question about Matlab

I have 2 signals with sampling freq 50Hz and different duration.
a[n] = [a1 a2 a3 .... an]
b[n] = [b1 b2 b3 ............................... bn]

In matlab, how to find:
A[z]xB[z]
A[z]/B[z]
Z'(A[z]/B[z])   where Z'() is the inverse Z transform.

Thank you!

Edw

comp.dsp 20333 articles. 1 followers. allnor (8507) is leader. Post Follow

Question about DSP in Matlab (beginner)
Hi, I'm starting to learn DSP (Matlab )and I have two questions about it, maybe someone can help me out? I'm trying to measure a frequency from an Audio Device and I'm using FFT to transform it from the time domain to the frequency domain. But I am doing a downsample before the FFT. But you can also do it after the FFT. Do you know what would be the most efficient (before or after)? And why? Another question, I am using zero padding to increase my system resolution (up to 50Hz). My frame length is N=256 and sample frequency fs= 44100 Hz. So 44100/50 = 882, so I need to add 626 zeroes (to 256 frame length) to get 50 Hz resolution, I hope this is correct? I believe this is done for FFT. But is this the same for the DFT? Thank you and regards, --------------------------------------- Posted through http://www.DSPRelated.com >Hi, > >I'm starting to learn DSP (Matlab )and I have two questions about it, >maybe someone can help me out? > >I'm trying to measure a frequency from an Audio Device and I'm using FFT >to transform it from the time domain to the frequency domain. But I am >doing a downsample before the FFT. But you can also do it after the FFT. >Do you know what would be the most efficient (before or after)? And >why? > >Another question, I am using zero padding to increase my system >resolution >(up to 50Hz). My frame length is N%6 and sample frequency fs= 44100 >...

How does matlab work in this issue ? a matlab principle question
Hello everyone I have an ODE solver computing the temperature every month during a year this script will do the job for j=1:12 [t,T]= ode45(@monthly_solver,tspan,Tic,[],monthly_heat(j),h2(j),); end where Tic is the intial temperature and J loops represents the months Now the question is about matlab principle and how does it work with the initial condition? i mean as the last temperature of the 1st month is the begining temperture of the 2nd month and the last temp. of the 2nd month is the begining temp. of the 3rd month and so on. Do i need to write a command to do ...

DSP interview questions : Please Contribute questions and answers here
Hi, I have been called for an interview for phd in signal processing from an institute which does research in physics and astronomy. I dont know what to expect. ( I guess they will thorougly grill me). I have done masters majoring in DSP and some years of industry experience. I had done my masters thesis in linear predictive coding of speech and wavelets. The work in the industry was mainly implementation side , video and image compression (H.264,JPEG2000) algorithms on DSPs. Its been quite a while from the last time i had read a text book. I request you to contribute some questions in this thread which could serve as a reference for people in this kind of a situation in general. Also request you to contribute some questions on what to expect in a phd interview other than technical stuff. On May 13, 9:54=A0pm, rajesh <getrajes...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > =A0 =A0 =A0I have been called for an interview for phd in signal processi= ng > from an institute which does research in physics and astronomy. I dont > know what to expect. ( I guess they will thorougly grill me). > > I have done masters majoring in DSP and some years of industry > experience. I had done my masters thesis in linear predictive coding > of speech and wavelets. > The work in the industry was mainly implementation side , video and > image compression (H.264,JPEG2000) algorithms on DSPs. > > Its been quite a while from the last time i had read a text book...

DSP Questions
Hi I have an interview for a DSP firmware position for a company which makes VOIP h/w and s/w..I was hoping someone could help me with the kind of questions I can expect and tips to prepare for the interview thanks ...

