DVB-H OFDM matlab Question

Hello
I am working on simulating DVB-H 4k mode according to ETSI standard
According to the standard i am populating 3024 data carriers with QPSK.
am trying to validate the simulation by measuring the BER before Vit&R
decoding and comparing to standard Eb/No qpsk curves. The problem is tha
I am using the MATLAB AWGN function with SNR from 0to12dB and the fla
'measured'. I would like to know how to translate this to Eb/No so I ca
compare to the known QPSK theoretical curves, or if there is a better wa
to validate the simulation.
Thank you.
Idan

comp.dsp 20140 articles. 0 followers. allnor (8507) is leader. Post Follow

bug in math.h
lround, round, and powl and I'm sure others to not show up in math.h. #include <math.h> using namespace std; int32_t n=lround(440*powl(2, (((double(octave)-3) * 12.0) + double(note)) / 12.0)); this is for calculating the frequency of a musical note. beep.cpp:111: error: 'powl' was not declared in this scope beep.cpp:111: error: 'lround' was not declared in this scope I looked at the source code for math.h and what it includes, and it is supposed to define these two, as does mingw-w64. using std::tr1::lround; but lround is not defined from what I ca...

Re: Simple but puzzling plotting question
On 7/4/07 at 5:43 AM, desmier.pe@forces.gc.ca (ouadad) wrote: >I simply want to plot three currency daily exchange rates, USD, GBP >and EURO, from April 1, 1990 to March 31, 2006. The problem is the >EURO. Since it only came into existence on 01 January 1999, I don't >have data going as far back as 1990. Therefore, for the Euro >column, all entries for the period April 1, 1990 to December 31, >1998 are blank. Unfortunately, this causes a partw error in >Mathematica. Does anyone know how to plot different sized datasets >on the same graph? Using ver...

swatch question
I am interested in getting swatch running on about 20 remote servers. These servers are running OpenServer 5.0.5 or 5.0.6 without a c compiler. Our local server is running the 5.0.7 Devp system and I'm able to get swatch compiled and run here so I thought I could just distribute the related perl files to the remote sites. However, my OS 5.0.7 has perl 5.0.8 and the other servers are running perl 5.0.6. I noticed while compiling and installing swatch that the local perl distribution files are modified which is scaring me off that approach. So, anyone out there got swatch to run on a sy...

matlab ==> windows or m.file ==> .exe
i looking for a way to generate a file .exe from a m.file sahraoui wrote: > > > i looking for a way to generate a file .exe from a m.file >>mcc -mv mafonction.m ...

Re: OT: Fw: 60 Minutes scandal and H-1B #4
The only time Geraldo had anything valid to say was the night John Lennon was assassinated. It is on a video tape of ABC News dated December 9, 1980 with a rather younger looking Ted Koppel... Tape ID number is MP6133 and is an MPI Home Video tape. It may be available on DVD. Don't know. Brian Donaldson. On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:22:16 -0400, Scott Keeling <keelings@SUMMACARE.COM> wrote: >On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:55:15 -0400, Michael Baier ><h_michael_baier@YAHOO.COM> wrote: > >>wondering when Geraldo and many from Fox-News resign for speculating...

US-TX-Austin: SW Test Eng., 7-10yrs exp embedded component validation X86; C-H (45347357605)
US-TX-Austin: SW Test Eng., 7-10yrs exp embedded component validation X86; C-H (45347357605) ============================================================================================ Position: SW Test Eng. Reference: SMC01998 Location: Austin TX Duration: 6mo-posible perm Skills: 7-10yrs exp in embedded component validation for the x86 server market x86 Server architecture. Direct exp with FPGA and/or ASIC validation Possess troubleshooting skills in the areas of HW/SW integration during board bring-u...

