f



TI & CCS - rts.lib problem? "Error, Don't know how to build file "C:\ti\tutorial[...]""

I've just recently moved from SHARC & Visual DSP to TIC6713 with Code 
Composer Studio.

I am working through the tutorials and I have met a problem:

In the second tutorial "Project Management" I follow the instructions 
but when I try to build the project I get:

=====================================================
-------------------------  maxminlibrary.pjt - Debug  
-------------------------
Error, Don't know how to build file "C:\ti\tutorial\dsk6713\maxminmath
\maxminlibrary.cmd"

[maximumvalue.c] "c:\ti\c6000\cgtools\bin\cl6x" -g -q -
fr"C:/ti/myprojects/myapplication/maxminlibrary/Debug" -d"_DEBUG" -
mv6700 -@"maxminlibrary/Debug.lkf" "maximumvalue.c"

[minimumvalue.c] "c:\ti\c6000\cgtools\bin\cl6x" -g -q -
fr"C:/ti/myprojects/myapplication/maxminlibrary/Debug" -d"_DEBUG" -
mv6700 -@"maxminlibrary/Debug.lkf" "minimumvalue.c"

[Archiving...] "c:\ti\c6000\cgtools\bin\ar6x" @"Debug.lkf"
  ==>  new archive 'C:\ti\myprojects\myapplication\maxminlibrary\Debug
\maxminlibrary.lib'
  ==>  building archive 'C:\ti\myprojects\myapplication\maxminlibrary
\Debug\maxminlibrary.lib'

Build Complete,  1 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks.
=====================================================

The only place I have to deviate from the instructions is the section 
that states:
"Browse to c:\ti\c6000\cgtools\lib\, select rts.lib and click Open."
Well, I don't have a rts.lib, but I do have these in that directory. I 
chose rts6700.lib. Somewhat randomly.

lnk.cmd
rts.src
rts6200.lib
rts6200e.lib
rts6201.lib
rts6201e.lib
rts6400.lib
rts6400e.lib
rts6700.lib
rts6700e.lib
rts6701.lib
rts6701e.lib

While the CCS documentation is *excellent* when compared to visual DSP, 
they often explain "what to do" rather than "why", which makes 
troubleshooting this alone quite difficult. Is the rts file the problem 
here?

-- 
Toby
0
google247 (1038)
10/6/2004 11:11:40 AM
comp.dsp 20333 articles. 1 followers. allnor (8509) is leader. Post Follow

3 Replies
660 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 5

My guess from the output is that you are making a archive (.lib) from
the project. In CCS environment the project can be either archive
(.lib) or executable type(.out). You don't attach a command file (or
rts.lib) to the archive project. That is only valid for a
executable(.out) project. Probably the mistake you have made is while
creating the project, you chose the wrong type, i.e. a archive project
instead of an executable project.

Let me know if that is not the case.