MATLAB question
I've posted this on the MATLAB newsgroup, but that group is pretty noisy and I know there are a lot of MATLAB users here, so here goes... I'm looking for suggestions/code on doing the following. They generally get more complex as the list goes on, numbers (1) and (4) are really the startings point and most important to me. 1) Given a sequence of bytes, find all occurances of that sequence in a binary file. 2) Given a sequence of bytes with possible wildcards (fixed wildcard length of one byte), find all occurances of that sequence in a binary file. 3) Given a sequence of bytes with possible wildcards (wildcards representing a variable number of bytes), find all occurances of that sequence in a binary file. 4-6) Same as the above except for bits rather than bytes--bits are not necessarily aligned with byte boundaries in any way. It's not really necessary for this to be in MATLAB (and would probably be much faster in C), but the files won't be huge (generally no larger than a few hundred KB) and search seqeuences relatively short (3-5 bytes typically) so MATLAB processing time may be acceptable. Are there some existing tools/code I could use? General suggestions? Thanks, Matt -- Remove Xs from address to reply via e-mail. -- Remove Xs from address to reply via e-mail. Matt Roos wrote: (snip) > I'm looking for suggestions/code on doing the following. They generally get > more complex as the list goes on, numbers (1) and (4)...

Some questions on matlab
Hi all, i am using matlab and encountered some problems. Kindly advice. 1)i am using newff function to create a neural network.After which, someone advised me to set some of the parameters ,for example, net.performFcn,net.trainParam.goal and many more. But i tried using my matlab help and search for function to llok up for what these parameters do. However, i can't find any help on these parameters. Where can i find them? 2)i intend to use the train function to train my network. In the train function, according to the help file,we can also give T(network targets) as input. Can someone ki...

Few matlab questions
Hello, I have this questions for you. I hope some one can help me. So I have a background image and I want to insert another image over it. A ball for example. But this ball get on top of the background and it streches to full screan. 1) How to make matlab plot a picture in its original size. I don`l want to be stretched. 2) My ball picture is a PNG file so i need not to show the transparent pixels. I used: A = imread('ball.png','BackgroundColor','none'); image(A) but it isn`t working.. 3) Can I load an animation or sound in the plot ...

some DSP question
When signals come to the receiver, first we need a band pass filter, what is the main function of it? If I don't use this filter, what will happen? How to design the filter coefficients in MATLAB? Any clue? Where is the clue from? I think there must be some relations with previous parameters, Can anyone show me an example with your explanation better with simple program? Same question to low pass filter in receiver as well. Another question always puzzle me in my study is, when I do MATLAB simulation, we define fs(sample frequency, which is >=2 fn( Nyquist frequency), I use fs to build my cosine wave then square wave, then BPSK modulation, I think fs should be a sample frequency in receiver to reconstruct the signal, but I have used it from the start, where is the Nyquist theory in my program, did I lost myself? iamzhiyan@gmail.com wrote: > When signals come to the receiver, first we need a band pass filter, > what is the main function of it? If I don't use this filter, what > will happen? How to design the filter coefficients in MATLAB? Any clue? > Where is the clue from? I think there must be some relations with > previous parameters, > > Can anyone show me an example with your explanation better with simple > program? > Same question to low pass filter in receiver as well. I assume that your receiver is for radio waves. Your questions are not about DSP as such, but about the design of a radio receiver. DSP is one method of impl...

A DSP question...
Are the largest fonts available referred to as ele-fonts? "Edwin" <thorne25@juno.com> wrote in post 1103565072.692494.4060@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com on 12/20/04 10:51 AM: > Are the largest fonts available referred to as ele-fonts? > Cute... I may use that in a class someday. Thanks. :) -- If A = B and B = C, then A = C, except where void or prohibited by law. Roy Santoro, Psycho Proverb Zone (http://snipurl.com/BurdenOfProof) Snit wrote: > "Edwin" <thorne25@juno.com> wrote in post > 1103565072.692494.4060@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com on 12/20/04 10:51 AM: > > > Are the largest fonts available referred to as ele-fonts? > > > Cute... I may use that in a class someday. Thanks. :) You're welcome. :-) ...

