DVB-H OFDM matlab Question

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hello
I am working on simulating DVB-H 4k mode according to ETSI standard
According to the standard i am populating 3024 data carriers with QPSK.
am trying to validate the simulation by measuring the BER before Vit&R
decoding and comparing to standard Eb/No qpsk curves. The problem is tha
I am using the MATLAB AWGN function with SNR from 0to12dB and the fla
'measured'. I would like to know how to translate this to Eb/No so I ca
compare to the known QPSK theoretical curves, or if there is a better wa
to validate the simulation.
Thank you.
Idan

0
Reply idan.langberg (3) 3/13/2007 1:14:30 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.dsp 19970 articles. 25 followers. Post

[Matlab Question] Converting H(s) to H(z) using derivative approximation?
Hi All, I been having some issue with my lab work. I'm supposed to do : Transfer function H(s): 1 -------------------------------------------- s^4 + 2.613 s^3 + 3.414 s^2 + 2.613 s + 1 Convert H(s) into a digital IIR filterH(z)using the derivative approximation method for the following three cases: T=0.05, T=0.25 and T=0.5. The problem is, I unable to use Matlab to convert the transfer function from s to z, when s = (1 - z^-1) / T. Matlab can only accept variable (z^-1) Not sure why, and when i see the calculation part, the maths is so ...

Matlab toolboxes for dvb-h
Hi all, iam happy to be here. I know this site is providing a lot of information for a students like me. Actually iam working on dvb-h simulation but before installing it i would like to know "particularly which matlab tool boxes" are needed by the dvb-h system. Iam wondering about the concerned tool boxes for dvb-h technology physical link layer simulation Waiting for the answer "vasu.kallempudi@gmail.com". Thank u all. "sreenivasa kallempudi" <kallempudi.vasu@gmail.com> wrote in message <hqqq3h$2f7$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi all, iam happy t...

DVB-H FEC decoder question ...
Hello, I was looking at the DVB-H standard which has a serially concatenated encoding with Reed Solomon code (RS(204,188, t=8) from RS(255,239, t=8) ) as the outer code and Convolution code (K=7) as the inner code. At the receiver, I can think of at least four decoding options, 1. Viterbi followed by RS decoder. 2. MAP (BCJR) followed by RS decoder. 3. MAP followed by soft input RS decoder. 4. Having an iterative decoding with MAP and SISO RS as the component codes. I need to answer two questions before I select the decoder. 1. Complexity (DVB-H will be sitting in a handheld device which mak...

Question on Symbol Interleaving in DVB-H
If you are familiar with DVB-T standard, here is an excerpt from DVB-T standard on symbol interleaving: The interleaved vector Y = (y0, y1, y2, ...yNmax-1) is defined by: yH(q) = y'q for even symbols for q = 0, ..., Nmax-1 yq = y'H(q) for odd symbols for q = 0, ..., Nmax-1 where Nmax = 1 512 in the 2K mode and Nmax = 6 048 in the 8K mode. Do the words "even" and "odd" refer to index locations or they are referring to the values of symbols (even valued or odd valued)? Regards, Sastry >If you are familiar with DVB-T standard, here is an excerpt from DVB-T &g...

Question on indepth Interleaving in DVB-H
accoding to the ETSI EN 300 744 "In the 2K mode, interleaved vectors shall be mapped onto four consecutiv OFDM symbols. For even interleaved vectors these shall start with symbol 0,8,16,24, etc. and for odd interleaved vectors these shall start wit symbols 4,12,20,28, etc. in every super-frame." I have an question about symbol index of 2K mode & in-depth mode. 1. 4 consecutive OFDM symbols index: 0~67,0~67,0~67,0~67. 2. 4 consecutive OFDM symbols index: 0~271. As you know, each index generate different ouput. which one is right? ...

MMSE channel estimation in DVB-H ofdm
Hi all!! I am performing LS & MMSE channel estimation in an OFDM syste with the DVB-H parameters, where the pilots are not equally spaced as th case with WIMAX. I am facing a severe problem as the BER of both MMSE an LS are identical. I am sure that the LS is correct and that the problem i with MMSE. I've tried everything to make a difference between them. Th only successful attempt was to increase the variance to 100 which i absolutely wrong as it shouldn't exceed 1. Could the problem be with th DVB-H parameters or is there something i'm probably performing incorrectly Plea...

