Need help to get the amplitude of a wave file ( need to get the highest value )

Recently I start to find a solution to my research about audio analyzing. I need to get the frequency level of a wave file and the amplitude. can any one help me ?
0
dinuwan
9/3/2014 5:40:43 AM
comp.dsp 20333 articles. 1 followers. allnor (8509) is leader. Post Follow

dinuwan.adg@gmail.com wrote:
> Recently I start to find a solution to my research about audio analyzing. I need to get the frequency level of a wave file and the amplitude. can any one help me ?

WHAT is your goal?

0
Richard
9/3/2014 7:08:22 AM
On Tue, 2 Sep 2014 22:40:43 -0700 (PDT), dinuwan.adg@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

>Recently I start to find a solution to my research about audio analyzing.

I don't understand the meaning of that sentence.
Are you saying that you are beginning to study
an audio  signal processing operation?  Or are
you saying that you have found a solution to
some audio  signal processing problem?

>I need to get the frequency level of a wave file and the amplitude. can any
>one help me ?

It looks like you have lots of studying to do
to learn the language of signal processing so
that you can use the correct terminology to
ask a specific question.  Are you trying to perform
"spectrum analysis"?

AS Richard said, "What is your goal?"

[Rick-]

0
Rick
9/3/2014 2:37:57 PM
On Tue, 02 Sep 2014 22:40:43 -0700, dinuwan.adg wrote:

> Recently I start to find a solution to my research about audio
> analyzing. I need to get the frequency level of a wave file and the
> amplitude. can any one help me ?

Richard and Rick are pretty smart guys, and all I can do is echo their
"huh?"

Do you want to find sample with the highest absolute value?  Do you want
to do spectral analysis?  Do you have something yet again in mind?

You sound like you're asking for a specific tree when you don't even have
a map to the forest.  Please tell us what you're trying to accomplish at
the top level (i.e., do you want to build a gizmo that does something
specific, do you want to pass some specific class, are you interested in
some specific facet of signal processing, etc. -- please note the
prevalence of the word "specific" when you formulate your answer).

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Need help with getting unique values in a file.
Sorry for asking, but I give up on this situation. I am a total n00b at Perl and have only used it for about 1 week now. I would really appreciate somebody's help here because I am really feeling stuck. I have a list of 1000's of email addresses in a file ( This is not a spam list first and foremost ). I need to read that file in and create unique lists sorting by domain. A particular domain must be listed once per list. To make this a bit more clear.... If my addresses in the source file are as follows: bill at one.com jane at one.com frank at two.com ted at one.com jess at three....

Need help; getting error with [get]
Hi, I created a small program reading a file in using [get], and it worked fine. However today I went to try it, and got this error: "can not find channel named "filebedf90". <code from program> set fp [open $filePath] set targetFile [open brass_finished.csv w] while {-1 != [gets $fp line]} { pruneList $targetFile $line Then I tried this code in Wish, which should have given me the same error; or atleast I thought it would, until it worked. The only difference is that in Wish, i [cd]'d to the directory and opened the file from there. Whereas in my program...

Need help with xFree86
I need to know where I can upgrade my xFree86 to the most current. I am running 4.1.0 and am having problems getting my ATI Radeon 8500 All in Wonder to work. Can someone point me to where I can get this? Also does this come with an installation guide? I am a newbie going through the motions. Thanks in advance, Scott Giganews wrote: >I need to know where I can upgrade my xFree86 to the most current. I am >running 4.1.0 and am having problems getting my ATI Radeon 8500 All in >Wonder to work. Can someone point me to where I can get this? Also does this >come with an installatio...

JFileChooser - File Filter
Hi all, I would really like to know how to get rid of the option "All Files" inside the JFileChooser, I have my own filter applied so that it only can see directories and *.mdb files but... the "All Files" option still is there, I would like to get rid of it altogether. Any help please. Thanks, Asif ---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ---------------------------------------------- I think you might want: JFileChooser.setAcceptAllFileFilterUsed(f...

Need help getting values with simplexml

m48+ Need help getting files on and off
I can transfer files to and from it. I can get stuff off my stack or to my stack. My problem is that the files are a garbled mess "m48+ to Computer." The other problem is I can't save the files going "Computer to m48+" and I thought it was due to my header but maybe not. I am lost here. Anyone moving RPL programs and variables to and from a computer with m48+ and if successful, can you tell me what I may be doing wrong? Thanks! So far I used the m48+ built-in web server for data transfer between the m48+ directory structure and another PC. Start the server, using t...