Not a DSP Question
I am trying to source level debug my embedded code thru a JTAG emulator. I am using gcc. At the moment I am generating a motorola hex file format that does not contain any debug information. What type of file I need to generate with gcc that allows me to source level debug and how do I generate this file. Thanks Carl k wrote: > I am trying to source level debug my embedded code thru a JTAG emulator. I > am using gcc. At the moment I am generating a motorola hex file format that > does not contain any debug information. What type of file I need to generate > with gcc that allo...

questions on matlab
Dear Sir My name is Tusajigwe, student from Brighton University taking MSC in Digital Electronics and Communication. Now am doing a research on Wireless Communication which concern with email alert to GSM users on their cell pohones,what i want from this project is to make GSM users to receive email alert when they have got new mail and this service will be offered by GSM operator ways of achieving 1)To establish link between ISP and SMS centre,because e-mail alert will be in the form of text message and ISP is the one who knows if someone has mail after see it ISP forward to SMS centre by us...

Matlab how to question?
I am a student of engineer, and I am in a course that's call numeric calculus. I have to do a shore an I'm stuck in a question. I have to minimize the error of an aproximation and make a matlab program that do that, just receiving a few points in two dimensions. More clearly, I will receive a table with 20 points, like (x1,y1)(x2,y2)...(x20,y20), and with the method "ortogonal square minimus" (Something like that) I have to minimize the error of an aproximate polynomial. Some clues? I would apreciate a lot any help anyone may do. Thanks. jim In article <4025405.1180395885...

Matlab AM question
Dear all, I am trying to implement a very simple version of an AM receiver in Matlab but as I am new to this software package I seem to be getting nowhere. So far I have searched the web and Matlab books for examples that would help me to understand how this could be done without much success. I now this is probably a silly thing to ask but could anyone guide me in the right direction, i.e. links to websites, etc. or maybe provide me with a hints. Anything would help really. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks Justin. -- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------- "There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes" Fourth Doctor Who(Tom Baker) Doctor Who Web Site www.doctorwho.hopto.org "Justin Champion" <j.c.champion@staffs.ac.uk> wrote in news:30efnvF2vttghU1@uni-berlin.de: > > Dear all, > I am trying to implement a very simple version of an AM > receiver in > Matlab but as I am new to this software package I seem to be getting > nowhere. So far I have searched the web and Matlab books for examples > that would help me to understand how this could be done without much > success. I now this is probably a silly thing to ask but could anyone > guide me in the right direction, i.e. links to websites, etc. or maybe > provide me with a hints. Anything would help really. > > Your help is much appreciated. &g...

Questions, Questions...
Hi! I took the routine from Gastronor.mdb: In the frmOrderDetails -> ITemID_AfterUpdate: Dim strFilter as String strFilter = "ItemID = " & Me!ItemID but it didn't work on win 2000 with access 2000. However, after playing around for a while, I found: Me!UnitPrice = ItemID.Column(2) to work just fine, even after updating prices in the tblItems. Anybody knows why? The routine in win 98/win nt in the footer of frmOrderDetails: =Sum((Price*Amount*(1-[Discount])/100)*100)) didn't either work. After testing and trying I finally discovered that =Sum(Price*Amount*Discount) does the job on win 2000. ???? What is happening? Anybody know if there is a major difference in this thing from win98/win nt to win 2000? (I should maybe say that I'm working only with DAO 3.6) Questions: 1.I have my own four buttons on frmOrders (btnGoToFirst,btnGoToPRevious,btnGoToNext,btnGoToLast). How can I disable them: when user click GoToLast and comes to last order and I wish that btnGoToNext and btnGoToLast should be disabled, and similarly with the first record? Anybody know an article on this? 2.I have two invisible fields on the form. I=chkWritten and II=chkCreditMemo In the cmdWriteCreditMemo I want to check whether I and/or II is checked. Because the user should not be able to print a CreditMemo if either he forgot to print an invoice first, or if he already sendt both invoice and creditmemo to printer. I have been trying: if (Me.chkPrinted.Value=False) AND ...

