MATLAB /SIMULINK question

I would like to ask how do i read the spectrum scope output in simulink
its y axis is in dB from 0 to -100 and x axis from 0 to 0.5 in Hz.

I find it weird since my filter response is surpossed to at much higher freq
but the output on scope shows response within range of 0 to 0.5 on x axis in
units of Hz

0
sfoo (11)
3/22/2007 7:03:41 AM
comp.dsp 20333 articles. 1 followers. allnor (8509) is leader. Post Follow

On 22 Mar, 08:03, "Bryan" <s...@xilinx.com> wrote:
> I would like to ask how do i read the spectrum scope output in simulink
> its y axis is in dB from 0 to -100 and x axis from 0 to 0.5 in Hz.
>
> I find it weird since my filter response is surpossed to at much higher freq
> but the output on scope shows response within range of 0 to 0.5 on x axis in
> units of Hz

Seems to me that the sampling frequency hasn't been set?
If you don't set it yurself, a good implementation of an
analyzer will use a default value instead. Fs = 1 Hz is
a natural choise for such a default value.

Rune

0
allnor (8509)

MATLAB/SIMULINK Question
As I am not experienced with MATLAB, I would like to ask a question about its capabilities. Is it possible to simulate a voiceband modem demodulator (say v.22bis), then feed it real, offline data digitized from the PTSN line simulator, and have it demodulate and produce the binary data? Thank you for your comments. ...

Matlab to simulink to TI DSP
Hi We have developed a Wimax 802.16e model using Matlab floating point implementation. Now we need to move this model to simulink model and use real time workbench to implement it on TI DSP. Is it possible? What's the limitations ? Salam Hossam Alzomor www.i-g.org ...

Question about DSP in Matlab (beginner)
Hi, I'm starting to learn DSP (Matlab )and I have two questions about it, maybe someone can help me out? I'm trying to measure a frequency from an Audio Device and I'm using FFT to transform it from the time domain to the frequency domain. But I am doing a downsample before the FFT. But you can also do it after the FFT. Do you know what would be the most efficient (before or after)? And why? Another question, I am using zero padding to increase my system resolution (up to 50Hz). My frame length is N=256 and sample frequency fs= 44100 Hz. So 44100/50 = 882, so I need to add 626 zeroes (to 256 frame length) to get 50 Hz resolution, I hope this is correct? I believe this is done for FFT. But is this the same for the DFT? Thank you and regards, --------------------------------------- Posted through http://www.DSPRelated.com >Hi, > >I'm starting to learn DSP (Matlab )and I have two questions about it, >maybe someone can help me out? > >I'm trying to measure a frequency from an Audio Device and I'm using FFT >to transform it from the time domain to the frequency domain. But I am >doing a downsample before the FFT. But you can also do it after the FFT. >Do you know what would be the most efficient (before or after)? And >why? > >Another question, I am using zero padding to increase my system >resolution >(up to 50Hz). My frame length is N%6 and sample frequency fs= 44100 >...

MATLAB Function in Simulink Question
While working on a project for a class, I encountered the following error involving a certain MATLAB function: "Error in port widths or dimensions. Output port 1 of block 'slrcrndy2/slrcrndy.m' is a one dimensional vector with 7 elements" along with "Error in port widths or dimensions. Input port 1 of block 'slrcrndy2/Demux' is a one dimensional vector with 11 elements" Now, it seems obvious what this means. However, when I change the output dimensions in the block parameters window from -1 to 11, I get this error: "Error eva...

Question in putting simulink in matlab
Real easy qestion. But lets say I have a unknown gain (K) and a known transfer function. First off the gain in the model is initial set to 1, how can I just say it is a variable. To put the transfer function in matlab I put the numerator=[] and denominator=[]. Then sys=tf(n,d) But how can I type in a gain input in matlab. From the rlocus plot I know what values of K I want to look at. But how can I type K= in matlab ...

Matlab Simulink Question! Please Help!
Hi: I have one matlab simulator built by usinig simulink block sets. I need to be able to click on each of the block set and open up a GUI or create an button in the block set to open the GUI. Any one know how to create that kind of "button" in simulink? My GUI will be built in either VB or Matlab. If using VB, all I have to do is have an button to open the complied .exe file and my VB has to inteact with the simulator such that a button in the VB GUI will run the simulator. I had very previous experience in matlab. I have been researching on this for a long time and couldn't fig...

