number of file's TAB

Hello,

The opened file names are displayed as a tab's below the Menu Icons.
So I can switch to specific file by clicking on his TAB.
The maximum tab number is 6. if I have 10 files buffers, I have only 6
of them in the TAB.

How can I increase the number of those tabs?

Regards,
Shlomot
0
str
7/16/2008 7:07:54 AM
comp.emacs.xemacs 2750 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

str a �crit:
> Hello,
>
> The opened file names are displayed as a tab's below the Menu Icons.
> So I can switch to specific file by clicking on his TAB.
> The maximum tab number is 6. if I have 10 files buffers, I have only 6
> of them in the TAB.
>
> How can I increase the number of those tabs?

Add this in your custom.el file:

(custom-set-variables ;; if already in the file, just add the next line
 '(buffers-tab-max-size 10)
)

--
Vince
Major modes (PHP and Smarty): <http://deboutv.free.fr/lisp/>
On Jul 16, 10:36=A0am, Vince <debo...@free.fr> wrote:
> str a =E9crit:
>
> > Hello,
>
> > The opened file names are displayed as a tab's below the Menu Icons.
> > So I can switch to specific file by clicking on his TAB.
> > The maximum tab number is 6. if I have 10 files buffers, I have only 6
> > of them in the TAB.
>
> > How can I increase the number of those tabs?
>
> Add this in your custom.el file:
>
> (custom-set-variables ;; if already in the file, just add the next line
> =A0'(buffers-tab-max-size 10)
> )
>
> --
> Vince
> Major modes (PHP and Smarty): <http://deboutv.free.fr/lisp/>

Hello Vince

Thanks,
0
str

1 to 20 with x number of 1's, 2's, 3's, ... 20's
This is probably a simple thing to do, so perhaps someone would send me in the right direction. I need to generate a list containing numbers from 1 to 20, say. But I cant just use A = 1:20, for example, because that provides me only one instance of each of the values. What I need is X instances for each value. For example, 5 ones, twos, threes, and so forth. Is there a simple command for this? Regards, Ulrik. On Sep 9, 10:52=A0am, "Ulrik Nash" <u...@sam.sdu.dk> wrote: > This is probably a simple thing to do, so perhaps someone would send me i= n the right dir...

It's on-it's off-it's on, it's off -WHY?
IS THIS THE CORRECT FORUM? Hope so. We have three computer networked at home...all with Windows XP. one of those is a laptop. Some mornings all 3 can see each other and transfer files...then mysteriously one or more will disappear. No contact....then later it's back. The laptop is the worst. Most often it won't let us in...but sometimes it will. No obvious reason. The most INFURIATING part is the message "see your administrator". Dammit Bill Gates...don't you realize that most networks are small offices without a Majestic Royal Administrator sitting his i...

What's the correllation between File I/O's and Disk I/O's
Hi We have a client that is getting poor response times. But it's not consistant. One person may have no problems one day while another is having huge delays, and the next day it's vice versa. The system we have does a lot of data entry. Depending on the data entered, a validation against files is required. We've done a lot of investigation into this, and one thing that we have noticed is that the number of Disk I/O's increases much faster than the File I/O's requested. One thing noticed was they had 9 disks, and disk 1 was going to 70-80% utilisation (WRKDSKSTS), which ...

call GUI's m-file inside other GUI's m-file?
Dear all: can i call m-file for GUI1 inside another GUI2 m-file??if yes how can i make that??and how can i pass parameter from the first one to another one?? best regard amal ...

*.xml files - carriage return's go into file in VMS
Can anyone help me with how to search/repl or convert the file to eliminate the carriage returns in the xml file in VMS? Thanks, Chuck $ dir/full abw_from_msword.xml Directory USER$DISK:[PXZA003] ABW_FROM_MSWORD.XML;1 File ID: (80080,16,0) Size: 34/36 Owner: [EXCERPT,PXZA003] Created: 27-MAR-2009 09:56:57.02 Revised: 27-MAR-2009 09:56:57.49 (1) Expires: <None specified> Backup: <No backup recorded> Effective: <None specified> Recording: <None specified> Accessed: <None specified> Attributes: <None s...

Simple way to loop a directory's files and put the file's text into string variable
Can someone please give me some code sample on how to do this in VB? So far I tried two methods and I've read of a third one that uses "DIR" but I don't know how to write the "DIR" method. I need to know which code would loop through the files fastest? Or they are all the same? I have SQL files that I want to read one by one and using SQL DMO execute them. Here's one sample I have for looping files... Dim sSQL As String Dim iFile As Integer FileListBoxTest.Path = "C:\Temp" FileListBoxTest.Pattern = "*aa.sql" For i = 0 To FileListBoxTest...