Regards
Piyush



Toby Newman <google@asktoby.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.1bcde34aeee69555989b30@localhost>...
> I've just recently moved from SHARC & Visual DSP to TIC6713 with Code 
> Composer Studio.
> 
> I am working through the tutorials and I have met a problem:
> 
> In the second tutorial "Project Management" I follow the instructions 
> but when I try to build the project I get:
> 
> =====================================================
> -------------------------  maxminlibrary.pjt - Debug  
> -------------------------
> Error, Don't know how to build file "C:\ti\tutorial\dsk6713\maxminmath
> \maxminlibrary.cmd"
> 
> [maximumvalue.c] "c:\ti\c6000\cgtools\bin\cl6x" -g -q -
> fr"C:/ti/myprojects/myapplication/maxminlibrary/Debug" -d"_DEBUG" -
> mv6700 -@"maxminlibrary/Debug.lkf" "maximumvalue.c"
> 
> [minimumvalue.c] "c:\ti\c6000\cgtools\bin\cl6x" -g -q -
> fr"C:/ti/myprojects/myapplication/maxminlibrary/Debug" -d"_DEBUG" -
> mv6700 -@"maxminlibrary/Debug.lkf" "minimumvalue.c"
> 
> [Archiving...] "c:\ti\c6000\cgtools\bin\ar6x" @"Debug.lkf"
>   ==>  new archive 'C:\ti\myprojects\myapplication\maxminlibrary\Debug
> \maxminlibrary.lib'
>   ==>  building archive 'C:\ti\myprojects\myapplication\maxminlibrary
> \Debug\maxminlibrary.lib'
> 
> Build Complete,  1 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks.
> =====================================================
> 
> The only place I have to deviate from the instructions is the section 
> that states:
> "Browse to c:\ti\c6000\cgtools\lib\, select rts.lib and click Open."
> Well, I don't have a rts.lib, but I do have these in that directory. I 
> chose rts6700.lib. Somewhat randomly.
> 
> lnk.cmd
> rts.src
> rts6200.lib
> rts6200e.lib
> rts6201.lib
> rts6201e.lib
> rts6400.lib
> rts6400e.lib
> rts6700.lib
> rts6700e.lib
> rts6701.lib
> rts6701e.lib
> 
> While the CCS documentation is *excellent* when compared to visual DSP, 
> they often explain "what to do" rather than "why", which makes 
> troubleshooting this alone quite difficult. Is the rts file the problem 
> here?
0
piyushkaul (46)
10/7/2004 4:16:14 AM
# Piyush Kaul
> My guess from the output is that you are making a archive (.lib) from
> the project. In CCS environment the project can be either archive
> (.lib) or executable type(.out). You don't attach a command file (or
> rts.lib) to the archive project. That is only valid for a
> executable(.out) project. Probably the mistake you have made is while
> creating the project, you chose the wrong type, i.e. a archive project
> instead of an executable project.

I was actually intending to make a .lib project. The documentation told 
me to add the command file and rts.lib.

I tried it without them and it compiles fine. Must be a documentation 
mistake... Thanks for your help.

Looking inside the command file, it looks like it tells CCS where in the 
target's memory to load the parts of the program. Things like:

        .text    > IPRAM
        .bss     > IDRAM

CCS won't open rts.lib, but dragging it into notepad it looks like a 
binary.

What are those two files for? 

-- 
Toby
0
google247 (1038)
10/7/2004 10:28:33 AM
The linker command (.cmd) file is for telling the linker how the
memory is arranged and where to put the various sections in memory.
The rts.lib is an implemetation of standard 'c' funtions library.
Things like malloc, string functions etc. are part of this. The c
environment initialization is also part of this library.

Regards
Piyush

Toby Newman <google@asktoby.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.1bcf2aaf69871b79989b43@localhost>...
> # Piyush Kaul
> > My guess from the output is that you are making a archive (.lib) from
> > the project. In CCS environment the project can be either archive
> > (.lib) or executable type(.out). You don't attach a command file (or
> > rts.lib) to the archive project. That is only valid for a
> > executable(.out) project. Probably the mistake you have made is while
> > creating the project, you chose the wrong type, i.e. a archive project
> > instead of an executable project.
> 
> I was actually intending to make a .lib project. The documentation told 
> me to add the command file and rts.lib.
> 
> I tried it without them and it compiles fine. Must be a documentation 
> mistake... Thanks for your help.
> 
> Looking inside the command file, it looks like it tells CCS where in the 
> target's memory to load the parts of the program. Things like:
> 
>         .text    > IPRAM
>         .bss     > IDRAM
> 
> CCS won't open rts.lib, but dragging it into notepad it looks like a 
> binary.
> 
> What are those two files for?
0
piyushkaul (46)
10/8/2004 3:33:58 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

""""""""""""""""""""""ADD ME""""""""""""""""""""
Hi , Hope you are doing great. Please let me take this opportunity to introduce myself, Iam Karthik working with BhanInfo Inc, a NY based company. We have consultants on our bench on various technologies, my request is to add me to your distribution list and kindly do send me the requirements. i have the below list available 1. Mainframe 2. Java 3.. Financial Analyst 4. Data Architect If there is any vendor ship agreement which has to be signed then I would like to take an opportunity to represent my company and expect your cooperation... We look forward to build a ve...