Question on Symbol Interleaving in DVB-T/H
Hello! I can not figure out the way, how data symbols are mapped onto carrier after interleaving. In the clause 4.3.4.2 symbol interleaving is defined with permutatio function H(q). For even symbols yH(q) = y'q, q = 0..1512 (2K mode). Th very first sentence of the clause says: The purpose of the symbol interleaver is to map v bit words onto the 1 51 (2K mode) or 6 048 (8K mode) active carriers per OFDM symbol. Later, it the Annex C there is a table of interleaving example. My poin is that permutation finction itself does not profide information, require to perform mapping of symbols on...

A few questions on MPE-FEC and outer interleaver in DVB-H.
Hello, there I am studying DVB-H and have these questions. Hope any of you could throw some light on them. 1) If MPE-FEC is used, the receiver would need two RS decoders, RS1(255,191,64) and RS2(204, 188). The result of RS1 is scrambled and fed to RS2. Is my understanding right? 2) With Time Slicing. how is boundary of two adjacent bursts is treated in the outer-interleaver? Will the data at the boundaries of two bursts get mixed up? One receiver only takes one of the burst. how can it sort out the interfering data from adjacent bursts? I didn't find any clause in EN.301.192 indicating...

A few questions on MPE-FEC and outer interleaver in DVB-H. #2
Hello, there I am studying DVB-H and have these questions. Hope any of you could throw some light on them. 1) If MPE-FEC is used, the receiver would need two RS decoders, RS1(255,191,64) and RS2(204, 188). The result of RS1 is scrambled and fed to RS2. Is my understanding right? 2) With Time Slicing. how is boundary of two adjacent bursts is treated in the outer-interleaver? Will the data at the boundaries of two bursts get mixed up? One receiver only takes one of the burst. how can it sort out the interfering data from adjacent bursts? I didn't find any clause in EN.301.192 indicating...

Source code for DVB-T/H/S2, matlab and C
I am studying DVB-T/H/S2 standard, I would like to get source code for the standard codec, both matlab and C. Who can help me ? ...

How does matlab work in this issue ? a matlab principle question
Hello everyone I have an ODE solver computing the temperature every month during a year this script will do the job for j=1:12 [t,T]= ode45(@monthly_solver,tspan,Tic,[],monthly_heat(j),h2(j),); end where Tic is the intial temperature and J loops represents the months Now the question is about matlab principle and how does it work with the initial condition? i mean as the last temperature of the 1st month is the begining temperture of the 2nd month and the last temp. of the 2nd month is the begining temp. of the 3rd month and so on. Do i need to write a command to do ...

Matlab Architecture Question
I am interested in hearing ideas about the best ways to create "modules" in matlab? The goal is to have one interface, where I can easily switch routines, and have different versions of the routine run. For example, suppose I have a routine to recognize license plates. It needs to be initialized, and then on subsequent calls it needs to be run. Later one, I want to swap the license plate recognition file, with another one, and have the new one take effect. Is there an established 'best practice' for this in Matlab? - Pat [ I'm upgrading to Matlab 2009a, from 2005&...

Matlab 7.0: where is "matlab.h"??
Hi, I am currently trying to create a matlab standalone executeable. When i tried to include "matlab.h" inside my code, i got compilation saying that matlab.h is not found. May i know how i can access this library? Another question, can i convert a simulink model into a standalone form(executable...) which can be run by user without matlab software? Thanks in advance. "Darren" <webtycoon777-shier@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message news:ef199f5.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, > > I am currently trying to create a matlab standalone executeable. When > i tried...

Looking for DVB-H or DVB-T Software developer
We are looking for; Software developer with experience in designing and developing DVB-H or DVH-T software. Location : Nederland, Eindhoven Startdate : Asap Duration 12 months You can Phone me Marcel van Bezouw 0031 499 332066 or send a mail m.bezouw@force.nl The Force - IT Professionals BV www.force.nl ...

Questions, questions & more questions
Hi all, As I've got rather a lot of questions to post I thought I'd better merge a few into one post. Appreciate these have probably been asked stacks of times but research on the net has not turned up the answers. What's the quickest solution for transferring files from a PC to an Falcon/TT? I'm going to look into networking my Atari kit but that's a little way off at the moment. Is the Backwards ST emulator program still available? Would love to play some of my old favourites such as Megalomania. I know that I could use a PC emulator but somehow that...

question in matlab
I have been plotted a 3D counter plot via the commands [C,h]=contour3(w,p,green3,10); t = clabel(C,h,'labelspacing',72) get(t(1)) with run the comment in matlab recived this output: Annotation = [ (1 by 1) hg.Annotation array] BackgroundColor = none Color = [0 0 0] DisplayName = EdgeColor = none Editing = off Extent = [0 0 0 0] FontAngle = normal FontName = Helvetica FontSize = [10] FontUnits = points FontWeight = normal HorizontalAlignment = center LineStyle = - LineWidth = [0.5] Margin = [2] Position = [-0.661507 0.649385 -0.01794] Rotation = [290.824] String = -0...

