soft decoding of conv. codes using vitdec matlab func. #2

Hello,
    Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both case
vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case o
'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out sof
decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give me 2-
db gain over hard decoding...
any one having insight please let me know.
thanks

comp.dsp 20333 articles. 1 followers. allnor (8509) is leader. Post Follow

>Hello,
>    Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both cases
>vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case of
>'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out soft
>decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give m
2-3
>db gain over hard decoding...
>any one having insight please let me know.
>thanks

%%%

Yes , u can use 'unquant' as soft decoding. try to implement for k=3 i.e
[5 7] and BPSK and at roughly 4 dB u should get BER of 10^-3.

Chintan
0
cpshah99 (335)

soft decoding of conv. codes using vitdec matlab func.
Hello, Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both case vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case o 'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out sof decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give me 2- db gain over hard decoding... any one having insight please let me know. thanks ...

Soft Decoding Using vitdec #2
I am trying to use the soft decoding option in vitdec, but it accepts soft inputs in the form [0, 2^nsdec-1]. So, for example, for nsec =5, it accepts in the form [0, 31]. However, the demodulator functions in MATLAB (using the modem object) output soft decisions in [-2^(nsdec-1), 2^(nsec-1)] intervals, i.e. [-16, 16]. Would simply shifting, flipping and scaling of the soft output of modulator serve a good result for vitdec? Or is there any other way to convert it? I have looked at the source code 'bertool' to investigate how it does that, but that code seems to complex. Any help i...

Can you use zlib from Matlab, only using native Matlab code? #2
Hello, I'm trying to decompress a file using zlib, for use by my Matlab function. Currently I'm doing it by calling Python midway through my function, but I would like to make it so that I don't need to have Python installed on whatever computer I'm trying to run my function on. I was wondering if there was a way for me to use zlib just using native Matlab code. I don't know much about compression/decompression, so I'm open to any suggestions. I've been searching around for a while, and haven't found anything. Thanks very much On Tue, 05 May 2009 15:24:01 -0400, Thomas Dickinson <geoffrey.seaborn@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I'm trying to decompress a file using zlib, for use by my Matlab > function. Currently I'm doing it by calling Python midway through my > function, but I would like to make it so that I don't need to have > Python installed on whatever computer I'm trying to run my function on. > > I was wondering if there was a way for me to use zlib just using > native Matlab code. I don't know much about compression/decompression, > so I'm open to any suggestions. I've been searching around for a while, > and haven't found anything. > > Thanks very much You cuold try GUNZIP, which the doc says 'uncompresses GNU zip files', not sure if this is the same as zlib though. On May 5, 12:24=A0pm, "Thomas Dickinson" ...

Conversion from a MATLAB code to a C code used by a DSP processor
Hello, I need to implement image processing in a Digital Signal Processor. I have a code ready in MATLAB, I have tried using MATLAB Coder, but its unable to go past the first line: the imread() function. I have installed the C compiler from MATLAB and that is all. How do I go about the whole of the conversion process? Do I need to install something else? ...

how to use wav file in soft-decision decoding using convolutional codes
hello! i am using bernoulli binary generator in soft-decision decoding. can anyone help me how to use wav file in soft-decision decoding? my professor told me so to use wav file strictly not bernoulli as my input. i tried to work on it but i dont know what to do in order the wav file to be feed in convolutional encoder. i hope you can help me guys. this will be a very great help. thank you ...

how to use wav file in soft-decision decoding using convolutional codes (part2)
hi guys! i am currently using this model (just type "doc_softdecision" in the command window) how am i going to change the bernoulli to wav file? if i directly connect the wav file to convolutional encoder, it has an error and i dont know how to fix it. my professor wants me to use wav file strictly. please help me on how to simulate this model. thank you! :) ...

how to build a program for convolution in matlab but not using the conv function(use only 2 for command)
hi, i have to do a programming in matlab and that is build a program for convolution and print out the answer and then plot the graph. example: convolution of cos(t) and exp(-10t) after convol have to plot the graph with respect to t please help me..... On 31 Jan 05 09:32:31 -0500 (EST), pepsi wrote: >hi, i have to do a programming in matlab >and that is build a program for convolution and print out the answer >and then plot the graph. > >example: > >convolution of cos(t) and exp(-10t) > >after convol have to plot the graph with respect to t > >please h...

