DOA estimation #2

i have implemented MUSIC and ESPRIT algorithm using Matlab.i want to
know what are the variations or modifications  that can be done to
these algorithms.i have studied effect of varying SNR,antenna
elements,angular separation on these algorithms.but something more is
required.
comp.dsp 20333 articles. 1 followers. allnor (8509) is leader. Post Follow

On 27 Nov, 14:29, preetigup...@gmail.com wrote:
> i have implemented MUSIC and ESPRIT algorithm using Matlab.i want to
> know what are the variations or modifications =A0that can be done to
> these algorithms.i have studied effect of varying SNR,antenna
> elements,angular separation on these algorithms.but something more is
> required.

With ESPRIT you can check the Least Means Square method
against the Total Least Squares method. With MUSIC you
can check e.g. Classical MUSIC agains Root MUSIC (I remember
having read somewhere about a Pop MUSIC variation too...)

The most interesting tests are with model mis-match scenarios.
Both these methods are designed with a non-damped unscaled
expunential signal in mind. Try them with either a damping term
or a scale term and see how well they perform. Then try and
increase the number of signals. At some point, near N/2 where
N is the number of elements in the array, you might notice
some changes in the behaviour of the methods.

Rune
0
allnor (8509)
11/27/2008 2:24:39 PM
>On 27 Nov, 14:29, preetigup...@gmail.com wrote:
>> i have implemented MUSIC and ESPRIT algorithm using Matlab.i want to
>> know what are the variations or modifications =A0that can be done to
>> these algorithms.i have studied effect of varying SNR,antenna
>> elements,angular separation on these algorithms.but something more is
>> required.
>
>With ESPRIT you can check the Least Means Square method
>against the Total Least Squares method. With MUSIC you
>can check e.g. Classical MUSIC agains Root MUSIC (I remember
>having read somewhere about a Pop MUSIC variation too...)
>
>The most interesting tests are with model mis-match scenarios.
>Both these methods are designed with a non-damped unscaled
>expunential signal in mind. Try them with either a damping term
>or a scale term and see how well they perform. Then try and
>increase the number of signals. At some point, near N/2 where
>N is the number of elements in the array, you might notice
>some changes in the behaviour of the methods.
>
>Rune

thanks for replying.i cant compare LS-ESPRIT with TLS.cant work with
existing methods.have to do some little modification in MUSIC and ESPRIT.i
am not getting your point that how to use damping term or scale term.can
you give an example that what exactly signal can i take.it will be of
help.

Preeti

On 28 Nov, 13:59, "preetigupta" <preeti_engin...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >On 27 Nov, 14:29, preetigup...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> i have implemented MUSIC and ESPRIT algorithm using Matlab.i want to
> >> know what are the variations or modifications =A0that can be done to
> >> these algorithms.i have studied effect of varying SNR,antenna
> >> elements,angular separation on these algorithms.but something more is
> >> required.
>
> >With ESPRIT you can check the Least Means Square method
> >against the Total Least Squares method. With MUSIC you
> >can check e.g. Classical MUSIC agains Root MUSIC (I remember
> >having read somewhere about a Pop MUSIC variation too...)
>
> >The most interesting tests are with model mis-match scenarios.
> >Both these methods are designed with a non-damped unscaled
> >expunential signal in mind. Try them with either a damping term
> >or a scale term and see how well they perform. Then try and
> >increase the number of signals. At some point, near N/2 where
> >N is the number of elements in the array, you might notice
> >some changes in the behaviour of the methods.
>
> >Rune
>
> thanks for replying.i cant compare LS-ESPRIT with TLS.cant work with
> existing methods.have to do some little modification in MUSIC and ESPRIT.i
> am not getting your point that how to use damping term or scale term.can
> you give an example that what exactly signal can i take.it will be of
> help.

The basic signal model for MUSIC and ESPRIT is the complex
exponential

s(x) = exp(jkx)

where k is the wavenumber you use to derive the DoA,

k = cos(phi)/c.

In the real world there will be a damping term,

s(x) = exp(jkx + ax)

and with point sources there might be scaling terms
as well, if you measure the signal close to the source

s(x) = 1/sqrt(kx) exp(jkx).

So try and model the signals with daming terms or scaling
terms, and see how well the DoA estimators perform.

