DOA Estimation

Hi all,
   I am working in Array Signal Processing. In that i need DOA
estimation. So if any one had Matlab code for DOA Estimation or any
one can tell how to fine DOA, it would be great help
So please help me

Thanks in advance

chowdary,
0
chowdarydv (19)
4/22/2004 3:04:15 AM
comp.dsp 20333 articles. 1 followers. allnor (8509) is leader. Post Follow

chowdarydv@yahoo.com (Chowdary) wrote in message news:<bbcefd36.0404211904.69bdc056@posting.google.com>...
> Hi all,
>    I am working in Array Signal Processing. In that i need DOA
> estimation. So if any one had Matlab code for DOA Estimation or any
> one can tell how to fine DOA, it would be great help
> So please help me

Check out

van Trees: Detection, Estimation and Modulation Theory, vol IV:
    Optimum Array Processing.

No matlab code, but an OK place to start.

Rune
0
allnor (8509)
4/22/2004 10:15:36 AM
Hi.

Chowdary> Hi all, I am working in Array Signal Processing. In that i
Chowdary> need DOA estimation. So if any one had Matlab code for DOA
Chowdary> Estimation or any one can tell how to fine DOA, it would be
Chowdary> great help So please help me

The matlab code for Stoica's book on spectral estimation (including
DOA) can be found at

http://www.prenhall.com/stoica/
ftp://ftp.prenhall.com/pub/esm/electrical_and_computer_engineering.s-045/stoica/introd_spectral_analysis/

--
/Mads (http://kom.aau.dk/~mgc)
Chowdary wrote:

> Hi all,
>    I am working in Array Signal Processing. In that i need DOA
> estimation. So if any one had Matlab code for DOA Estimation or any
> one can tell how to fine DOA, it would be great help

I just finished a course on Array Signal Processing, and we used
the book from Van Trees, "Optimum Array Processing".  They do have
Matlab code and examples -- I'm pretty sure they have samples for
DOA, both for single source and for multiple source planewaves.

Not sure if they have parts of that code freely available online,
but you might want to try.  I can't find the book right now, but
do a search (check Amazon, for instance) to find out the editor's
website and check there to see if you find the samples.

HTH,

Carlos
chowdarydv@yahoo.com (Chowdary) wrote in message news:<bbcefd36.0404211904.69bdc056@posting.google.com>...
> Hi all,
>    I am working in Array Signal Processing. In that i need DOA
> estimation. So if any one had Matlab code for DOA Estimation or any
> one can tell how to fine DOA, it would be great help
> So please help me
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> chowdary,

Go go Yahoo, and search for MUSIC algorithm, and you will find
something about DOA estimation. Actually, MUSIC is one of DOA
algorithms, and many other DOA algorithms are derived from it. I think
it is a good start to learn MUSIC algorithm for DOA.

Wenzhong Liu

Chowdary wrote:
> Hi all,
>    I am working in Array Signal Processing. In that i need DOA
> estimation. So if any one had Matlab code for DOA Estimation or any
> one can tell how to fine DOA, it would be great help
> So please help me

Just search for Angle Superresolution algorithms.  There's quite a number of
them including:
MUSIC (and its many variants, including Root-MUSIC, Reduced MUSIC), Capon,
Maximum Entropy Method, Kumaresan & Tuft, Pisarenko, Recursive Suppression,
Parametric Fitting etc. etc.  I have some basic Matlab code to do some of
these if you're desperate, but it might be more constructive for you to have
a go yourself :-)

Ta,
Carlos

Chowdry,

The following is paper on adaptive array processing using
detection-guided NLMS algorithm.

http://eprint.uq.edu.au/view/person/Selvaraju,_Vigneswaran.html

Hope the paper is useful. If you can explain a bit more on what
exactly you are trying to do, I might be able to point you in the
right direction.

Vic.
0
vignes (6)
4/23/2004 4:09:08 AM
vignes@itee.uq.edu.au (vic) writes:

> The following is paper on adaptive array processing using
> detection-guided NLMS algorithm.
>
> http://eprint.uq.edu.au/view/person/Selvaraju,_Vigneswaran.html
>
> Hope the paper is useful. If you can explain a bit more on what
> exactly you are trying to do, I might be able to point you in the
> right direction.