converting c++ code to Matlab code using Matlab 9
im working on a project using matlab. i want to use some of the already writen codes in C++. i want to use these codes in my project rather than writing them from scratch. is there some way or a chunk of code that might convert C++ code to matlab code or a ".c" file to ".m" file. please if anyone knows do let me know at the earliest.thanks "fatima " <fatima_naseem2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message <i8ugqn$e9p$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > im working on a project using matlab. i want to use some of the already writen codes in C++. i want to use these codes in my project rather than writing them from scratch. is there some way or a chunk of code that might convert C++ code to matlab code or a ".c" file to ".m" file. please if anyone knows do let me know at the earliest.thanks Hi, If the code is already written in C++, then make a self-contained function out of it and create a mex file. Wayne ...

MATLAB coding for VITERBI DECODING #2
Sir, I request u a coding for VITERBI DECODING algorithm. Thanking u Umar Farook.S ...

Audio jamming using white noise (Matlab code) #2
Hi anybdy have any idea how can a baseband audio sound can be supressed or jammed using a white gaussian noise and how the result can be shown in Matlab. any help will be appreciated. -Shruti How can it be shown? Model it. Not many lines of code. See for yourself. Dirk shruti wrote: > Hi > anybdy have any idea how can a baseband audio sound can be supressed or > jammed using a white gaussian noise and how the result can be shown in > Matlab. > > any help will be appreciated. > > -Shruti shruti wrote: > Hi > anybdy have any idea how can a baseband audio s...

Porting Matlab code for use in iPhone App development #2
Hi, I am using a variety of image processing algorithms for segmentation in a matlab file, and would like to port this over into an app that can be used on an iphone. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can do this? Im just not sure how to transition to the Objective C framework in the iOS development framework, from the MATLAB environment. Thanks! You probably figured this out by now but... Can you build a C library? Remember that Objective-C is a super set of C, so any C code is valid Objective-C code. I would love hear if you had any luck with this... ...

How to use MATLAB's capabilities from JAVA coded programs #2
Hi, I am a final year student and am currently doing a project that requires me to develop GUIs for simulation of dynamical systems. I have conventionally been a JAVA programmer and haven't had much experience with MATLAB. My recent play around with MATLAB was not as pleasant as I expected it to be ,as I took quite some time to get used to the format and syntaxes,functions,etc. Moreover I found the MATLAB environment to be not as sophisticated as Eclipse. BUT I was really impressed by MATLAB's graphing abilities and how easy it was to use them. Therefore, I was wondering if it is possible to code the program in JAVA but be able to use MATLAB's graphing functions and other functions by simply calling functions from JAVA. Ideally I am looking for a solution where I code in JAVA and then call MATLAB functions (like plot,etc) which would give me back either resultant data or draw the graph itself. I did a search on the internet regarding this and it was not very clear. Thanks! P.S.- I am currently running MATLAB 7.8.0(R2009a). ...

The decoding algorithm used in Matlab LDPC decoder
Hi All, I have used Matlab inbuilt LDPC decoder 'fec.ldpcdec()' function. I have considered soft-decision decoding. I would like to know which decoding algorithm is used by the Matlab. Can anyone please answer this question. Thanks in advance. _____________________________ Posted through www.DSPRelated.com ...

MATLAB program code on Voltage Sag Analysis Using Monte Carlo Simulation Approach #2
Hi, I am doing a case study on Monte Carlo Simulation Approach on Voltage Sag prediction and I am asked to write a MATLAB program to get the graphs which are shown in the article. The details of the case are as below: The approach presented in this paper is based on random generation of disturbances, and assumes that sags are due only to faults caused within the distribution network. The test system is simulated as many times as required to achieve the convergence of the monte Carlo method. Everytime the system is run, fault characteristics are randomly generated using the following paramet...

How to normalize data(containing one row) between -2 and 2, I require the matlab code for this. Can any one help me. #2
How to normalize a single row data between -2 and 2, I require the matlab code for this. Can any one help me. ...

