Coding Gain: Huffman Code

Hey All,

Could someone tell me how to find out the coding gain if Huffman coding i
used. The BER without coding is 0.1. I found the Huffman code of th
alphabet and got an efficiency of 98 %. How do I calculate the coding gai
or the BER when the coding is used for a specific SNR value?

Thanks,
Nisha

comp.dsp 20333 articles. 1 followers. allnor (8509) is leader. Post Follow

On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 08:03:22 -0600, "Nisha_Malh"
<farah727rash@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hey All,
>
>Could someone tell me how to find out the coding gain if Huffman coding is
>used. The BER without coding is 0.1. I found the Huffman code of the
>alphabet and got an efficiency of 98 %. How do I calculate the coding gain
>or the BER when the coding is used for a specific SNR value?
>
>Thanks,
>Nisha

Usually 'coding gain' is expressed in dB at a particular BER.   For
example if a particular coded system achieves Pe = 10e-3 at 6dB SNR,
and the same BER at 10dB SNR when the same system is uncoded, then the
'coding gain' under those conditions is 4dB.

So typically one picks a performance metric, whether it's a particular
BER or PER or something similar, and then finds the difference in SNR
or Eb/No (or similar metric) for the coded and uncoded cases at the
same performance level in the same channel conditions.

Eric Jacobsen
Minister of Algorithms
Abineau Communications
http://www.ericjacobsen.org
0
eric.jacobsen (2636)
12/9/2007 5:36:20 PM
>Usually 'coding gain' is expressed in dB at a particular BER.   For
>example if a particular coded system achieves Pe = 10e-3 at 6dB SNR,
>and the same BER at 10dB SNR when the same system is uncoded, then the
>'coding gain' under those conditions is 4dB.
>
>So typically one picks a performance metric, whether it's a particular
>BER or PER or something similar, and then finds the difference in SNR
>or Eb/No (or similar metric) for the coded and uncoded cases at the
>same performance level in the same channel conditions.
>
>Eric Jacobsen
>Minister of Algorithms
>Abineau Communications
>http://www.ericjacobsen.org

So, can I design for a code to give me the coding gain I want?

And, how do I know the code rate of a Huffman code? For example, the cod
rate of a convolutional code is n/k (n bit input, k bit output).
Since Huffman code has variable output bit length, how can I know what th
code rate is? Is it the average output bit length I need to take?
"Nisha_Malh" <farah727rash@gmail.com> writes:

>>Usually 'coding gain' is expressed in dB at a particular BER.   For
>>example if a particular coded system achieves Pe = 10e-3 at 6dB SNR,
>>and the same BER at 10dB SNR when the same system is uncoded, then the
>>'coding gain' under those conditions is 4dB.
>>
>>So typically one picks a performance metric, whether it's a particular
>>BER or PER or something similar, and then finds the difference in SNR
>>or Eb/No (or similar metric) for the coded and uncoded cases at the
>>same performance level in the same channel conditions.
>>
>>Eric Jacobsen
>>Minister of Algorithms
>>Abineau Communications
>>http://www.ericjacobsen.org
>>

> So, can I design for a code to give me the coding gain I want?
>
> And, how do I know the code rate of a Huffman code? For example, the code
> rate of a convolutional code is n/k (n bit input, k bit output).
> Since Huffman code has variable output bit length, how can I know what the
> code rate is? Is it the average output bit length I need to take?

There seems to be a big disconnect. "Coding gain" is usually a term
applied to channel coding. Huffman codes are *source* codes!
--
%  Randy Yates                  % "Ticket to the moon, flight leaves here today
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC            %  from Satellite 2"
wrote:

>"Nisha_Malh" <farah727rash@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>>Usually 'coding gain' is expressed in dB at a particular BER.   For
>>>example if a particular coded system achieves Pe = 10e-3 at 6dB SNR,
>>>and the same BER at 10dB SNR when the same system is uncoded, then the
>>>'coding gain' under those conditions is 4dB.
>>>
>>>So typically one picks a performance metric, whether it's a particular
>>>BER or PER or something similar, and then finds the difference in SNR
>>>or Eb/No (or similar metric) for the coded and uncoded cases at the
>>>same performance level in the same channel conditions.
>>>
>>>Eric Jacobsen
>>>Minister of Algorithms
>>>Abineau Communications
>>>http://www.ericjacobsen.org
>>>

>> So, can I design for a code to give me the coding gain I want?
>>
>> And, how do I know the code rate of a Huffman code? For example, the code
>> rate of a convolutional code is n/k (n bit input, k bit output).
>> Since Huffman code has variable output bit length, how can I know what the
>> code rate is? Is it the average output bit length I need to take?
>
>There seems to be a big disconnect. "Coding gain" is usually a term
>applied to channel coding. Huffman codes are *source* codes!