- How large daming terms can they cope with?
- How close to the source can you get and still
  get good results?

And so on.

Rune

0
allnor (8509)
11/28/2008 2:00:57 PM

>> >With ESPRIT you can check the Least Means Square method
>> >against the Total Least Squares method. With MUSIC you
>> >can check e.g. Classical MUSIC agains Root MUSIC (I remember
>> >having read somewhere about a Pop MUSIC variation too...)
>>
>> >The most interesting tests are with model mis-match scenarios.
>> >Both these methods are designed with a non-damped unscaled
>> >expunential signal in mind. Try them with either a damping term
>> >or a scale term and see how well they perform. Then try and
>> >increase the number of signals. At some point, near N/2 where
>> >N is the number of elements in the array, you might notice
>> >some changes in the behaviour of the methods.
>>
>> >Rune
>>
>> thanks for replying.i cant compare LS-ESPRIT with TLS.cant work with
>> existing methods.have to do some little modification in MUSIC and
ESPRIT.i
>> am not getting your point that how to use damping term or scale
term.can
>> you give an example that what exactly signal can i take.it will be of
>> help.
>
>The basic signal model for MUSIC and ESPRIT is the complex
>exponential
>
>s(x) = exp(jkx)
>
>where k is the wavenumber you use to derive the DoA,
>
>k = cos(phi)/c.
>
>In the real world there will be a damping term,
>
>s(x) = exp(jkx + ax)
>
>and with point sources there might be scaling terms
>as well, if you measure the signal close to the source
>
>s(x) = 1/sqrt(kx) exp(jkx).
>
>So try and model the signals with daming terms or scaling
>terms, and see how well the DoA estimators perform.
>
>- How large daming terms can they cope with?
>- How close to the source can you get and still
>  get good results?
>
>And so on.
>
>Rune

Thanks for giving such valuable information.but i am facing problem.when i
add damping terms to my algorithm,then it is not giving accurate results.i
have tried both positive and negative term for damping.can u help.

Preeti

On 2 Des, 11:39, "preetigupta" <preeti_engin...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> is

> >> thanks for replying.i cant compare LS-ESPRIT with TLS.cant work with
> >> existing methods.have to do some little modification in MUSIC and
> ESPRIT.i
> >> am not getting your point that how to use damping term or scale
> term.can
> >> you give an example that what exactly signal can i take.it will be of
> >> help.
>
> >The basic signal model for MUSIC and ESPRIT is the complex
> >exponential
>
> >s(x) =3D exp(jkx)
>
> >where k is the wavenumber you use to derive the DoA,
>
> >k =3D cos(phi)/c.
>
> >In the real world there will be a damping term,
>
> >s(x) =3D exp(jkx + ax)
>
> >and with point sources there might be scaling terms
> >as well, if you measure the signal close to the source
>
> >s(x) =3D 1/sqrt(kx) exp(jkx).
>
> >So try and model the signals with daming terms or scaling
> >terms, and see how well the DoA estimators perform.
>
> >- How large daming terms can they cope with?
> >- How close to the source can you get and still
> > =A0get good results?
>
> >And so on.
>
> >Rune
>
> Thanks for giving such valuable information.but i am facing problem.when =
> add damping terms to my algorithm,then it is not giving accurate results.=
> have tried both positive and negative term for damping.can u help.

That's what the test was intended to demonstrate. There is
nothing you can do about that, other than do tests and see
how sensitive the DoA estimate is with respect to all these
terms that are not included in the sum-of-sines signal.

Rune
0
allnor (8509)

linspace(2,2,2) returns [2 2] ??
May be the help for linspace should change? It says: "LINSPACE(X1, X2, N) generates N points between X1 and X2." Notice, it says BETWEEN. But when I ask for 2 points, between 2 and 2: ---------------- EDU>> linspace(2,2,2) ans = 2 2 --------------- May be mathematically this is ok? i.e. there are infinite points between the point and itself? (on the real line), but from programming point of view, it is confusing. no? --Nasser Maybe it should say "generates N points between X1 and X2, inclusive." What did you expect to get back as an answer from issuing linspace(2,2,2)? I didn't understand your statement "there are infinite points between the point and itself?" How do you have an infinite number of points between 2 and 2? I can see an infinite number of points between 2 and something that's not itself, like 2.00000000000000001, but if they are absolutely perfectly identical how are you getting an infinite number of points? On 10/10/2010 11:16 AM, Image Analyst wrote: > Maybe it should say "generates N points between X1 and X2, inclusive." > > What did you expect to get back as an answer from issuing linspace(2,2,2)? > I was just not expecting it to "work". may be an error message. That is not the point. The point is that it did work. > I didn't understand your statement "there are infinite points between the point and it...