Damn fine paper, Vic!

;-)

Ciao,

Peter K.

--
Peter J. Kootsookos

"I will ignore all ideas for new works [..], the invention of which
 has reached its limits and for whose improvement I see no further
 hope."

- Julius Frontinus, c. AD 84
0
p.kootsookos (313)
4/23/2004 6:06:00 AM
"Carlos" <carlos.sarno_REMOVE@baesystems.com> wrote in message news:<4087f687$1_1@baen1673807.greenlnk.net>...
> Chowdary wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >    I am working in Array Signal Processing. In that i need DOA
> > estimation. So if any one had Matlab code for DOA Estimation or any
> > one can tell how to fine DOA, it would be great help
> > So please help me
> >

> Just search for Angle Superresolution algorithms.  There's quite a number of
> them including:
> MUSIC (and its many variants, including Root-MUSIC, Reduced MUSIC), Capon,
> Maximum Entropy Method, Kumaresan & Tuft, Pisarenko, Recursive Suppression,
> Parametric Fitting etc. etc.  I have some basic Matlab code to do some of
> these if you're desperate, but it might be more constructive for you to have
> a go yourself :-)
>
> Ta,
> Carlos

Hi Carlos,

  I am working on DOA Estimation using High Resolution Spectral
Analysis. I already written some matlab code but it is not working
fine. So if you don't mind can you send your code so that it will help
me where i am going wrong.

ok
Thanks
Bye
chowdary
0
chowdarydv (19)
4/23/2004 1:01:51 PM
Hi all,

    Can any give me Generalized formula for Power Spectrum in Maximum
Entropy Method in DOA Estimation

Thanks in Advance

bye
chowdary.

> "Carlos" <carlos.sarno_REMOVE@baesystems.com> wrote in message news:<4087f687$1_1@baen1673807.greenlnk.net>...
> > Chowdary wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >    I am working in Array Signal Processing. In that i need DOA
> > > estimation. So if any one had Matlab code for DOA Estimation or any
> > > one can tell how to fine DOA, it would be great help
> > > So please help me
> > >

> > Just search for Angle Superresolution algorithms.  There's quite a number of
> > them including:
> > MUSIC (and its many variants, including Root-MUSIC, Reduced MUSIC), Capon,
> > Maximum Entropy Method, Kumaresan & Tuft, Pisarenko, Recursive Suppression,
> > Parametric Fitting etc. etc.  I have some basic Matlab code to do some of
> > these if you're desperate, but it might be more constructive for you to have
> > a go yourself :-)
> >
> > Ta,
> > Carlos
>
> Hi Carlos,
>
>   I am working on DOA Estimation using High Resolution Spectral
> Analysis. I already written some matlab code but it is not working
> fine. So if you don't mind can you send your code so that it will help
> me where i am going wrong.
>
> ok
> Thanks
> Bye
> chowdary
0
chowdarydv (19)
4/27/2004 3:03:39 AM
LOL ... :)

" Damn fine paper, Vic! "

peter you read my mind perfectly.

vic

p.kootsookos@remove.ieee.org (Peter J. Kootsookos) wrote in message news:<s68r7uf5iuv.fsf@mango.itee.uq.edu.au>...
> vignes@itee.uq.edu.au (vic) writes:
>
> > The following is paper on adaptive array processing using
> > detection-guided NLMS algorithm.
> >
> > http://eprint.uq.edu.au/view/person/Selvaraju,_Vigneswaran.html
> >
> > Hope the paper is useful. If you can explain a bit more on what
> > exactly you are trying to do, I might be able to point you in the
> > right direction.
>
> Damn fine paper, Vic!
>
> ;-)
>
> Ciao,
>
> Peter K.
0
vignes (6)
4/28/2004 12:05:36 AM
chowdarydv@yahoo.com (Chowdary) wrote in message news:<bbcefd36.0404211904.69bdc056@posting.google.com>...
> Hi all,
>    I am working in Array Signal Processing. In that i need DOA
> estimation. So if any one had Matlab code for DOA Estimation or any
> one can tell how to fine DOA, it would be great help
> So please help me
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> chowdary,

One of the best books I know on adaptive array processing is "Adaptive
Antennas, Concepts and Performance" by R. T. Compton, Jr.

