need your advice please

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

hellow every one
tyo have good information about the following two subject

1_ space time trellis code (STTC)
2_ space time block code (STBC)

which books you prefer
thanx alot

0
Reply jehanfit (13) 1/30/2010 8:59:31 AM

See related articles to this posting

comp.dsp 19851 articles. 24 followers. Post

Need some Advice, please
Hi all, Question : Is my qualifications (see below) enough to find a job to begin with? or i need something more to know? it have been almost 1and 1/2 year that i am looking for job in Canada and recently in US. All the job's adds are requiring 5 + years of experience and bunch of things to know : PCI-express, Ethernet, TCP/IP protocol...etc. This is very scary. What is your opinnions or advices to me guys. The most of the jobs on the net for canada are putten by consulting firm : Intelligent technology solustions, who are seems to be monopolising the market, I called them at ottawa, they...

Need some advice please !!
Hello, I am a fresh graduate and would like to know the difference between the skill sets required for an Oracle Applications Developer, an Oracle Apps DBA and an Oracle DBA. Also can someone please shed some light as to which of these three fields have a better opportunity and what should be ones interests to get into any one of these fields. I need an insight on these three branches of Oracle. On another note, people who can tell me to read articles and Google things can please aviod wasting their and my time and only those replies would be really appreciated who can guide me to any articl...

I need some advice please
Hi everyone, if anyone can spare a few mins, please see if i have done something wrong here. Thanks. cleanpower=10*log10(sum(cleanspeech.*cleanspeech)/length(cleanspeech)); noise = wgn(length(cleanspeech),1,cleanpower-10 ); %SNR of 10 noisyspeech = cleanspeech + noise; Wp = 0.0225; Ws = 0.0175; Rp = 1; Rs = 32; [N,Wn] = cheb1ord(Wp,Ws,Rp,Rs); [b,a] = cheby1(N,Rp,Wn,'high'); noisyspeech= filter(b,a,noisyspeech); i wish to add noise and filter out those frequency between 0 to around 60 Hz. However, my noise is according to the power of the entire clean speech and not each frame ...

Need some advice please
I bought the eVGA e-GeForce FX 5200 Ultra. Some questions: Firstly, I've been getting the "Power indicator" warning from the NVIDIA driver. Every time I boot the computer it warns me that the card isn't receiving enough power. Now, I have an Antec 380W TruePower unit in my computer. I did hook up the video card to a power connector. Every single other thing in the machine is ok. I contacted eVGA about this issue, they said they kind of know about it and they're waiting for NVIDIA to make a better driver for them. I don't know if this is ever going to happen. What...

Advice needed please
Is it possible to connect a laptop to the internet via a mobile phone (or a Sim card) If so would someone kindly outline the requirements or point me to a web site giving such details Regards & TIA Jim Lad wrote: > Is it possible to connect a laptop to the internet via a mobile phone (or a > Sim card) > If so would someone kindly outline the requirements or point me to a web > site giving such details > > > Regards & TIA > > Verizon is heavily advertising that, in both print and radio. Scott McPhillips [MVP] wrote: > Jim Lad wrote: > ...

need advice please
Hi All, Pardon me because this is off-topic, but it is important. I have been asked to move with my company to San Diego California, and I need some reference point to compare what they are offering. Can anyone tell me: - What ballpark base salary (before benefits and 401(k)) should a Computer/Electronics engineer with about 5 years experience and detailed product knowledge for a product support / technical sales role expect. - What ballpark (if different from above) would a Senior Application Engineer expect? I have experience in FPGA/Embedded and PCB design at a systems level, with ...

Advice needed ! Please
Will this laptop : http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0348828329.1066487196@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccciadcjjfdmdjkcflgceggdhhmdfhl.0&page=Product&sku=975017 be suitable for: Office Apps Internet DVD Movie Playback Interactive learning software XP PRO Unreal 2003 :) Thanks John All bar UT2003 yes - shared graphics are useless - you may be able to play at lowest resolution with lowest settings, but you won't be able to enjoy the game much. Look for a laptop with a GeForce 420 Go or ATI Radeon 9000 (or even better a 9200 or 9600) for decent ga...