2 * 2 * 2 * 2 or pow(2, 4)?
Hi , I hope this isn't too trivial to ask, but I'm evaluating a polynomial that involve lots of terms like x^2y^2z^3, and although I can use the power function pow(a, b), I wonder if just writing x*x*y*y*z*z*z for example wouldn't be more efficient than pow(x, 2)*pow(y, 2)*pow(z,3). Or is it all the same? Thanks, - Olumide Olumide wrote: > I hope this isn't too trivial to ask, but I'm evaluating a polynomial > that involve lots of terms like x^2y^2z^3, and although I can use the > power function pow(a, b), I wonder if just writing x*x*y*y*z*z*z for > exam...

Estimating regression at each pixel for 2 sets of images #2
I have 100 pairs of images (as 960x960 matrices) and want to calculate a regression at each pixel so that I end up with 921600 different regression lines, each with n=100. Then I want to store the results as 3 matrices: one for the slopes, one for the intercepts, and one for the R2. I'm reading each image with hdfread. thanks for any help ...

OTM 2.2 #2
Hi all Just installed OTM on a cust pc (Win XP) Got a problem that when using the system terminal to access Meridian Mail, I am unable to exit from mail as the Cntrl ] function is not recognised. Now is this a problem with OTM or with the customers PC? Thanks Solved it. The term type was set to VT100 and not VT220 ...

VIBE 2.2 #2
About: Visual Information Broker Enterprise (VIBE) is an IDE that enables application developers to automate the design and development of infrastructure components for complex distributed cross-platform, cross-language systems applications. You can define messages and generate infrastructure support code for the IBM MQ information bus, Sybase, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and other JDBC compliant databases, XML with transformations that use tools like XSL, and J2EE. It also includes a fully functional Business Rules engine, along with a graphical programming environment. Changes: This relea...

Does 4/2/2= (4/2)/2 =1 OR = 4/(2/2)=4
I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 or 4/2/2 = 4/(2/2) = 4 On 9/11/2012 9:43 AM, sarah.englander@gmail.com wrote: > I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. > > Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 yes. At a given precedence level (and obviously two of the same operators are the same level) evaluation proceeds from LtoR. ....snip... <http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_prog/f0-40063.html#f0-38155> -- dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <k2njh1$jes$1@speranza.aioe.org>... > On 9/11/2012 9:43 AM, sarah.englander@gmail.com wrote: > > I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. > > > > Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 > > yes. At a given precedence level (and obviously two of the same > operators are the same level) evaluation proceeds from LtoR. > > ...snip... > > <http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_prog/f0-40063.html#f0-38155> > > -- There are a few thing you need to understand: 1. You need to get matlab in order to translate the simple code 2. You should define your parameters as in what is the expected output of your search based on the equations used: Is it : a) 4/2/2 b) (4/2/2) On 9/11/2012 11:13 PM, Salvinder wrote: .. > There are a few thing you need to understand: > 1. ...

Printing 2^1, 2^2, 2^3, 2^4 and 2^5
Hi, When I use a while loop, the output is: 2 4 8 16 32, as desired: <?php $c=1; while($c<=5) { $d = newpow(2, $c); print "$d "; $c++; } function newpow($base, $power) { // statements... } ?> The But when I use a for loop, the output is: 64: <?php for($c=1; $c<=5; $c++); { $d = newpow(2, $c); print "$d "; } function newpow($base, $power) { // statements... } ?> Why is this?? Many thanks, Michael mejpark wrote: > When I use a while loop, the output is: 2 4 8 16 32, as desired: [...] > The But when I use a for loop, the output is: 64: > > <?php > > for($c=1; $c<=5; $c++); Here your loop ended right at the ; After the loop comes this: > { > $d = newpow(2, $c); > print "$d "; > } Heiko -- http://portal.richler.de/ Namensportal zu Richler http://www.richler.de/ Heiko Richler: Computer - Know How! http://www.richler.info/ private Homepage On 18 Mar, 11:02, Heiko Richler <heiko-rich...@nefkom.net> wrote: > mejpark wrote: > > When I use a while loop, the output is: 2 4 8 16 32, as desired: > [...] > > The But when I use a for loop, the output is: 64: > > > <?php > > > for($c=1; $c<=5; $c++); > > Here your loop ended right at the ; > > After the loop comes this: > > > { > > $d = newpow(2, $c); > > print "$d "; > > } > > Heiko > > --http://portal.richler.d...