Wideband DOA estimation
Hi, I am working on DOA estimation using super resolution methods for wideban signals, I am in need matlab code for wideband MUSIC and ESPRIT coherren and incoherrent. Your help regarding these will benifit me a lot. Thanks in advance Khan sherrykhan78 wrote: > Hi, > I am working on DOA estimation using super resolution methods for wideband > signals, I am in need matlab code for wideband MUSIC and ESPRIT coherrent > and incoherrent. First, the mentioned methods are based on the narrow-band signal model. It is not obvious how to extend such methods to the wideband situation. If your work (some thesis?) is based on such a method being available, you would have to implement it yourself. This is, at best, a highly speculative R&D area, so you don't want to depend on other people's work here. I don't have the faintest clue how the term "incoherent" is in any way relevant to the MUSIC and ESPRIT methods. The basis of these methods is that the incoming signal is coherent across the reciever array. If the signal for some reason is incoherent, these methods break down. Rune ...

DOA estimation #2
i have implemented MUSIC and ESPRIT algorithm using Matlab.i want to know what are the variations or modifications that can be done to these algorithms.i have studied effect of varying SNR,antenna elements,angular separation on these algorithms.but something more is required. On 27 Nov, 14:29, preetigup...@gmail.com wrote: > i have implemented MUSIC and ESPRIT algorithm using Matlab.i want to > know what are the variations or modifications =A0that can be done to > these algorithms.i have studied effect of varying SNR,antenna > elements,angular separation on these algorithms.but something more is > required. With ESPRIT you can check the Least Means Square method against the Total Least Squares method. With MUSIC you can check e.g. Classical MUSIC agains Root MUSIC (I remember having read somewhere about a Pop MUSIC variation too...) The most interesting tests are with model mis-match scenarios. Both these methods are designed with a non-damped unscaled expunential signal in mind. Try them with either a damping term or a scale term and see how well they perform. Then try and increase the number of signals. At some point, near N/2 where N is the number of elements in the array, you might notice some changes in the behaviour of the methods. Rune >On 27 Nov, 14:29, preetigup...@gmail.com wrote: >> i have implemented MUSIC and ESPRIT algorithm using Matlab.i want to >> know what are the variations or modifications =A0that can be done to >>...

MUSIC and DOA Estimation
Hi, In the literature, there is a common claim made that the performance of MUSIC for direction of arrival estimation (DOA) is affected when the wrong number of directional sources is assumed. There is no argument presented to support this claim, nor any references given, just the claim. I am curious what the basis for this claim is. Although there are a variety of MUSIC-like methods and a this topic can get complicated, overall, it seems pretty fair to say that when you underestimate the number of sources, it is due to the presence of sources whose signals are weak (relative to the noise floor). In this case, the error would seem to be conservative and not affect the performance of MUSIC much (since the remaining signal subspace will still span the array manifold of the sources which are counted as being present). If you were using Spectral MUSIC, you would have more noise evrs to take the projection with (which is not a bad thing) and if you were using ROOT- MUSIC, the roots of the signals counted as being present would not be affected either. If you overestimate the number of sources, this would not be a problem for Spectral MUSIC, since the signal subspace will span the subspace of the steering vectors for the sources which are actually present. The only problem I can see is with ROOT-MUSIC, where if you factor a root from a spurious source, it will affect the subsequent roots of the actual sources present. Does this reasoning sound like the justification for the claim...