Need help getting unique values
Merchant table: 253 merchants - each merchant has one primary category Category table: 161 categories with images (one image per category) Merchants pick one primary category, some categories are more popular than others, for instance the Dry Cleaners has the most merchants at 13. I need to pick out 2 different merchants, not in the same category, and put them in another table, so they will not get selected again for 30 days. Right now, I'm doing something like the below but I'm getting dupes: SELECT merchant, category, imgsrc FROM merchants JOIN category ON merchants.pricateg...

need help to get collocation points needed for OC method
my problem is p(i)=1+a(i,1)*x^2+...........a(i,i)*x^2*i; where a(i,1)->a(i,i) are not known&coefficients this is P ith polynomial where p(1)=1 so i need to solve the equation p(n) to get values of x; condition is integral of (x^2*(1-x^2)*p(i)*p(j))=0 i!=j; from this problem i don't know how to give those many variables a(i,j) prior.please do this. mail me back Regards karthik ...

need help with Proc PMENU and getting values
I have this simple program, in which I want to be able to choose an option and pass it into a macro variable for future use. the problem is, the Call Symput portion of the program doesn't run until the end, which makes the whole thing rather useless. Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Thank you LIBNAME menu "c:\My Documents\My SAS Files\9.1\mymenu"; PROC PMENU CATALOG=menu.menus; MENU try1; ITEM 'Group1' MENU=pull_down_menu; MENU pull_down_menu; ITEM 'Group1 A' DIALOG=a1; ITEM 'Group1 B' DIALOG=a2; DIALOG a1 'end;submit "...

need help to get collocation points needed for OC method #2
my problem is p(i)=1+a(i,1)*x^2+...........a(i,i)*x^2*i; where a(i,1)->a(i,i) are not known&coefficients this is P ith polynomial where p(1)=1 so i need to solve the equation p(n) to get values of x; condition is integral of (x^2*(1-x^2)*p(i)*p(j))=0 i!=j; from this problem i don't know how to give those many variables a(i,j) prior.please do this. mail me back Regards karthik ...

Re: need help with Proc PMENU and getting values
FPAStatman wrote: > I have this simple program, in which I want to be able to choose an > option and pass it into a macro variable for future use. the problem > is, the Call Symput portion of the program doesn't run until the end, > which makes the whole thing rather useless. Can anyone please tell me > what I am doing wrong? > Thank you Code a %let as your dialog action. Submitting a macro invocation that generates a data step to assign a macro variable value via symput is way too roundabout. --------------- LIBNAME menu "%sysfunc(pathname(WORK))"; PROC PM...

need a bit of help zone file and updates not getting out
--===============7400581186156003826== Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-1474291737-1240533232=:3615" --0-1474291737-1240533232=:3615 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable its been a long time since had to change a zone db and having a problem get= ting the domain to be correctly setup at least of far as I can tell. bind is 9.5.1 running on x86 fedora 10 the domain is pdxeng.com bind is listening at 63.224.252.117=20 i have the expires small for now until things get back to normal, also made= t...

Re: need a bit of help zone file and updates not getting out
--===============1709543175946637451== Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-294057163-1240533360=:51229" --0-294057163-1240533360=:51229 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable and just got 'proof' back, sending mail to pdxeng.com got me No MX or A records for pdxeng.com --- On Fri, 4/24/09, Pete Lancashire <petepdx1955@yahoo.com> wrote: From: Pete Lancashire <petepdx1955@yahoo.com> Subject: need a bit of help zone file and updates not getting out To: bind-users@lists.isc.org Date:...

Need help getting DVI reader to include BMP files
Hi, I have downloaded a Tex document (and dvi file) that references many figures that are in .bmp format. Yes, I can see the proper links and the bmp files are in the proper place in the directory tree. Although a DVI file is provided, I have recompiled the Tex and tried that as well. The document text shows up but the figure areas are blank. So far I have used MikTex and TeXlivc under windows. I have tried xdvi under Cygwin but I can't seem to get that going (some annoying configuration error with the XDVIINPUTS variable). There is an include file in the main tex file with the commands...

Web resources about - Need help to get the amplitude of a wave file ( need to get the highest value ) - comp.dsp

Amplitude - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about amplitude in classical physics. For quantum-mechanical amplitude, see probability amplitude . For the video game, see Amplitude ...

AMPLITUDE - NEW ZEALAND 4K/UHD - YouTube
Part II/IV of a timelapse series through the always changing landscapes of New Zealand. Shot over 4 month, driving through amazing scenery, sleeping ...

Amplitude Studios Announces Dungeon of the Endless for iPad
Amplitude Studios Announces Dungeon of the Endless for iPad

Harmonix wants to remake PS2 rhythm classic Amplitude
... was well known to a certain segment of rhythm-game obsessives (including yours truly) through 2001's Frequency and its 2003 sequel Amplitude— ...

Unreal Tournament, Wolfenstein and Amplitude round out the week’s best game trailers
Every week, a landslide of video game trailers hit the Internet, hyping up the games that have just been released, the games that are about to ...

Get ready 2 rokk: Amplitude's Kickstarter successfully funded
After a tense will-they-or-won't-they run, Harmonix's Kickstarter for a revival of cult classic music game Amplitude has been funded. At the ...

Briefly: Microsoft briefing, eSATA to USB3, AmpliTude Slash
Microsoft has scheduled a press event on Monday for what it calls a major announcement, but isn't being any more specific with location other ...

Make sweet, sci-fi music with 'Amplitude' on PS4 in January
Amplitude blends rhythm gaming with sci-fi spaceship action, and it's heading to PlayStation 4 on January 5th, for $20 via the PlayStation Store. ...

Help DumpLord420 Get His Way With Amplitude
My friends at Harmonix are running a Kickstarter campaign to bring back Amplitude , one of their classic games. It was originally done in the ...

Harmonix Delays 'Amplitude' Reboot Into Summer 2015, Refuses To Cut Corners
Unfortunately Harmonix announced some disappointing news today about the release window for their crowd-funded Amplitude sequel, but the decision ...