how to check if a certain menu is contained in the menu-bar?

Hi,

is there a way how to check....? see subject!

Many Thanks in advance!
Klaus

--
Klaus Berndl			mailto: klaus.berndl@sdm.de
sd&m AG				http://www.sdm.de

> is there a way how to check....? see subject!

You should be able to use `where-is' to get that info,
but you'll have to be careful to look for the right thing.

        Stefan
0
Stefan
9/24/2003 6:07:45 PM
Klaus Berndl <klaus.berndl@sdm.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> is there a way how to check....? see subject!

Depending on what you mean by 'certain menu', perhaps you should check
out find-menu-item:

,----
| `find-menu-item' is a compiled Lisp function
|   -- loaded from "/afs/ir.stanford.edu/src/pubsw/editors/xemacs-21.4.12/build/sun4x_56/lisp/menubar.elc"
| (find-menu-item MENUBAR ITEM-PATH-LIST &optional PARENT)
|
| Documentation:
| Search MENUBAR for item given by ITEM-PATH-LIST starting from PARENT.
| Returns (ITEM . PARENT), where PARENT is the immediate parent of
|  the item found.
| If the item does not exist, the car of the returned value is nil.
| If some menu in the ITEM-PATH-LIST does not exist, an error is signalled.
`----

For example,
(find-menu-item current-menubar '("File"))

--
I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard.
0

backing up in a menu-bar menu
I bring up the menus using M~ Is it possible to back up to a previous menu, once I've selected a particular menu? E.g., if I select f==>File, I get another menu. If I blew it and selected the wrong menu item to begin with, can I back up, instead of doing a ^G and starting over? -- Duke ...

separator in menu bar menu
Does anyone know how can I put the separator in menu bar menu?? Thanks for any help in advance. Damir ...

Headphones menu extra in menu bar
Hi folks, Recently I was doing some housekeeping, and noticed I had a menu extra with a headphones icon at the right side of my menu bar. It allowed me to switch the audio output destination. I haven't used it but maybe once; so I took it off the menu bar. Now I can't, for the life of me, remember how I got it to appear in the menu bar in the first place. My first guess was that I got it from /System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras, but I don't see anything promising there. My second guess was that it was some application in my Login Items or maybe an application in my Sy...

top menu and menu
Hello, I have ulead DVD Picture Show 2 and i know that i can make top menu, but how can i make "under" menu? For instance, something like this: Top Menu |--- Item 1 |--- Under Menu 1 |--- Under Menu Item 1 |--- Under Menu Item 2 |--- Item2 Thanks a lot, Nana ...

emacs menu bar unreachable
hello, I wanted to try developping a little C with emacs, but no way to reach the emacs Menu Bar ! Something I missed ? I'm on Panther on powerbook G4 thanks for any clue Linda In article <BCF9FFB9.155E5%pfarhi@noos.fr>, Philippe Farhi <pfarhi@noos.fr> wrote: > I wanted to try developping a little C with emacs, but no way to reach the > emacs Menu Bar ! Something I missed ? I'm on Panther on powerbook G4 thanks > for any clue There something like three dozen different versions of emacs that have been compiled for Mac OS X; which one are...

checked menu bars
Hello, How does the toggle button on the checked menu button work? I believe I have properly set up the tlb, menu widget button, and checked menu button, least ways it initially displays correctly with a check mark next to that menu item. However, when I click on that menu item, to turn it off, the pulldown menu display is not updated (to not have a check). I do get an event and I call widget_control ... WIDGET_CONTROL, event.id, /set_button From the documentation, it looked like this should work as a toggle button. I took that to mean that each time widget_control was called ...

How to remove all submenu in hierachical multi-level menu (in menu bar)
Something like [NSPopUpButton removeAllItems] (but for menu bar item) ? Or each submenu/item menu must be removed one each at time ? How do this ? Thank you. In article <none-980129.11501425112007@news.videotron.net>, mhz <none@nowhere.ca> wrote: > Something like [NSPopUpButton removeAllItems] (but for menu bar item) ? > > Or each submenu/item menu must be removed one each at time ? > How do this ? The following works: - (void)removeAllItemsOf:(NSMenu *)menu { int i, iCount = [menu numberOfItems]; for (i = iCount - 1;0 <= i; --i) { ...

cannot get gdb dropdown menu in the menu bar when start gdb
Hi, I started gdb from emacs, but there is not gdb menu in the menu bar. So I have to type in the commmands in the gdb buffer, which is not so convenient. Anybody has any idea? HP-UX, xemacs-21.5-b18 Thank you! ...

Menu Bar not inside its containing div
On this website: http://www.blighty.co.za/ there is a menubar inside a containing div (id="NavBar"). The NavBar has this formatting: #NavBar {border:1px dotted red;} The dotted red line appears to have zero height and is above the menubar. I expected the menubar to be inside the red dotted line. It isn't, and I don't understand why not. Could someone please explain why not. Thanks MG MG wrote: > On this website: > http://www.blighty.co.za/ > there is a menubar inside a containing div (id="NavBar"). > > The NavBar has thi...