Real Time DOA Estimation
Hi all, I am just wondering how one can estimate DOA in real time. what kind of data we can get in real time for estimating the DOA. If any one have that kind of data for estimating the DOA and if u like to share please send me and also give some hints how to estimate DOA. Thanks chowdary, chowdarydv@yahoo.com (Chowdary) wrote in message news:<bbcefd36.0407221142.3e1c5201@posting.google.com>... > Hi all, > > I am just wondering how one can estimate DOA in real time. what > kind of data we can get in real time for estimating the DOA. If any > one have that kind of data for estimating the DOA and if u like to > share please send me and also give some hints how to estimate DOA. You need a sensor array for doing any kind of DoA estimation. You need to know the sensor geometry to within fractions (~10%) of a wavelength, and you need to synchronize the sampling to within fractions (~10%) of a period. The cost and complexity of such a system depends on the number of sensors in your array and the sampling requirements of your signal. As for the computational requirements, you need to decide exactly what you want to do: - Track the DoA of exactly one source as function of time? - Estimate the DoAs of several sources simultaneously? - Set up a fixed number of beams? - Use one "searchlight beam" to interactively scan the sector? - Do a narrow-band search? - Do a broad-band analysis? - Work with steady-state signals? - Work with transi...

Number of sources in DOA estimation
Hi everyone, I have a question relating to direction-of-arrival (DOA) estimation for MIMO systems. When using an antenna array, would it be possible to estimate the DOA of more multipath sources than the number of antennas in the array? The DOA estimation algorithms used are those based on second-order statistics: subspace-based methods like MUSIC and maximum likelihood methods like SAGE. I would think that extracting more inputs (multipath sources) than outputs (responses of indivual antennas of the array) from a system seems doubtful. However, you can tell SAGE for example to extract a number of DOAs that is greater than the number of antenna sensors. I wonder if it would be reliable to do that? Thank you very much for your replies. Greetings, Emmeric On Dec 16, 10:31 am, Emmeric <emmeric.tan...@intec.ugent.be> wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I have a question relating to direction-of-arrival (DOA) estimation > for MIMO systems. When using an antenna array, would it be possible to > estimate the DOA of more multipath sources than the number of antennas > in the array? The DOA estimation algorithms used are those based on > second-order statistics: subspace-based methods like MUSIC and maximum > likelihood methods like SAGE. > > I would think that extracting more inputs (multipath sources) than > outputs (responses of indivual antennas of the array) from a system > seems doubtful. However, you can tell SAGE for example to extract a &g...

Latest Techniques in DOA Estimation
Hi all, I am working on Array Signal Processing. can any one tell me the latest techniques in DOA Estimation other that MUSIC, Capon etc. I would be thankful for your help Thanks chowdary chowdarydv@yahoo.com (Chowdary) wrote in message news:<bbcefd36.0407131750.2ee39384@posting.google.com>... > Hi all, > > I am working on Array Signal Processing. can any one tell me the > latest techniques in DOA Estimation other that MUSIC, Capon etc. > > I would be thankful for your help > > > Thanks > chowdary I went to www.ieee.org/ieeexplore and entered the search DoA <or> DOA <or> "Direction of Arrival" as "index term", limiting the search to IEEE Journals. Some 770 articles were found. I am sure a similar search will produce the information you are looking for. Rune ...

MATLAB code for DOA Estimation
Hi, Am new to MATLAB. Does anyone have sample code for Direction of Arrival Estimation using the Delay and Sum Beamformer? Shane ...

DOA estimation of Multiple scattered sources
Hi People, I am working on DOA estimation, now i have to estimate the DOA of single or Multiple Scattered Sources, now i didn't understand how will be my signal look for which i have to estimate the DOA. So if any body done this work before please give me suggestions how the signal will and how i should genrate it and other considerations that i need to look while estimating the DOA for Single or Multiple Scattered Sources. Thanks in Advance bye Chowdary. chowdarydv@yahoo.com (Chowdary) wrote in message news:<bbcefd36.0408050735.2365c8ef@posting.google.com>... > Hi People, > > I am working on DOA estimation, now i have to > estimate the DOA of single or Multiple Scattered > Sources, now i didn't understand how will be my signal > look for which i have to estimate the DOA. > So if any body done this work before please give me > suggestions how the signal will and how i should > genrate it and other considerations that i need to > look while estimating the DOA for Single or Multiple > Scattered Sources. > > Thanks in Advance > > bye > Chowdary. You certainly need to learn the basics. You have been posting variations of this theme for a couple of months now, with little apparent progress. May I suggest a task program along the lines of 1) Learn the physics of wave propagation: - Find an expression for plane wave propagation - What parameters appear in the expression of a wave propagating ...