Duh.  That only occurred to me when I read the response.

Ah, well...

Eric Jacobsen
Minister of Algorithms
Abineau Communications
http://www.ericjacobsen.org
0
eric.jacobsen (2636)
12/9/2007 9:09:16 PM
On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 08:03:22 -0600, Nisha_Malh wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> Could someone tell me how to find out the coding gain if Huffman coding
> is used. The BER without coding is 0.1. I found the Huffman code of the
> alphabet and got an efficiency of 98 %. How do I calculate the coding
> gain or the BER when the coding is used for a specific SNR value?
>
> Thanks,
> Nisha

The Huffman code is used to compress data, so it takes your original
stream and removes redundant bits in a way that is (hopefully) easy to
expand back to the original at the receiving end.

The codes to which the term "coding gain" is usually applied are error
correcting codes, where redundant bits are _added in_, such that below
some threshold number of bit errors in a block (or length for
convolutional codes -- I'm a bit weak on that tidbit) errors can be
completely corrected.

A Huffman code would have the characteristic of increasing the output bit
rate for a certain input bit rate, and would, furthermore, take
completely random bit errors in and return you burst errors.  Used in a
channel with no other coding, a Huffman code would have coding _loss_,
but you'd calculate it the same way that Eric outlined for an error
correcting code.

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com

tim177 (4433)
12/9/2007 10:25:34 PM

Nisha_Malh wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> Could someone tell me how to find out the coding gain if Huffman coding is
> used. The BER without coding is 0.1. I found the Huffman code of the
> alphabet and got an efficiency of 98 %. How do I calculate the coding gain
> or the BER when the coding is used for a specific SNR value?

The question is incorrect. You've got to know the structure of the
original data. If it is 98% redundant, then some of this redundancy can
benefit to the error correction.

However here is the worst case estimate, if this redundancy can't be
used. You got to know the size of the message. Let the size of original
message = N bits. Huffman compression of 98% = energy boost by 50 times.
Thus you are likely to deal with the single bit errors. But one error in
the compresed block is likely to result in ~N/4 errors at the output.
In the uncompressed case, the number of errors is likely to be N/10.
Now look at the erf() function and normalize the compressed and
uncompressed cases to the same error rate. Observe the difference in the
required power to transmit the message. This is your gain.

Vladimir Vassilevsky
DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant
http://www.abvolt.com

To Code or Not to Code?
Just read a paper with the very interesting title, "To code or not to code: lossy source-channel communication revisited", Gastpar et al, IEEE Trans Information Theory, May 2003, p 1147. It's available for free here... http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/~gastpar/01197846.pdf As far as I can tell, the idea is that although source and channel coding can be separated without loss of optimality (Shannon) it can be overly complex, and less complex systems can get close to this opimality by combining source and channel coding, or at least matching them in some way. This sounds like a pret...

To code or not to code?
To code or not to code, that is question! Reporting from Lotus Notes Applications has never been easy. Notes developers usually need to write reams of code to create even the simplest of reports. Check this - a single-level cross-tab report takes about 2 days of code writing! Creating reports with higher functionality only means more coding and more complexities. Is there an alternative to this? You bet there is! Introducing IntelliPRINT Reporting - a cutting-edge next generation solution for Lotus Notes reporting. It is a native Lotus Notes solution that acts as an add-on lay...

To code or not to code?
To code or not to code, that is question! Reporting from Lotus Notes Applications has never been easy. Notes developers usually need to write reams of code to create even the simplest of reports. Check this - a single-level cross-tab report takes about 2 days of code writing! Creating reports with higher functionality only means more coding and more complexities. Is there an alternative to this? You bet there is! Introducing IntelliPRINT Reporting - a cutting-edge next generation solution for Lotus Notes reporting. It is a native Lotus Notes solution that acts as an add-on lay...