XFree86 Frequently Asked Questions #6
Archive-name: x-faq/xfree86 Posting-Frequency: monthly URL: http://www.XFree86.org/FAQ XFREE86 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ---------------------------------- This document is intended to provide answers to the questions most often received by the XFree86[tm] Project's support team (which can be reached at XFree86@XFree86.org). It is also a source of information more recent than the documentation included with the latest release. Generally, if the information is already available elsewhere, this document will s...

high-pass questions
Hi, I'm using the following process for my low-pass filter and the results are very good. I'm getting my coefficiants then convoluting against my audio samples. Now when I replace the LP coefficiants with high-pass coefficiants (cutoff of 1000Hz), there is no filtering at all. The waveforms are identical. I'm confused as to why there is good filtering with LP coefficiants and no filtering with HP coefficiants. Any ideas? Thanks! //20 tap low-pass, Rectangular, coefficiants--->800Hz, -10dB double a0 =0.02957678; double a1 =0.020629404; double a2 =-0.0037399598; double a3 =-0.0...

How to know in which matlab version an .mat file is saved?
Hi, I have a problem with .mat files. I get some data in mat format and can not open it in windows with matlab 2011b, but succeed by using matlab 2010a on a linux server. Does matlab use different mat format on linux and windows? Is there any function to get in which matlab version and in which OS an .mat file is saved? Thanks a lot ...

Re: question about creating a data subset #5
On Fri, 16 May 2008 14:15:53 -0400, Arthur Tabachneck <art297@NETSCAPE.NET> wrote: .... >proc sort data=practice_dates; > by id descending passed; >run; > >data want (drop=passed_test); > set practice_dates; > retain passed_test; > by id; > if first.id then do; > if passed eq 'Y' then passed_test=1; > else passed_test=0; > end; > if passed_test then output; >run; hi, i like this one best. very nice! it is shorter and it reads the data only once! cheers, chang ...

$45us/pc H.I.D Conversion Kit
Get $5us if you register on www.housinghouse.com Get $5us if you register on housinghouse.com that is professional in auto area, like HID. ...

A question about local variable
I want to create a local variable for a boolean button ('Stop'), and use the local variable as a condition of a while loop. But then the labview will send me an error message saying that "Boolean 'stop': boolean latch action is incompatible with local variables". So what should I do if I want to control two while loop with one boolean? Many thanks!! You can also use a functional global such as the one attached.&nbsp; You write a value to the functional global in one loop and read from it in the other loop.&nbsp; This is also good because it allows you to use ...

REQ: Question on customizing Microsoft Access Toolbars
Is there a quick way to simultaneously set the properties of ALL Access toolbars the same, e.g. set it to: - "No Horizontal", - deselect "Allow Moving", - etc.? For example, is there an ascii file, something like an .ini file that I can quicly edit and set everything the way I want? Thanks for any help. ...

arrays, indices, and enumeration (newbie question)
Hi all, I am learning objective C and wondered if objects called via NSEnumerator "know" their index? Here is some example code where I test each object in an array for a condition and wish to record the index of elements that meet it. Are there any methods in NSArray or NSEnumerator that I could use to get the index of elements that match the condition? (I realize that I can just increment a counter int through the loop to get the index value, but was curious if there was another way as well). Thanks for any help! Michael NSEnumerator *enumerator = [paramArray...

Tcl and C question
Hi, just for beginning my computer: Linux linux02 2.4.21-99-athlon #1 Wed Sep 24 13:34:32 UTC 2003 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux I have a double to string question. my HUGE_VAL is defined in the include-file /usr/include/bits/huge_val.h sourced by math.h . I want to convert this value into a string value but got only "inf" as result. After trying some tests I figure out that only the half value (0x1.0p1023) is represented correctly as string. I fought first this is on +/- issue but the definition of HUGE_VAL says +HUGE_VAL or -HUGE-VAL are valid numbers. the ...

including sys/ioctl.h with gcc 3.x under Redhat Linux 9 ?
I am trying to convert an app from C to C++ on a RedHat Linux 9 system. This C app uses the "ioctl" function from sys/ioctl.h. Now, I need to explicitly include ssys/ioctl.h in the C++ app, though gcc finds it just fine for the C application. UNFORTUNATELY, the second I include this file, I get a stream of errors indicating that gcc does not accept the file format of the ioctl.h. Is there something special I have to do to use ioctl.h in C++? I would be very grateful for any help. Thank you, Laszlo Szijarto [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/clcm.htm for info about ] ...

