Determining OS?

Hi,

Is there a way, in the init.el file, to check which OS
XEmacs is running under?

I wish to tweek some of the custom-variables depending
on whever it's MS-Windows or Linux. The $HOME directory
points to the same networked directory in both OSes.

I found the os-utils package, but according to its info
it doesn't do this.

TIA,
Colin S. Miller
0
Colin
6/7/2004 11:02:37 AM
comp.emacs.xemacs 2750 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"Colin S. Miller" <colin.miller@spam-me-not.picsel.com> writes:

> Is there a way, in the init.el file, to check which OS
> XEmacs is running under?

The variable system-type might be of help.

norbert.
0
Norbert
6/7/2004 11:43:52 AM
"Colin S. Miller" <colin.miller@spam-me-not.picsel.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way, in the init.el file, to check which OS
> XEmacs is running under?
check the variable system-type
Regards
Friedrich

--
Please remove just-for-news- to reply via e-mail.
0

"Friedrich Dominicus" <just-for-news-frido@q-software-solutions.de> wrote in
message news:87hdtntwgc.fsf@fbigm.here...
> "Colin S. Miller" <colin.miller@spam-me-not.picsel.com> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there a way, in the init.el file, to check which OS
> > XEmacs is running under?
> check the variable system-type
> Regards
> Friedrich
>
> --
> Please remove just-for-news- to reply via e-mail.

0
Allen

Web resources about - Determining OS? - comp.emacs.xemacs

Rate-determining step - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... kinetics , the rate (or velocity) of a reaction mechanism with several steps is often determined by the slowest step, known as the rate-determining ...

Determining Business Value
... What I will attempt to do in this blog is provide a model for looking at business value focusing on the portfolio [...] The post Determining ...

Determining Sea Level
It’s much more complicated than you think:

Mac notebooks: Determining battery cycle count
For computers with Mac OS X v10.4.x or later, use the steps in this article to determine the cycles on your Mac notebook's battery.

Determining Valuation Multiples
Last week on MBA Mondays , I talked about valuing an internet marketplace business . In that post, I talked about using 1x gross marketplace ...

Determining a Player's True UZR
Question: How do I determines a player's real/predicted UZR including age adjustments? Why I asked the question: I needed a way for my Manger's ...

NBA Preseason Determining Destinies for Houston Rockets Bench
HOUSTON—It’s the night of Oct. 13, 2014, and the Houston Rockets are hosting the Phoenix Suns . Dwight Howard and James Harden are sitting this ...

It's Breyer and not O'Connor determining the outcome in the Ten Commandments monument case.
All eyes turn to Justice Breyer, who voted with the Chief Justice and Justices Kennedy, Scalia, and Thomas , to produce a victory for the state ...

DETERMINING IF WE NEED ANOTHER BUSH AS PRESIDENT: Using the Common Core Method
... invested by dousing it in gasoline and then applying a lit sparkler. Best, Doug For the rest of America, there's this: MT @darmercurio: Determining ...