Vim 7.4, Windows 10.
0
andrew
8/31/2016 7:12:40 PM
comp.editors 4871 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

In comp.editors,  <andrew.pennebaker@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Windows port of Vim often hides lines that are too long. For example,
> https://github.com/mcandre/node-um/blob/2aaa60ebdef7aa962cec373630e1b97f2e018b23/Gruntfile.js#L11
>
> Vim 7.4, Windows 10.

What do you mean "hides"? How is is different from what other versions
of vim do? For me, vim 7.4 on linux in an 80x24 screen shows me:

------ snip 8<------
'use strict';

module.exports = function(grunt) {
  grunt.initConfig({
    exec: {
      test: 'npm test',

      jshint: 'node_modules/.bin/jshint .',
      jslint: 'find . -type d -name node_modules -prune -o -type d -name bower_c
omponents -prune -o -type f -name "*[-.]min.js" -prune -o -type f -name "*.bat"
-prune -o -type f \\( -wholename "*/bin/*" -or -name "*.js" \\) -exec node_modul
es/.bin/jslint {} \\;',
      eslint: 'node_modules/.bin/eslint .',
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
                                                              1,1           Top
------>8 snip ------

Where the long group of "@" is in bold and represents a line too long to
completely fit on screen. This is standard vim behavior on encountering
very long lines when "wrap" is set (and it is set by default). A line
too long to fit on screen even when it is at the top of the screen will
bee excluded from this behavior.

Elijah
------
try typing "Lj" (without the quotes)
0
Eli
8/31/2016 10:25:56 PM
Il 31/08/2016 21:12, andrew.pennebaker@gmail.com ha scritto:
 > The Windows port of Vim often hides lines that are too long. For
example,
https://github.com/mcandre/node-um/blob/2aaa60ebdef7aa962cec373630e1b97f2e018b23/Gruntfile.js#L11

 > Vim 7.4, Windows 10.

Try with :set wrap!

On my machine the default is to soft-break lines (as you would seem to
expect). Maybe there's something something in your vimrc that breaks
wrapping?

Greetings
klez
0