Hello, Is there somebody knows how avoid the warning: Error caught in `font-lock-pre-idle-hook': (error Invalid search limit (wrong side of point)) poped in a buffer 3 times per minute font-lock-pr

Hello,

Is there somebody who  knows how avoid the warning:
Error caught in `font-lock-pre-idle-hook': (error Invalid search limit
(wrong side of point))

Thanks a lot because it makes xemacs unusable
0
Annie
2/26/2007 8:36:23 AM
comp.emacs.xemacs 2750 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Annie Ressouche <Annie.Ressouche@sophia.inria.fr> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Is there somebody who  knows how avoid the warning:
> Error caught in `font-lock-pre-idle-hook': (error Invalid search limit
> (wrong side of point))
>
> Thanks a lot because it makes xemacs unusable

Google may know!

http://www.xemacs.org/Releases/2005-07-15.html

,----
| 005-05-10  Aidan Kehoe  <kehoea@parhasard.net>
|
| 	* cc-engine.el (c-syntactic-re-search-forward): Before the first
| 	call of re-search-forward in the function, make sure that the
| 	bound is greater than or equal to (point). Fixes an error:
|
| 	Error caught in `font-lock-pre-idle-hook': (error Invalid search
| 	limit (wrong side of point))
|
| 	that users of JDEE have been seeing for a long time.
`----

The answer may be to update your packages, specifically cc-mode

atb

Glyn
0
Glyn

Error caught in `font-lock-pre-idle-hook'
Since Upgrading to VM 7.17 as my mail MUA I *always* recieve the message (24) (warning/warning) Error caught in `font-lock-pre-idle-hook': (error Nesting too deep for parser) instead of the presentation buffer whenever I select a message to read. My configuration is Xemacs 21.4.13 + VM 7.17 + Robert Fenk's rfaddons + u-vm-color version 2.5. Has anybody else seen this? Does anyone else *understand* this? And is there a cure? Keith Refson -- Dr Keith Refson, Building R3 Rutherford Appleton Laboratory Chilton Didcot Oxfordshire OX11 0QX K.Refson@ ...

More on the font-lock-pre-idle-hook error
Hi, Xemacs 21.1 Solaris Sparc, pre-built binary downloaded from xemacs.org: Whenever I edit any .java file, I'm put into JDE S/n/jdb/a font Abbrev mode. When I type any character or command I get the *Warnings-Show* buffer appear in a second window with the message: (263 \) (warning/warning) Error caught in `font-lock-pre-idle-hook' Also, the java-mode major mode behavior doesn't work. That is, tab indentation doesn't work, M-q (fill) doesn't work, etc. However, if I turn off font-lock-mode (M-x font-lock-mode), then the above problem goes away, ...

Constant font-lock-pre-idle-hook warnings from javascript mode
Hey, folks. I'm using XEmacs 21.4.21 and have been having consistent problems using Karl Landstrom's javascript-mode.el. Every time I change a JS file, I get the following warning: (3) (warning/warning) Error caught in `font-lock-pre-idle-hook': (error No match 1 in highlight (1 font-lock-keyword-face)) I sometimes get this in other modes as well, but not for some time. I've been trying to find help via google, but to no avail. Anybody out there nave any ideas how I can fix and/or squelch these errors. Even if they came up in whatever frame *Warnings* was curre...

XEmacs perl font-lock errors (how to fix?)
[Installation information at end of message] I am seeing font-lock syntax coloring errors in any perl file I edit. The errors began after a recent upgrade in experimental packages to sync them with emacs. I believe the file is prog-modes.el; however, I noticed the problem somewhat after I had updated a few program-mode related files, so I cannot be sure. The problem manifests in many ways. Sometimes an entire buffer will become rendered in a color for strings or for comments. Other times certain areas will become functions or parts of regular expressions or the color use...

font-lock-pre-idle-hook problem
Hello, my XEmacs version is 21.4 patch 14. While editing a c source file an error buffer opens automatically whith this warning: (51) (warning/warning) Error caught in `font-lock-pre-idle-hook': (args-out-of-range longest.c 453) I had written 24 lines until this warning buffer came up. Thank you very much for your assistance with this problem. Fabian M´┐Żller ##### ~/.xemacs/init.el begin ##### (require 'setnu) (add-hook 'c-mode-common-hook 'turn-on-setnu-mode) (setq debug-on-error t) (add-hook 'c-mode-common-hook (function (lambda () (setq c-basic-offs...

TERRIBLE ERROR :: Invalid search bound
I am doing a very simple and trivial thing that you often do in bash using sed. Replace the end of the line by a token such as #. I loath to use newline which is a break in emacs since it probably does not accept \n. I only want to replace this on one line such as the current line. I could narrow to the line but is it really necessary ? Cant I just specify the limits in replace-regexp ? Either there is something seriously wrong with my understanding of emacs so I must pursue this for the sake of learning. I tried several variants: (replace-regexp "$" "#" nil (line-begi...