Are the number of predefined 'errno's the same across platforms? How to avoid clashing of 'errno's from different libraries?
In my ubuntu machine, there are the following 'errno's defined. I looked at the specification draft (n1256.pdf), and I didn't see how many 'errno's are defined. (Please let me know if I overlooked anything.) Are the number of predefined 'errno's the same across platforms? It seems that libraries other than C standard library can define their own 'errno's. I'm wondering how to avoid clashing of the 'errno's from different libraries? $ cat main.c #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h> int main(void) { int n; for(n ...

In awk -- how to 'cat' a file for it's value and update another file
I have a file (schvoy) with one variable. I have a file (baplie) with many lines. I only want to update the line in file baplie that has $1 ~ /TDT/ and I want to update $3 with the value of file schvoy. I feel like I have tried everything. Please advise the best and easiest way to pass the value in schvoy file using awk. Thanks very much. onewayonlytojesus@yahoo.com wrote: > I have a file (schvoy) with one variable. > I have a file (baplie) with many lines. > I only want to update the line in file baplie that has $1 ~ /TDT/ and I > want to update $3 with the value of file schvoy...

Error? s = assignin('base','s',tf('s'));
Hi, I need a little help here. Could anyone please tell me what is wrong with this command? s = assignin('base','s',tf('s')); The matlab syntax is -- assignin(ws, 'var', val) Basically I just want to add s=tf('s') into the base workspace. Jack "Jack" <Jack@Jill.com> wrote in message news:ef3e449.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, > I need a little help here. Could anyone please tell me what is wrong > with this command? > > s = assignin('base','s',tf('s')); > > The matlab syntax is -- as...

It's primitive; it's dumb; it's brittle--but it's AI.
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/aisource.html is a pathway to the http://code.google.com/p/mindforth AI project at Google Code. The AI is primitive because it has only enough features to demon- strate thinking. It is "dumb" inasmuch as it has barely any IQ. It is extremely brittle because the slightest change in the code can destroy the artificial mind crafted so painstakingly in Forth: Arthur -- http://agi-roadmap.org/Milestones -- ten years of progress. ...

file stream 1's 0's ?
I need to program this. I'm not asking any code, but an idea from you would be helpful. Thanks. I open a binary file stream, which has millions or trillions of 1's & 0's some thing like this 1100100011101110111.......... for easy understanding lets take this 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 =X assume there is an idle case like this 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 = Y now Y has 7 cases, each case has 2 chances either 1 or 0 'Z' is particular case first position is changed to 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 and matched with X not as a number[whether x is y, or not], but from left to right checking 'individual&#...

What's wrong with CodeWarrior's .o files?
Please help!! ;-) I am generating Mach-O object files with CodeWarrior (v9.4) from C files (the C++ compiler is turned off). Using #pragma export I've got just the symbols I want exported. Running nm -g on the compiled binary shows that everything looks good. However, when I try to *use gcc* (Apple's v3.3) to compile a project and link in the object file that CodeWarrior created, here's what I see: $ gcc -o my_app my_app.c my_object_created_with_codewarrior.o ld: my_object_created_with_codewarrior.o section 6 (__DATA,__nl_symbol_ptr) in load command 0 has...

Fixing a file's 'counterpart'
Is there a way to fix a file's counterpart? I had earlier done a save as to move a file but the other side (of an .h, .m combo) points to an old area (I've since commit'd and checked out the entire project). I can navigate to the proper files from the project so it's just a file-to-file linkage that needs fixing. Any ideas? -- /los "I was a teenage net-random" In article <480b484e$0$11627$607ed4bc@cv.net>, slashlos <slashlos@optimum.net> wrote: > Is there a way to fix a file's counterpart? I had earlier done a save as > to...

What's the point of creating dmg's of a large file?
I don't get it...missing something huge here. Please help por favor:) In article <2008081204505616807-bozaf23@gmailcom>, Alexandros Zafiropoulos <bozaf23@gmail.com> wrote: > I don't get it...missing something huge here. > > Please help por favor:) You tell us. -- Send responses to the relevant news group rather than to me, as E-mail sent to this address may be devoured by my very hungry SPAM filter. Due to Google's refusal to prevent spammers from posting messages through their servers, I often ignore posts from Google Groups. Use a real news client i...

Web resources about - number of file's TAB - comp.emacs.xemacs