Wideband DOA estimation

Hi,
I am working on DOA estimation using super resolution methods for wideban
signals, I am in need matlab code for wideband MUSIC and ESPRIT coherren
and incoherrent.
Your help regarding these will benifit me a lot.
Thanks in advance
Khan

comp.dsp 20333 articles. 1 followers. allnor (8509) is leader. Post Follow

sherrykhan78 wrote:
> Hi,
> I am working on DOA estimation using super resolution methods for wideband
> signals, I am in need matlab code for wideband MUSIC and ESPRIT coherrent
> and incoherrent.

First, the mentioned methods are based on the narrow-band signal model.
It is not obvious how to extend such methods to the wideband situation.
If your work (some thesis?) is based on such a method being available,
you would have to implement it yourself. This is, at best, a highly
speculative R&D area, so you don't want to depend on other people's
work here.

I don't have the faintest clue how the term "incoherent" is in any way
relevant to the MUSIC and ESPRIT methods. The basis of these methods
is that the incoming signal is coherent across the reciever array. If
the
signal for some reason is incoherent, these methods break down.

Rune

0
allnor (8509)

DOA Estimation
Hi all, I am working in Array Signal Processing. In that i need DOA estimation. So if any one had Matlab code for DOA Estimation or any one can tell how to fine DOA, it would be great help So please help me Thanks in advance chowdary, chowdarydv@yahoo.com (Chowdary) wrote in message news:<bbcefd36.0404211904.69bdc056@posting.google.com>... > Hi all, > I am working in Array Signal Processing. In that i need DOA > estimation. So if any one had Matlab code for DOA Estimation or any > one can tell how to fine DOA, it would be great help > So please help me Check out ...

DSP of Wideband Signals
In wideband systems such as CDMA (DSSS) and IR-UWB, the analog signal at the receiver is very wide even though the datarate may be relatively small. Therefore in order for demodulation and detection to be performed in the digital domain, very fast ADCs and front-end DSP must be utilized. In some modern IR-UWB systems, this may not be feasible due to the extreme bandwidth (>1 GHz) of the signals. Since the underlying data rate is relatively low, much of this bandwidth is "redundant" in some sense. My question is this: do techniques exist in which some of the initial demodulation is performed in the analog domain, the output of which is a much smaller bandwidth signal that can then be more tractably (and economically!) converted and processed in the digital domain? I'd love to hear ideas on this. -- % Randy Yates % "So now it's getting late, %% Fuquay-Varina, NC % and those who hesitate %%% 919-577-9882 % got no one..." %%%% <yates@ieee.org> % 'Waterfall', *Face The Music*, ELO http://www.digitalsignallabs.com On Apr 4, 8:56 am, Randy Yates <ya...@ieee.org> wrote: > In wideband systems such as CDMA (DSSS) and IR-UWB, the analog signal at > the receiver is very wide even though the datarate may be relatively > small. Therefore in order for demodulation and detection to be performed > in the digital domain, very fast ADCs and front-end DSP must be > u...

DOA estimation #2
i have implemented MUSIC and ESPRIT algorithm using Matlab.i want to know what are the variations or modifications that can be done to these algorithms.i have studied effect of varying SNR,antenna elements,angular separation on these algorithms.but something more is required. On 27 Nov, 14:29, preetigup...@gmail.com wrote: > i have implemented MUSIC and ESPRIT algorithm using Matlab.i want to > know what are the variations or modifications =A0that can be done to > these algorithms.i have studied effect of varying SNR,antenna > elements,angular separation on these algorithms.but something more is > required. With ESPRIT you can check the Least Means Square method against the Total Least Squares method. With MUSIC you can check e.g. Classical MUSIC agains Root MUSIC (I remember having read somewhere about a Pop MUSIC variation too...) The most interesting tests are with model mis-match scenarios. Both these methods are designed with a non-damped unscaled expunential signal in mind. Try them with either a damping term or a scale term and see how well they perform. Then try and increase the number of signals. At some point, near N/2 where N is the number of elements in the array, you might notice some changes in the behaviour of the methods. Rune >On 27 Nov, 14:29, preetigup...@gmail.com wrote: >> i have implemented MUSIC and ESPRIT algorithm using Matlab.i want to >> know what are the variations or modifications =A0that can be done to >>...