2 or not 2
is this a question! http://members.iinet.net.au/~moussa/Image029.jpg Should I? the in house auction is tomorrow :-/ Moussa -- The information contained in this post is copyright of the poster, and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com Il Wed, 09 Sep 2009 16:13:08 +0800, Cheers ha scritto: > is this a question! > > http://members.iinet.net.au/~moussa/Image029.jpg > > Should I? the in house auction is tomorrow :-/ > > Moussa I don't know it but it's BIG ! Do you have free space ? How much, do you think, it will cost ? Could be a nice addiction, but let's listen to someone else... On Sep 9, 4:13 am, Cheers <moussa...@hotmail.com> wrote: > http://members.iinet.net.au/~moussa/Image029.jpg Personally, I'm not that fond of Sun equipment, so I haven't paid that much attention to their offerings. My guess is that the rack is a storage array, and it appears to be on the old side, so it's likely that the total storage capacity in the array could be met or exceeded by one large SATA drive (both 1.5TB and 2.0TB 3.5-inch drives are currently available) -- at much lower noise and power levels. Of course, if you already had one of these bad boys and were just looking for an inexpensive source of spare parts, I'd say go for it. Rick Ekblaw Hi Moussa ! > is this a question! > > http://members.iinet.net.au/~moussa/Image029.jp...

estimation #2
I have some input and output data and I want to estimate output for a specific input.Would anyone tell me which toolbox in MATLAB I can use for this purpose and how I can do this estimation? > I have some input and output data and I want to estimate output for a specific input.Would anyone tell me which toolbox in MATLAB I can use for this purpose and how I can do this estimation? You need to provide more information here. Is this a 1-d problem? Is it multidimensional? Is it purely interpolation? I.e., must the prediction be perfect at the original data points? Or do you have noise that...

2 + 2 =
2 + 2 = 4. Period. The above was posted as a test. I am seeing if people in csma will start to debate the accuracy of my claims. After all, in base 3, there is no symbol "4". I am sure others can come up with ways to show I am wrong. Then, when I explain how 2 + 2 really is equal to 4, even in other bases or whatever other silliness is presented, I will be told that I am changing my claim. Someone will even go so far as to say that since I admit there is no "4" in base 3, that my argument has been refuted, and I should no longer state that 2 + 2 = 4. This has only been a test. Snit wrote: > 2 + 2 ...

DSP #2
Hi, <BR> I am working on a project of a dc-dc converter wherein we require to <BR> generate hardware implementations from z-transform equations. <BR> My fellow researchers are using system generator and simulink to <BR> generate hardware implementation from the z-transform equations on <BR> FPGAs.(that is they get differential equation in terms of z^-1, z^-2 etc. for e.g. they realize 1.8*z^-2 using a constant element, a multiplier and two Z^-1 delay elements) <p>However, I need to implement those z-transform equations on CPLDs. <BR> I wonder if i...

DOA Estimation
Hi all, I am working in Array Signal Processing. In that i need DOA estimation. So if any one had Matlab code for DOA Estimation or any one can tell how to fine DOA, it would be great help So please help me Thanks in advance chowdary, chowdarydv@yahoo.com (Chowdary) wrote in message news:<bbcefd36.0404211904.69bdc056@posting.google.com>... > Hi all, > I am working in Array Signal Processing. In that i need DOA > estimation. So if any one had Matlab code for DOA Estimation or any > one can tell how to fine DOA, it would be great help > So please help me Check out ...