Time Delay between signals in DOA Estimation
Hi all, I am working on the problem of DOA estimation. I have two signals whose angle should be estimated. can any one tell me how to introduce time delay between the two signals. if any had matlab code for this that would be great. Thanks chowdary. chowdarydv@yahoo.com (Chowdary) wrote in message news:<bbcefd36.0406220925.7b797eaf@posting.google.com>... > Hi all, > > I am working on the problem of DOA estimation. I have two signals > whose angle should be estimated. can any one tell me how to introduce > time delay between the two signals. if any had matlab code for this > that would be great. > > Thanks > chowdary. It would perhaps be a good start to think your problem through once more before attempting a solution. If you already have the two signals, why do you want to introduce a time delay between them? Or are you going to model test data in the first hand? Once you have these issues clear to you, it will not take you much more than 15 minutes to write up your own rudimentary matlab DoA code for narrow-band data. Rune ...

Mean Square Error in DOA Estimation
Hi all, I got strucked in calculating the Mean Square Error(MSE) in the DOA Estimation. Can any one explain me or if you have please send me the matlab code how to plot MSE for differnt SNR's and if you have any other matlab code to show the performance of DOA Estimation, Please Please send it to me. Thanks in advance Chow. chow wrote: > Hi all, > > I got strucked in calculating the Mean Square Error(MSE) in the DOA > Estimation. Can any one explain me or if you have please send me the > matlab code how to plot MSE for differnt SNR's and if you have any > other matlab code to show the performance of DOA Estimation Try to get hold of van Trees' "Detection, estimation and modulation" vol IV, Optimum Array Processing. There are lots of such plots in that book. Now, computing the MSE only works with simulated data. You need to know the true DoA, and then compare that to the estimated DoA. The comparision gives an error, and from there computing the MSE of different DoA estimators or SNRs is straight-forward. Rune Rune Allnor wrote: > chow wrote: > >>Hi all, >> >>I got strucked in calculating the Mean Square Error(MSE) in the DOA >>Estimation. Can any one explain me or if you have please send me the >>matlab code how to plot MSE for differnt SNR's and if you have any >>other matlab code to show the performance of DOA Estimation > > > Try to get hold of van Trees' "...

Problem in MUSIC Algorithm for DOA Estimation
Hi all......... I want to find out angle of arrival using planer antenna array for radar (Digital Monopulse) application. For concept development, first i make 2x2 planer array, and try to find out direction of arrival of sources, further i need to make null at the direction of interference. which algorithm is better for that???? or MUSIC algorithm is suitable for that???? I try to use MUSIC algorithm for DOA application, and write codes in MATLAB for 1D MUSIC. these codes gives DOA, but have some problem; (i take linear array of 10 elements, f = 1GHz and sampling frequency Fs = 5GHz) 1) the resolution is not as good as written in literature. 2) if i take no of signal > 2 then it able to find out DOA but Estimation of no. of signal is only 2 (it gives M - H (no of multiplicity of minimun eigen values) is only 1 or 2 for all the cases). I think some problem in signal(X(t)=AS + N), which i take as; Xn = Sin (wt + k d Sin(thetha))* exp (-j*(n-1)k d Sin(thetha)) Matlab codes for that is given below; for k=1:samples % no of time instants for i=1:M % no of elements for ns=1:D % no of incoming signals S1(i,k)=S1(i,k)+ sin(2*pi*f*k/Fs + 2*pi*sin(theta(ns))/dfactor)* exp(-j*(i-1)*2*pi*sin(theta(ns))/dfactor); end end end X = awgn(S1,20); % Add white Gaussian noise to signal (M x sampless) can any one give ur valuable suggations. THANKS. On 18 Sep, 14:55, "amit00" <getamitshu...@rediffmail.com...