MUSIC and DOA Estimation
Hi, In the literature, there is a common claim made that the performance of MUSIC for direction of arrival estimation (DOA) is affected when the wrong number of directional sources is assumed. There is no argument presented to support this claim, nor any references given, just the claim. I am curious what the basis for this claim is. Although there are a variety of MUSIC-like methods and a this topic can get complicated, overall, it seems pretty fair to say that when you underestimate the number of sources, it is due to the presence of sources whose signals are weak (relative to the noise floor). In this case, the error would seem to be conservative and not affect the performance of MUSIC much (since the remaining signal subspace will still span the array manifold of the sources which are counted as being present). If you were using Spectral MUSIC, you would have more noise evrs to take the projection with (which is not a bad thing) and if you were using ROOT- MUSIC, the roots of the signals counted as being present would not be affected either. If you overestimate the number of sources, this would not be a problem for Spectral MUSIC, since the signal subspace will span the subspace of the steering vectors for the sources which are actually present. The only problem I can see is with ROOT-MUSIC, where if you factor a root from a spurious source, it will affect the subsequent roots of the actual sources present. Does this reasoning sound like the justification for the claim...

Number of sources in DOA estimation
Hi everyone, I have a question relating to direction-of-arrival (DOA) estimation for MIMO systems. When using an antenna array, would it be possible to estimate the DOA of more multipath sources than the number of antennas in the array? The DOA estimation algorithms used are those based on second-order statistics: subspace-based methods like MUSIC and maximum likelihood methods like SAGE. I would think that extracting more inputs (multipath sources) than outputs (responses of indivual antennas of the array) from a system seems doubtful. However, you can tell SAGE for example to extract a number of DOAs that is greater than the number of antenna sensors. I wonder if it would be reliable to do that? Thank you very much for your replies. Greetings, Emmeric On Dec 16, 10:31 am, Emmeric <emmeric.tan...@intec.ugent.be> wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I have a question relating to direction-of-arrival (DOA) estimation > for MIMO systems. When using an antenna array, would it be possible to > estimate the DOA of more multipath sources than the number of antennas > in the array? The DOA estimation algorithms used are those based on > second-order statistics: subspace-based methods like MUSIC and maximum > likelihood methods like SAGE. > > I would think that extracting more inputs (multipath sources) than > outputs (responses of indivual antennas of the array) from a system > seems doubtful. However, you can tell SAGE for example to extract a &g...

MATLAB code for DOA Estimation
Hi, Am new to MATLAB. Does anyone have sample code for Direction of Arrival Estimation using the Delay and Sum Beamformer? Shane ...

Real Time DOA Estimation
Hi all, I am just wondering how one can estimate DOA in real time. what kind of data we can get in real time for estimating the DOA. If any one have that kind of data for estimating the DOA and if u like to share please send me and also give some hints how to estimate DOA. Thanks chowdary, chowdarydv@yahoo.com (Chowdary) wrote in message news:<bbcefd36.0407221142.3e1c5201@posting.google.com>... > Hi all, > > I am just wondering how one can estimate DOA in real time. what > kind of data we can get in real time for estimating the DOA. If any > one have that kind o...

Time Delay between signals in DOA Estimation
Hi all, I am working on the problem of DOA estimation. I have two signals whose angle should be estimated. can any one tell me how to introduce time delay between the two signals. if any had matlab code for this that would be great. Thanks chowdary. chowdarydv@yahoo.com (Chowdary) wrote in message news:<bbcefd36.0406220925.7b797eaf@posting.google.com>... > Hi all, > > I am working on the problem of DOA estimation. I have two signals > whose angle should be estimated. can any one tell me how to introduce > time delay between the two signals. if any had matlab code f...

Problem in MUSIC Algorithm for DOA Estimation
Hi all......... I want to find out angle of arrival using planer antenna array for radar (Digital Monopulse) application. For concept development, first i make 2x2 planer array, and try to find out direction of arrival of sources, further i need to make null at the direction of interference. which algorithm is better for that???? or MUSIC algorithm is suitable for that???? I try to use MUSIC algorithm for DOA application, and write codes in MATLAB for 1D MUSIC. these codes gives DOA, but have some problem; (i take linear array of 10 elements, f = 1GHz and sampling frequency Fs = 5GHz) 1) the resolution is not as good as written in literature. 2) if i take no of signal > 2 then it able to find out DOA but Estimation of no. of signal is only 2 (it gives M - H (no of multiplicity of minimun eigen values) is only 1 or 2 for all the cases). I think some problem in signal(X(t)=AS + N), which i take as; Xn = Sin (wt + k d Sin(thetha))* exp (-j*(n-1)k d Sin(thetha)) Matlab codes for that is given below; for k=1:samples % no of time instants for i=1:M % no of elements for ns=1:D % no of incoming signals S1(i,k)=S1(i,k)+ sin(2*pi*f*k/Fs + 2*pi*sin(theta(ns))/dfactor)* exp(-j*(i-1)*2*pi*sin(theta(ns))/dfactor); end end end X = awgn(S1,20); % Add white Gaussian noise to signal (M x sampless) can any one give ur valuable suggations. THANKS. On 18 Sep, 14:55, "amit00" <getamitshu...@rediffmail.com...