'UndefinedObject' error not caught with 'on: Error do:'
Hi, I'm having some trouble getting 'on: Error do:' to work. In the code below, subdExpression contains a maths-type formula that the user has entered, with their variables substituted for the correct values. eg If they enter 'a + 1', a gets replaced with their value for it. But if a does not exist, I want to tell them the error. [result := Compiler evaluate: subdExpression] on: Error do: [:ex | Transcript show: 'error'; cr. ^MessageBox errorMsg: 'There was an error in calculating the answer' caption: 'Calculation Error' ] . But...

font-lock-pre-idle
When I use slime w/clisp I keep getting a warning buffer with: (<counter>) (warning/warning) Error caught in `font-lock-pre-idle-hook': (wrong-type-argument markerp nil) The counter counts quickly ~5/sec. This happens with both 21.4.17 and 21.4.20. gentoo amd64 xemacs-sumo-2006-12-21 xemacs-base 1.75 and 2.08 slime-2.0.0.20061118 This renders xemacs quite unusable. Google shows that similar bugs have come, gone, and reappeared in the past. Is there a way to at least squelch the warning, if not a fix? On 2007-01-18, Nicholas Leippe <nleippe@salesteam...

Error out instead of warn, i.e. warning('error', id)
In previous versions of Matlab (at least in R2007a), one could set the status of a warning message to be 'error'. This would cause any function encountering that particular warning to error out instead of just issuing a warning. The behavior was undocumented, and apparently has been removed from more recent versions of Matlab. I only recently discovered the error status possibility, but I found this little technique to be very helpful, both to permanently change certain warnings to errors (such as the inexact match error, 'MATLAB:dispatcher:InexactMatch', which used to d...

%%[Error: invalid font;PostScript program did not contain a font]%%
Has anyone seen this message from Acrobat (perhaps Acrobat 7.0) or an Acrobat plug-in? I realise it looks like a PostScript error, but it is a pop up message which appears in Acrobat 7.0. It is a Windows message with no caption, just an OK button. ---------------------------------------- Aandi Inston Please support usenet! Post replies and follow-ups, don't e-mail them. Aandi Inston wrote: > Has anyone seen this message from Acrobat (perhaps Acrobat 7.0) or an > Acrobat plug-in? > > I realise it looks like a PostScript error, but it is a pop up message > which appears ...

font-lock error in java mode
I get this error when I open a buffer on a java file. The only thing at the beginning of the file is a package statement. You need a comment at the top???? Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument integer-or-marker-p nil) goto-char(nil) eval((goto-char (match-beginning 4))) font-lock-fontify-keywords-region(1 538 nil) font-lock-default-fontify-region(1 528 nil) font-lock-fontify-region(1 528) run-hook-with-args(font-lock-fontify-region 1 528) jit-lock-fontify-now(1 501) jit-lock-function(1) sit-for(0) display-time-event-handler() apply(display-time-event-ha...

How to change 'On Error Goto ArreurA' with 'On Error Goto ArreurB' without error if an error occured?
Exemple: On Error Goto ErreurA Picture = LoadPicture(VarName1) On Error Goto ErreurB Picture = LoadPicture(VarName2) exit sub ErreurA: msgbox "ErreurA= VarName1" exit sub ErreurB: msgbox "ErreurB= VarName2" Exit sub If an error occudes with Picture = LoadPicture(VarName2) it cause an error and the program stop there without error message. What code line must I add? Raymond H. "Raymond H." <divers_rh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:TuHRc.6180$a65.235836@news20.bellglobal.com... > Exemple: > > On Error...

Invalid search limit (wrong side of point)
I am running 21.4.15 on Solaris 8. When editing Java source code, I get the above warning as soon as I enter the "=" character when initializing a variable. For example, typing 'int a =' will produce a warning message once I hit "=". Any ideas what is causing this? Thanks, Dave >>>>> "Dave" == Dave <d2re1@yahoo.com> writes: Dave> I am running 21.4.15 on Solaris 8. When editing Java source Dave> code, I get the above warning as soon as I enter the "=" Dave> character when initializing a ...

Compile time error: "error: 'write_n' is not a member of 'ACE'"
Hi All, ACE VERSION: 5.5.6 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: LINUX, Kernel 2.6.19-1.2288.fc5, i686 I tried to compile the program given below, but was giving following compilation error: Please help me to compile this proram --------------------------------------- COMPILATION------------------------------------------ [root@paresh ACE_MSG_BLOCK]# g++ main.C -o main -lACE -IACE_ROOT main.C: In function 'int main(int, char**)': main.C:9: error: 'read_n' is not a member of 'ACE' main.C:20: error: 'write_n' is not a member of 'ACE' -------...

Web resources about - Hello, Is there somebody knows how avoid the warning: Error caught in `font-lock-pre-idle-hook': (error Invalid search limit (wrong side of point)) poped in a buffer 3 times per minute font-lock-pr - comp.emacs.xemacs