estimation #2
Dear all, My question is about estimation I found in many algorithms. x(n)=b*x(n)+(1-b)*x(n-1);-----> (DCT and DFT LMS, power normalized-NLMS) and sometimes its: x(n)=b1*x(n)+(1-b1)*x(n-1) if x(n)>x(n-1); x(n)=b2*x(n)+(1-b2)*x(n-1); I'm working in echo cancellation... I want to know how derive it and the effects on my x(n) signal... References are welcome... thank you On Mar 5, 11:45=A0am, "mmoctar" <mmoc...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear all, > My question is about estimation I found in many algorithms. > x(n)=3Db*x(n)+(1-b)*x(n-1);-----> (DCT and DFT LMS, power normalized-NLMS= ) > and sometimes its: > x(n)=3Db1*x(n)+(1-b1)*x(n-1) if x(n)>x(n-1); > x(n)=3Db2*x(n)+(1-b2)*x(n-1); > > I'm working in echo cancellation... > I want to know how derive it and the effects on my x(n) signal... > References are welcome... > thank you Adaptive Filter Theory Simon Haykin: http://www.amazon.com/Adaptive-Filter-Theory-Simon-Haykin/dp/0130901261/ref= =3Dpd_bbs_1?ie=3DUTF8&s=3Dbooks&qid=3D1236274152&sr=3D8-1 ...

OSK 2.0, 2.2 and 2.3
Does anyone here have any of the versions named in the subject? I am unravelling 68K Basic I-Code, and I need to compare 2.0, 2.2 and 2.3 modules with 2.1 and 2.4 modules. There are differences between 2.1 and 2.4, and I want to know how many other differences there are between versions. Thanks in advance. Wayne Campbell ...

95 %Confidence Interval for parameters estimated using Simulink Parameter Estimation #2
How can you obtain the 95% confidence interval and other statistical measures for parameters estimated using the Simulink Parameter Estimation tool? Does the Simulink Parameter Estimation tool use functions from the Optimization Toolbox such as nlinfit, nlparci, etc to perform the parameter estimation. If so, are the outputs from these functions available in someway? Statistical measures for parameter estimates are not currently available in Simulink Parameter Estimation. Yes, it uses the functionality available from the Optimization toolbox (lsqnonin, fmincon, fminsearch). Which o...

[ANN] gettext-2.0.2, gettext_activerecord-2.0.2, gettext_rails-2.0.2
Hi, Ruby-GetText-Package-2.0.2 and the families (gettext-2.0.2, gettext_activerecord-2.0.2 and gettext_rails-2.0.2) are now available. Ruby-GetText-Package is the library/tools for message localization. * gettext - Message localization libraries and tools for all kind of apps/libs. * gettext_activerecord - ActiveRecord Localization * gettext_rails - Rails support with gettext. Changes ------- == gettext-2.0.2 * Support ruby-1.9.1 style format string such as %<foo>d. * Apply new Locale.set_app_language_tags and Locale.candidates. [Suggested by Vladimir Dobriakov] * Enhance...

Call for Papers: 2nd Workshop on Optimizations for DSP and Embedded Systems (ODES-2) #2
-- ODES: 2nd Workshop on Optimizations for DSP and Embedded Systems ================================================================ http://www.ece.vill.edu/~deepu/odes/odes.html March 21, 2004 -------------- Hayes Mansion and Conference Center, San Jose, California in conjunction with IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Code Generation and Optimization (CGO) http://www.cgo.org CALL FOR PAPERS =============== The performance requirements of digital signal processing and embedded applications are rapidly increasing, but the power and cost budgets are decreasing. Optimization plays a very important role in managing the conflicting demands. The focus of this workshop is to understand the various optimization strategies applicable to the design of DSP and embedded systems for performance, power, and cost. Topics of Interest ------------------ Topics of interest include, but are not limited to: + Algorithmic transformations and code/software optimization + Hardware and software optimizations for low-power consumption and or code density + Coprocessor and hardware accelerators + Compiler techniques and code generation for media processing + Frameworks for profiling and scheduling tasks (multiple/concurrent) on various hardware resources (single-core + hardware accel...

