Get rid of toolbar

Hi,
Can anyone please tell me how to get rid of the toolbar?
I feel it is an unnecessary GUI feature, I hardly ever use it and rather
prefer the menu or short cut keys. Toolbars take unnecessary space
instead of which we can have few extra line of text or code.

Thanks in advance.
Surendra Singhi
0
surendra
10/29/2004 12:36:15 AM
comp.emacs.xemacs 2750 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

surendra <efuzzyone@netscape.net> writes:

> Can anyone please tell me how to get rid of the toolbar? I feel it is
> an unnecessary GUI feature, I hardly ever use it and rather prefer the
> menu or short cut keys. Toolbars take unnecessary space instead of
> which we can have few extra line of text or code.

; Switch off toolbars
(tool-bar-mode -1)

--
Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * * http colon slash slash iki dot fi slash juhtolv
"kummaan paikkaan itsesi karkotit, syytt� syyllisten seuduille. raskaisiin
* surendra  <efuzzyone@netscape.net> writes:

  > Can anyone please tell me how to get rid of the toolbar?

(set-specifier default-toolbar-visible-p nil)

--
|---<Steve Youngs>---------------<GnuPG KeyID: A94B3003>---|
|        XEmacs - The only _______ you'll ever need.       |
* Juhapekka Tolvanen <SNAFU.juhtolv@iki.fi.FUBAR.invalid> writes:

  > surendra <efuzzyone@netscape.net> writes:
  >> Can anyone please tell me how to get rid of the toolbar? I feel it is

  > ; Switch off toolbars
  > (tool-bar-mode -1)

Maybe in GNU/Emacs, but not in XEmacs.

--
|---<Steve Youngs>---------------<GnuPG KeyID: A94B3003>---|
|        XEmacs - The only _______ you'll ever need.       |
|          Fill in the blank, yes, it's THAT good!         |
|----------------------------------<steve@youngs.au.com>---|
0
Steve
10/29/2004 2:12:51 AM
* Steve Youngs <steve@youngs.au.com> writes:

* surendra  <efuzzyone@netscape.net> writes:
  >> Can anyone please tell me how to get rid of the toolbar?

  > (set-specifier default-toolbar-visible-p nil)

And for a permanent solution...

  $ ./configure --without-toolbars
  $ make
  $ make check
  $ sudo make install

--
|---<Steve Youngs>---------------<GnuPG KeyID: A94B3003>---|
|        XEmacs - The only _______ you'll ever need.       |
|          Fill in the blank, yes, it's THAT good!         |
|----------------------------------<steve@youngs.au.com>---|
0
Steve
10/29/2004 2:16:15 AM

    surendra> Can anyone please tell me how to get rid of the toolbar?

Not offhand, but C-h a toolbar will surely give you useful
information.  Alternatively, browse the options menu.

Stephen
10/29/2004 4:59:30 AM

Steve Youngs wrote:

> * surendra  <efuzzyone@netscape.net> writes:
>
>   > Can anyone please tell me how to get rid of the toolbar?
>
> (set-specifier default-toolbar-visible-p nil)

It works great. Thanks.
0
surendra

How do I get rid of the toolbar in PAN ?
How do I get rid of the toolbar in PAN ? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. Regards, Mark. -- Mark Hobley 393 Quinton Road West QUINTON Birmingham B32 1QE Reply to: markhobley at hotpop dot do_not_type_this_bit com http://markhobley.yi.org/ On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 01:21:02 +0000, Mark Hobley wrote: > How do I get rid of the toolbar in PAN ? You can't in the current release. Feel free to submit a patch. -- Nothing happens. ...

How to get rid of default toolbar
Using SEUIXP we have assigned a custom built small icon and large icon toolbar (ribbon) bitmap to all the Postcreate methods. In one menu however, randomly the cavo's default toolbar appears, as stored under C:\cavo28\Volib\Gui\cavotb.bmp It seems to be under just one menu, I removed all old assigned buttons in the menu editor, searched all code but I have currently no idea how my program is still able to display the icons of that default toolbar occasionaly. Does anyone has an idea where this comes from? Dick Hi Dick, I have seen this behaviour also. Sometimes it e...

How do i get rid of toolbar.dll?
ive infected my comp with this bug, and i cat seem to get rid of it, cant even delete it off of safe mode! does anyone know how to get rid of it? ...

how do i get rid of toolbar.dll? #2
Ive infected my computer with toolbar.dll, anyone know how to get rid of it? ...

Help, how do I get rid of the Adobe PDF toolbar!!
Hi all, After installing Adobe Acrobat 6 pro - it nicely put a new menu item and toolbar into my AutoCAD 2000, and everytime I load a drawing, it loads that damn toolbar - pushing my other toolbar off the page. If I try to turn it off - it just comes back the next time I open AutoCAD. Help, its annoying. Thanks William, The first thing you could do is UNLOAD and remove it from your history/Startup Suite. Then you can always check into the .mns file to see, 1. Is the location for the tool bar hard coded? 2. To place into a position where you want it. W. Kirk Crawfor...

Getting rid of "language toolbar"
Something I installed also installed a "language toolbar". I can get rid of it, but it comes back with each reboot. I've searched through the "add/remove programs" and the "add/remove Windows components" and can't seem to find anything about the language bar, or the "text services" that apparently brought the language bar with it. Anyone know how to get rid of this? TIA, Lisa Try Ad-Aware SE & SpyBot S&D. The combination of those usually will get rid of that kind of junk. WT "Lisa Horton" <Lisa091704@lisahorton.net...