Questions over questions
Hello people, I have a problem with my ISP! He kills my php script, if they were executed over 30 seconds. Can I use some trick to fake a little bit? That I can execute the script longer!? Greeting! Sven Dzepina wrote: > Hello people, > > I have a problem with my ISP! He kills my php script, if they were executed > over 30 seconds. > Can I use some trick to fake a little bit? That I can execute the script > longer!? > > Greeting! > > If your ISP doesn't run your script in safe mode, which it most likely does, then you can set_time_limit(0); for unlimited execution time. Otherwise there is probably no way to let it run longer. "John Downey" <blah@doesntexist.com> wrote in message news:8pdib.121103$xx4.20419112@twister.neo.rr.com... > Sven Dzepina wrote: > > > Hello people, > > > > I have a problem with my ISP! He kills my php script, if they were executed > > over 30 seconds. > > Can I use some trick to fake a little bit? That I can execute the script > > longer!? > > > > Greeting! > > > > > If your ISP doesn't run your script in safe mode, which it most likely > does, then you can set_time_limit(0); for unlimited execution time. > Otherwise there is probably no way to let it run longer. > I heard a rumour that the sleep() function resets the script execution time each time it's called. So if you use it in conjunction with a lo...

question in matlab
I have been plotted a 3D counter plot via the commands [C,h]=contour3(w,p,green3,10); t = clabel(C,h,'labelspacing',72) get(t(1)) with run the comment in matlab recived this output: Annotation = [ (1 by 1) hg.Annotation array] BackgroundColor = none Color = [0 0 0] DisplayName = EdgeColor = none Editing = off Extent = [0 0 0 0] FontAngle = normal FontName = Helvetica FontSize = [10] FontUnits = points FontWeight = normal HorizontalAlignment = center LineStyle = - LineWidth = [0.5] Margin = [2] Position = [-0.661507 0.649385 -0.01794] Rotation = [290.824] String = -0...

Few Questions About MATLAB
Hi, was wondering if anyone could help. there are a few things i need to know about some Matlab functions 1- if Pwelch and fft are used to find the Spectral Power Density. but how come when u apply them to the same data, the graphs look different? 2- when using the sendmail function, how does Matlab make the connection and send the data? ive looked at the code that Matlab uses for "sendmail" but its very difficult to understand. if anyone could help, i would be really greatful . thanks. ...

question about matlab
i made a *.m file with de next code q=1.6e-19; Vd=-80; Eo=8.85e-14; E=11.9*Eo; Na=logspace(10,19,20); E_rup_1=20+5*log(Na/1e14)+Na/1e17; E_rup_2=sqrt((-2*q*Na*Vd)/E)*1e-4; semilogx(Na,E_rup_1,Na,E_rup_2) I have ploted in logaritimic scale the functions, "E_rup_1" and "E_rup_2" depending off Na, on the plot and for a Na value, the 2 functions are equal. How can i get the Na value? Thanks If you're trying to graphically determine at which value(s) of Na the two curves are equal, try ginput. HELP GINPUT Kyle beporo wrote: > > > i made a *.m file with de n...

DSP question
Hi I am searching a DSP to test a DMT algorithm implementation The goal is to transmit a signal between two boards based on DSP + PPC 8260 Thanks Cheers ...