Urgent openings for DSP(1-2 yrs exp) ONLY FOR (1-2yrs exp) #2
We are looking for Very talented DSP engineers! Anveshan Telecom Recruitment Openings Discover the new wave in communication: Anveshan Telecom is a total telecom solution initiative from a group of renowned Indian strategists who are the path breakers in the global telecommunication and information technology business. Anveshan Telecom is now building a team of great achievers. If you are looking for a place where you can enjoy thinking, innovating and creating, and be an integral part of a revolutionary product throughout its life cycle, it's the right place for you. And, if you are co...

wxPython 2.4.2.4 segmentation fault on (Python 2.2.2 SuSE 8.2)
Hi everything runs normally but exiting demo.py or any app we get Segmentation Fault wxPython was built from sources (as per readme.1st.txt) as latest downloaded from wxPython site while building wxGTK several errors reported as could not read from makefile.in files please assist Sanjay Minni Note that we used GTK1 i.e. compiled without the GTK2 option on SuSE 8.2 Thanks Sanjay Minni ...

Tornado 2.2.1/GCC 2.96 #2
vxWorks 5.5.1/Tornado 2.2.1 is shipped with GCC 2.96. GCC 2.96 is _very_ old. The question. Short of purchasing/ugrading to the latest version of Tornado ( which I believe is shipped with GCC 3.3.4 ), has anyone tried upgrading the GCC binarys. If so what was the prognosis? forums_mp@hotmail.com wrote: > vxWorks 5.5.1/Tornado 2.2.1 is shipped with GCC 2.96. GCC 2.96 is > _very_ old. The question. Short of purchasing/ugrading to the latest > version of Tornado ( which I believe is shipped with GCC 3.3.4 ), has > anyone tried upgrading the GCC binarys. If so what was the prognosis? > Not to mention that according to the GNU project, gcc 2.96 doesn't exist. The last "official" 2.9x compiler was 2.95. > Not to mention that according to the GNU project, gcc 2.96 doesn't > exist. The last "official" 2.9x compiler was 2.95. red floyd, I suspect you've perhaps felt my pain? numeric_limits is non-existent, template support is _VERY_ poor .. I could go on but in the interest of time, I'm tempted to abandon ship. Swith to a new RTOS. Trouble is, we've already shelled out lots of dough on this. I'm tempted to upgrade the gcc binarys but I'm afraid of the consequences. forums_mp@hotmail.com wrote: >> Not to mention that according to the GNU project, gcc 2.96 doesn't >> exist. The last "official" 2.9x compiler was 2.95. > > red floyd, I suspect you've perhaps...

PS/2 and OS/2 #2
Hi ! This is, finally, *in topic* ;-) I've got too many "off topic" warnings ;-) I've got a working copy of OS/2 warp 4 (thank you, guys !). In the doc is said that minimum requirement is Pentium 100. I can put it in my 8595-ONG with TurboChip only :-( Do you have a table that summarizes PS/2 models, the OS/2 version that can be installed and sys requirements ? In other word, for example, which version can be installed on a Model 80-386 ? What is the minimum ram ? Do you ever tried OS/2 2.1 for windows ? I found a copy that was distributed with a PC magazine (CD + 2 boot floppies) On Aug 25, 7:00 am, supervinx <superv...@libero.it> wrote: > I've got a working copy of OS/2 warp 4 (thank you, guys !). > In the doc is said that minimum requirement is Pentium 100. > I can put it in my 8595-ONG with TurboChip only :-( You can run Warp 4 in "lesser" machines, I ran the original release of Warp 4 on a 9590-DLG (50MHz 80486 with 16MB of RAM) quite successfully for a long time. The Convenience Packs (re-releases with FixPaks integrated) may have increased the minimum system requirements. > Do you have a table that summarizes PS/2 models, the OS/2 version that > can be installed and sys requirements ? > In other word, for example, which version can be installed on a Model > 80-386 ? What is the minimum ram ? I wouldn't bother with anything less than OS/2 Warp Connect (which is Warp 3 plu...

ANNOUNCE TkTreeCtrl 2.2.2
TkTreeCtrl is a flexible listbox widget for Tk written in C. This release fixes a few bugs and adds a few minor features. Project homepage: http://tktreectrl.sourceforge.net/ ChangeLog: http://tktreectrl.sourceforge.net/What%27s%20New%20in%20TkTreeCtrl.html Source and Win32 binary downloads: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=69413 -- Tim Baker ...

