishment Convention Hopes
Trump Hires Reagan, Ford Delegate Manager to Stave Off Establishment Convention Hopes

Secret Service weighs in on petition calling for guns at GOP convention
Secret Service weighs in on petition calling for guns at GOP convention

Petition to allow guns at GOP convention has more than 42000 signatures
Chicago Tribune Petition to allow guns at GOP convention has more than 42000 signatures Chicago Tribune Presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz, ...

Republican National Convention gun controversy
A petition to allow firearms inside the Republican National Convention in Cleveland has collected more than 2