MATLAB discrete time simulation of simulink model (Control simulink simulation time from MATLAB)
I am trying to run a simulink model simulation in definite time steps from MATLAB so that I can extract data from simulink, do some caluclations and send these new data back to Simulink for further simulation from the point I left off. The process can be descirbed below: Note that total simulation time is 600 seconds. 1. Start simulation from MATLAB for 100 seconds and then pause the simulation 2. Extract all the data I need from simulink and bring into MATLAB, do some calculations to changes simulink model parameters and then pass this new calculated data back to simulink. 3. Continue the simulation where I left off (i.e. from 100 seconds) but this time in 15 second intervals, up to total simulation time end (repeating step 2 and 3 after every 15 seconds). Can someone please advise if they have done this before and what command structures they used. Thank you. True. You can "sim" to achieve this. Try "help sim" to learn details. Yi "High Voltage" <e8342lec@yahoo.com> wrote in message <gt61tq$657$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I am trying to run a simulink model simulation in definite time steps from MATLAB so that I can extract data from simulink, do some caluclations and send these new data back to Simulink for further simulation from the point I left off. > > The process can be descirbed below: > > Note that total simulation time is 600 seconds. > > 1. Start simulation from MATLAB for 100 seconds and...

Help with Matlab Simulink DSP with a C6711 DSK Board
We are working on trying to upload an image to a Texas Instruments C6711 DSK board connected to CCStudio, using simulink and matlab. Is there any easy way that this can be done? If anybody can recommend a book or anything that would be worth reading to help us be able to perform this, it would be very helpful. Thank you for your time. ...

Matlab GUI for coupling TI 2812 DSP with Simulink
I have built simulink model.Now i want to generate C code for the same using simulink code generation.Then i want to interface it with DSP F2812.I am looking simulink block for DSP TMS320F2812 Anyone knows about it? Thanks in advance. Heema. ...

speed control of BLDC using FPGA and DSP in matlab simulink
i want to control speed of brushless dc motor using dsp and fpga in matlab simulink. DSP perform speed sensing and speed calculation while FPGA performs the pwm generation. how can i count the hall sensor pulses. How can i burn the dsp and fpga code using simulink. thanks ...

Matlab GUI for coupling TI 2812 DSP with Simulink RTW
Hello, I am working on a project that will generate C++ code using Real Time Workshop from Simulink and then to dowload this code on the TI DSP 2812. I have the TI 2812 library, and the application refers to motor vector control. Now my boss want to have an interface in GUI to control the initialization and compiling process. Does anybody knows if there is/are some kind of software (Matlab GUI)that allready exist, and do this job? Thanks in advance. The MathWorks' "Embedded Target for TI C2000T DSP" integrates MATLAB and Simulink with Texas Instruments eXpressDSPT tools and...

problem with connecting matlab simulink to code composer 3.1 for dsp 6416
hi when i try to program a dsp 6416 with matlab simulink i have such problem that indicate your version of code composer is old and you need code composer 3.3 and im using code composer 3.1! i think this problem is irrelevant with version of code composer. can you help me? thanks . ...

Simulink Coder / TMF question: how to get a <model>.bat file for x86 using 64 bit Matlab?
Hello, I'm trying to write a template makefile that will produce 32-bit binaries on a 64 bit installation of Matlab. So far, I set CPU = i386 in the .tmf file, but it still tries to produce a 64-bit binary. I could also narrow down the problem to the <model>.bat file which is generated automatically. Basically, Matlab 64 bit writes the first line as: call "%VS100COMNTOOLS%..\..\VC\vcvarsall.bat" AMD64 and the only thing I need to do is remove AMD64 and it works. So how can I get the Simulink Coder not to omit this in the generated .bat file??? Is there a specific value for COMPILER_TOOL_CHAIN that I can use? It seems that COMPILER_TOOL_CHAIN = vc implies 64 bit on a 64bit installation of Matlab... Thanks in advance for any help on this subject! Best regards, Fritz > So how can I get the Simulink Coder not to omit this in the generated .bat file??? Sorry, there was a typo. It should of course be: So how can I get the Simulink Coder to omit this [the AMD64 argument to vcvarsall.bat] in the generated .bat file??? ...