A quantum analog of Huffman coding vs. a Huffman coding
A quantum analog of Huffman coding has been proposed by Samuel L. Braunstein, Christopher A. Fuchs, Daniel Gottesman, Hoi-Kwong Lo (http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/9805080). Is "A quantum analog of Huffman coding" a Huffman coding? -- Alex Vinokur email: alex DOT vinokur AT gmail DOT com http://mathforum.org/library/view/10978.html http://sourceforge.net/users/alexvn ...

Huffman Coding and Arithmetic Coding
Hi everybody, i m trying to find somebody who ever worked on Huffman coding... Trying to use files found in File Exchange, and i ve got a lot of errors I don't understand... Please, contact me if u know stg about image compression... Thanx "amelie" <amelie.quinet@reseau.eseo.fr> wrote in message news:ef2ca1d.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi everybody, > > i m trying to find somebody who ever worked on Huffman coding... > Trying to use files found in File Exchange, and i ve got a lot of > errors I don't understand... > > Please, contact me if u know...

source code in matlab for huffman coding
hi.iam in need of source code in matlab for huffman coding using the default table, i tring to write this code but i cann't write it. could you send to me function to generat huffman table without input ...

good code, bad code, magic code
i've discovered (on my server) that it doesn't seem to be necessary to call data from a form via $_POST, or to retrieve cookies via $_COOKIE, and other such things; they are available by name alone. however, i've heard that just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD. my question: is this considered bad practice? also, when submitting a file via <input name="file" type="file" /> i find that not only does $file get set, but $file_name and others also "magically" get set... I guess I just find that odd coming from C++ where nothing seems to do work for you... quite nice and handy though :) >i've discovered (on my server) that it doesn't seem to be necessary to >call data from a form via $_POST, or to retrieve cookies via $_COOKIE, >and other such things; they are available by name alone. however, i've register_globals is a security problem. Don't write code that depends on it. >heard that just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD. >my question: is this considered bad practice? Yes. And you'll probably find some hosting companies that WILL NOT turn on register_globals for any price. Gordon L. Burditt great! thanks. that's all I wanted to know. ...

request for source code of adaptive huffman coding

Code to compile a code
In a c program I have a var with the name of a file that I want to compile, how would I compile it using c code? Profetas <xuxu_18@yahoo.com> wrote: > In a c program I have a var with the name of a file that I want to compile, > how would I compile it using c code? Probably by cobbling together a string with the command to invoke the compiler, using your variable, and than feeding it to the system() function. Regards, Jens -- \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___ Jens.Toerring@physik.fu-berlin.de \__________________________ http://www.toerring....

Code to display my code

changing code by code
hi y'all! i want to implement a few macros to help me do my coding; when calling a macro: how i can i find out in which module i'm currently in; at which position and what text i have selected. it's gotta be possible somehow, but the screen-objekt really isn't of much help. can anyone help me? thanks in advance! mike maercker I don't know about macros. You might be able to use them to run code you write. But if you are up to coding, you need to set a reference to the 'Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Extensibility 5.3'. It provides the interface for modifying/returning information about code modules. The CodePane object returns information about the code/module being viewed in the IDE. CodePane.CodeModule property will tell you which module is being viewed in the in the IDE. Using the CodePane's GetSelection method you can retrieve information about the currently selected text. The CodeModule object allows to locate, identify, modify lines of code in a particular module. I have not checked to see what kind of documentation Microsoft has on programming using the IDE object. You can use the object browser to look at it and retrieve information about its object model, properties and methods. Some Wrox Publishing books contain reference information about the IDE object. The "Excel 2000 VBA Programmer's Reference" does and it is what 1st introduced me the IDE object. I don't have my copy handy ( it is packed ...

