DVB-H OFDM matlab Question

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hello
I am working on simulating DVB-H 4k mode according to ETSI standard
According to the standard i am populating 3024 data carriers with QPSK.
am trying to validate the simulation by measuring the BER before Vit&R
decoding and comparing to standard Eb/No qpsk curves. The problem is tha
I am using the MATLAB AWGN function with SNR from 0to12dB and the fla
'measured'. I would like to know how to translate this to Eb/No so I ca
compare to the known QPSK theoretical curves, or if there is a better wa
to validate the simulation.
Thank you.
Idan

0
Reply idan.langberg (3) 3/13/2007 1:14:30 PM

See related articles to this posting
comp.dsp 19726 articles. 22 followers. Post

[Matlab Question] Converting H(s) to H(z) using derivative approximation?
Hi All, I been having some issue with my lab work. I'm supposed to do : Transfer function H(s): 1 -------------------------------------------- s^4 + 2.613 s^3 + 3.414 s^2 + 2.613 s + 1 Convert H(s) into a digital IIR filterH(z)using the derivative approximation method for the following three cases: T=0.05, T=0.25 and T=0.5. The problem is, I unable to use Matlab to convert the transfer function from s to z, when s = (1 - z^-1) / T. Matlab can only accept variable (z^-1) Not sure why, and when i see the calculation part, the maths is so ...

Matlab toolboxes for dvb-h
Hi all, iam happy to be here. I know this site is providing a lot of information for a students like me. Actually iam working on dvb-h simulation but before installing it i would like to know "particularly which matlab tool boxes" are needed by the dvb-h system. Iam wondering about the concerned tool boxes for dvb-h technology physical link layer simulation Waiting for the answer "vasu.kallempudi@gmail.com". Thank u all. "sreenivasa kallempudi" <kallempudi.vasu@gmail.com> wrote in message <hqqq3h$2f7$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi all, iam happy t...

DVB-H FEC decoder question ...
Hello, I was looking at the DVB-H standard which has a serially concatenated encoding with Reed Solomon code (RS(204,188, t=8) from RS(255,239, t=8) ) as the outer code and Convolution code (K=7) as the inner code. At the receiver, I can think of at least four decoding options, 1. Viterbi followed by RS decoder. 2. MAP (BCJR) followed by RS decoder. 3. MAP followed by soft input RS decoder. 4. Having an iterative decoding with MAP and SISO RS as the component codes. I need to answer two questions before I select the decoder. 1. Complexity (DVB-H will be sitting in a handheld device which mak...

Question on Symbol Interleaving in DVB-H
If you are familiar with DVB-T standard, here is an excerpt from DVB-T standard on symbol interleaving: The interleaved vector Y = (y0, y1, y2, ...yNmax-1) is defined by: yH(q) = y'q for even symbols for q = 0, ..., Nmax-1 yq = y'H(q) for odd symbols for q = 0, ..., Nmax-1 where Nmax = 1 512 in the 2K mode and Nmax = 6 048 in the 8K mode. Do the words "even" and "odd" refer to index locations or they are referring to the values of symbols (even valued or odd valued)? Regards, Sastry >If you are familiar with DVB-T standard, here is an excerpt from DVB-T &g...

MMSE channel estimation in DVB-H ofdm
Hi all!! I am performing LS & MMSE channel estimation in an OFDM syste with the DVB-H parameters, where the pilots are not equally spaced as th case with WIMAX. I am facing a severe problem as the BER of both MMSE an LS are identical. I am sure that the LS is correct and that the problem i with MMSE. I've tried everything to make a difference between them. Th only successful attempt was to increase the variance to 100 which i absolutely wrong as it shouldn't exceed 1. Could the problem be with th DVB-H parameters or is there something i'm probably performing incorrectly Plea...

Question on Symbol Interleaving in DVB-T/H
Hello! I can not figure out the way, how data symbols are mapped onto carrier after interleaving. In the clause 4.3.4.2 symbol interleaving is defined with permutatio function H(q). For even symbols yH(q) = y'q, q = 0..1512 (2K mode). Th very first sentence of the clause says: The purpose of the symbol interleaver is to map v bit words onto the 1 51 (2K mode) or 6 048 (8K mode) active carriers per OFDM symbol. Later, it the Annex C there is a table of interleaving example. My poin is that permutation finction itself does not profide information, require to perform mapping of symbols on...

A few questions on MPE-FEC and outer interleaver in DVB-H.
Hello, there I am studying DVB-H and have these questions. Hope any of you could throw some light on them. 1) If MPE-FEC is used, the receiver would need two RS decoders, RS1(255,191,64) and RS2(204, 188). The result of RS1 is scrambled and fed to RS2. Is my understanding right? 2) With Time Slicing. how is boundary of two adjacent bursts is treated in the outer-interleaver? Will the data at the boundaries of two bursts get mixed up? One receiver only takes one of the burst. how can it sort out the interfering data from adjacent bursts? I didn't find any clause in EN.301.192 indicating...

A few questions on MPE-FEC and outer interleaver in DVB-H. #2
Hello, there I am studying DVB-H and have these questions. Hope any of you could throw some light on them. 1) If MPE-FEC is used, the receiver would need two RS decoders, RS1(255,191,64) and RS2(204, 188). The result of RS1 is scrambled and fed to RS2. Is my understanding right? 2) With Time Slicing. how is boundary of two adjacent bursts is treated in the outer-interleaver? Will the data at the boundaries of two bursts get mixed up? One receiver only takes one of the burst. how can it sort out the interfering data from adjacent bursts? I didn't find any clause in EN.301.192 indicating...

Source code for DVB-T/H/S2, matlab and C
I am studying DVB-T/H/S2 standard, I would like to get source code for the standard codec, both matlab and C. Who can help me ? ...