How does matlab work in this issue ? a matlab principle question
Hello everyone I have an ODE solver computing the temperature every month during a year this script will do the job for j=1:12 [t,T]= ode45(@monthly_solver,tspan,Tic,[],monthly_heat(j),h2(j),); end where Tic is the intial temperature and J loops represents the months Now the question is about matlab principle and how does it work with the initial condition? i mean as the last temperature of the 1st month is the begining temperture of the 2nd month and the last temp. of the 2nd month is the begining temp. of the 3rd month and so on. Do i need to write a command to do ...

DSP interview questions : Please Contribute questions and answers here
Hi, I have been called for an interview for phd in signal processing from an institute which does research in physics and astronomy. I dont know what to expect. ( I guess they will thorougly grill me). I have done masters majoring in DSP and some years of industry experience. I had done my masters thesis in linear predictive coding of speech and wavelets. The work in the industry was mainly implementation side , video and image compression (H.264,JPEG2000) algorithms on DSPs. Its been quite a while from the last time i had read a text book. I request you to contribute some questions in this thread which could serve as a reference for people in this kind of a situation in general. Also request you to contribute some questions on what to expect in a phd interview other than technical stuff. On May 13, 9:54=A0pm, rajesh <getrajes...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > =A0 =A0 =A0I have been called for an interview for phd in signal processi= ng > from an institute which does research in physics and astronomy. I dont > know what to expect. ( I guess they will thorougly grill me). > > I have done masters majoring in DSP and some years of industry > experience. I had done my masters thesis in linear predictive coding > of speech and wavelets. > The work in the industry was mainly implementation side , video and > image compression (H.264,JPEG2000) algorithms on DSPs. > > Its been quite a while from the last time i had read a text book...

Simulink/Matlab
Hello, I have a probleme to solve.I have to calculate the phase difference between two signals (not necessarily sinusoidal, it can be a noise signal for example).I wondered if someone could help me by giving the code for Simulink or Matlab please. Thank you. I forgot to say that the phase difference is in function of frequency. ...

question in matlab
I have been plotted a 3D counter plot via the commands [C,h]=contour3(w,p,green3,10); t = clabel(C,h,'labelspacing',72) get(t(1)) with run the comment in matlab recived this output: Annotation = [ (1 by 1) hg.Annotation array] BackgroundColor = none Color = [0 0 0] DisplayName = EdgeColor = none Editing = off Extent = [0 0 0 0] FontAngle = normal FontName = Helvetica FontSize = [10] FontUnits = points FontWeight = normal HorizontalAlignment = center LineStyle = - LineWidth = [0.5] Margin = [2] Position = [-0.661507 0.649385 -0.01794] Rotation = [290.824] String = -0...

questions on matlab
Dear Sir My name is Tusajigwe, student from Brighton University taking MSC in Digital Electronics and Communication. Now am doing a research on Wireless Communication which concern with email alert to GSM users on their cell pohones,what i want from this project is to make GSM users to receive email alert when they have got new mail and this service will be offered by GSM operator ways of achieving 1)To establish link between ISP and SMS centre,because e-mail alert will be in the form of text message and ISP is the one who knows if someone has mail after see it ISP forward to SMS centre by us...

Simulink to Matlab
I have a transfer function that I want to put into series 5 times. I want to find the sum of the 5 TFs. I know how to put the 5 TFs in series using simulink, but is there a way to get the sum of the TFs back into MATLAB? I ultimately want to find the root locus of the TF. You could linearize the series of transfer functions in Simulink, then export the resulting system to MATLAB. http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/slcontrol/ug/brz_wd6.html -James Susan wrote: > I have a transfer function that I want to put into series 5 times. I > want to find the s...