Need advice please..
Hi. I have had before Ibm and Compaq and Dell, was very satisfied with Ibm and Dell. Now i need a new laptop, and wonder how good the Fujitsu/siemens amilo 7820 ? the feeling in keyboard, quality of built, and how good the screen is compared ti Ibm and Dell's pro models ? I use it sometimes, quite much in winter time to play new games on network, and need a keyboard that feels good to work with when not playing games, and screen is very important, and reliability is a must. Please let me know your experience with Fujitsu/siemens amilo laptops, have no experience myself with them. Tha...

[...]

SWAT advice needed please
I'm after a few pointers please! I've set up a network of 2 machines with Win XP and 1 Linux box running Mandrake 9.2. I can telnet into the box,run VNCserver with no problems.What I need to do next is set up the SWAT server.I have looked at the MAN pages and all the settings that are mentioned there seem to be ok but I cannot access SWAT through my web browser. Any ideas? Hi, > I've set up a network of 2 machines with Win XP and 1 Linux box running > Mandrake 9.2. > > I can telnet into the box,run VNCserver with no problems.What I need to do > next is set u...

Newbie needs advice, please
Hi all. I know very little about designing web pages, so please be patient if these sound like stupid questions. Situation: My wife works for a church and they have a rather simple web site done by one of the congregation. Trouble is, this guy is always out of town or tied up. It's almost impossible to get him to update the site. A friend who has done some web sites says we should re-do the whole site in PHP-Nuke so that my wife will be able to update the site herself. To get us started, he set up a dummy page on his own site with PHP-Nuke and told me to have a go at setting it up. ...

Newbie needs advice please
hi all Can someone give me some advice please. I've been asked to price the set up of a music composition facility for a charity whose only equipment is a reasonably well spec'd basic PC running XP. I guess I will need to price - cheap midi keyboard - midi interface card - upgraded soundcard (suspect the existing one is v average) - software Could someone please give me some recommendations - bearing in mind that the charity have not got money to burn...! Thanks for taking the time to read this. Andy Used cakewalk sonar 2.2 from ebay - $50 M-audio Audiphile 2496 soundcard wi...

Need some Advice, please #2
Hi all, Question : Is my qualifications (see below) enough to find a job to begin with? or i need something more to know? it have been almost 1and 1/2 year that i am looking for job in Canada and recently in US. All the job's adds are requiring 5 + years of experience and bunch of things to know : PCI-express, Ethernet, TCP/IP protocol...etc. This is very scary. What is your opinnions or advices to me guys. The most of the jobs on the net for canada are putten by consulting firm : Intelligent technology solustions, who are seems to be monopolising the market, I called them at ottawa, they...

Need Career advice please!!
I am 36 yrs old, Msc in Comp Science from Coventry Univ, UK, graduated in aug 2005.Have work exp in Coventry for a local based IT related company for 4 yrs.The nature of the work being database designing in Access,in-house application development programming in VB, getting database report specs from the clients, preparing protocol and getting acceptance from them,in-house IT co-ordinating with all the depts, timely corporate web-site maintenance, data back-up and server maintenance.My work experience is related to royal mail in UK, so very much experienced on different type of large printers a...

Which laptop
I am looking for a laptop with the following specs: - P4 (Mobile or non mobile) 2 Ghz or greater - 512 mb ram - 40Gb or greater hard drive (must be 5400 rpm) - infra red - 15" screen - International warranty included or at a reasonable cost. This is because I am having a friend purchase it for me in the USA and bringing it back to New Zealand. I think this will exclude Dell - from what I can tell they require you to purchase a 3 year NBD warranty to qualify for International warranty. - must be readily available in the USA Graphics - I would prefer at least 32mb dedicated graphics ram, ...

please i need some advice on optimization
hi i am using a function which does a floating point "modulus" operation. it takes 2 floats as input and wraps the first float (float1) to fit in the range 0 .. float2 I was originally using a math function fmod but this was really slow so i replaced it with an inline function i wrote. this was a lot faster, but still there is room for improvement. What is the fastest function which performs this operation ? If i want to write it in assembly, can someone explain to me the syntax for embedding assmebler in my visual c++ 6 projects ? Thanks - Jason "Jason Lang" <j...