Mean Square Error in DOA Estimation
Hi all, I got strucked in calculating the Mean Square Error(MSE) in the DOA Estimation. Can any one explain me or if you have please send me the matlab code how to plot MSE for differnt SNR's and if you have any other matlab code to show the performance of DOA Estimation, Please Please send it to me. Thanks in advance Chow. chow wrote: > Hi all, > > I got strucked in calculating the Mean Square Error(MSE) in the DOA > Estimation. Can any one explain me or if you have please send me the > matlab code how to plot MSE for differnt SNR's and if you have any > other matlab code to show the performance of DOA Estimation Try to get hold of van Trees' "Detection, estimation and modulation" vol IV, Optimum Array Processing. There are lots of such plots in that book. Now, computing the MSE only works with simulated data. You need to know the true DoA, and then compare that to the estimated DoA. The comparision gives an error, and from there computing the MSE of different DoA estimators or SNRs is straight-forward. Rune Rune Allnor wrote: > chow wrote: > >>Hi all, >> >>I got strucked in calculating the Mean Square Error(MSE) in the DOA >>Estimation. Can any one explain me or if you have please send me the >>matlab code how to plot MSE for differnt SNR's and if you have any >>other matlab code to show the performance of DOA Estimation > > > Try to get hold of van Trees' "...

Time estimation for first steps in DSP programming
Hello, Could somebody give me a rough estimation of time needed for experienced Windows/C++/Math programmer to start efficiently developing applications on a Digital Signal Processor platform (TMS320C6xxx, CodeComposer, DSK development board)? I know that it is very difficult to give some general estimation, so please feel free to share with me any comments, experiences or even wild guesses you have. Which possible problems should be concerned during this process? Thanks, Goran Obradovic gorano@t-online.de (Goran Obradovic) writes: > Hello, > > Could somebody give me a rough esti...

Range and DOA estimation of Broadband Nearfield Sources
Hello All, I am currently working on Range and DOA estimation of broadband near field sources.If you could suggest a method which can estimate both range and doa of nearfield sources it would be great. If you happened to have a MATLAB code which can do this, its even great. I have a working MATLAB code for doa estimation of farfield broadband sources but when I modify that code for nearfield sources by including range , it gives me wrong values of range. So could you please help me with this problem. Thank you, Satish In the near field, there is no such things as range and DOA. You have to solve the system of equations for exact position of the source. VLV satish1284 wrote: > Hello All, > > I am currently working on Range and DOA estimation of broadband near field > sources.If you could suggest a method which can estimate both range and doa > of nearfield sources it would be great. If you happened to have a MATLAB > code which can do this, its even great. I have a working MATLAB code for > doa estimation of farfield broadband sources but when I modify that code > for nearfield sources by including range , it gives me wrong values of > range. So could you please help me with this problem. > > Thank you, > Satish > > On Nov 9, 10:26=A0am, "satish1284" <csatishred...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello All, > > I am currently working on Range and DOA estimation of broadband near fiel= d > sources.If yo...

Matrix Pencil for DOA estimation using Uniform Circular Arrays(UCA)
I want to estimate DOA using Matrix Pencil method. Here, I use UCA antenna with signal model as: A=exp(j*k*R*cos(theta-2*pi*m/N); m=0,...N-1; k=2*pi/lambda; R: Radius ; theta: angle of arrival. After finding eigenvalues of Matrix Pencil is z. Please help me calculate theta from z. Thanks all! P/s: If I use ULA antenna with signal model as: A=exp(j*k*d*m*cos(theta); m=0,...N-1; d is distance of two nearest elements. I can calculate theta=cos^-1 {Im(ln(z)) /kd}. ...

Dsp
To do well dsp what areas of math I must know well, and also what dsp starter kit for learning you would recommend me? Dave Dave wrote: > To do well dsp what areas of math I must know well, and also what dsp > starter kit for learning you would recommend me? > > Dave > Try this page: www.dspguru.com And check out the beginner books section. Rick Lyons' book is an excellent place to start. R I recommend following Math area: Probability , statistics, random theory DSP kit: ADSP 2181, SHARC, TMS 320C54xx ArunKumar "Dave" <davecle@SoftHome.net> wr...