Matlab "Mode" Function
Hey guys, is there a Matlab command that will find the most common occurring number in a set of data/vector etc? The TABULATE function in the Statistics Toolbox can find the mode. >> help tabulate - Brian "Scott Novich" <snovich@rice.edu> wrote in message news:08wvgjfn0euv@legacy... > Hey guys, is there a Matlab command that will find the most common > occurring number in a set of data/vector etc? > ...

Re: [ace-users] a question on ACE_OS::gethostbyname on windows labtop
Hi Qing, >> I am trying to get the IP address of the machine on >> which I am running a process. My code for resolving >> the IP address is as follows >> >> char midBuf[2048]; >> >> ACE_OS::hostname( midBuf, 2048 ); >> hostent* hostInfo = ACE_OS::gethostbyname( midBuf ); >> >> This works fine on Linux. However on Windows, the call >> to gethostname hangs indefinitely. What am I doing >> wrong Let's see, where to start - well, first you're using Windows ;-). But seriously, the problem may be th...

[9fans] corrections to /sys/src/cmd/8l/l.h
At the tail end of the module there is a shorter set of "#pragma varargck"s that repeats the entries earlier in the file, disagreeing with one of them. The disagreeing entry matches the #pragma in /sys/src/cmd/vl/l.h so I'm not sure which ought to be used (or what effect the conflict has). I'd like to see these corrected; there are other differences that seem gratuitous, I won't mind tidying the whole lot up if it's deemed worth it. I have 8[acl] and v[acl] compiling error free on p9p (UBUNTU Jaunty/386 and gNewSense/MIPS respectively) although I'm not sure whe...

c.Win32_OperatingSystem question.
Maybe there's a more specific list I should ask this question on but I don't know what it is. I'm using Tim Golden's wmi stuff, and putting my output into an XML document. I have the following bit of code root = et.Element("locations") ComputerInfo = et.SubElement(root, "ComputerInfo") ComputerName = et.SubElement(ComputerInfo,"ComputerName") ComputerDomain = et.SubElement(ComputerInfo,"Domain") location = et.SubElement(root, "location") locationpath = et.SubElement(location, "l...

Port Royale Questions!
Hello! I have two questions about this excellent pirate/trading game (Port Royale): 1) Does anyone else have that cursor surrounded with black square box? Seems like non-harmfull graphical bug to me? Some other graphical bugs lalso exists (like picture of given person is not shown...) in my system. (I have upgraded PR with official patch) Have athlon1.2ghz, 256mb, geforce2mx.... 2) Sometimes at sea chart you will see a) remains of the sunken ship or b) man alone at sea waving white flaq... Is there anything you could do (gather the loot, resque poor man)? I have tried ever...

java package private access question
Hi, My program layout is like the following: within the package "com.myproject", there is a Java class "Pet" final class Pet //note "final" keyword, not public { .... } In another package "com.myproject.zoo", I found that Pet is invisible. I thought package access is designed in the following way, but I was wrong: Say these are the packages: com.myproject com.myproject.zoo com.myproject.zoo.birds Any package private stuff, like the final class Pet above, or protected method in another public class in com.myproject, should be visible to all th...

Import a picture into Matlab R2007b to be imported into Comsol 3.4
I am trying to import a picture of a cross section of a fiber optic fiber (black and white) that uses airholes to guide the light. The problem is that the airholes are not circular and cannot be easily modeled in Comsol. I have read about how to import a 3d MRI image into Matlab and then into Comsol but am just not familiar enough with the Matlab coding language to figure out what each line of code is doing. I know that the flim2curve operater is used and how to point to the saved picture but cannot figure out much beyond here. I can send the picture to you if you'd...

compat_firewall.h
Hello I have a problem, how to use function register_firewall() in file /include/linux/netfilter_ipv4/compat_firewall.h ? thanx ...

Newbie Question: Changing Wallpaper via Script
I want to have a random wallpaper on my system (XPPro), whenever I boot up. So, I wrote a Perl script which picks a bmp file at random and saves it to the file name I chose for my wallpaper. I then put this script in my startup folder to run at every bootup, so the next time I boot, I'd get a different picture. My wallaper file I chose is wallpaper_file.bmp, the script then chooses, say, pic1.bmp and then saves it as wallpaper_file.bmp. I guess I was naive about how Windows keeps track of wallpaper. This simple approach fails. The script works fine, but the system is stuck on...