Range and DOA estimation of Broadband Nearfield Sources
Hello All, I am currently working on Range and DOA estimation of broadband near field sources.If you could suggest a method which can estimate both range and doa of nearfield sources it would be great. If you happened to have a MATLAB code which can do this, its even great. I have a working MATLAB code for doa estimation of farfield broadband sources but when I modify that code for nearfield sources by including range , it gives me wrong values of range. So could you please help me with this problem. Thank you, Satish In the near field, there is no such things as range and DOA. You have to solve the system of equations for exact position of the source. VLV satish1284 wrote: > Hello All, > > I am currently working on Range and DOA estimation of broadband near field > sources.If you could suggest a method which can estimate both range and doa > of nearfield sources it would be great. If you happened to have a MATLAB > code which can do this, its even great. I have a working MATLAB code for > doa estimation of farfield broadband sources but when I modify that code > for nearfield sources by including range , it gives me wrong values of > range. So could you please help me with this problem. > > Thank you, > Satish > > On Nov 9, 10:26=A0am, "satish1284" <csatishred...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello All, > > I am currently working on Range and DOA estimation of broadband near fiel= d > sources.If yo...

Numerical Solution to MUSIC and MVDR DOA estimator?
As we know, ESPRIT is a Direction-of-Arrival finding method which can provide us a close-form solution, i.e. the source bearing is calculated directly by this method. However, for MUSIC and MVDR methods, they have no close-form solution. The source bearing is determined by searching for the peaks in the spatial spectrum plot. It is difficult especially when two or more sources are present. We need to find the bearings corresponding to local maximum peaks. My question is how to get a numerical solution to these two DOA methods. It should be a peak detection problem. Is there any other easier approach? Thanks! waters@starhub.net.sg (Yan.L) wrote in message news:<df850db4.0407080834.6d570aa3@posting.google.com>... > As we know, ESPRIT is a Direction-of-Arrival finding method which can > provide us a close-form solution, i.e. the source bearing is > calculated directly by this method. > > However, for MUSIC and MVDR methods, they have no close-form solution. > The source bearing is determined by searching for the peaks in the > spatial spectrum plot. It is difficult especially when two or more > sources are present. We need to find the bearings corresponding to > local maximum peaks. My question is how to get a numerical solution to > these two DOA methods. It should be a peak detection problem. Is there > any other easier approach? > > Thanks! I don't remember off the top of my head what MVDR is, but what MUSIC is concerned...

Root Mean Square Error in DOA Estimation
Hi all, Can any explain me how i can calculate the Root Mean Square Error in DOA Estimation Problem? or give me the expression for Root Mean Square Error in DOA Estimation Problem. Thanks Chow. chowdarydv@yahoo.com (Chowdary) wrote in message news:<bbcefd36.0411081449.12103df9@posting.google.com>... > Hi all, > > Can any explain me how i can calculate the Root Mean Square Error > in DOA Estimation Problem? or give me the expression for Root Mean > Square Error in DOA Estimation Problem. You need the true DoA and the estimated DoA. The difference between the two is the error, and based on that you can use the usual formulas you'll find in any basic text on statistics. Rune ...

Time estimation for first steps in DSP programming
Hello, Could somebody give me a rough estimation of time needed for experienced Windows/C++/Math programmer to start efficiently developing applications on a Digital Signal Processor platform (TMS320C6xxx, CodeComposer, DSK development board)? I know that it is very difficult to give some general estimation, so please feel free to share with me any comments, experiences or even wild guesses you have. Which possible problems should be concerned during this process? Thanks, Goran Obradovic gorano@t-online.de (Goran Obradovic) writes: > Hello, > > Could somebody give me a rough estimation of time needed for > experienced Windows/C++/Math programmer to start efficiently > developing applications on a Digital Signal Processor platform > (TMS320C6xxx, CodeComposer, DSK development board)? I know that it is > very difficult to give some general estimation, so please feel free to > share with me any comments, experiences or even wild guesses you have. > Which possible problems should be concerned during this process? Hi Goran, I don't know how much time these will take, but here are some areas I could predict as time-consumers: 1. You didn't mention if you're programming it in C or assembly. Learning assembly language is not a small task. 2. Learning the processor hardware, e.g., things like interrupt vector locations, flag registers (does the 6x have ST0/ST1/PMST?), the memory layout, the stack hardware, etc. 3. (and this is a big one...