How to get rid of copies when using emacs with CVS?
Hello, if I use Emacs on a CVS sandbox, then Emacs creates some "filename.ext.~version~ files. Why does Emacs create this files? How can I disable this? Thank you very much in advance CU Manuel Manuel Reimer <mreimer@despammed.com> writes: > if I use Emacs on a CVS sandbox, then Emacs creates some > "filename.ext.~version~ files. Why does Emacs create this files? How > can I disable this? Emacs create a local backup of the cvs controlled file when it's first modified, so that you can compare the file to the repository version (`C-x v ='), or revert to...

toolbar: get rid of american flag (character palette)?
The toolbar shows lots of unnecessary things, e.g. the American flag, signalizing that I'm using the American character palette. Also the PPPoE status is shown, but I don't need that. How can I turn these unnecessary toolbar icons off? Thanks! Markus In article <1157921353.809228.38750@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com>, Markus Dehmann <markus.dehmann@gmail.com> wrote: > The toolbar shows lots of unnecessary things, e.g. the American flag, > signalizing that I'm using the American character palette. Also the > PPPoE status is shown, but I don't need that. F...

Getting rid of freetype dependency in emacs 23.1
I want to compile emacs 23.1 without freetype (for having about the same as previous version of emacs). So I compiled my emacs with the following options: ./configure --without-sound --with-x-toolkit=3Dlucid --without-xft --without-libotf --without-dbus --without-m17n-flt --without-rsvg --without-pop --without-gif This give a functional emacs not using freetype but I nevertheless see a dependency to the freetype library as shown by ldd (see below). Is it possible to completely get rid of freetype in emacs 23.1? [xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx ~]$ ldd /usr/bin/emacs linux-gate.so.1 =3D> (0x...

IE: How to get rid of ugly toolbars in fullscreen mode (F11)?
Hello, I have some problem concerning Internet Explorer. When I press F11 in a popup window, the browser goes full screen, but some ugly toolbars are shown at the top of the page, overlapping its contents. Is it possible to hide them somehow? Maybe this is some problem with Google Toolbar? Here are the screenshots: http://www.icpnet.pl/~bogien/popup_normal.gif http://www.icpnet.pl/~bogien/popup_f11.gif Thanks for any help... PS. I have Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1. "Marian Stary Zgred" asked > I have some problem concerning Internet Explorer. > When I press F11 in a popup wi...

Emacs, XEmacs, and Aqua Emacs Oh my.
Hi, I just trying to get bu head around using Emacs with Lisp. One specific question is to do C-M-x the keys should be Esc-control-x right. Any insight would be useful Thanks -Tony ...

Get rid of "Add or remove buttons" dropdown menu on custom toolbar
Access 2000 and 2003. I have made a custom toolbar to allow users to filter by form, etc. The only things I want to appear on that toolbar are the 3 buttons to control filtering. At the right end of the toolbar there is a little arrow pointing down, and if the user clicks it, it says "Add or Remove buttons." I tried the properties, etc., but can see no where to get rid of this command. I have the toolbar set to allow no changes, so hypothetically the users can't do anything anyway, but I don't even want them to know it is an option. Is there a more general option I need...

Getting rid of Control M's generated when Programs output advisory to emacs command shell
Hi all, I run a DOS shell in my xemacs window. From this shell, I run certain scripts and tools ( in this shell ) whose output causes the control M character to appear in the advisory the tools generates. Can someone tell me how to configure a .el file that will supress these characters from the outout of these programs ?? Thanks, Rajat Mitra Ar an ceathr� l� d�ag de m� na Samhain, scr�obh Rajat Mitra: > I run a DOS shell in my xemacs window. From this shell, I run certain > scripts and tools ( in this shell ) whose output causes the control M > character t...

Web resources about - Get rid of toolbar - comp.emacs.xemacs

Toolbar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A toolbar is a graphical control element on which on-screen buttons, icons, menus, or other input or output elements are placed. An earlier term ...

Microsoft Releases New Version of Bing Bar Toolbar With Facebook Integration
Today, Microsoft releases a new version of its Bing Bar downloadable browser tool bar that includes several Facebook capabilities. Bing Bar users ...

Why no toolbar/bookmarks in Chrome on tablets?
... set up my new Nexus 7 the way I'd like to set it up, so I can use it for all the things I want to use it for. Even better synch with the toolbar ...

Wikipedia Toolbar: Home
Wikipedia Toolbar gives you quick access to usefull commands for the Mediawiki Software. It also provides a backend for other types of Wiki software. ...

Google Toolbar 404 Hijacking - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Google being evil? Seems like it, more at... Google's Toolbar Reportedly Overwriting 404 Pages Across The Web...

flybuys Toolbar Sells Out Your Search Data For A Lousy 50 Cents A Month
We’re not big fans of Coles’ flybuys loyalty scheme — earning points takes ages and you give up lots of personal information in the ...

Qantas toolbar to monitor your web activity
Qantas wants frequent flyers to install a toolbar on their web browser that records their internet searches and web browsing activity for "marketing ...

WatchESPN app updated for iOS 7, adds ‘Live Toolbar’ that lets you stream two videos at once
ESPN updated its WatchESPN app for iOS today with a new feature called “Live Toolbar” that allows users to multitask while continuing to watch ...

Alexa Toolbar Creator
Log In or Create an Account Help Home Site Tools Top Sites Site Info Reviews What's Hot Toolbar Dashboard Site Tools > Toolbar Creator Toolbars ...

Google Discontinues Toolbar for Firefox - John Paczkowski - News - AllThingsD
... claimed another victim. As part of its new “more wood behind fewer arrows” approach to business, the company is discontinuing its Google Toolbar ...