A problem about "[ ]" "( )" "="
I want to read several images saved in a director,and give them to I1,I2 ,I3....,using the following codes: filelist=dir(['c:\MATLAB701\work\...\*.jpg']); for i=1 :length(filelist) I=imread(fullfile('c:\MATLAB701\work\...',filelist(i).name)); end; but failed. Then I used I(i)=imread... ,still failed. How could I do? "John" <mailofww@126.com> wrote in message news:ef19e12.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... >I want to read several images saved in a director,and give them to > I1,I2 ,I3....,using the following codes: > filelist=dir(['c:\MATLAB701\work\.....

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""
Hi , Hope you are doing great. Please let me take this opportunity to introduce myself, Iam Karthik working with BhanInfoi Inc, a NY based company. We have consultants on our bench on various technologies, my request is to add me to your distribution list and kindly do send me the requirements. i have the below list available 1. Mainframe 2. Java 3.. Financial Analyst 4. Data Architect If there is any vendor ship agreement which has to be signed then I would like to take an opportunity to represent my company and expect your cooperation... ...

how to make ["a","b",["c","d"],"e"] into ['a', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e'] ?
--001a11c34e8edbc7c404f6a94bbe Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 >>> x=["a","b",["c","d"],"e"] >>> y=x[2] >>> y ['c', 'd'] >>> x.insert(2,y[0]) >>> x ['a', 'b', 'c', ['c', 'd'], 'e'] >>> x.insert(3,y[1]) >>> x ['a', 'b', 'c', 'd', ['c', 'd'], 'e'] >>> del x[4] >>> x ['a', 'b', 'c', 'd', &#...

Urgent Requirement in """""""""""""NEW YORK""""""""""""""""
Hello Partners, Please find the requirement below. Please send the updated resume along with rate and contact no. REQ#1: Title : Java Developer ( Rating Project) Duration : 6 months Rate : open Location : NY strong java, WebLogic 9.2, Web Services, Oracle REQ#2: Title : Java Developer Duration : 4 months Rate : open Location : NY Strong java, SQL REQ#3: Title : VB.Net Consultant Location : NY Duration : 4 months Rate : open Primarily looking at someone who has Excel, VB.net a...

"out" and "in out"
Hi i found the following explaination: In Ada, "in" parameters are similar to C++ const parameters. They are effectively read-only within the scope of the called subprogram. Ada "in out" parameters have a reliable initial value (that passed in from the calling subprogram) and may be modified within the scope of the called procedure. Ada "out" parameters have no reliable initial value, but are expected to be assigned a value within the called procedure. What does "have no reliable initial value" mean when considering the "out" parameter? By c...

"or" and "and"
Hi, I'm just getting to discover ruby, but I find it very nice programming language. I just still don't understand how the "or" and "and" in ruby... I was playing with ruby and for example made a def to print Stem and Leaf plot (for those who didn't have a statistics course or slept on it, e.g. http://cnx.org/content/m10157/latest/) Here is the Beta version of it: class Array def n ; self.size ; end def stem_and_leaf(st = 1) # if st != (2 or 5 or 10) then ; st = 1 ; end k = Hash.new(0) self.each {|x| k[x.to_f] += 1 } k = k.sort{|a, b| a[0].to_f <=&g...

about "++" and "--"
why this program snippet display "8,7,7,8,-7,-8" the program is: main() { int i=8; printf("%d\n%d\n%d\n%d\n%d\n%d\n",++i,--i,i++,i--,-i++,-i--); } > why this program snippet display "8,7,7,8,-7,-8" Ask your compiler-vendor because this result is IMHO implementation-defined. Check this out: http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/misc-technical-issues.html#faq-39.15 http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/misc-technical-issues.html#faq-39.16 Regards, Irina Marudina fxc123@gmail.com wrote: > why this program snippet display "8,7,7,8,-7,-8&q...