Questions, Questions...
Hi! I took the routine from Gastronor.mdb: In the frmOrderDetails -> ITemID_AfterUpdate: Dim strFilter as String strFilter = "ItemID = " & Me!ItemID but it didn't work on win 2000 with access 2000. However, after playing around for a while, I found: Me!UnitPrice = ItemID.Column(2) to work just fine, even after updating prices in the tblItems. Anybody knows why? The routine in win 98/win nt in the footer of frmOrderDetails: =Sum((Price*Amount*(1-[Discount])/100)*100)) didn't either work. After testing and trying I finally discovered that =Sum(Price*Amount*Discount)...

Matlab how to question?
I am a student of engineer, and I am in a course that's call numeric calculus. I have to do a shore an I'm stuck in a question. I have to minimize the error of an aproximation and make a matlab program that do that, just receiving a few points in two dimensions. More clearly, I will receive a table with 20 points, like (x1,y1)(x2,y2)...(x20,y20), and with the method "ortogonal square minimus" (Something like that) I have to minimize the error of an aproximate polynomial. Some clues? I would apreciate a lot any help anyone may do. Thanks. jim In article <4025405.1180395885...

questions on matlab
Dear Sir My name is Tusajigwe, student from Brighton University taking MSC in Digital Electronics and Communication. Now am doing a research on Wireless Communication which concern with email alert to GSM users on their cell pohones,what i want from this project is to make GSM users to receive email alert when they have got new mail and this service will be offered by GSM operator ways of achieving 1)To establish link between ISP and SMS centre,because e-mail alert will be in the form of text message and ISP is the one who knows if someone has mail after see it ISP forward to SMS centre by us...

Question about ofdm
Dear all i am student in thesis in communication engineering department and the thesis in 4pam coded and uncoded this program 4 pam uncoded Ralyigh fading the code not run and the matlab not runs and gets this message”Error using ==> modulate at 51 Not enough input arguments.”what can i do in this problem to program run and i need for you if any thing mistakes in the program my email:engkareem.aast@hotmail.com %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% clear all nFFT = 64; % fft size nDSC = 52; % nu...

Questions that question????
Hi everybody, I am thinking abt how much information can be provided to a quetion posted related to design with emerging hitech FPGA's.I started using this usenet just a few weeks ago,and I find it very interesting to notice people with great experience working in industries or with FPGA manufacuturers replying to the best they could.So I started thinking, how much of an information related to the desing should be given for a question. The less information i give, i likely to get no repliess, and the more i give , i might loose my valuable design , what would be a tradeoff here? So, how ...

Questions over questions
Hello people, I have a problem with my ISP! He kills my php script, if they were executed over 30 seconds. Can I use some trick to fake a little bit? That I can execute the script longer!? Greeting! Sven Dzepina wrote: > Hello people, > > I have a problem with my ISP! He kills my php script, if they were executed > over 30 seconds. > Can I use some trick to fake a little bit? That I can execute the script > longer!? > > Greeting! > > If your ISP doesn't run your script in safe mode, which it most likely does, then you can set_time_limit(0); for unli...

Few Questions About MATLAB
Hi, was wondering if anyone could help. there are a few things i need to know about some Matlab functions 1- if Pwelch and fft are used to find the Spectral Power Density. but how come when u apply them to the same data, the graphs look different? 2- when using the sendmail function, how does Matlab make the connection and send the data? ive looked at the code that Matlab uses for "sendmail" but its very difficult to understand. if anyone could help, i would be really greatful . thanks. ...

question about Matlab
I have 2 signals with sampling freq 50Hz and different duration. a[n] = [a1 a2 a3 .... an] b[n] = [b1 b2 b3 ............................... bn] In matlab, how to find: A[z]xB[z] A[z]/B[z] Z'(A[z]/B[z]) where Z'() is the inverse Z transform. Thank you! Edw ...