Automatic "code-pattern" recognition, in DSP codes
Hi I am researching in compilers and source to source code transformations, for Digital Signal Processors, in particular with the Texas Instruments Code Composer Studio 2.2 for the 55x family. I was wondering if somebody has ever heard about something like "automatic typical DSP-like kernel recognition", for example, as the compiler reads the program and sets up the data and control graphs, recognise that for(i=0, acc = 0; i < N; i++) { acc = h[n] * X[N-n]; } can be a FIR filter, that may be substituted as a whole by a fir() library function call, most optimised. Can be also understood as pattern-search in the code control/data graphs? So far I have been doing search for the subject, but found nothing, so any help, comment, or pointed direction will be much appreciated. -- ------------------------------------- Miguel Cas�s-S�nchez Room C0.07, Physics Building Department of Computer Science, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland. Tel: +353 1 716 2513 Fax: +353 1 269 7262 Email: miguel.casassanchez_at_ucd.ie Web page: gauss.depeca.uah.es/~mcasas =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Miguel_Cas=E1s-S=E1nchez?= <Miguel.CasasSanchez@ucd.ie> wrote: >I am researching in compilers and source to source code transformations, >for Digital Signal Processors, in particular with the Texas Instruments >Code Composer Studio 2.2 for the 55x family. > >I was wondering if somebody has ever heard about something like >"automatic typical DSP-lik...

Conversion from a MATLAB code to a C code used by a DSP processor
Hello, I need to implement image processing in a Digital Signal Processor. I have a code ready in MATLAB, I have tried using MATLAB Coder, but its unable to go past the first line: the imread() function. I have installed the C compiler from MATLAB and that is all. How do I go about the whole of the conversion process? Do I need to install something else? ...

how to use assembly code inside the C code for tigersharc dsp
hi friends, can someone pls tell me how to use the assembly code for tigersharc dsp i between C code? This message was sent using the Comp.DSP web interface o www.DSPRelated.com mmonica wrote: > hi friends, > can someone pls tell me how to use the assembly code for tigersharc dsp in > between C code? > > Every tool does this differently. Read your manual. You will probably want to have a good idea of what assembly the compiler generates for a given chunk of C. -- Tim Wescott Wescott Design Services http://www.wescottdesign.com Tim Wescott wrote: > mmonica wrot...

Virtual Key Codes, Scan Codes and ASCII Codes in C
Not sure if this is the right board but it is in c... I've got a console program written in c which receives key presses and gets a Windows Virtual key code. I am trying to convert it to the exact ascii value the user has typed. so if shift is down it should be a capital otherwise lower case etc. I started with this: void printKey(int key) { printf("Key: %c\n", key); } and I got all upper case (not really suprising) so then after a bit of research and grafting I came up with this: int vk2ascii(unsigned int vk, int *s) { int scan; unsigned char state[256]; HKL layout=GetK...

M code into programming C code or MATLAB programming code
hallo firends, Can any body help me write this below code into MATLAB object oriented or C code form please? M=50; % total number of periods. (choose for 1s duration) f0 = 50; % fundamental AC frequency T0 = 1/f0; %fundamental AC period T = M*T0; %Time for M periods (integer M) N=30; % sample points per period. dt = T0/N; % Sample at N points per period (integer N > 20) t = dt*[1:M*N-1]; % Sampling time array A0=120/2; % amplitude of AC signal. Divide by 2 or maybe sqrt (2) ? AC=A0*sin(f0*t*2*pi); % create AC signal. DC0=50; % DC amplitude DC=DC0*ones(1,length...

Help for implementing FEC codes like Tornado codes & Online codes
Hi all, I am trying to develop a file transfer application which can transfer files over high latency networks such as WAN with minimum time consumption and maximum throughput. I am studying FEC codes such as (Online Codes and Tornado Codes) for implementing that. Due to lack of descriptive documentation I have not been able to reach some conclusive point from where I can implement this. Can anybody out there help me out in this case by giving some hyperlinks or documentation from where I can get some code extracts or extensive help regarding implementing these algo's. Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated. Thanx in advance, Tarandeep Singh Tarandeep wrote: > > (Online Codes and Tornado Codes) for implementing that. Due to lack of > descriptive documentation I have not been able to reach some Hi, Start with LDPC codes. Gallager's thesis is available in the web. Google has links to all these docs (and more). -- Ramakrishnan Hi, Start with LDPC codes. Gallager's thesis is available in the web. Google has links to all these docs (and more). Sir, I am a student programmer and developing a project implementing online codes. I dont want to go into research field. can u tell me where i can get some help regarding its programmatic implementation. I shall be highly obliged. Regards, Tarandeep ...