DSP Group TeakLite DSP Board
I've pulled a DSP Group Teak Lite DSP development board out of the bin at work. It's about 3-4 years old. Their web site asks you to login before you can look at docs an support S/W etc. Does anyone have an old support login for this site? Cheers, Alfie. ...

M-estimators/robust estimators in IDL
Ok, so shifting from my barrage of "how do I" IDL questions to a loftier one, is anyone aware of any IDL functions/procedures that can calculate M-estimators (robust estimations)? In particular, I'm looking for the tanh estimator. Thanks! --j ...

spectral estimation by Blackman-Tukey estimator
hello all; how can estimate a random signal by Blackman-Tukey estimator in MATLAB? Thanks. ...

Lectures on channel estimation, frequency estimation?
Hi, there: I am looking for some materials explaining concepts like channel estimation, frequency estimation, multipath estimation, etc. Some explanation on popular algorithms are nice too. I am studying some OFDM based modem designs. Thanks [cross-posting snipped] Frank wrote: > Hi, there: > > I am looking for some materials explaining concepts like channel estimation, > frequency > estimation, multipath estimation, etc. Some explanation on popular > algorithms are nice > too. I am studying some OFDM based modem designs. > > Thanks You're way off-topic i...

Which DSP vendor has the best DSP architecture and why?
There are 4 major supplier of general purpose DSPs; Agere, TI, Analog Devices and Motorola. Which DSP vendor has the best DSP architecture(s), DSPs, tools, support and why? Thanks.........dp On 19 Dec 2003 19:25:35 -0800, petkevich@yahoo.com (dp) wrote: >There are 4 major supplier of general purpose DSPs; Agere, TI, Analog >Devices and Motorola. Which DSP vendor has the best DSP >architecture(s), DSPs, tools, support and why? > >Thanks.........dp Your question tickled me. It's like asking, "Who makes the best gasoline-powered vehicle, who has the best maintenan...

DSP using a non DSP processor
My requirement is to use a moderate controller (Non DSP) and take analog sinusoidal signals (half second cycle 50 hz) , take their samples, do a Fourier transform to remove harmonics and then multiply them to find instantaneous power. Then do a Low Power Filtering operation on this power signal. Is it possible? has anyone implemented anything similar or am I being too ambitious? please post your comments about its feasibility. Thanks, Rohan Rohan wrote: > My requirement is to use a moderate controller (Non DSP) and take > analog sinusoidal signals (half second cycle 50 hz) , take their > samples, do a Fourier transform to remove harmonics and then multiply > them to find instantaneous power. Then do a Low Power Filtering > operation on this power signal. > Is it possible? has anyone implemented anything similar or am I being > too ambitious? > please post your comments about its feasibility. > > Thanks, > Rohan > The big question is "in real time?". Do you want to do this in C ? So, Yea but, is your answer. Rohan wrote: > My requirement is to use a moderate controller (Non DSP) and take > analog sinusoidal signals (half second cycle 50 hz) , take their > samples, do a Fourier transform to remove harmonics and then multiply > them to find instantaneous power. Then do a Low Power Filtering > operation on this power signal. > Is it possible? has anyone implemented anything similar or am I being > too a...

/dev/dsp... how to target different dsp ?
i'm using xmms... and after doing a cvsup/rebuild from (8.0-release) to: FreeBSD elhdt.hoe 8.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 8.1-PRERELEASE #3: Sat Jun 12 15:39:04 PDT 2010 root@elhdt:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386 xmms nolonger works... and i think that problem is that 8.1-pre- release can now see additional sound devices that weren't seen before... my problem, is how do i get xmms working again (i think, rebind the /dev/dsp device?) how to bind /dev/dsp to a different beast.... elhdt# ls -l /dev/dsp crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 0, 117 Jun 18 13:07 /dev/dsp elhdt# ls -l /dev/dsp* crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 0, 111 Jun 17 15:41 /dev/dsp0.0 crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 0, 117 Jun 18 13:07 /dev/dsp0.1 crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 0, 90 Jun 17 15:41 /dev/dsp1.0 crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 0, 89 Jun 17 15:41 /dev/dsp2.0 crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 0, 88 Jun 17 15:41 /dev/dsp3.0 crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 0, 87 Jun 17 15:41 /dev/dsp4.0 hmm... clearly, devfs is synthesizing the response to the stat for /dev/dsp by the first ls -l, and the second shows that /dev/dsp is not really there, (the shell expansion of '*' doesn't see it) - so /dev/dsp is probably some sort of artificial virtual object synthesized by devfs. my problem is this. i want to bind to the dsp3.0 (pcm3) equivalent device, and not the pcm equivalent device (i think). how can i do this ? any help or suggestions would be appreciated! elh...