PyDev 2.2.2 Released
Hi All, PyDev 2.2.2 has been released Details on PyDev: http://pydev.org Details on its development: http://pydev.blogspot.com Release Highlights: ------------------------------- **IPython / Interactive console** * IPython (0.10 or 0.11) is now used as the interactive console backend if PyDev can detect it in the PYTHONPATH. * While waiting for the output of a command, intermediary results are printed in the console. * ANSI color codes are supported in the interactive console. **Code Analysis** * Reporting variables that shadow builtins as warnings. * Fixed issue where __dict__ was not found. **Code completion** * Aliases have a better treatment (i.e.: unittest.assertEqual will show the proper type/parameters). * Improved support for analyzing function builtins where the return type is known (i.e.: open, str.split, etc). **Debugger** * When doing a remote debug session, if the files cannot be found in the local filesystem, PyDev will ask for files in the remote debugger. **Editor** * Files without extension that have a python shebang (e.g.: #!/usr/bin/python in the first line) are automatically opened with the PyDev editor (in the PyDev Package Explorer). **Django** * When the shell command is used in the django custom commands, PyDev no longer uses 100% cpu while it doesn't complete. **Others** * Fixed issue where the * operator was not properly formatted. *...

Freewrap6.2 and Snack 2.2
I'm done for now with that script I was working. Decided to wrap it and found that Snack is not included in Freewrap. So I thought, well, I just source the snack.tcl file. Nope, don't work either. How do I wrap my script and include snack with it? Will startkit be a better option? I am so used to Freewrap... Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Fernando Fernando Quinones wrote: > I'm done for now with that script I was working. Decided to wrap it and > found that Snack is not included in Freewrap. So I thought, well, I just > source the snack.tcl file. Nope, don't work either. How do I wrap my > script and include snack with it? Will startkit be a better option? I am > so used to Freewrap... Any help will be appreciated. > Snack is not a "pure" tcl extension, See the freewrap documentation on how to include binary extensions. I have done this a long time in the past with some success - but it was a bit tricky, but worked well. I had to provide the dll's for the binary extensions to get the executable to work on a machine without tcl installed (windows). I have since used starkit/starpack for similar things and it works OK too. Regards Paul Paul Whitfield wrote: > Fernando Quinones wrote: >> I'm done for now with that script I was working. Decided to wrap it >> and found that Snack is not included in Freewrap. So I thought, well, >> I just source the snack.tcl file. Nope, don't wor...

Web resources about - DOA estimation #2 - comp.dsp

Estimation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For the racehorse, see Estimate (horse) . For the card game, see Estimate (card game) . For the symbol, see Estimated sign . Estimation ...

→ Why are software development task estimations regularly off by a factor of 2-3?
Michael Wolfe: Let’s take a hike on the coast from San Francisco to Los Angeles to visit our friends in Newport Beach. Amazing.

Agile Estimation with the Bucket System
The “Bucket System” is a way to do estimation of large numbers of items with a small to medium sized group of people, and to do it quickly. The ...

Blind Estimation for Planning Poker
When helping people learn Planning Poker I always ask what will happen if one person plays/says their estimate before anyone else. Many people ...

Late Projects Caused By Poor Estimation and Other Red Herrings
Late Projects Caused By Poor Estimation and Other Red Herrings 12/08/2006 I've been seeing a pattern lately with Agile projects. It's not ...

Evolving Estimation Process
... yesterday. What I hope you can see from the photo is engagement of everyone in the conversation. It's quite unlike many tedious story estimation ...

Volvo Experimenting With 'Driver State Estimation' System
... announced it is experimenting with "driver sensors" to try cutting down on driver inattention while behind the wheel. The "Driver State Estimation," ...

BBC World Service poll: Why has the UK gone up in people's estimations?
People's opinions of the UK have improved markedly since 2012, according to a BBC World Service poll of more than 26,000 global citizens. BUt ...

Contract Estimation and Jarrod Saltalamacchia
Alex Skillin summarized the transactions in the catching market quite nicely; now that some of the dust has settled on the catching market, it’s ...

bad agile estimation
... Two were brilliant; two were poisonous; the rest were just flaky. A big part of the poison stems from not understanding how to do agile estimation. ...