creator codes and type codes
i just registered a couple of creator codes with apple. but their website says they don't keep track of type codes anymore. why not? isn't the whole point of that exercise to prevent conflicts? i'm pretty sure it would be unwise for me to try to claim, say, TEXT, but other than steering clear of the well-known ones, how am i to avoid trouble? i guess we'll all be moving to UTIs eventually, but i think it's a little early for that right now. In article <PM0003FB8D691809AF@remy.nashville.comcast.net>, Jøhnny Fävòrítê (it means "Wanton Sezhuan") <brunsona@newsguy.takethisout.com> wrote: > i just registered a couple of creator codes with apple. but their website > says they don't keep track of type codes anymore. why not? isn't the whole > point of that exercise to prevent conflicts? i'm pretty sure it would be > unwise for me to try to claim, say, TEXT, but other than steering clear of the > well-known ones, how am i to avoid trouble? I think the recommendation is that you use extensions, and a quick test shows that a document with both a known extension and a type code is recognized by extension. So if you provide an extension, having a type code won't change much. -Eric -- Eric Albert ejalbert@cs.stanford.edu http://outofcheese.org/ In article <PM0003FB8D691809AF@remy.nashville.comcast.net>, Jøhnny Fäv...

less code best code
From my experience I found out that in many cases you can replace tones of code using the correct data structure. Instead of fighting to "search" for answers with Perl you can simple provide them. Perl is great and I love it, it should be on any educational program ! "George Mpouras" <nospam.gravitalsun.extraantispam@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote: >From my experience I found out that in many cases you can replace tones of >code using the correct data structure. That is a very fundamental realization, welcome to the club. If your professor tought only algorithms instead of algorithms and data structures then you may want to ask for you money back. Actually I think it would be difficult to talk about non-trivial algorithms without talking about data structures. And when solving non-trivial problems discussing and designing data structures usually takes much more time than designing the algorithms. > Instead of fighting to "search" for >answers with Perl you can simple provide them. If you are talking about complex data structures then any programming language (well, maybe except assembler) provides means to construct those. Granted, some languages have more convenient support than others and Perl's support isn't bad at all. But it is by no means above and beyond other modern languages, either. jue Quoth J�rgen Exner <jurgenex@hotmail.com>: > > That is a very funda...

From wide coded to long coded?
As a student not having much experience with SPSS, I'm having trouble transforming wide-coded data to long-coded data. My dataset consists of 4900 households responding to the question whether the sick person in the illness episode was male or female. This question is repeated for 10 illness episodes. I therefore have the gender-info in wide code, but since I need the gender info for a regression analysis, I need the gender-info in long code. So instead of 4900 Household ID's, I need 49.000 person ID's with the gender of each person. However, I do not have a clue how to do this. Is there anyone that can give me a tip? Kind regards, Vanessa Vanessa, I don't know if you dealing with different illnesses, but something like this code should work for you: GET FILE=origdata. SAVE OUTFILE=ill1/KEEP=houseid,illness1,sex1/RENAME=(illness1,sex1 = illness,sex). GET FILE=origdata. SAVE OUTFILE=ill2/KEEP=houseid,illness2,sex2/RENAME=(illness2,sex2 = illness,sex). GET FILE=origdata. SAVE OUTFILE=ill3/KEEP=houseid,illness3,sex3/rRENAME=(illness3,sex3 = illness,sex). (continue GET/SAVE for all 10 illnesses/illness episodes) ADD FILES FILE=ill1/FILE=ill2/fFILE=ill3/.....FILE=ill10. At this point, you will have 3 vars - HOUSEID, ILLNESS (which could be an illness code or an illness episode #), and SEX. Hope this helps!! Sue Vanessa wrote: > As a student not having much experience with SPSS, I'm having trouble &g...

SPSS code to SAS code
I have some SPSS code that I need to convert to SAS code. Since I haven't used SPSS for about 25 years, I'm less than confident that I am properly interpreting the SPSS code that I have. Is there any kind of program that translates code between the two languages, no matter how imperfectly? At least that would give me a starting point for the correct SAS code. -- Charlie Axilbund caxilbund@iasinfo.com ...

c++ code for code generation?
Hello, I'm writing a simple compiler and am thinking about writing some x86 code generation classes to let me write stuff like this: X86Code code; X86Op op; op.SetMov(EAX, EDX); code.Add(op); I've got opcode references from the FAQ, but I was hoping someone had already written something like this I could use...any ideas? many thanks, G.A. Glen Able wrote: > I've got opcode references from the FAQ, but I was hoping someone had > already written something like this I could use...any ideas? Haven't checked the FAQ, so sorry if this is redun...