About decoding punctured turbo codes using dual codes
I have read several articles dealing with inverse puncturing and dual codes for decoding punctured concatenated convolutional codes. I have a find an efficient way to decode punctured serially convolutional concatenated code (SCCC). I have first tried to use a classic serial turbo-code scheme (with SISO modules), but I have to improve my results by almost 1dB. My question is : do you think that we may obtain better BER performances using dual codes and these methods than with just the classic structure ? Or is there a trick ? Thank you very much for your help. GM geraldmanfroid <inscriptionalacon@gmail.com> wrote: >I have read several articles dealing with inverse puncturing and dual codes >for decoding punctured concatenated convolutional codes. >I have a find an efficient way to decode punctured serially convolutional >concatenated code (SCCC). I have first tried to use a classic serial >turbo-code scheme (with SISO modules), but I have to improve my results by >almost 1dB. >My question is : do you think that we may obtain better BER performances >using dual codes and these methods than with just the classic structure ? I'm not aware of absolutely all research results but: No, I don't think you will obtain better performance. You will get the same performance. Also the SCC will always be a few tenths of a dB worse than the PCC. Over AWGN, the PCC should be within about 0.8 dB of capacity (Pollara's capacity) for long...

Converting Matlab code to C using Matlab Compiler
Hello All, Please can I get some guidance on how to Convert a structure from Matlab code to C code using Matlab Compiler. Kind regards Sammy ...

MATLAB Code for simualting the spreading using Walsh Codes
A = [-1 -1 1 1]; %Spread waveform representation of user A's signal B = [-1 1 -1 1]; %Spread waveform representation of user B's signal C = [1 1 -1 -1]; %Spread waveform representation of user C's signal % Generating the code and its timing sequence: % to generate a 4 x 4 Hadamard matrix (which is the matrix of 1's and -1's % and the columns are orthogonal): N = 4; H = hadamard(N); % Picking full second row of Hadamard matrix: cA = H(2,:); % Picking full third row of Hadamard matrix: cB = H(3,:); % Picking full fourth row of Hadamard matrix: cC = H(4,:); ...

need matlab code for 2-d filtering #2
hey all, i am doing project on digital image processing. i need matlab code for 2-d filtering. can anybody help me for that. thanks. roksy please talk more specifically about your question, since the 2-d filtering itself could make a book of 500 pages. What kind of image you have and what output you want? ...

What code does matlab use for Matrix multiplication? Does it use Strassen?
I am getting unexpectedly fast results using matlab's matrix multiplication and I am wondering if it is doing something besides straight multiplication, such as using strassen's algorithm. I am benchmarking the matrix multiply at over 30 GigaFlops on my cpu, however, I am running only one thread (using -singleCompThread at startup), and my computer is 2.25 Ghz. Since I am doing single precision, SSE instructions allow 4 multiplies or adds per instruction, this allows 9 Gigaflops. Most computers can execute multiple instructions at once, however I know from my own tests, and consulting the intel manual: http://www.intel.com/content/dam/doc/manual/64-ia-32-architectures-optimization-manual.pdf (table C-10 and C-10A) that my computer can do at most 2 floating point operations in one cycle. This puts the theoretical maximum bound at 18Gigaflops, yet MATLAB seems to give much higher performance. How can this be? Below is my code that I tested with sz=2.^(0:12) for s=1:numel(sz) A=rand(sz(s),sz(s),'single'); tic; A'*A; t=toc; fprintf('sz=%d, time=%3.3gms, GFlops=%3.3g\n', sz(s), t*1000, 2*size(A,1)^3/1e9/t) end OUTPUT sz=1, time=0.0457ms, GFlops=4.37e-005 sz=2, time=0.0199ms, GFlops=0.000803 sz=4, time=0.00634ms, GFlops=0.0202 sz=8, time=0.0086ms, GFlops=0.119 sz=16, time=0.0086ms, GFlops=0.952 sz=32, time=0.029ms, GFlops=2.26 sz=64, time=0.0503ms, GFlops=10.4 sz=128, time=0.268ms, GFlops=15.7 sz=25...

source(.wav file)--->A/D(PCM)---->coding---->modulation(QPSK)--->Chanel(+ nois)--->demodulation--->decoding----> D/A--->sound(.wav file) MATLAB #2
How to approach the problem source(.wav file)--->A/D(PCM)---->coding---->modulation(QPSK)--->Chane l(+ nois)--->demodulation--->decoding----> D/A--->sound(.wav file) MATLAB ...