Please help, in need of advice
Looking for some advice in choosing a new laptop. I mainly will be using it for wordprocessing, internet and photoprocessing. Very important are: firm keyboard, pinsharp and clear screen, it has to be silent and firm (no cheap stuff). I've pinned down my choices to: Toshiba A20 Dell 5100 Asus L5800c 1. The toshiba seems to have an inferior graphic adapter (Trident Cyberblade XP2 32 MB shared video RAM) compared to the others (ATi� Radeon� 7500, dedicated 64MB DDR video memory) - Does this have serious implications for normal use? For example: slower screenbuilding or worse... What abou...

Career Advice Needed Please!!
I am 36 yrs old, Msc in Comp Science from Coventry Univ, UK, graduated in aug 2005.Have work exp in Coventry for a local based IT related company for 4 yrs.The nature of the work being database designing in Access,in-house application development programming in VB, getting database report specs from the clients, preparing protocol and getting acceptance from them,in-house IT co-ordinating with all the depts, timely corporate web-site maintenance, data back-up and server maintenance.My work experience is related to royal mail, so very much experienced on different type of large printers and the...

Urgent advice needed please
Hello, I have some Jet Tec ink bottles and my 16 month old son has just been handling one unknown to me and I have found him with red ink all around his mouth and over his hands. I dont think he's ingested much but some certainly went into his mouth. I have given him plenty to drink and washed his hands thoriughly. Can anyone tell me if the ink is toxic or carcegonic please I'm really worried. Thanks. On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:50:48 GMT, "Johnny 5" <johncon2@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I have some Jet Tec ink bottles and my 16 month o...

Need some advice! Please help!
Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone could tell me which is the best surfing simulation for the PC? I prefer text-based. Thanks a lot! On Fri, 14 May 2004 22:28:33 -0400, "Dave Smith" <nospam@myemailaddress.com> wrote: >Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone could tell me which is the best surfing >simulation for the PC? I prefer text-based. The WWW is pretty good, a lot of people play it. -- Andrew. To email unscramble nrc@gurjevgrzrboivbhf.pbz & remove spamtrap. Help make Usenet a better place: English is read downwards, please don't top post. Tr...

Some help and/or advice needed please
Hi, Although quite used to electronics, I have never ventured in to the world of robotics and I have an idea which I would like to implement, but I don't know if it's possible, so I would really appreciate some advice before I blow wads of cash on something that may not work as desired lol.. OK, here's what's required.. I'm building a model dockside railroad that has a roll-on roll-off ferry that will move a few box cars on it, I wish for the ferry to wait 15 minutes, move away from the dock turn through 90 degrees to reach it's opposite point (it's not ...

I need advice on expansion please
I have an Allied-Telesyn AR-220E 4-port Router/switch, (cable modem connected to the WAN port), with a Allied-Telesyn 4-port MR904TX hub connected via the uplink port on the router and the MDI-X port on the hub. I need to connect more computers and would like to add another router/switch/hub but I'm not sure how best to expand. I really don't need another router with a WAN port. But should I get another switch or just another hub. Should I stay with one brand of equipment or will the mix without issues? Is there a drawback to having some on my computers on the switch and ...

Telephone filters
I have just signed up for broadband on my Windows machine, keeping dial - up on my RISC PC for now. I understand that I need to fit telephone filters to all active phone points in the house - is this correct? We have one point for the main telephone, one for the Sky box, which is split for the RISC PC as well, and one for the Windows machine. Any advice much appreciated. Thanks, Jon. -- jgc.hall@tiscali.co.uk http://www.mcvax.org/jghall/ In message <7f3386ab4c.tiscali2@tiscali.co.uk> Jon Hall <jgc.hall@tiscali.co.uk> wrote: > I have just signed up for broadband on...