DOA Estimation using Planar Arrays and Circular arrays
Hi all, Can any one give me an idea how to estimate DOA using planar and circular arrays, i did with the linear arrays, atleast give me an idea how will be the signal model. Thanks Chowdary. "Chowdary" <chowdarydv@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:bbcefd36.0410061935.39429c62@posting.google.com... > Hi all, > > Can any one give me an idea how to estimate DOA using planar and > circular arrays, i did with the linear arrays, atleast give me an > idea how will be the signal model. > > Thanks > Chowdary. Hi Chowdary - if you've already done it with linear arrays then you can do exactly the same thing with planar arrays , just treat two orthogonal directions in your plane independently and remember that your linear array didn't have to be equally spaced equally weighted identical elements. After that you can look at some different ways of transforming your co-ordinate systems to make the maths simpler if you really need to. Best of luck - Mike ...

How to generate 2 exponential or sinusoidal signals with phase in DOA estimation
Hi all, I am working in Array Processing for DOA Estimation. Can any give me suggestion how to generate 2 exponential or sinusoidal signals with phase for DOA Estimation.Both should have same frequency but with different time delay if possible. If any one had matlab code for this that would be a great help. Thanks Chowdary, ...

How to generate 2 exponential or sinusoidal signals with phase in DOA estimation #2
Hi all, I am working on Array Signal Processing in the area of DOA estimation. for this i want to know how to generate 2 exponential or sinusoidal signals with phase, both signals having same frequency but with differnt time delay if possible. If any one can give matlab code for this that would be a great help. Thanks Chowdary. Chowdary wrote: > Hi all, > > I am working on Array Signal Processing in the area of DOA > estimation. for this i want to know how to generate 2 exponential or > sinusoidal signals with phase, both signals having same frequency but > with differnt time delay if possible. > > If any one can give matlab code for this that would be a great help. > > Thanks > Chowdary. We've been here before. How can a sinusoid not have a phase? Please describe what you want to accomplish. Jerry -- Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get. ����������������������������������������������������������������������� ...

Matrix Pencil for DOA estimation using Uniform Circular Arrays(UCA)
I want to estimate DOA using Matrix Pencil method. Here, I use UCA antenna with signal model as: A=exp(j*k*R*cos(theta-2*pi*m/N); m=0,...N-1; k=2*pi/lambda; R: Radius ; theta: angle of arrival. After finding eigenvalues of Matrix Pencil is z. Please help me calculate theta from z. Thanks all! P/s: If I use ULA antenna with signal model as: A=exp(j*k*d*m*cos(theta); m=0,...N-1; d is distance of two nearest elements. I can calculate theta=cos^-1 {Im(ln(z)) /kd}. ...

Dsp
To do well dsp what areas of math I must know well, and also what dsp starter kit for learning you would recommend me? Dave Dave wrote: > To do well dsp what areas of math I must know well, and also what dsp > starter kit for learning you would recommend me? > > Dave > Try this page: www.dspguru.com And check out the beginner books section. Rick Lyons' book is an excellent place to start. R I recommend following Math area: Probability , statistics, random theory DSP kit: ADSP 2181, SHARC, TMS 320C54xx ArunKumar "Dave" <davecle@SoftHome.net> wr...

Lectures on channel estimation, frequency estimation?
Hi, there: I am looking for some materials explaining concepts like channel estimation, frequency estimation, multipath estimation, etc. Some explanation on popular algorithms are nice too. I am studying some OFDM based modem designs. Thanks [cross-posting snipped] Frank wrote: > Hi, there: > > I am looking for some materials explaining concepts like channel estimation, > frequency > estimation, multipath estimation, etc. Some explanation on popular > algorithms are nice > too. I am studying some OFDM based modem designs. > > Thanks You're way off-topic i...