Matlab AM question
Dear all, I am trying to implement a very simple version of an AM receiver in Matlab but as I am new to this software package I seem to be getting nowhere. So far I have searched the web and Matlab books for examples that would help me to understand how this could be done without much success. I now this is probably a silly thing to ask but could anyone guide me in the right direction, i.e. links to websites, etc. or maybe provide me with a hints. Anything would help really. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks Justin. -- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------- "There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes" Fourth Doctor Who(Tom Baker) Doctor Who Web Site www.doctorwho.hopto.org "Justin Champion" <j.c.champion@staffs.ac.uk> wrote in news:30efnvF2vttghU1@uni-berlin.de: > > Dear all, > I am trying to implement a very simple version of an AM > receiver in > Matlab but as I am new to this software package I seem to be getting > nowhere. So far I have searched the web and Matlab books for examples > that would help me to understand how this could be done without much > success. I now this is probably a silly thing to ask but could anyone > guide me in the right direction, i.e. links to websites, etc. or maybe > provide me with a hints. Anything would help really. > > Your help is much appreciated. &g...

Simulink: DSP
Hi, I'm trying to do the following using Signal Processing Blockset: 1. Input an audio signal using "From Wave Device". 2. Then move the frequency component of that signal up, that is f=f+1kHz. 3. Finally output the new signal using "To Wave Device". I have some difficulties in step#2: How to move the frequency component up? Any idea? Thanks in advance Infinity wrote: > > > Hi, > I'm trying to do the following using Signal Processing Blockset: > 1. Input an audio signal using "From Wave Device". > 2. Then move the frequency component of...

Simulink Question.
I have a question regarding simulink. There is a block call "Direct Look-up Table" in my case, its a 1-D Direct Lookup Table. Can someone tell me what is this block for?? Input selec this object from = "Element" table data= "Vector" Make table an input is NOT check. I've tried reading the help but i still cant understand how it works. can someone shed some light on my problem?? thanx alot in advance guys... Gary Gary wrote: > I have a question regarding simulink. > There is a block call "Direct Look-up Table" in my case, its a 1-D > D...

Some questions on matlab
Hi all, i am using matlab and encountered some problems. Kindly advice. 1)i am using newff function to create a neural network.After which, someone advised me to set some of the parameters ,for example, net.performFcn,net.trainParam.goal and many more. But i tried using my matlab help and search for function to llok up for what these parameters do. However, i can't find any help on these parameters. Where can i find them? 2)i intend to use the train function to train my network. In the train function, according to the help file,we can also give T(network targets) as input. Can someone ki...

Matlab/Simulink
How do I run a simulink model on a computer that does not have matlab in it ? I want to run a PID control model prepared in Simulink in Boss's computer. Please help me. ...

Web resources about - MATLAB /SIMULINK question - comp.dsp

The Smart Emergency Response System Using MATLAB and Simulink - YouTube
In the aftermath of an earthquake, every second counts for disaster victims. Imagine a system that can locate people quickly and help first responders ...

Cross Discipline Collaboration For Hybrid Design Featuring Rhapsody and Simulink
... platform, enable diverse teams to collaborate, share, review, analyze and trace designs built in IBM Rational Rhapsody and The Mathworks Simulink. ...

Simulink
The picture above looks like a standard four-wheel drive (4WD) touring car. As one looks closer, a few strange things start to pop out. Where’s ...

IAR Embedded Workbench - Skills
See top IAR Embedded Workbench professionals, groups, and related job openings.

Open Directory - Science: Math: Software: MATLAB
The MathWorks - Developers of MATLAB, Simulink and Stateflow. Offers products for data analysis, visualization, application development, simulation, ...

Embedded system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Picture of the internals of an ADSL modem / router . A modern example of an embedded system. Labelled parts include a microprocessor (4), RAM ...

Imprint / General / Home - g.tec - Guger Technologies
... produces biosignal amplifiers, data acquisition systems, real-time processing systems and EEG Processing Software under Matlab and Simulink. ...

DSP Engineer - Jobs - CFO World - Finance & Technology
CFOworld.com.au covers accounting, risk management, taxation, technology and financial news from ASX-listed companies.

Curriculum Vitae - Stefano Meroli
Curriculum Vitae - Stefano Meroli

Springer
Virtual Reality and Animation for MATLAB® and Simulink® Users Nassim Khaled This book demonstrates the simulation and animation of physical ...