estimation
Hi, friends: yesterday, I asked one question about arma model, after I read the helps about this topic, I still can't underestand completely. Actually, my question is: I have a transfer function in z-domain such that H=(2*k1*z+3*k2)/(z^2+3*k*z+2) k1, k2 are needed to be estimated in the matlab. I need find suitable k to make above transfer function stable. So I need to use ARMA model to help me, at the same time, I also read system identifcation toolbox(ar,iddata,arx). But I didn't find the effective solution. Would you please give me some...

Estimated Dose Risk and Estimated Dose Value
Dear All I was going thru the dose part of DICOM. i would request for Estimated dose value formula and estimated dose risk formula. How can these two be implemented as part of PACS Solution. It would be good if some one could give me example for both of it. thanks and regards Finch ...

How should I have estimated this?
Hi I did my finals DSP exam this morning. Fingers crossed it was ok. However the following puzzled me and I hope someone can enlighten me on it so that I can kick myself. We were given that the output from a filter is: y[n] = 0.5*x[n] + 0.5*y[n - 1] so I get: H(z) = 0.5 / (1 - 0.5*z^(-1)) h[n] = 0.5*0.5^n = 0.5^(n-1) Then it says "for the series x[n] = {4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4} use the impulse response to estimate the system response and then compare it to the response calculated exactly using the recursive formula" or words to that effect. I can calculate it by convolution of h[n] with x[n], I can calculate it by recursively putting values into y[n] but they are both gonig to yield the same exact answer. Can anyone suggest the "estimate" they were looking for? I ended up guessing saying: y[n] = 0.5^(n+1)*x[n] + y[n-1] but I can't justify why it would be right, it just gave answers reasonably close to the exact answers. Regards Richard Richard said the following on 15/05/2006 16:03: > I did my finals DSP exam this morning. Fingers crossed it was ok. > However the following puzzled me and I hope someone can enlighten me on > it so that I can kick myself. > > We were given that the output from a filter is: > y[n] = 0.5*x[n] + 0.5*y[n - 1] > > so I get: > H(z) = 0.5 / (1 - 0.5*z^(-1)) > h[n] = 0.5*0.5^n = 0.5^(n-1) > > > Then it says "for the series x[n] = {4.0, 4.1,...

Web resources about - Wideband DOA estimation - comp.dsp

Estimation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For the racehorse, see Estimate (horse) . For the card game, see Estimate (card game) . For the symbol, see Estimated sign . Estimation ...

→ Why are software development task estimations regularly off by a factor of 2-3?
Michael Wolfe: Let’s take a hike on the coast from San Francisco to Los Angeles to visit our friends in Newport Beach. Amazing.

Agile Estimation with the Bucket System
The “Bucket System” is a way to do estimation of large numbers of items with a small to medium sized group of people, and to do it quickly. The ...

Blind Estimation for Planning Poker
When helping people learn Planning Poker I always ask what will happen if one person plays/says their estimate before anyone else. Many people ...

Late Projects Caused By Poor Estimation and Other Red Herrings
Late Projects Caused By Poor Estimation and Other Red Herrings 12/08/2006 I've been seeing a pattern lately with Agile projects. It's not ...

Evolving Estimation Process
... yesterday. What I hope you can see from the photo is engagement of everyone in the conversation. It's quite unlike many tedious story estimation ...

Volvo Experimenting With 'Driver State Estimation' System
... announced it is experimenting with "driver sensors" to try cutting down on driver inattention while behind the wheel. The "Driver State Estimation," ...

BBC World Service poll: Why has the UK gone up in people's estimations?
People's opinions of the UK have improved markedly since 2012, according to a BBC World Service poll of more than 26,000 global citizens. BUt ...

Contract Estimation and Jarrod Saltalamacchia
Alex Skillin summarized the transactions in the catching market quite nicely; now that some of the dust has settled on the catching market, it’s ...

bad agile estimation
... Two were brilliant; two were poisonous; the rest were just flaky. A big part of the poison stems from not understanding how to do agile estimation. ...