Blocks question / Matlab
I want to generate a series of numbers 0-360 (a series of degrees) to input the number to a block. Is there a Matlab block that can do this? Efthimios <eangelopoulos@gmail.com> wrote in message <0864d9b1-4702-4a5b-8fac-148e79ff0b7e@k36g2000pri.googlegroups.com>... > I want to generate a series of numbers 0-360 (a series of degrees) to > input the number to a block. > > Is there a Matlab block that can do this? > > > matlab doesn't have 'blocks'. the code to do this looks like 1:360 if you are talking about simulink there are many ways t...

matlab newbie question
I have never used matlab but I receievd an m file that simulates stochastic kinetic systems may I over the course of next few days post snippets of the codes to help me understand them? here're the first few lines. --- function result= gillespie(tf, v0) --- my question is, what is the reason for defining "result"? is result function of only two parameters? ( tf and v0) --- if nargin == 1 v0= 0.01; end; --- what does the above code do? it seems to give initial value of v0. but what about the If construct? what is it doing? Thanks all in adavnce for any insights. mesa_...

Question to DSP adepts
Hello Assume we want to implement an optimal photographic image interpolation algorithm. Using a recommended windowed sinc algorithm (e.g., Lanczos) would require evaluation of the sinc function (sin(x)/x) at variable arguments. Now I have an alternative algorithm which only requires evaluation of cosine values and multiplication, no variable division. Would this be advantageous on DSP architectures? I recall from prior DSP experiences that variable division is relatively expensive and better avoided in favor of multiplication. Can you confirm this opinion? Regards Guido Guido Vollbeding &...

A simple question in matlab
Hi everybody, I want to write: f=sum(sin(m*Pi*z/L), m = 0 .. 100) and plot the f function with the z interval [0,10]. But I couldn't do it. Can anyone help me? Thx. spmathsp <spmathsp@gmail.com> wrote in message <6478741.1207065427849.JavaMail.jakarta@nitrogen.mathforum.org>... > Hi everybody, > I want to write: > > f=sum(sin(m*Pi*z/L), m = 0 .. 100) > > and plot the f function with the z interval [0,10]. > > But I couldn't do it. Can anyone help me? 1. Start by defining z as a vector. Use linspace. 2. Evaluate the...

A Matlab question on Patch
Dear all, I am working on a Matlab GUI. I was able to load a patch (a human brain) into one axes of my figure. Now I would like to rotate the patch in various direction, change its transparency, color etc. I will be very grateful if you kindly tell me how to do it or suggest me any books or tutorials which deals with patch and GUI. Thank you very much for your help. Regards, Sharif In article <g4sod9$8df$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Shariful <bluepearlb@yahoo.com> wrote: >I am working on a Matlab GUI. I was able to load a patch (a >human brain) into one axes of my figure....

Web resources about - question about Matlab - comp.dsp

Apple responds to FBI iPhone hack, but questions remain
Yesterday, the FBI announced that it had managed to break into the San Bernardino shooter's iPhone sans help from Apple. The iPhone manufacturer ...

4 Questions That Unlock Brand Potential
It’s difficult to escape the pervasive influence that brands have on our lives. In the broadest sense, brands constitute the organizing mechanism ...

US Hacks iPhone, Ends Legal Battle But Questions Linger
The extraordinary legal fight pitting the Obama administration against technology giant Apple Inc. ended unexpectedly after the FBI said it used ...

Questions remain over deadly mystery bacteria in Midwest
Questions remain over deadly mystery bacteria in Midwest

U.S. hacks iPhone, ends legal battle but questions linger
The extraordinary legal fight pitting the Obama administration against technology giant Apple Inc. ended unexpectedly after the FBI said it used ...

FBI's iPhone hack raises troubling questions
The US Department of Justice says it was able to break into an iPhone without Apple's help, but it won't answer queries about the data it accessed. ...

EgyptAir hijacking raises security questions
CNN EgyptAir hijacking raises security questions CNN (CNN) You're the pilot of a passenger airliner. A flight attendant brings news: There's ...

FBI hack raises questions about iPhone security
The FBI hack of an iPhone 5c running iOS 9 may have left the device just a little bit insecure in the eyes of some users, as the agency has not ...

The big question for Republicans: Can they keep the Senate by bailing on Trump?
While some Republicans dream of a contested convention that will rip the party’s presidential nomination out of Donald Trump’s grasp, others—along ...