Emacs menu bar in TTY terminal
I use ssh from the OS X Terminal application to access Gnu Emacs on a Debian Linux box. I could do X11 Forwarding, but that is just too slow over my net connection so I don't bother with it. I still get a menu bar though with no ability for the mouse to do anything with it. I'm talking strictly keyboard control. So how do I work the menus to see what's there and perhaps use them? -- An ideal world is left as an excercise to the reader. --- Paul Graham, On Lisp 8.1 David Steuber <david@david-steuber.com> writes: > So how do I work the menus to see what's the...

how to disable tool bar,menu bar, status bar?
hello command: <STYLE type="text/css">BODY {status: none; scrollbar: none; toolbar: none;} doesn't work :/ i want to have a window without all adds like bar with "file", "edit" and "back", "history" etc. thanks for the clue. greetings On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:42:55 +0200, whebcichy <whebcichy@infinity.net.pl> wrote: > hello > command: > > <STYLE type="text/css">BODY {status: none; scrollbar: none; toolbar: > none;} > > doesn't work :/ 1) It's not a ...

cannot get gdb dropdown menu in the menu bar when start gdb #2
Hi, I started gdb from emacs, but there is not gdb menu in the menu bar. So I have to type in the commmands in the gdb buffer, which is not so convenient. Anybody has any idea? HP-UX, xemacs-21.5-b18 Thank you! Ar an cúigiú lá is fiche de mí Eanair, scríobh junchi tang: > I started gdb from emacs, but there is not gdb menu in the menu bar. So > I have to type in the commmands in the gdb buffer, which is not so > convenient. Well, unless you’ve already got your hands on the keyboard, and are really used to the single-letter abbrevi...

python-mode disables the emacs menu bar!
I installed the latest version of python-mode and now whenever I click on on the item on the emacs menu bar, e.g., File, the first time I get: Debugger entered--Lisp error: (mark-inactive) signal(mark-inactive nil) mark() If I dismiss it with Ctrl-[ and try again, this time (and the subsequent ones) _nothing_ happens. This is really baffling. I saw a message on a python list recently to the effect that python mode is not very actively maintained right now and indeed there was no answer whatsoever to my bug report. Is there any way to diagnose what the problem might be? Hilde ...

VB Menu GUI VB Menu GUI VB Menu GUI
VB Menu GUI VB Menu GUI VB Menu GUI ViewerPro is probally the best most sophisticated VBGUI ever made, Incorperated a 15 Tabbbed GUI interface, viewing functions for Text, all formats (RTF), Pictures, Images, Browser, Quicktime, Charting, all Sound Functins Wav, Midi, Etc, (MCI Control), TreeView, Drive and Directory File Boxes for Quadratic Drive Views, MediaPlayer (with all current 2010 codecs) (Including the new Mpg4 H.264 Specification)for all AVI, ASF, WMV, Mpeg, etc. With WinShells to many of windows most popular applications. Use all the dialog boxes for Files, Colors, Printe...

Web resources about - how to check if a certain menu is contained in the menu-bar? - comp.emacs.xemacs

Self-contained breathing apparatus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A self contained breathing apparatus , or SCBA , sometimes referred to as a Compressed Air Breathing Apparatus (CABA) , air pack , or simply ...

Launch Plan For Mark Zuckerberg’s Political Advocacy Group Contained Several Errors
... a few issues, as Joe Green , the plan’s author and a roommate of Zuckerberg at Harvard University , confirmed to Politico that it contained ...

Self-Contained, PV-Powered Domestic Toilet and Wastewater Treatment System - YouTube
Video presentation of the prototype of a Solar-Powered Self-contained Human Waste Water Treatment System developed by Prof. Hoffmann's research ...

New self-contained communities will help reduce Dubai traffic
... Municipality’s masterplan for Desert Rose, a housing project for Emiratis that could become a blueprint for new ventures. DUBAI // Self-contained ...

Pinery Fire: Country Fire Service declares fire is contained as residents confront widespread devastation ...
THE deadly Pinery fire — which has been fully contained — destroyed or severely damaged 87 homes that are now considered uninhabitable, Premier ...

Fire threatening Whiteman Park, Brabham and Henley Brook contained
About 80 firefighters remain at a fire in the north-eastern suburbs of Perth that torched more than 370 hectares of bushland and threatened a ...

Pathways to a climate-contained, affluent 2050
A multi-country group of researchers, led by Jeffrey Sachs, has shown how it is still possible to contain global warming and enjoy strong economic ...

'Contained, withdrawn' TV star goes to jail over child porn
'Contained, withdrawn' TV star goes to jail over child porn

Mars rove Curiosity finds water contained in soil on the surface of the red planet
THE Mars rover Curiosity has had a major breakthrough: It has found water after scraping the dusty surface of the red planet.

World Bank positive 'Ebola can be contained'
World Bank boss Jim Yong Kim has said he is optimistic the Ebola outbreak will be contained within months.