how to use assembly code inside the C code for tigersharc dsp
hi friends, can someone pls tell me how to use the assembly code for tigersharc dsp i between C code? This message was sent using the Comp.DSP web interface o www.DSPRelated.com mmonica wrote: > hi friends, > can someone pls tell me how to use the assembly code for tigersharc dsp in > between C code? > > Every tool does this differently. Read your manual. You will probably want to have a good idea of what assembly the compiler generates for a given chunk of C. -- Tim Wescott Wescott Design Services http://www.wescottdesign.com Tim Wescott wrote: > mmonica wrot...

Call C code from Matlab -> Matlab crash #2
Hello, I have a problem calling C code from Matlab. The mex file compilation is ok. When I run the program Matlab (7.3) crashes. Below is the mexFunction code. Any idea is welcome. (I think the main part of the code (middle part) is not useful for the crash problem, but I put it anyway). //########################################################### #include "math.h" #include "mex.h" void mexFunction (int nlhs, mxArray *plhs[], int nrhs, const mxArray *prhs[]) { // Standard variables int p,r,h,i,j,f,w; // Indices for loop int MAX_NBM = 1000; int MAX_DIM = 10; in...

How to use matlab codes in a stand alone application without matlab license?
Hi, &nbsp; I am not an expert in programming and i don't know about C++, i have a program using matlab codes and now i want to transfer it to a computer without matlab license. I've read something about using DLL, but i think i have to know C++ programming&nbsp; to wrtie "WRAPPER" and add some lines to the program, now transformed in C++. &nbsp; I just would llike&nbsp;to know that really isn't any other way to integrate matlab for a stand-alone application? i read somethings in Matlab help about using COM (Common Object Model ) but i am not sure that labview works with it, and also about runtime engine and "mglinstaller.exe". &nbsp; &nbsp; my labview&nbsp;version is 8, matlab is&nbsp;2006, and the real problem is using matlab codes in another computer without matlab license. &nbsp; Thanks Amir Hi, agian so thanks, but i read somewhere in forum that mathscript is not working in run-time application, then i think&nbsp; i have to use really matlab and not machscript. Hey Amir, &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I found some information that may help this issue.&nbsp; See if the following info resolves your situation:" The problem is that although you can save your function or script anywhere on your computer, the software by default only looks in the following folder:C:\Documents and Settings\....\My Documents\LabVIEW DataYou should go in and physically specify the MathScript software to look into...

Web resources about - soft decoding of conv. codes using vitdec matlab func. #2 - comp.dsp

Decoding methods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In coding theory , decoding is the process of translating received messages into codewords of a given code . There have been many common methods ...

Decoding Chart - Levels for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Decoding Chart - Levels on the App Store. Download Decoding Chart - ...

Rockchip shows H.265 and WebM VP9 video decoding on RK3188 - YouTube
Rockchip shows the world's first H.265 and VP9 advanced video playback on their Rockchip RK3188 processor. Right now Rockchip is doing this software ...

G20: Decoding the alphabet soup of official spin-offs
As the G20 emerged as the world's most influential economic club in the wake of the global financial crisis it spawned an alphabet soup of official ...

Decoding millennial mystery
Zeroes or heroes? Will Gen Y please explain themselves?

Decoding the NBN - NBN For Dummies - NBN Update
Jonathan Swan wades through the tech-speak and point-scoring for a practical guide to the NBN.

Decoding subliminal messaging designed into food packaging
There are fewer red Smarties in the package these days. Even though the Smarties box is actually bigger. It is all part of grand design to seduce ...

DNA decoding to be used to map foodborne disease outbreaks
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is beginning a program to outsmart foodborne disease outbreaks by routinely decoding the bugs' ...

‘Flare’ magazine apologizes for ‘decoding Jian Ghomeshi’s courthouse style’ article
'Flare' magazine apologized Friday for an online article which dissected disgraced former CBC radio host Jian Ghomeshi's choice of clothing for ...

Decoding the breakout of thick haze
People's Daily Online Decoding the breakout of thick haze People's Daily Online According to a recent research by the Chinese Academy of Science ...