P-code to M-Code
I have written quite big code in M-files and then convert it to P-code.Now I have somehow lost the m-code and have only p-file.Please i need help to convert back to M-file if possible to save my time of six month to write again m-file.Beacuse i have to change a few things. thanks In article <qthxjxzyxqii@legacy>, shahidafsar77@hotmail.com (shahid) wrote: > I have written quite big code in M-files and then convert it to > P-code.Now I have somehow lost the m-code and have only p-file.Please > i need help to convert back to M-file if possible to save my time of > six month to write again m-file.Beacuse i have to change a few things. Sorry. It cannot be done. The good news is that when I've had to re-create some code I had written and then lost for whatever reason, the second time through usually takes less time. I also end up with better code. HTH, John D'Errico -- There are no questions "?" about my real address. The best material model of a cat is another, or preferably the same, cat. A. Rosenblueth, Philosophy of Science, 1945 shahidafsar77@hotmail.com (shahid) wrote: > I have written quite big code in M-files and then convert it to > P-code. Now I have somehow lost the m-code and have only > p-file. Please i need help to convert back to M-file if possible > to save my time of six month to write again m-file. Nothing to worry about, just restore it from backup. Peter -- If I made a copy of the The Digi...

Code to seach all forms code
Dear All, I want to seach the code of all forms for a string. My code below only works for open forms. I want it to work for all forms. See *** Problem line **** Thanks, Filip *********************************************************************** Public Function SearchProjectFormsCode(ByVal strFindString As String) As String On Error GoTo errHandling Dim MyForm As Object Dim iObjectCount As Long SearchProjectFormsCode = "String '" & strFindString & "' found in formcode:" & Chr(13) For Each MyForm In CurrentProject.AllForms If FindInFormCode(MyForm.Name, strFindString) Then SearchProjectFormsCode = SearchProjectFormsCode & Chr(13) & ">" & MyForm.Name iObjectCount = iObjectCount + 1 Next MyForm SearchProjectFormsCode = SearchProjectFormsCode & Chr(13) & Chr(13) & iObjectCount & " forms cheked!" Exit Function errHandling: MsgBox Err.Number & " SearchProjectFormsCode: " & Err.Description & Chr(13) & iObjectCount End Function Function FindInFormCode(strFormName As String, strSearchText As String) As Boolean Dim mdl As Module Dim lngSLine As Long, lngSCol As Long Dim lngELine As Long, lngECol As Long Dim strLine As String, strNewLine As String Dim intChr As Integer, intBefore As Integer, _ intAfter As Integer Dim strLeft As String, strRight As String Set mdl = Forms(strFormName).Module ' *** Problem li...

Web resources about - Coding Gain: Huffman Code - comp.dsp

Huffman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Welcome - Huffman's Hot Sauce
Nice one! Welcome to Huffman's. At Huffman's we hand produce condiments that make food taste... tastier! Like our Huffman's Hot Sauce, an unashamedly ...

The Patricia Huffman Smith Museum "Remembering Columbia"
Website for the Patricia Huffman Smith Museum, "Remembering Colubmia", a museum dedicated to the memory of those who lost their lives aboard ...

Joshua Huffman (@Armchair_Psycho) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Joshua Huffman @ Armchair_Psycho ...

Flickr: Todd Huffman
Among other things I'm a huge fan of Creative Commons, and almost all my images are licensed using CC. creativecommons.org/ Pictures of mine ...

How Reddit Began (feat. Founders Steve Huffman & Alexis Ohanian) - Wizard - YouTube
The newest episode of the "Wizard" series on A TOTAL DISRUPTION, two-time Sundance-winning director Ondi Timoner's channel that takes you inside ...

Reddit co-founder Steve Huffman not proud of what site has become
Steve Huffman has some regrets about selling Reddit when he did.

Steve Huffman - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on Steve Huffman from TechWorld

'Atrocious, mobile sucks': Reddit co-founder Steve Huffman on what site has become
Steve Huffman has some regrets about selling Reddit when he did.

Reddit interim CEO Pao resigns; Huffman regains CEO title
Reddit says interim CEO Ellen Pao resigned from the company, and co-founder Steve Huffman is back as its CEO.