/dev/dsp... how to target different dsp ?
i'm using xmms... and after doing a cvsup/rebuild from (8.0-release) to: FreeBSD elhdt.hoe 8.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 8.1-PRERELEASE #3: Sat Jun 12 15:39:04 PDT 2010 root@elhdt:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386 xmms nolonger works... and i think that problem is that 8.1-pre- release can now see additional sound devices that weren't seen before... my problem, is how do i get xmms working again (i think, rebind the /dev/dsp device?) how to bind /dev/dsp to a different beast.... elhdt# ls -l /dev/dsp crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 0, 117 Jun 18 13:07 /dev/dsp elhdt# ls -l /dev/dsp* crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 0, 111 Jun 17 15:41 /dev/dsp0.0 crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 0, 117 Jun 18 13:07 /dev/dsp0.1 crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 0, 90 Jun 17 15:41 /dev/dsp1.0 crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 0, 89 Jun 17 15:41 /dev/dsp2.0 crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 0, 88 Jun 17 15:41 /dev/dsp3.0 crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 0, 87 Jun 17 15:41 /dev/dsp4.0 hmm... clearly, devfs is synthesizing the response to the stat for /dev/dsp by the first ls -l, and the second shows that /dev/dsp is not really there, (the shell expansion of '*' doesn't see it) - so /dev/dsp is probably some sort of artificial virtual object synthesized by devfs. my problem is this. i want to bind to the dsp3.0 (pcm3) equivalent device, and not the pcm equivalent device (i think). how can i do this ? any help or suggestions would be appreciated! elh...

spectral estimation by Blackman-Tukey estimator
hello all; how can estimate a random signal by Blackman-Tukey estimator in MATLAB? Thanks. ...

M-estimators/robust estimators in IDL
Ok, so shifting from my barrage of "how do I" IDL questions to a loftier one, is anyone aware of any IDL functions/procedures that can calculate M-estimators (robust estimations)? In particular, I'm looking for the tanh estimator. Thanks! --j ...

Web resources about - DOA Estimation - comp.dsp

Estimation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For the racehorse, see Estimate (horse) . For the card game, see Estimate (card game) . For the symbol, see Estimated sign . Estimation ...

→ Why are software development task estimations regularly off by a factor of 2-3?
Michael Wolfe: Let’s take a hike on the coast from San Francisco to Los Angeles to visit our friends in Newport Beach. Amazing.

Agile Estimation with the Bucket System
The “Bucket System” is a way to do estimation of large numbers of items with a small to medium sized group of people, and to do it quickly. The ...

Blind Estimation for Planning Poker
When helping people learn Planning Poker I always ask what will happen if one person plays/says their estimate before anyone else. Many people ...

Late Projects Caused By Poor Estimation and Other Red Herrings
Late Projects Caused By Poor Estimation and Other Red Herrings 12/08/2006 I've been seeing a pattern lately with Agile projects. It's not ...

Evolving Estimation Process
... yesterday. What I hope you can see from the photo is engagement of everyone in the conversation. It's quite unlike many tedious story estimation ...

Volvo Experimenting With 'Driver State Estimation' System
... announced it is experimenting with "driver sensors" to try cutting down on driver inattention while behind the wheel. The "Driver State Estimation," ...

BBC World Service poll: Why has the UK gone up in people's estimations?
People's opinions of the UK have improved markedly since 2012, according to a BBC World Service poll of more than 26,000 global citizens. BUt ...

Contract Estimation and Jarrod Saltalamacchia
Alex Skillin summarized the transactions in the catching market quite nicely; now that some of the dust has settled on the catching market, it’s ...

bad agile estimation
... Two were brilliant; two were poisonous; the rest were just flaky. A big part of the poison stems from not understanding how to do agile estimation. ...