"my" and "our"
Hi, while testing a program, I erroneously declared the same variable twice within a block, the first time with "my", the second time with "our": { my $fz = 'VTX_Link'; .... ( around 200 lines of code, all in the same block) our $fz = 'VTX_Linkset'; ... } So the initial contents of the $fz declared with "my" is lost, because "our" creates a lexical alias for the global $fz, thus overwriting the previous "my" declaration. It was my error, no question. But I wonder why Perl doesn't mention this - even with "use s...

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"
I have a raw data set which is a hierarchical file: H 321 s. main st P Mary E 21 F P william m 23 M P Susan K 3 F H 324 S. Main St I use the folowing code to read the data to creat one observation per detail(P) record including hearder record(H): data test; infile 'C:\Documents and Settings\retain.txt'; retain Address; input type $1. @; if type='H' then input @3 Address $12.; if type='P' then input @3 Name $10. @13 Age 3. @16 Gender $1.; run; but the output is not what I want: 1 321 s. main H 2 321 s. main P Mary E 21 F 3 321 s...

"/a" is not "/a" ?
Hi everybody, while testing a module today I stumbled on something that I can work around but I don't quite understand. >>> a = "a" >>> b = "a" >>> a == b True >>> a is b True >>> c = "/a" >>> d = "/a" >>> c == d True # all good so far >>> c is d False # eeeeek! Why c and d point to two different objects with an identical string content rather than the same object? Manu Emanuele D'Arrigo wrote: >>>> c = "/a" >>>&...

why "::", not "."
Why does the method of modules use a dot, and the constants a double colon? e.g. Math::PI and Math.cos -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. On Oct 26, 2010, at 01:48 , Oleg Igor wrote: > Why does the method of modules use a dot, and the constants a double > colon? > e.g. > Math::PI and Math.cos For the same reason why inner-classes/modules use double colon, because = they're constants and that's how you look up via constant namespace. Math::PI and ActiveRecord::Base are the same type of lookup... it is = just that Base is a module and PI is a float....

Urgent Requirement for """""""""""""""INFORMATICA DEVELOPER"""""""""""""
Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirements below. Title: Database/ETL Developer Duration: 6 months Location: NY Exp: 7+ Locals preferred Database/ETL requirements (Mandatory) Candidate must have worked with financial instruments, preferably Mutual Funds but, Equities are also ok. PL/SQL - packages, Stored procs, Functions, Aggregate functions, Pipelined Functions Informatica 8.6 - especially complex mappings, complex maplets, complex workflows, transformations Oracle 10g/11g Unix/Linux shell scripting ...

Urgent need """""""""""INFORMATICA DEVELOPER"""""""""""""
Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirements below. Title: Database/ETL Developer Duration: 6 months Location: NY Exp: 7+ Locals preferred Database/ETL requirements (Mandatory) Candidate must have worked with financial instruments, preferably Mutual Funds but, Equities are also ok. PL/SQL - packages, Stored procs, Functions, Aggregate functions, Pipelined Functions Informatica 8.6 - especially complex mappings, complex maplets, complex workflows, transformations Oracle 10g/11g Unix/Linux shell scripting Database/ETL requirements (Optional) ...

[Q] How to escape "\a" "\b" "\c" "\f" "\n" "\r" "\t" "\v" in the string output?
Hi, there. Belows are some example strings which stand for M$ Windows directory path. How can I escape the special meanings like "\a", "\n", "\r" in these M$ Windows directory name strings? C:\amail\dir1\nbar C:\bmail\dir2\tbar C:\cmail\dir3\afoo C:\fmail\dir4\vfoo C:\nmail\dir5\fbar C:\rmail\dir6\abar C:\tmail\dir7\vfoo C:\vmail\dir8\cfoo Thanks in advance. In article <1161145522.072002.20370@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com>, "yh" <y.hosang@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, there. > > Belows are some example strings which stand for M$ Wi...

Web resources about - TI & CCS - rts.lib problem? "Error, Don't know how to build file "C:\ti\tutorial[...]"" - comp.dsp

Resources last updated: 2/11/2016 1:28:23 PM